AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 19:47   Link #41
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Whats the point in having a Seed if you don't ever use it? Honestly, she had about 20 chances to use her Seed in Destiny and she never did. So I still consider it either a fluke or animation error, because 99% of Cagalli's piloting time she is a normal pilot.

Take-that!
Old 2007-04-15, 21:55   Link #42
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Whats the point in having a Seed if you don't ever use it? Honestly, she had about 20 chances to use her Seed in Destiny and she never did. So I still consider it either a fluke or animation error, because 99% of Cagalli's piloting time she is a normal pilot.
Sooooooo....... Did Lacus ever go into SEED mode?
Quote:
Take-that!
My post-ender is not in reference to my posts. It's just a phrase I put at the end of each post. It's not "rubbing in" my point or anything of the sort.

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 05:56   Link #43
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
I still don't buy that Mu and Rau were newtypes. What I hate about CE is all of the side story BS that this crap turns up in. Oh sure, you can watch both 50 episode CE tv series, but you've got to read the Astray comics and multiple hobby mags just to get the big picture on everything else. Until they actually mention the concept of newtypes in the anime I'm not going to buy it.

Rau's piloting skills would alude to newtype abilities, since if he was a natural he shouldn't have been able to toast Kira, but he was a genetic experiment. But Mu always seemed pretty average in everything but Akatsuki.
Didn't Fukuda himself admitted that both Mu and Rau were newtypes and the last of their kind? Back in 2002/2003 which is a very long time ago I know. Also just because you're a newtype doesn't mean you're actually a good pilot (see Char)
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 06:13   Link #44
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel-kun View Post
but remember kira and cagali where brother and sister so if he is a genetic super coordinator what do u think that makes her?
ask yourself why make 1 super kid and 1 normal?
Cuz kira was taken from the womb and placed in one of them special chambers cagai on the other hand was born natrualy.Thats why.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 07:40   Link #45
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
Cuz kira was taken from the womb and placed in one of them special chambers cagai on the other hand was born natrualy.Thats why.
*approved*

Yeah. I'm fairly sure this was explained towards the end of SEED when Mwu and Kira entered the facility after Rau.

Hoo-ah!

Old 2007-04-18, 22:57   Link #46
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Yazan. He's just freaking awesome. pun intended.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:57   Link #47
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Yazan. He's just freaking awesome. pun intended.
Indeed he is cant wait for the movie.
Old 2007-04-20, 00:59   Link #48
PowerBarEX

It's gotta be between Yazan, Shiro and Anavel Gato...but yea Yazan's probably better that the other two. What a beast! lol
PowerBarEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 01:32   Link #49
Archer

Edward Harrelson, aka Ed the Ripper.

He's a Natural pilot, but is considered to be the best pilot of the Cosmic Era, Kira included. There's no artificial powerups or enhancements involved (no SEED, no drugs, no fancy newtype powers), just raw skill and a variety of mobile suits. Besides, he has an awesome nickname (that he got from cutting open an enemy mobile suit by ramming it with a normal aircraft).

I would also say Barry Ho, since he was able to hold off a squadron of Daggers with only a barehanded civilian-use mobile suit. Barry should feel more at home in the G Gundam series, I think.

As for the UC, I'll vote Johnny Ridden, just 'cuz.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 17:00   Link #50
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

here are my picks by rank
1. hiiro yuy
2. Trowa Barton
3. Mwu La Flaga
4. Zechs
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 18:18   Link #51
kaishe

well saying its about normal pilots i'd say this is my top 5
1. Yzak from GSD
2. Wu Fei wait he's normal right?
3. Duo i think hes normal
4. Raww Le Kleus well i guess hes normal i think -.-;
5. Mwu La Flga
kaishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 15:50   Link #52
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishe View Post
4. Raww Le Kleus well i guess hes normal i think -.-;
5. Mwu La Flga
I would agree with you here but The Powers that Be have labeled these two not-normal because of some ridiculous assertion made by SEED creators in interview that Mu and Rau are Newtype. Despite it never being said in the show and Mu being so average of a pilot that he balances out Rau's godpower. I guess any characters that get the little Newtype Zing in the Seed universe are Newtypes by default, no questions ask, pass go and collect 200 dollars.
Old 2007-04-24, 16:08   Link #53
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Fukuda SAID they were NEWTYPES...It doesn't get anymore clearer than that..It may be the most ridiculous thing in the world but he SAID IT (without a doubt mind you), and White Flashy Marks in Gundam = Newtypeisms (however crappy or unexplained as they are presented, that's beyond the general consensus)...

Rau is definatley not normal...Insane clone aging too quickly = Not Normal

Mu wasn't normal either, but his piloting skills in non-MA's kinda sucks whereas Rau's MS skills were pretty damn good...But by rule he's not normal...

Oh and while I'm here I'll buy Park Place if you don't mind...
Old 2007-04-24, 22:23   Link #54
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Fukuda SAID they were NEWTYPES...It doesn't get anymore clearer than that..It may be the most ridiculous thing in the world but he SAID IT (without a doubt mind you), and White Flashy Marks in Gundam = Newtypeisms (however crappy or unexplained as they are presented, that's beyond the general consensus)...

Rau is definatley not normal...Insane clone aging too quickly = Not Normal

Mu wasn't normal either, but his piloting skills in non-MA's kinda sucks whereas Rau's MS skills were pretty damn good...But by rule he's not normal...

Oh and while I'm here I'll buy Park Place if you don't mind...
Mwu was much more effective with a MA, so I guess you can be Newtype in something other than MS combat. ^^;

Personally I don't buy that he's a Newtype, either, even with Fukuda saying so. I mean, I guess Mwu is if Fukuda says so, but a fan's interpretation says, "no."

Hoo-ah!

Old 2007-04-24, 22:39   Link #55
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The reason Mwu wasn't normal because as the Hawk of Endymion he was the only pilot to survive the 3rd Fleet's elite Moebius Zero mobile armor corps via his psuedo-Newtype handling of MA's...

From Gunota: Fukuda interview

Q: Are Mwu and Raww Newtypes?
A: Both are the last remaining Newtypes. They were the last Newtypes in the world so I wanted to write a story where non-Newtype people try to solve the problem.

Now Fukuda may be a craptastic Gundam director, but he clearly created Mwu and Rau to be Newtypes (however flawed or unexplained as I said before)...My theory on Rau being so much better in MS combat is because he grew up in space around ZAFT technology and became more apt to their combat stylings (Conversely I think Mwu could have done the same had he grew up as a soldier around that technology)...

As for fan's interpretation, Newtype is only the beginning in-terms of what they screwed up...

You can read more of that old-a$$ interview here...