Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-19, 05:00   Link #21
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
RIP, Ga-rei protagonists.

Yep, Ga-rei Zero seems to be an original story. The story section has been open, saying that Tooru/Natsuki/etc. are the protagonists and such, and that the anime focuses on their group's activities.

Also, Masaki and Kudou are added to the characters section.
I so don't like original stories I'm going to start reading the manga soon... as to the anime after knowing its an origianl story I'm not sure I'm going to follow it.
Old 2008-07-19, 17:06   Link #22
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I am a bit disapointed i liked the manga and wanted to see it animated, let's hope it will turn well.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 17:31   Link #23
Dingo
The polyphony

Caught up with the manga and what can I say, it's pretty bad.An original story certainly isn't going to be the end of all things for this mediocre series.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 14:15   Link #24
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Talk about killing a manga. I'm not seeing any parallels between Ga-rei and this except ghosts. Kick out the main characters, kick out the storyline, but keep the idea of ghosts. Do they even need to call this Ga-rei?
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 16:08   Link #25
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
I so don't like original stories
"Original story"?! Is this the new fancy word for rip-off/cheap-fake.

That's just fukin' gay!!
It's sad seing some of the coolest manga characters turned into this kind of crap.
Who are they actually playing dress up for? What are they now, the toilet cleaners...
Old 2008-07-30, 18:59   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Who are they actually playing dress up for? What are they now, the toilet cleaners...
Looking at them, I'm reminded of hikers...

And might as well, I'll take this time to point out, but Mami (what, loli chara?) and Kiriya (not filled in...) are added to the characters section. I think this is the last batch?

Also, I have no idea what they plan to do, but the "Item" section is open, with designs of a plane, bike, and gun.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:41   Link #27
Avisch
Reality Blender

Ahh! This is sad news!
I've been reading the manga. And despite the story being uncreative and lacking intrigue, It's art is really cool!

So much for an interesting adaptation. Looks like it's being intended for manga fans only....and it sure doesn't seem to be pleasing us.

Heh. Well. Maybe I will watch it anyway.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:49   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Looks like it's being intended for manga fans only....
Actually, considering they took out the characters from the manga, I think it's intended for the opposite (since taking out the manga elements for manga fans doesn't make any sense).

The site has made an update on the home page, staff/cast page, and characters page (added Aoi, character profiles get a background of their faces).

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-05, 12:47   Link #29
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Gotta love performing thread necromancy. G:Z is one of the series I have my eye on for this season, though I must still catch the raw to know whether I'll eventually keep it on my to-watch list. That put aside, it doesn't look like this series is getting any love around here.

Oh, well...whatever.

Ga-Rei Zero episode 01
Spoiler for 2chan threads for GRZ episode 01 (scroll down till mid-page to find the GRZ screencaps):
RULES:

- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink.

When the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (meaning: the screenshots), the broken urls lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a type of content that goes against Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks, whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: raws are out (and I'm not sure someone's going to provide screencaps, unless either Omni or Divine write up something at Random Curiosity), so I'll go forward and take the 2chan links off...before I forget to do so.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-10-05 at 16:29. Reason: 2chan links removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 13:41   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kuku... Ahaha... Puh... *trying to hold back a laugh*
Excellent!! It's been a while since I've seen a sudden development as great as Kissdum's!!
Heck, if Varda was in it, I'd call it Kissdum 2...

Either way... Loved it. Loved Kissdum, so the events in this episode really were great. I guess at the same time, it'd probably push people away, but oh well...

Iyah... Never thought this would be so entertaining. When I heard the anime was going to be different from the manga, I wondered what would happen, but this was beyond expectations. Truly!

Only complaint... The grotesque scenes are clearly censored with blackness... (-_-)
You can still see some of the blood and killing, but meh...

No OP/ED, no Preview though.
Animation/Battles were cool and well animated (CG monsters), character designs were good, music was good.
I'll be looking forward to this... 3rd best series in the season for me for now after one episode, following Kannagi and Toaru Majutsu no Index.

Spoiler for the "surprise":

Old 2008-10-05, 14:08   Link #31
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for the "surprise":
Spoiler for ohhh:

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:08   Link #32
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Yeah, awesome ending to the first episode. The whole thing was basically the introduction to your high budget RPG of choice. I could have done without the CG ROLLING DINOSAUR ON FIRE, but you know... whatever. A little less censoring or showing a bit more of exactly what happened at the end would have been nice too, but eh, that's how cliffhangers go. Definitely can't wait for next week to see what this show is actually all about.

Caps/blerg
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 18:54   Link #33
Hazard

Oh man what the hell is up with the first ep, lol. Well needless to say it was a good first episode but I hope they wont base the entire anime on the prologue to what we saw because they spoiled the ending.

Last edited by Hazard; 2008-10-05 at 20:08.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:59   Link #34
kaosmos

O.M.G i love it,gore,girl with katana,twin gun dude and the spiritual sister of lady from dMc

i sure hope we get to see that katana girl again...no matter whose side she's on.

so..yeah,don't know if miyuki is in this anime this time,but i'll be following this one veeeeery closely !

(and blah,i hate that censor....)

Last edited by kaosmos; 2008-10-06 at 00:10.
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 22:27   Link #35
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

O don't understand a single thing that's going on in the first episode. But I like the two main characters. So I'll try it a couple more episodes. By the way...who the hell is Aoi? What was her relationship with Touru?

I want Touru x Natsuki >_< Not Touru x Other girls.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 23:16   Link #36
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Man, I want my 'Chained Spiritual Beast' ...

This kinda looks like a high-tech version of 'Ghostbusters' I'm actually kinda interested in how they changed up the story, but I had really wanted to see Kagura and Shizuru in action.
Old 2008-10-05, 23:18   Link #37
Ellaya_dw

Send a message via ICQ to Ellaya_dw
It's a good episode. I don't really like manga, so I'm glad they changed story, but I want to see Ga-Rei in some ep, well, he must show up (if only "Zero" means there is no Ga-Rei). And there was a good intriguing end. What'll happen next? Can't wait next ep.
Ellaya_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 23:20   Link #38
NakedAngelX

What type of first episode is this lol? So everybody we know ends up dying and an unknown girl pops out at the end of the EP?
Old 2008-10-06, 03:50   Link #39
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Spoiler for question:
Old 2008-10-06, 04:12   Link #40
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
action packed but wtf plot

10 clams on this is the end game.

ill follow it im intrigued and need a show with nonfuturistic stupid pew pew lasers, needs more semi automatics
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen