AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 19:56   Link #1341
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
I bought the game when it first came out and I did all heroine routes except Akane which was pretty much impossible to read with my Japanese reading comprehension. I'm all patched up now and I want to go through everything properly again. Is there any was I can reset the system data without reinstalling the game?
Delete or move the save data in your My Documents\Key\Rewrite\savedata folder.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 20:35   Link #1342
Jao
panchi~

Oh, huh. Thanks a bunch.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 21:49   Link #1343
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That's what I assumed too but I don't see how that's particularly poignant.
Spoiler:

On another note, the game is littered with things similar to those... I don't know if your English translation managed to convey them well.

Last edited by Balzac; 2013-01-30 at 22:00.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 23:38   Link #1344
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Spoiler:

On another note, the game is littered with things similar to those... I don't know if your English translation managed to convey them well.
To be honest, I only notice about that in Moon but missed that hidden meaning during the Ending (and yes I played in the original Japanese). Must be because I lost track a bit of what happening during the end to catch that .

And I agree that the game is littered with so many things like these (especially in the common route), for example
Spoiler for Common Route:
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 02:39   Link #1345
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
No, of course not. Not that I think it really had much of an impact on my enjoyment of the work, though if I do get around to learning Japanese one of these years this is definitely the first game I'll replay.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:26   Link #1346
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think the real danger is that we might not get a port at all... I don't get the impression that Rewrite is very popular compared to KEY's other works.
Hey, you shouldn't worry about that. Temporarily not talking about Rewrite popular or not, Prototype is a company associated with Visual Art's/Key, which produced all console port of Key game on PS, PS2, PSP, PSVita, etc,... I wouldn't be surprised if the next time we receive notification of the PSVita for Rewrite, even Android (Visual Art's Motto SP) Kud Wafter will get a PSP port on April 2013 (you just see all Key's history console port: http://vndb.org/p24)

Also, Rewrite is really popular in Japan, I know that.
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 03:01   Link #1347
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
Also, Rewrite is really popular in Japan, I know that.
That's certainly good to hear.
Old 2013-02-01, 03:10   Link #1348
Kirayuki

I'm really curious what their next project will be, and I really doubt we will have something really new for this year (or the next year too). Maybe a console port announcement or something.
Old 2013-02-01, 03:30   Link #1349
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Whatever it is would be a surefire indication of the company's future direction: continue in the Maeda standard or branch off to other genres. I'm decidedly neutral on that point.

And that leads to another question: assuming Rewrite readers have also read other Key works, how much "Key" has it felt for you?
Old 2013-02-01, 03:45   Link #1350
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
And that leads to another question: assuming Rewrite readers have also read other Key works, how much "Key" has it felt for you?
Not at all, really. It's a completely different product in almost every regard (and this is a very good thing in my books).
Old 2013-02-01, 04:11   Link #1351
Kirayuki

same with above, and I do think it's nice to have something different once in a while. Not saying Clannad and the rest are bad though.
Old 2013-02-01, 06:54   Link #1352
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think a certain compromise would have been the best result. I surely missed a bit Maeda's implication there (after monsters like AS and Refrain), but some "key" stuff remained, and they weren't really the best parts of Rewrite.
Past the common route being relaxing and amusing, yet too longwinded, Tonogawa's writing is just plain bland. Frankly, it is a wonder he could do a good route like Yuiko (well, imho it was one of the better LB heroine route, bias for the character aside), but something as underwhelming as Shizuru and Chihaya's routes.
Old 2013-02-01, 07:08   Link #1353
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

You mean how sad the story of the game is? It doesn't feel that this game's nature is to make anyone playing it feel emotional or sad like other key games that I've played... but I still like it.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 10:25   Link #1354
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Quote:
Whatever it is would be a surefire indication of the company's future direction: continue in the Maeda standard or branch off to other genres. I'm decidedly neutral on that point.

Key has revealed their new project: http://center.vnkeyfanclub.com/blog/...-pham-ke-tiep/ (I apologize for not in English, it is my language, but you can use Google Translate)

Basically, it would be the most similar to the traditional style of Key (crying game as CLANNAD, Kanon, Little Busters!), and more likely Maeda Jun is the main writer.

Actually, Key described Rewrite is a "testing project for the new style", so it isn't a game to make people cry.
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 11:40   Link #1355
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Basically, it would be the most similar to the traditional style of Key (crying game as CLANNAD, Kanon, Little Busters!), and more likely Maeda Jun is the main writer.
Well, I'm sure that will make some people happy.
Guess they'll reveal more details this April, then.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:53   Link #1356
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Actually, Key described Rewrite is a "testing project for the new style", so it isn't a game to make people cry.
I guess I can see that it's unpolished in a way but it's still quite satisfying for me. Hopefully they'll make games like this too one day.

Old 2013-02-01, 12:13   Link #1357
TJR

Quote:
It sounds as if Yuuto Tonokawa is now the planning and scenario lead, even if Maeda is on board as one of the writers.

Tonokawa taking over has been planned for a long time (Maeda wanted to bow out and groom a successor after writing Clannad), which is possibly why they once said that Komari represented the future of Key.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 15:36   Link #1358
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I guess I can see that it's unpolished in a way but it's still quite satisfying for me. Hopefully they'll make games like this too one day.
Overall I feel that Key shouldn't do more games like Rewrite... all they really proved with its production and management is that games more complicated than the typical magical realism nakige are a bit beyond them.
Not that I wasn't a fan of Clannad, mind you... the problem is, in my opinion, that Clannad was already the pinnacle of that particular style. I don't see anything more that can be done with it without retreading old ground (not that Clannad wasn't already doing that in some ways).
I worry for Key these days.
Old 2013-02-01, 21:41   Link #1359
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

On the contrary, I feel like they could put a better one if they tried for one or two more games like this. Coupled that with the usual nakige drama of key, I feel like they could put a more realistic drama but still retains key magic in it.. which is far better in my opinion.

Old 2013-02-02, 06:24   Link #1360
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I agree, I liked Rewrite's style. Admittedly, usual Maeda nakige don't really succeed in making me all that sad, with the exception of some scenes
Spoiler for LB Refrain:
and I really enjoyed Rewrite, albeit fairly flawed in its execution.
Spoiler for Rewrite heroine routes:
I hope they make more games like this in the future.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel