AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 04:18   Link #1141
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

The "Macho" games are the ones I usually avoid playing, mainly due to the emphasis on blood, gore, violence and etc, hence the reason i play JRPGs most of the time.
Old 2013-03-18, 04:44   Link #1142
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I have no idea why this game got lots of hate especially in youtube. Most comments I saw are "girly Japanese shit" even it is quite ironic as its marketing audiences are actually males.

Maybe because most English-speaking gamers thought men should play more "macho" games like Gears of War, Killzone, Bulletstorm and God of War instead of "cute" one like Neptunia.
good job... going from one fabricated extreme to the other

the "Why Guys like playing as girls?" thread on AS has some real reasons as to why different people prefer playing gender x in video games
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 07:13   Link #1143
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I have no idea why this game got lots of hate especially in youtube. Most comments I saw are "girly Japanese shit" even it is quite ironic as its marketing audiences are actually males.

Maybe because most English-speaking gamers thought men should play more "macho" games like Gears of War, Killzone, Bulletstorm and God of War instead of "cute" one like Neptunia.
That's because such games are already quite niche already. Does it actually matter what English speaking gamers think? The game's main audience isn't them anyway

And Youtube is 4chan number 2
Old 2013-03-18, 07:48   Link #1144
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

Bald Space Marine: OMGZ THIS IS TO GURLY FOR ME. CLEARLY THE WAN THAT PLAY THIS IS PEDOPHILES!!!!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 09:46   Link #1145
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:

Because when we had to a perform a massive letter campaign to bring 3 decent JRPGs over while shit like this comes over every year. People are going to have a negative view on the situation.

The only way for people to enjoy JRPGs is if they are more in tone with today's WRPGs. Play some Witcher, some Diablo and some Dragon Age and this is what people want with WRPGs barring Wide Open Sandboxes meant only for PCs.

Cavia/Access so far is the only company who knows what the Western and the so called "Call Of Duty" Audience wants.
Old 2013-03-18, 11:41   Link #1146
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Because when we had to a perform a massive letter campaign to bring 3 decent JRPGs over while shit like this comes over every year. People are going to have a negative view on the situation.

The only way for people to enjoy JRPGs is if they are more in tone with today's WRPGs. Play some Witcher, some Diablo and some Dragon Age and this is what people want with WRPGs barring Wide Open Sandboxes meant only for PCs.

Cavia/Access so far is the only company who knows what the Western and the so called "Call Of Duty" Audience wants.

You talk as if JRPG makers even prioritize or should prioritize what people on your side of the pond want as usual...
Old 2013-03-18, 12:43   Link #1147
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You talk as if JRPG makers even prioritize or should prioritize what people on your side of the pond want as usual...
I just get pretty annoyed when people associate the haters as "COD macho marines", the problem is JRPGs are not sufficient in the "Dark Fantasy" area which the current market is trending towards in the RPG sector which is causing people to turn their noses at the genre.
Old 2013-03-18, 15:54   Link #1148
shadow1296

Quote:

you do realize that you are comparing to completely genres, heck the only thing the same with them is the rpg in their name. jrpg are meant to tell a story and that story doesn't usually change no matter how you play it and they are usually released with the entire story finished most of the time, in wrpg's the story changes every time you play it never reaching the same conlusion and always left open to let more dlc scenerio's to be added that why most people buy a wrpg on a pc and most the time wrpg are have darker scenes which are bloody with some severe gore and a few sex scenes thrown it to the mix. they are usually played by people who wants a story way to seriously, but jrpg's like neptunia story's don't take themselves seriously and they don't need to they are played tobe enjoyed with endings that don't feel bitter sweet and when they do have a serious story like disgea 2 and 4 the comic relief all over the place and then they have the series like the final fantasy series whose stories are meant to be serious and focus on story telling with a dark tone.

you said they are only 3good jrpg while u say the rest are crap, well then what are these 3 good series that you consider good
Old 2013-03-18, 16:15   Link #1149
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
you do realize that you are comparing to completely genres, heck the only thing the same with them is the rpg in their name. jrpg are meant to tell a story and that story doesn't usually change no matter how you play it and they are usually released with the entire story finished most of the time, in wrpg's the story changes every time you play it never reaching the same conlusion and always left open to let more dlc scenerio's to be added that why most people buy a wrpg on a pc and most the time wrpg are have darker scenes which are bloody with some severe gore and a few sex scenes thrown it to the mix. they are usually played by people who wants a story way to seriously, but jrpg's like neptunia story's don't take themselves seriously and they don't need to they are played tobe enjoyed with endings that don't feel bitter sweet and when they do have a serious story like disgea 2 and 4 the comic relief all over the place and then they have the series like the final fantasy series whose stories are meant to be serious and focus on story telling with a dark tone.

you said they are only 3good jrpg while u say the rest are crap, well then what are these 3 good series that you consider good
I was talking about Operation Rainfall, a huge undertaking by fans to bring good JRPGs to the wii. Meanwhile every year we get these mediocre titles which in turn has negatively colored people's reputations about JRPGs.

I am not comparing genres, I am looking at specific themes which are making JRPGs seem like a bad genre.
Old 2013-03-18, 16:51   Link #1150
shadow1296

Quote:
I was talking about Operation Rainfall, a huge undertaking by fans to bring good JRPGs to the wii. Meanwhile every year we get these mediocre titles which in turn has negatively colored people's reputations about JRPGs.

I am not comparing genres, I am looking at specific themes which are making JRPGs seem like a bad genre.
the problem is that unless one of the developers is either Namco, square enix, konami, or NIS they probably never see the light of day over here

so some the very good jrpg title usually don't get a shot with an American audience, especially since the mainstream game seems to be fps with multiplayer element, and most developers don't want to spend money on licenses to develop an American version they don't believe will sell in a market, heck the only reason why last story, xenoblade, and operation rainfall showed up in America was like u said and undertaking of fans.

the reason we get neptunia and the other because the companies that own them are willing to take the risk and sell to a NA market and because they take risk people buy it because they really don't have much competition heck most jrpgs on the shelves at gamestops that I've scene are created by idea factory and compile heart the same people who make neptunia

now don't get me wrong I like neptunia heck ive even pre-ordered victory but it does sell more copy's because its only competition, are usually the agarest and tales series and 1 of those if and CH games same as neptunia

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-03-18 at 18:13.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 21:18   Link #1151
NK_500
Disabled By Request

About the marketing audiences, I think it was made by Japanese men and for Japanese men, most of them who never play anything like CoD or any popular FPS games in particular. I also remember my sister's reaction when she played Ar Tonelico 2 which to her the game had good characters and good battle system but she can't get past the horrible plot(at least for her) and lame excuse to sell sex to lonely men(she's a moderate feminist). This is why yaoi VNs were made...

By the way I mildly interested in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory despite not playing the previous two. Do I need to play the previous two before I can play this one? Damn I was too late to buy that PS3.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 21:33   Link #1152
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
About the marketing audiences, I think it was made by Japanese men and for Japanese men, most of them who never play anything like CoD or any popular FPS games in particular. I also remember my sister's reaction when she played Ar Tonelico 2 which to her the game had good characters and good battle system but she can't get past the horrible plot(at least for her) and lame excuse to sell sex to lonely men(she's a moderate feminist). This is why yaoi VNs were made...

By the way I mildly interested in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory despite not playing the previous two. Do I need to play the previous two before I can play this one? Damn I was too late to buy that PS3.
technically no because each game story's don't really relate to each other except for the characters final bosses story wise, and them being sequels, while 1 is referenced mk2 its not often and has little point to the story in mk2, and their battle systems and dungeons are vastly different, I would however recommend you play mk2 atleast just to get a handle on victory's battle system since they are similar
Old 2013-03-19, 08:29   Link #1153
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

I don't agree with you on JRPGs needing to change in their themes or cater to a western audience, but in regards to the bolded above, I definitely do wish something would change in what titles actually get published over here. If you haven't yet, do what I did and make sure to avoid anything done by Compile Heart/Idea Factory. There is better stuff out there, just have to look for it. (I'd recommend looking for games published by Atlus to start with).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 13:37   Link #1154
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

woo hoo! my LE was just shipped today. hopefully, i'll get it by tomorrow (thursday) or Friday.
i've been waiting my entire life for this moment! *joking*

i still dont know what to do with that lunch box though....i cant pack my lunch to work with it.
my co-workers will think i'm weird even though i'm already weird enough. :P

but anyways, i'm HYPE, i'm ready for this game!
Old 2013-03-20, 15:03   Link #1155
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
woo hoo! my LE was just shipped today. hopefully, i'll get it by tomorrow (thursday) or Friday.
i've been waiting my entire life for this moment! *joking*

i still dont know what to do with that lunch box though....i cant pack my lunch to work with it.
my co-workers will think i'm weird even though i'm already weird enough. :P

but anyways, i'm HYPE, i'm ready for this game!
same here, hopefully we'll get it tomorrow
Old 2013-03-27, 00:45   Link #1156
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i'm already @ the last boss in this game, Hyperdimension V. :P

man, really wish Rei was playable. she is pretty hot in her
Spoiler:

i was doing good in the last boss first form...but her second battle was really tough
and i got rape hard. looks like the ladies were under levels. guess i'll be grinding for some
level up and finish up some quests.

is there any post game content after last boss on true ending chapter 10, anyone knows?
because if i defeat "her" and that's it, then i'll be disappoint.
Old 2013-03-27, 00:59   Link #1157
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
i'm already @ the last boss in this game, Hyperdimension V. :P

man, really wish Rei was playable. she is pretty hot in her
Spoiler:

i was doing good in the last boss first form...but her second battle was really tough
and i got rape hard. looks like the ladies were under levels. guess i'll be grinding for some
level up and finish up some quests.

is there any post game content after last boss on true ending chapter 10, anyone knows?
because if i defeat "her" and that's it, then i'll be disappoint.
If you want to play 2nd playthrough, just go to nep's planeptune and find that "?" to play 2nd run. If you dont want to play 2nd run, you will start grinding levels as there is no more story. (In the case of NA version.)

I am now currently playing JP version and lets just say I am grinding for Lily rank.(Heck, I havent even max rank of even one character.)

Back on first part of your post, here is some gaming tips for this game:
1.) Look at this wiki to see how Rei plays out. http://wikiwiki.jp/neptune_v/?%C2%E810%BE%CF
2.) Character - fixed equips gives better stats than equips for all, and allow maximum usage for the character.
3.) Use research, they may find dungeons that has good equips for your playthrough.(Try not to bump onto any monsters unless you are prepared.)

Off-topic abit, your avatar looks nice.(From which anime/manga/LN/Game?)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2013-03-27 at 01:11.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 01:07   Link #1158
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ in exchange for the info., here is the link to the avatar you ask.
https://yande.re/post/show/195581/ar...kishi_purely_k

ok, that's cool. i guess after "her" the story basically end and not much left to do. so just
waiting on that DLC that further the story, huh? i'll beat "her" and then grind some and then
start getting the other endings.

alright, i'll probably get all 3 of them to 99 anyways since they're my main i'm using right now+
yellow heart. Plutia seems to hit very hard with her magic attack EXE.

oh yeah, do you know what place is good to grind for level up? the coliseum? thanks.
Old 2013-03-27, 01:14   Link #1159
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
^ in exchange for the info., here is the link to the avatar you ask.
https://yande.re/post/show/195581/ar...kishi_purely_k

ok, that's cool. i guess after "her" the story basically end and not much left to do. so just
waiting on that DLC that further the story, huh? i'll beat "her" and then grind some and then
start getting the other endings.

alright, i'll probably get all 3 of them to 99 anyways since they're my main i'm using right now+
yellow heart. Plutia seems to hit very hard with her magic attack EXE.

oh yeah, do you know what place is good to grind for level up? the coliseum? thanks.
Thanks for that link.

I usually go to coliseum to grind level ups before reaching 99. Especially the 6 warechu match. (They give about 80k exp per run.) But if your level is below the requirement level, I recommend not to grind there due to the damage that will cost your credits to be lost. If your level is low, I suggest grinding at valentine coliseum match as it is much easier.

Plutia: DAT 13-14 hit damage when transformed...

You can check some pages back to see what they have in store for JP version.(Hoping US version comes out all that...)

PS: Look at the parameters for All the goddess only. (Dont look at the makers unless you have them.) See the stats and see which one is best suited to fight the 2nd part.(Note: These are the stats when Stock equipments.)
http://wikiwiki.jp/neptune_v/?%A5%D1...E1%A1%BC%A5%BF

Fun fact: I actually did a stunt in JP version... I am also fighting Last boss version of Rei and my setup is......

Ram, Noire, Uni and a maker character called MarvelousAQL-chan.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2013-03-27 at 01:26.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 01:25   Link #1160
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Thanks for that link.

I usually go to coliseum to grind level ups before reaching 99. Especially the 6 warechu match. (They give about 80k exp per run.) But if your level is below the requirement level, I recommend not to grind there due to the damage that will cost your credits to be lost. If your level is low, I suggest grinding at valentine coliseum match as it is much easier.

Plutia: DAT 13-14 hit damage when transformed...

You can check some pages back to see what they have in store for JP version.(Hoping US version comes out all that...)

^ alright, back to the coliseum then. i guess that's the only way to level up faster.
yeah, my guys are around 68. requirement for the Pirachu (warechu) is 75...lol. i tried
earlier against them and wasnt able to hit them hard enough. they kill my three others
and left Neptune standing.

they're doing 0 damage to Neptune, but Neptune is doing barely any damage herself to them.
the battle ended up a draw....so i gave up. i'll think of valentine coliseum battle and get them
to at least 75 before taking on Pirachu again. :P

i'll check out on the DLCs later. pretty much bed time here for me. thanks for the info., they help me a lot.
and no problem on the link.

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg