AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 15:38   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
from what i understand it it only speculation that it is based on Sakura's ending. there isn't any concrete proof.
Well, I'm not sure what all has been stated officially or not (I will update the main post to indicate that it's speculation), but the evidence is rather strong that there is a connection:
  • We know the timeframe is the same as D.C. II due to recurring characters (like Yuzu, who is human)
  • The protagonist's last name is Yoshino (and there are no other known Yoshinos in the D.C. universe)
  • The protagonist's cousin is also a Yoshino (though she seems to be somehow tied/related to Aisia)

Whether it's based on Sakura's ending or not, they seem to be an extension of Sakura's lineage. We at least know from Nemu's ending aftermath (shown in D.C. II) that she didn't end up with anyone else. It's possible that it may not be based on Sakura's ending as shown in the original D.C., but it seems like it has to be somehow connected.

Now, of interest is what Mahou posted before about Rikka, who looks a lot like Sakura to start with and has the same hair-piece as Sakura, whose favourite food is "Wagashi" (sound familiar?), and talks about Kiyotaka being someone reunited with her after a past life. So there's an obvious connection between Sakura and Rikka (or perhaps, given the timing of the message they received from the past, the connection is actually with Sakura's grandmother).

I can only assume that this story will too be another piece of the on-going puzzle revolving around Sakura and the never-withering sakura tree, that'll probably eventually be concluded in D.C. Zero.

Edit: Okay, if we want to go for wildball theories... it's possible (but incredibly unlikely) that it could be an extension of Yoshiyuki x Aisia if they somehow went back in time, which suffice it to say is a hugely improbable plot development.
Old 2011-11-10, 17:07   Link #22
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

Now, of interest is what Mahou posted before about Rikka, who looks a lot like Sakura to start with and has the same hair-piece as Sakura, whose favourite food is "Wagashi" (sound familiar?), and talks about Kiyotaka being someone reunited with her after a past life. So there's an obvious connection between Sakura and Rikka (or perhaps, given the timing of the message they received from the past, the connection is actually with Sakura's grandmother).
On her profile page this train of tought about the fated person is also mentioned.
"清隆に一目惚れをしたのか「キミとは前世で恋人同士だった、言ってしまえば運命の人なのよ」なんてちょっ と不思議(?)なアプローチをしてきたり" -> She fell in love at first sight with Kiyotaka and approached him a bit strangely/mysteriously(?) with "You were my lover/We were lovers in my past life, my destined person so to speak."
Based on my general impressions, this seems to become the main point of her route. It just sounds like a romance-drama development once there's even the slightest hint of Kiyotaka to remember something.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 21:51   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, yesterday they obviously had the big product announcement for D.C. III where they revealed the cast, release date, and a bunch of other information. Most of it reiterates things that had already been rumoured/leaked, such as the end-April release date and the fact it'll be all-ages (which I guess may be a bad thing to some, but for a series like D.C. I don't think really matters). They had guest appearance from a number of big names from other companies like Visual Arts and Nitroplus, and discussed how game was developed on a new engine (called Unity) that was designed to be deploy-able on multiple platforms, including Android/iOS smartphones and on the Web (including the "D.C. Cloud" ). It goes without saying that yozuca* and rino (from CooRie) are back for vocal songs, and they got Haruko Momoi to write character songs. All the main staff are the team returning from D.C. II, including the formerly-"retired" tororo-danchou as producer, as we already knew.

One interesting note regarding the conversation we were having before... The voice actor for Charles Yoshino will be Ui Miyazaki, who you might recognize as the anime voice actress for... Aisia. I think the connection is confirmed.

Also, the other recurring character (announced so far) who will appear in the game is Yuuhi Takanashi, Mahiru's younger sister (from D.C. II F.L.), along with the already-mentioned Yuzu Kohinata (who looks at least 8-10 years older here... is this set in alternate ~2065?), and of course Minatsu. They still haven't revealed the last name for Mikoto, though confirmed the character design that was decided by readers of Dengeki G's.

ANN has a small write-up with the casting and some other basic information. There's also a Japanese write-up here.
Old 2011-11-19, 06:18   Link #24
hyl
reading #hikaributts

"In addition, Daisuke Kishio will return as Suginami. "

Ha, i knew it
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
more edits: i am pretty sure that the new Suginami will be voiced by the same seiyuu again who voiced all of the Suginami's so far: Kishio Daisuke or whatever pseudonym that he is using in eroge.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:40   Link #25
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

First trailer on Youtube (Courtesy of Omochikaeri~!)

Old 2011-11-23, 23:51   Link #26
KBTKaiser

VAs have been announced for this and they're not bothering with psuedonyms this time around, apparently.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 00:01   Link #27
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Why would they? It's all ages, lol.

(which makes me slightly disappointed, but meh.)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:46   Link #28
Revan21

The ero scenes were already pretty meh in D.C.II, so I won't be missing them

Another short commercial
Old 2012-03-16, 14:48   Link #29
Miqu

I can't help to wonder if the final scene from DC II somehow ties into how Yoshinos show up in the third game. The background in that image and the name Charles made me even more suspicious, theres also the DC III vndb.org page that mentioned a message from 1951.

I havent bothered checking the details but it would make more sense that simply going with the Sakura ending from the first game (more interesting too). Honestly I think it would be a waste not to take advantage of the drama that was revealed at the end of DC II, even if they have to go a roundabout way to do it.

Maybe the story has already been made clear on the DC III homepage and I'm only spouting is nonsense here (been a while since this thread was updated) but meh
Miqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 16:36   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, I figured that I'd bump this thread today since a lot has happened since we last had a major update in this thread.

The main thing is that the official website updated shortly after the release of the full trial to reveal the worst-kept secret about the parallel worlds of the game. Ricca Morizono is also known as Ricca Greenwood, and in the alternate world she's a Category 5 magician (only people 5 in the world at that level -- think like Level 5 in Index/Railgun ). Charles Yoshino is also Charles Marose, while Sara's last name in the alternate world is Crysalis (romanization notwithstanding). Interestingly, in the alternate world, there seem to be some discrepancies between the ages of the characters too. They basically tell you in the first few minutes of the game (both the Light Trial and the full trial) that Ricca came from the other dimension to search for Kiyotaka, though of course they don't reveal the reasoning behind it (or where the Ricca from the current dimension was, if she even exists).

The OP movie was also released recently, and it confirms the presence of Sakura in the game... which should surprise precisely no one.

All this to say there's definitely a sci-fi aspect to the game, and it definitely connects to the rest of the series, which we should expect assuming D.C. Zero is still on the way.

Anyway, will post more impressions as I make it through the full trial, which just arrived in the mail for me today.

Edit: Some comments from the trial:

Spoiler for Trial Notes (will update as I go through it):

Spoiler for Post-Trial Impressions/Wrap-up:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-02 at 23:57. Reason: finished writing impressions
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 16:56   Link #31
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I am SO hyped for this.
Old 2012-04-03, 03:48   Link #32
Balzac
Assistant Professor

....I think I might know what the plot's going to be from your playthrough of the trial. (especially regarding timelines) Then again, it could go another way entirely.
Old 2012-04-03, 04:06   Link #33
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

As much as I'm hyped for D.C III, I will resist and wait for the english version, regardless of how long it will take mangagamer. Due to my "VN-rushing" playstyle I think replaying D.C II might be a wise choice as I tend to forget parts of the routes more easily and I cannot remember too much of the true ending other than a Sakura point of view during Otome's (?) story or so.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 00:20   Link #34
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The updated (and presumed final?) trailer for D.C. III is out now. It contains a few tiny spoilers that were covered in the trial (that I wrote about above). For people who saw the earlier trailer, the animation is finished now so there aren't the awkward still-shot cuts that there were before. It's also a tiny bit NSFW in the usual anime fanservicey way (but that fits the tone of the trial, though many of the exact scenes portrayed in the trailer were not shown). All in all, though, I quite like the OP.

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-04-08, 02:41   Link #35
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

imo they just put an all-age tag on just to raise the fan service level

The plot looks quite interesting, at least it isn't just your average rabu rabu love story, which I read a few too many of those
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:08   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
imo they just put an all-age tag on just to raise the fan service level
Which is ironic because some people would probably assume that an 18+ "adults-only" game that actually has sex scenes would also have more fanservice throughout. But yes, given that there won't be that content this time, I would say (at least in the trial portion) that the fanservice was upped a bit compared to previous games. But, again, this might be partly do to the portion of the game shown in the trial, which is sort of a special situation.
Old 2012-05-05, 02:38   Link #37
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler:

...is all I can say at this point

What a twist...

Last edited by Balzac; 2012-05-05 at 02:49.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 03:36   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

It was mentioned in an interview that was released just before the game's launch that...

Spoiler for minor spoiler for D.C. III, concept of the story:

So yeah, that explains the plot twist you allude to above.

I just received my box on Friday afternoon, so just about time to dive into the game. I'll be able to skip ahead a bit, at least, having played the full trial.
Old 2012-05-05, 06:39   Link #39
Balzac
Assistant Professor

To anyone about to read D.C. III, I would recommend reading the heroine routes during Weather Vane as follows: Sara->Charles->Ricca->Himeno. The latter two can be interchanged freely, and barring Ricca being a somewhat important character (it's only a possibility... a possibility!), she'd be lumped together with the first two. I'll state my reasons later for the first two being first (in a hurry atm) along with the impressions through the overall game.

Edit: I'm already seeing at least a "season celebration", and a "P.S./P.C."
Old 2012-05-05, 10:31   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Edit: I'm already seeing at least a "season celebration", and a "P.S./P.C."
We wouldn't expect it any other way!

(This really annoys some people, but it's never annoyed me. If the game has characters I like, I'm all for expansions and greatly-expanded re-releases so I can re-enter the game universe again.)

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, sequel, visual novel