AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 18:30   Link #141
itachi-san314

yea, I think it's safe to say that kabuto has/had a super body. not only did he integrate juugo's dna which is like a nature energy sponge, he also has karin's uzumaki dna (and a conglomerate of others including orochimaru).

like Dengar points out, uzumaki is indeed right up there with uchiha and senju in terms of having a super body. when the story began, naruto was not special, but now with all the retcons naruto is certainly genetically blessed
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 18:56   Link #142
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Kabuto DID have a super body.
He was average, as he also stated it in his last fight he had no special abilities. Sure he augmented himself with other people's abilities, but then why didn't Orochimaru do the same? The argument was about the original body being so strong, not the modified one.

Or if the Uzumaki have such strong bodies that is needed for sage mode why not taking Karin's body?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 19:16   Link #143
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Nobody made any argument about Kabuto's original body and Orochimaru did the same thing since it was his plan to begin with. Kabuto implanted himself with the dna samples that Orochimaru collected over the years in order to increase his body capacity which allowed him to be nearly unkillable and to be able to use Senjutsu.

There is also nothing to say that Orochimaru wasn't an incomplete Sage like Jiraiya, Kabuto only said he couldn't master it. With Orochimaru stating that he took back his Senjutsu chakra that Kabuto had collected previously it seems like he could to some extent. In fact it would explain why Orochimaru was physically so snake-like, one of the side effect of an incomplete mastery of Sage mode is the user's body morphing into the "animal totem" of the Senjutsu school.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 21:11   Link #144
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Nobody made any argument about Kabuto's original body and Orochimaru did the same thing since it was his plan to begin with. Kabuto implanted himself with the dna samples that Orochimaru collected over the years in order to increase his body capacity which allowed him to be nearly unkillable and to be able to use Senjutsu.

There is also nothing to say that Orochimaru wasn't an incomplete Sage like Jiraiya, Kabuto only said he couldn't master it. With Orochimaru stating that he took back his Senjutsu chakra that Kabuto had collected previously it seems like he could to some extent. In fact it would explain why Orochimaru was physically so snake-like, one of the side effect of an incomplete mastery of Sage mode is the user's body morphing into the "animal totem" of the Senjutsu school.
Slug mode Tsunade anyone?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 21:29   Link #145
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well we were told that there was a third locations to learn Senjutsu.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 03:08   Link #146
ranchan13

It'd help to explain her massive mammaries
Maybe
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2012-07-17, 03:55   Link #147
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Slug-mode Tsunade can be either very sexy or very creepy .

She’ll be sexy if the mode just make her skin oily and sticky and make her cloths slide’s off.

She’ll be creepy if her body turns Slug-like with elongated eyes, fat-body, and short limbs. It reminds me of that obese vampire from the first Blade movie.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:03   Link #148
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Or if the Uzumaki have such strong bodies that is needed for sage mode why not taking Karin's body?
...Cos she's a sensor type?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:14   Link #149
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
...Cos she's a sensor type?
So is Naruto. Seems it's a clan trait, his was just dormant until he became BFFs with the 9 tails
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2012-07-17, 11:30   Link #150
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
So is Naruto. Seems it's a clan trait, his was just dormant until he became BFFs with the 9 tails
my understanding is that naruto's 'evil intent' sensor ability is a bi-product of gaining control of the kyuubi's chakra, not because he's uzumaki. that was the explanation when he obtained kyuubi mode anyway
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:46   Link #151
Midnight Commander

Quote:
But anyway, on page 17 Kabuto clearly states that Orochi could not become a "true sage", so my interpretation is that Orochimaru experimented on artificial sage mode which resulted in the cursed seal that is based on Juugo's DNA.
According to Kabuto, Orochimaru could not become a true/perfect sage(some translations stated "perfect"), however Oro can still apparently use senjutsu charka; he just cannot use it to augment his body's power to attain a perfect sage mode, as it was said the body wasn't able to handle it. There are several possible reasons, but personally, I find this explanation adequate and see no reason to prod it to death trying to find inconsistencies.

Quote:
But even if Orochi found the place he was never in sage mode, thus CS is not Orochi's sage mode chakra it's the result of Orochi's experimentation on his own body, Juugo's body and who knows what else.
...Except that he stated he placed his senjutsu chakra into Anko's CS right in this chapter :/
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 13:16   Link #152
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Slug-mode Tsunade can be either very sexy or very creepy .
Trol lolol lolol. Good point
Old 2012-07-17, 15:26   Link #153
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
as it was said the body wasn't able to handle it. There are several possible reasons, but personally, I find this explanation adequate and see no reason to prod it to death trying to find inconsistencies.
That explanation just doesn't make sense to me, but disregarding that one thing all else can still make sense

Quote:
...Except that he stated he placed his senjutsu chakra into Anko's CS right in this chapter :/
I didn't say that Orochimaru could not produce such stuff, i assumed he did it artificially (being a mad scientist type personality) instead of hard training like Jiraiya did. The author can even make sense of Orochimaru having only partial sage abilities, but there's no way that Orochi was ever a sage himself since in all his past fights he never showed any such super-power. In that case we could say that Sasuke was in sage mode at the VotE fight against Naruto.
BTW when Kabuto was speaking about the sharingan turning into rinnegan and such stuff it did seem to me that Sasuke will have to become a sage to awaken the rinnegan, and now it seems this might even happen, considering that even the CS that Sasuke had is some kind of crappy artificial sage mode. CS was taken from Sasuke, but maybe this was just like when Naruto was forbidden to use the incomplete rasenshuriken, just to return with a completed one which doesn't hurt his body.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 16:57   Link #154
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
my understanding is that naruto's 'evil intent' sensor ability is a bi-product of gaining control of the kyuubi's chakra, not because he's uzumaki. that was the explanation when he obtained kyuubi mode anyway
Well, there was also his life sense when he came back from Mount Froggyville
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2012-07-17, 21:57   Link #155
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I like the Idea of the possibility of these power ups unlocking Sensor Abilities of Naruto. did Jiraiya have life sensing abilities as well? if he did it means that it is unrelated to Uzumaki.

as far as I know Uzumakis only have strong chakra and long lives, I would relate karins healing chakra to uzumaki blood then her sensor abilities.

Spoiler for To You know who you are:

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:17   Link #156
strategos

Quote:
Except in reference to the ability, Kabuto stated that Oro "finally found the source where that ability came from... Thats Ryuchidou". This quote was even stated right over the flash back panel of Orochimaru inside the Ryuchidou cave :/

The reason Kabuto gave for Oro not mastering sage mode was not that he didn't find the location of the Ryuchidou, but a lack of a capable host-body.

Considering that the CS contains only a small portion of Oro's senjutsu chakra I certainly would not expect it to be. You seem to think I am trying to place the cursed seal and sage mode on equal footing for some reason, but thats not my intention at all. I never called Orochimaru a sage, because as I already stated, he wasn't able to reach the true potential since his host's body couldn't sustain the technique's strain.
i agree

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 03:51   Link #157
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Well, there was also his life sense when he came back from Mount Froggyville
My original point was "Why not take Karin's body.".

It's because Karin is a sensor type and not any kind of fighting type.

Sasuke is a Utility type and thus far more versatile.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote