AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-16, 19:35   Link #981
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Enchant...ment?
All this build up for the next game really got on my nerves I just can't wait for the next DLC or DA3

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 19:52   Link #982
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

I'm on my third play. Definitely agree with the sentiments that replay value is better than Origins.

The trolls on Metacritic and elsewhere are butt hurt gamers who likely haven't passed Act I, ridiculing the game for hive-mind agendas: console haters, Infinity Engine fan boys, Mass Effect II "dumbing down" conspiracy theorists, demo haters, graphic haters (granted DX11 driver support is having issues per BioWare forums).

Any rating below 6 is unjustified.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 19:54   Link #983
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
It would always go

"Insert extreme rant/whiny/complain/EA IS DEH SATAN/NEVER BUYING BIOWARE AGAIN here"

*Post Hawke Meme*

Profit.

Lol, I notice there are generally four types of complaint thread-

A) The [Arrogance] threads: "I'll forgive you Bioware if you just admit you were wrong..."

B) The [Betrayal] threads: "....WHY Bioware?! WHY?! How can you do this to us?! I've been a loyal fan!!"

C) The [Cocky] threads: "...I knew that 1 1/2 years wasn't enough time to develop the game!"

D) The [Denial] threads: "This is a joke right? DA2 isn't out yet..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 20:02   Link #984
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

At least there's a thread like this : http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/6478554/3 which praise DA 2 rather than hating it

Old 2011-03-16, 20:35   Link #985
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
At least there's a thread like this : http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/6478554/3 which praise DA 2 rather than hating it
Only because the mods there ban anyone right now who speaks ill of the game.
The way they talk.. forgot their names but saw their posts, you'd think they're 12 years old like the posters
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 20:56   Link #986
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Really ? When I get out of that thread and read all the other threads except for that one, I still see many people who talks ill towards the game
Then again, I've just read the forum yesterday so I don't know much about it.

Old 2011-03-16, 21:42   Link #987
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Only because the mods there ban anyone right now who speaks ill of the game.
The way they talk.. forgot their names but saw their posts, you'd think they're 12 years old like the posters
The mods are not banning people over negative criticism. They're banning people over breaking forum rules by being extremely rude and douchebaggy. The gaming blogs just went straight for the sensationalism angle because it gets them more AdSense views.

Derp.

And NO, a forum ban does NOT mean you are locked out of the game. You can play without even being connected to the Internet. I was playing last night and my internets crapped out, disconnecting me from the server. I quit to try and fix it, but it was an ISP issue so I could only wait--and DA2 launched just fine without being logged in.

Edit: Apparently if you are romancing her, Merrill's personal quest in both Act II and Act III have broken flags if you have maxed her out as a friend or rival. They automatically complete and end regardless of what you've done if you have her at either end. I think this also happens with Isabela, too.

These sort of things are legitimate problems with the game and are very annoying. Fortunately the console commands can reset the flags.
Old 2011-03-16, 21:46   Link #988
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

About logging in to the server each time we got to the title screen...can we deactivate that feature ? It annoys me because of my slow internet connection; I need to wait for about 5 minutes to get "cannot connect to the server" message and continue to play the game.

Old 2011-03-16, 21:50   Link #989
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
These sort of things are legitimate problems with the game and are very annoying. Fortunately the console commands can reset the flags.
What's console commands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
About logging in to the server each time we got to the title screen...can we deactivate that feature ? It annoys me because of my slow internet connection; I need to wait for about 5 minutes to get "cannot connect to the server" message and continue to play the game.
Plug out your internet, that's how I play my Dragon Age 2 They'll show you a nice little pop up about not being able to connect and you can continue on your merry way.
Old 2011-03-16, 22:59   Link #990
TJR

There's a login check every so often so you can't remain offline forever.

As for getting locked out of your game, the gist of it is that there are two types of bans. If a Bioware employee bans you, your game is fine. However, if an EA employee bans you (an extraordinary case), you'll be locked out.

Bioware and EA moderators have used that as a threat to reduce bad behavior. However, it has never been permanently enforced (i.e. they've restored access the few times it has ever happened).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 23:12   Link #991
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, I'll make sure to keep the cracked .exe handy if the unthinkable occurs.
Old 2011-03-16, 23:23   Link #992
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
There's a login check every so often so you can't remain offline forever.
That's not exactly correct.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/6194280

Quote:
After each new install there is a 1-time online check needed the next time you play, requiring a log in to your EA account to verify game ownership. If you are a member of these forums, you already have an EA account – just use the same email/password.

You can play offline thereafter - the game will NOT require any subsequent login checks. If online, a game ownership check happens each time you play.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 23:53   Link #993
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know if it's different for the 360, but my Xbox live account just commited mutiny on me so I couldn't log into the account as long as I was plugged into the internet. I had been playing offline ever since, only occasionally use my brother's account to get dlcs.

So yeah, you can play it offline
Old 2011-03-17, 01:06   Link #994
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

DA2 Console: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console_(Dragon_Age_II)

There was a case of someone getting banned and EA "accidentally" locked his bioware account, denying him access to all his past purchases.

TBH I think forum moderation should be separated from game access.

I wonder if the bioware engineer who posted the 10/10 metacritic review is in serious trouble.

Spoiler:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 01:54   Link #995
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

All Bioware forums are filled with idiots, even the SWTOR forums are filled with endless complaining, and that game isn't even out yet. It's as if the stereotypical Call of Duty crowd migrated to RPG's or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
You do know there is a mod that removes the Fade part from the Mage tower right?
I can speed run the mage tower in less than 10 minutes

Skip the Fade
Mods are nice, but not much of a help if you're playing on the PS3.

I could use it for my PC version though... I'll see. DA2 played much better on the PC due to the action oriented controls.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-03-17 at 02:25.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 02:25   Link #996
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well in the end bound to have people ranting and raving somewhere. I suppose at least it sends a subtle message that some people weren't happy with the game . After all are bound to get Dragon Age 3 so would want them to take a positive step forward and take care of the mistakes they made this time around.

Will say it was definitely easier to like the first game while with this kind of go back and forth between the really good positives and the negatives. Still a sign that it's not a bad game.

Nice on the skip the fade mod though. Save some time .
Old 2011-03-17, 02:27   Link #997
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Just read a review and it begs the question: what is the plot of DA2?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 02:31   Link #998
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The really short, non spoilery version? You escape the blight and have to make a new life in Kirkwall. Plot kicks you in the head. Stuff happens.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 02:36   Link #999
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The really short, non spoilery version? You escape the blight and have to make a new life in Kirkwall. Plot kicks you in the head. Stuff happens.
That said, most of the story revolves around the issue between the Mages and Templars playing a game of moral-political tennis.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-17, 02:48   Link #1000
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Holy crap I've had a ridiculous number of plot flag bugs on my second playthrough, and I had none at all on the first one!

The plot flags for companion quests seem to be sensitive to a few things:

-how fast you max friendship or rivalry
-how often you use or do not use a character (this may just be a coincidence)

I had Merrill to 100 Friendship at the middle of Act II, before I completed her romance quest--I was trying to max her out so I wouldn't gain rivalry points when destroying Tahrone's "evil tomes."

And it completely screwed up her Act III personal quest (A New Path). I received the completion dialogue upon doing the usual "talk to a character at the beginning of each act" quest. I used the dev console to reset the plot flag and finished the quest properly so I could get the loot and XP.

Now she always asks to visit her old house in the Alienage every time I right-click on her outside of my house. It's like the game's stuck, since it already completed the end dialogue of A New Path.

Additionally, I've gotten none of Fenris' personal quests at all! None of the flags have been raised, and I haven't found any of his gifts or anything, so I'm missing all the loot/XP from his personal quests.

These bugs are worse than the worst bugs from Origins... *facepalm* Though the frequent crash-to-desktop and memory leak related framerate tanks in Origins weren't exactly welcome, they didn't break entire quest lines.

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360