AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 15:39   Link #481
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ I agree with you on the bad air jousting in StrikerS but there's also some good air battles like Nanoha VS. the forwards on early chapters or she and Fate VS. 20+ Gadget Drones.

In respect of the MOVIE 2nd i remember how awesome dogfights were in MOVIE 1st so in that regard i think we will see some cool maneuvers here. It's not a good idea to search for physical accuaracy in Nanoha A's, it was the most emotionally-driven of the seasons where battles are mostly determined by guts rather than skill.

Zafira VS. Arf is a good fight despite the fact they're flying and showed good deal of cool-looking stuff(like Zafira's massive kick on Arf's shoulder that sent her flying). It bring me memories of the good old times i spent watching Dragon Ball Z xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 19:04   Link #482
Sunder the Gold

I was talking about the ZvA exchange in that commercial, not the TV show.

Nah, it's Subaru and Ginga that got up to ridiculous fist-jousting, in StrikerS. At least during their training battle.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 19:31   Link #483
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Subaru and Ginga have the excuse that their hand-mounted devices are both their offense and defense though.

Granted, not much of an excuse if you start analyzing, but it's still better than someone wielding a farming tool keeping up with someone wielding a sword.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:01   Link #484
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Let's think less farming tool, and more reaping tool. Aye.
Old 2012-02-11, 22:03   Link #485
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hey, it could be used to kill after gathering wheat. XD

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:27   Link #486
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Rule of Cool makes Scythes sufficiently good enough to be kickass weapons xD

But seriously talking, they're really good for show, the curve design and swift and elegant moves that schyte wielders usually do in anime and games are usually pretty spectacular(Maka & Soul from Soul Eater are a good example).

Bardiche was really cool in MOVIE 1st save for the new voice(it's not particularly bad but i think the original one sounds cooler) and seeing her fighting Signum on a high-budget movie will be candy to my eyes xD

On the other hand, Signum, despite being a sword-wielder, is kind of a showy fighter herself. Specially when she uses Laevatein's Schlagenform and performs her snake dance with a bladed whip xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-12, 13:38   Link #487
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Still farming tool. Reaper harvests souls.

But what I meant to say was that even though we have seen sillier things, it still manages to look cool enough for the little voice in the back of my head to be shushed when flashy things happen.
Old 2012-02-12, 13:42   Link #488
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Subaru and Ginga have the excuse that their hand-mounted devices are both their offense and defense though.
Not really.

Ginga in particular, if faced with Subaru charging her down like that, should try moving more slowly so that she can manuever better and dodge around her, while using Revolver Shoot and any other ranged attacks to strike at Subaru before they get close.

Even if Subaru dodges or blocks, that distracts her from her forward charge, which gives Ginga more an opening to exploit.

Swordsman didn't fight by attacking each others' swords; they targeted their foes' bodies.

Fist-fighters don't aim for fists, they aim for faces and stomaches and joints.

But this is getting WAY off-topic, so I'll stop here.
Old 2012-02-12, 15:17   Link #489
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*rolls eyes* Yeah, like I said, not much of an excuse if you start analyzing.
Old 2012-02-12, 23:42   Link #490
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I've read an article on fistfighting (not really, more on the reality of fighting and how it will never be as cool as you hope/think/wish), and unless you're a professional fighter with gloves (May not be enough) the worst place you could hit is the face (Despite the psychological advantage). Your finger bones will probably break first before doing any substantial damage.

And, suppose that the enemy could see (Again, only professionals could hide their body languages, but most of the time not enough) where your attacks are going. In that case the best thing to do is to hit the arm that's trying to block you instead of trying to get a fist into someone's stomach/face since it is the most obvious of targets.

In a real fight I'll be using every limb possible to defeat the enemy so I don't think categorizing a close combat fighter as just using 'fists' is correct...
Old 2012-02-13, 01:55   Link #491
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Your finger bones will probably break first before doing any substantial damage.
I was assuming protection for the hands, since we were talking about Subaru. But then, she only has the one gauntlet.

Quote:
In a real fight I'll be using every limb possible to defeat the enemy so I don't think categorizing a close combat fighter as just using 'fists' is correct...
It's no less incorrect than refering to Subaru and Vivio as martial artists with the idea that this distinguishes them from warriors like Signum and Vita. Not that I'm saying you did that.

There are multiple, real-world schools of sword-based combat styles, and at least one discipline involving archery (Kyu-jutsu or Kyu-do; Zen Archery?). Those who fight completely unarmed do not have greater claim to the label of "martial artist" than expert swordsmen.

But then, calling Signum a swordswoman also doesn't accurately convey the facts that she is also a mage and an archer, among her other skills.

Language is rather limited.
Old 2012-02-13, 02:47   Link #492
Crono_Cross
Time traveler.

Quote:

Yeah..Scythes are pretty much more effective to 'Reap' people lol. hence why the Grim Reaper uses it(although i think i saw an image the other day with the grim reaper using a sword..)

Anyway, I did see the MOVIE 1st, if the MOVIE 2nd is even better, then the fights will be better. hehehe....more explosions...

Signum vs Fate again...*Eyes sparkle and starts to drool* oh..that was weird lol.
Old 2012-02-19, 18:04   Link #493
green-link94

Another short trailer this time with Shamal.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 05:22   Link #494
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Thanks for the trailer xD! There was already trialers for Vita, Zafira and Shamal hope next will be Signum's turn xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-20, 09:07   Link #495
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
These trailers really don't have much, do they? Merely repeating some of the scenes we saw in the first one.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:28   Link #496
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
These trailers really don't have much, do they? Merely repeating some of the scenes we saw in the first one.
Yea seriously. They can barely be considered actual proper trailers, more like just brief teaser clips. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 22:34   Link #497
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I don't remember Shamal using Klar Wind's strings in A's other than to make portals, it seems that they might have increased her role directly.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 22:42   Link #498
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I don't remember Shamal using Klar Wind's strings in A's other than to make portals, it seems that they might have increased her role directly.
Probably a good consequence of the abscense of the Lieze Twins. Without a Misterious Protector aiding them in battles the Wolkenritter will need to do everything by themselves.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-23, 21:01   Link #499
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
To be fair, by cutting down on characters I think they would be able to devote more of the limited screen time to the main characters, so I think it (removal of the Lieze twins) might have been a consequence of the movie format.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 03:21   Link #500
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Or the Book of Darkness would eat on the Wolkenritter (and Vita would try smashing the book before being devoured XD) and then Hayate would turn to Reinforce or something....