AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-12, 01:33   Link #21
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Spoiler:
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 02:38   Link #22
FreeJPA

Heh, I'm glad someone else picked up on my connection with Bruce Lee and Rock Lee (glances @ Hairydolphin).

There're many connections associated with Rock Lee / Bruce Lee aside from the fact he's not crippled and seeking an operation.

Bruce Lee was a great fighter in hand to hand combat. Rock Lee (aside from Neiji...and Neiji doesn't count if this was reality since he's got "chakra" hehe) is probably the #1 genin in taijutsu.

Bruce Lee always had a serious look (the eyes sparked with determination). Hrm... from what I can tell, Rock Lee looks pretty determined.

Bruce Lee has that amazing high pitched yell (which I'm proud to say I can imitate fairly well hehe). Although we haven't heard Rock do it, Gai-sensei let one loose during the Konoha vs. Sand/Sound war (Rock's basically mini-Gai IMO heh).

So yea, in agreement with Hairydolphin, I think that Kishimoto is giving a tribute to Bruce Lee... if not a tribute, characterizing him as Bruce Lee. So I'm expecting Lee here to come back and kick some serious @$$ ! :fingers:
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 05:05   Link #23
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Well, in almost all fighting anime and games, there will be a Bruce Lee look-a-like.

And i'm sure Rock Lee is the #1 genin in taijutsu!
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 11:48   Link #24
digidoom

thanks for all the help

and when i go to champs i would look under shop sports equipment aero/hydro dynamic suits
digidoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 13:11   Link #25
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Those both theories are good, you can't deny any of them.
I'd have to pick Hairy and Free's, though. Lee has been out of the picture for a while now.

It will be good to see what will happen.; )
Thyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 17:39   Link #26
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

[manga] Is Lee still faster than Sasuke after time skip?

Can Lee Now Be Albe To Open All Gates And Can He Still Be Faster In Speed And Sasuke. That Goes Aswell To Akamaru Who Had Good Be In The Exams And Neji Has Speed....who Would Your Rank These 4 Guys First To Last?
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 20:30   Link #27
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I Think Lee Is Faster Than The Flash On Roller Skates. And That Is Quite Quick, Even For The Artful-Dodger That Is Quick. So Lee!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 20:50   Link #28
ajay29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Papi View Post
Can Lee Now Be Albe To Open All Gates And Can He Still Be Faster In Speed And Sasuke. That Goes Aswell To Akamaru Who Had Good Be In The Exams And Neji Has Speed....who Would Your Rank These 4 Guys First To Last?
Akamaru? The Dog?
Was he fast.....

Anywho, i very much doubt Lee is faster than Sasugay after the time skip especially after the surgery which probs messed around with his reflexes (gaara even said so)
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 21:20   Link #29
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

We really cant drawn any conclusions we havnt seen new Lee also during Gaara Vs Lee , Lee was faster than Sauckay with CS2 Its still Lee why simply coz Lee's main combat style is a combo of Speed and Taijutsu
Old 2007-02-03, 04:53   Link #30
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

the hair causes friction, lee's eye brows will most definately slow him down
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 05:07   Link #31
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeJPA View Post
Bruce Lee always had a serious look (the eyes sparked with determination). Hrm... from what I can tell, Rock Lee looks pretty determined.
Now now, Bruce Lee didn't always look determined...he excelled at the rougish grin too.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 12:25   Link #32
Xelsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
Now now, Bruce Lee didn't always look determined...he excelled at the rougish grin too.
Don't forget the "I just punched both of you in the face at the same time, now I'm gonna say Whaaaaaa!" scream.

(BTW, haha, my desert has cacti and stuff.)
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 12:36   Link #33
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins View Post
and nowhere in naruto does anyone lift weights... unless you count lee's weights.
because if they lifted weighs it would be worse for them it would be harder for them to use their taijutsu. Most martial arts prefer you not to lift weights and if you do, it should be light weights with high reps(i know this because i have alot of friends who do martial arts and personally im getting into muay thai)

Last edited by Supaiku_of_Sand; 2007-02-03 at 13:36.
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 14:53   Link #34
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Papi View Post
I certainly hope that Lee still has the advantage of speed. I thought the reason he could handle the speed was because he was so well conditioned physically that his body could deal with the strain. Wouldn't most other characters wear out instantly with the speed Lee uses? Could be wrong, being as I don't read the manga that's the impression I got from the anime. As for Sasuke...doesn't that guy already have enough going for him? lol.
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:48   Link #35
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaiku_of_Sand View Post
because if they lifted weighs it would be worse for them it would be harder for them to use their taijutsu. Most martial arts prefer you not to lift weights and if you do, it should be light weights with high reps(i know this because i have alot of friends who do martial arts and personally im getting into muay thai)
To be honests, the weight lifting thing doesn't really matter unless you're bodybuilding at a competative level (at which point you're so bulky that normal movement can be difficult). Actually, putting on some muscle mass can be a good thing in martial arts...you're stronger for starters, but you also have the benefit of more support on your joints and your neck (which REALLY helps if you get punched in the face, you're a lot less likely to get your bell rung if your head doesn't fly around like a bobble-head doll every time you take a hit), while true that it can reduce flexibility if you let it, if you keep a streching routing (which you almost certainly will in any form of martial arts) it won't be a problem. Weightlifting also gives you a lot more power on the ground...properly performed submission and subduement works a lot better with some mass behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz017 View Post
I certainly hope that Lee still has the advantage of speed. I thought the reason he could handle the speed was because he was so well conditioned physically that his body could deal with the strain. Wouldn't most other characters wear out instantly with the speed Lee uses? Could be wrong, being as I don't read the manga that's the impression I got from the anime. As for Sasuke...doesn't that guy already have enough going for him? lol.
I think the databooks said something to that effect as well...that Sasuke hasn't been as conditioned, and therefor his moves are not nearly as efficient and he takes more strain on his body.
Old 2007-02-05, 19:57   Link #36
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
To be honests, the weight lifting thing doesn't really matter unless you're bodybuilding at a competative level (at which point you're so bulky that normal movement can be difficult). Actually, putting on some muscle mass can be a good thing in martial arts...you're stronger for starters, but you also have the benefit of more support on your joints and your neck (which REALLY helps if you get punched in the face, you're a lot less likely to get your bell rung if your head doesn't fly around like a bobble-head doll every time you take a hit), while true that it can reduce flexibility if you let it, if you keep a streching routing (which you almost certainly will in any form of martial arts) it won't be a problem. Weightlifting also gives you a lot more power on the ground...properly performed submission and subduement works a lot better with some mass behind it.
thats exactly what i mean by sating low weight at high reps it gives you more mass but nt alot of bulk. If you get to bulky with muscles it will be more difficult to do martial arts, and it will be harder to jump as high and run as fast because its holding you down inless your trying to condition yourself for running and jumping but that takes alot of time and energy.But mostly i agree with you
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 00:21   Link #37
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaiku_of_Sand View Post
thats exactly what i mean by sating low weight at high reps it gives you more mass but nt alot of bulk. If you get to bulky with muscles it will be more difficult to do martial arts, and it will be harder to jump as high and run as fast because its holding you down inless your trying to condition yourself for running and jumping but that takes alot of time and energy.But mostly i agree with you
I didn't say anything about low weight high reps. Even with powerlifting my statements stand...the most effective (I would say best, but he had control issues) martial artist I've ever personally worked with was almost comically musclebound, but he was still insanely fast for his size and even if you only got knicked by him it still could injure you if you and he weren't careful...and there was nobody who could beat him on the ground. Punching or kicking him was like hitting a brick wall with a layer of leather over it.

Jumping and running (at least in real martial arts) aren't as important...and really aren't that much of an issue anyway seeing as how stronger leg muscles=higher jumping/faster running. True the extra weight does slow/weigh you down...but not enough to offset the effect of having stronger leg muscles. The only kinda of bulk that would REALLY cause problems is professional weightlifting bulk...but if you have the time to turn your body into that, you're not studying martial arts because you're spending all your time training in weightlifting.

Plus, lifting high weight at low reps can give you more explosive muscle power, which is very good for martial arts.