AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-25, 18:17   Link #14001
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

She's not going to say it to Gino. It's too personal a word when there's nothing between them.
Old 2008-09-25, 18:18   Link #14002
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
sounds to me that Kallen's gum line is going to be said to Gino when Suzaku is going to land a killing blow to Kallen but Gino steps in and takes the hit.

so i bet some possible romance was there that wasnt shown if it is played out like that.
Possible. Though I would consider her jumping to conclusions (Aishiteru is such a freakin' word) is rather offensive to Gino.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:19   Link #14003
Baixinho

Quote:
sounds to me that Kallen's gum line is going to be said to Gino when Suzaku is going to land a killing blow to Kallen but Gino steps in and takes the hit.

so i bet some possible romance was there that wasnt shown if it is played out like that.
If she uses aishiteru for Gino's feelings, I will laugh really hard at that show

Not that I'm very far away from laughing right now though
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:25   Link #14004
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She's not going to say it to Gino. It's too personal a word when there's nothing between them.
But couldn't she use it on purpose, to point how how crazy that would be? It's "something like "aishiteru"", after all. I don"t know, like, "what the heck did you do that for? And don't give me no stupid ass reason!"

...just speculating xD
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:25   Link #14005
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

Oh God, if a scenario like this plays out, i'm gonna stab my eyes out. Srsly.

But there is not enough interaction between GinoxKallen for the word "aishiteru" to be used, so yeah. Like 0000,1 % probability.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:27   Link #14006
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Other scenarios to use the gumline:

1) towards one's nation.

2) turning down some jerks, but only if the term is already brought up
Example:
Gino: Kallen, Aishite...(I lo-)
Kallen: *gumline*

Lelouch: Kallen, admit it, you love me, nyah nyah.
Kallen: What?
Lelouch: Say "Aishiteru Lelouch"
Kallen: *gumline*+7 COMBO punch
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:37   Link #14007
Lunara
Pure Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

But there is not enough interaction between GinoxKallen for the word "aishiteru" to be used, so yeah. Like 0000,1 % probability.
I agree. Obviously Kallen can't get over Lelouch that easily, right now her feelings are being put aside but there still there. And if the gumline is dircted toward Gino then I will also join you in eye stabbing. So I'm about 99.99% sure that the gumline will be directed towards Lelouch. The 00.01% is coming from the unexpected twists and turns.
Lunara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:46   Link #14008
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

1) When did Gino have time to fall in love with Kallen and recognize his feelings? During the war? When his ideals where being questioned and he was facing the biggest descions in his life?

2) Kallen realizes Gino's in love with her and questions him about it?

That = http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Asspull
Old 2008-09-25, 18:49   Link #14009
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
1) When did Gino have time to fall in love with Kallen and recognize his feelings? During the war? When his ideals where being questioned and he was facing the biggest descions in his life?

2) Kallen realizes Gino's in love with her and questions him about it?

That = http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Asspull
Haha, that would explain it. XD
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 19:30   Link #14010
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

yvj's post covered any response I could have made rather well. If she says it to Gino or in any way referencing a specific country, it would be quite the asspull.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:42   Link #14011
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

I can grant that maybe if there were a time jump of a couple years at the end of the series to give Kallen time to get over Lelouch AND Lelouch had chosen C.C. and gone to where Kallen could not reach him that she might eventually love Gino (it would be a major facepalm to stick at the end of the series, but at least I could buy it). But for Gino/Kallen to fall in love in the next episode. Just don't see it happening.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:46   Link #14012
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Possible. Though I would consider her jumping to conclusions (Aishiteru is such a freakin' word) is rather offensive to Gino.
I still don't really understand in which context the word "aishiteru" can be used... so sorry if my question seems stupid.

IIRC what some people said, it's used between married people or at least official couple (Am I wrong?)

But lelouch is still not her boyfriend so, if she says that to him, is it not also offensive towards lelouch?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 21:10   Link #14013
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I still don't really understand in which context the word "aishiteru" can be used... so sorry if my question seems stupid.

IIRC what some people said, it's used between married people or at least official couple (Am I wrong?)

But lelouch is still not her boyfriend so, if she says that to him, is it not also offensive towards lelouch?
No, even couple uses "suki". Aishiteru is when you really love and care about someone
And I just don't see Kallen and Gino hook up. For one he only has Suzaku in his eyes, and another it's just something that anti Kalulu's made up to fight the holy empire!
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 21:21   Link #14014
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

You guys are not going to be satisfied unless she and lelouch have sex inside Damocles...

sigh. At best all you can hope for is some resolution to her issues, but at this point that's even highly unlikely. I don't know if the writers have butchered her character for the sake of having an Albion vs Seiten fight at the end but Kallen's gone from a likable character to just a rage driven killing machine. From my point of view the whole time she spent getting to know Lelouch via Nunnaly could've been used to develop more on her dead brother, and what his motivations for being a terrorist were, how he died, etc. I mean, that only makes sense if you're gonna have Kallen act this stupid and just blindly charge at Lelouch at any chance she gets. They might as well not have shown that "development" if we can call it that. Instead they should've focused on some background development like they did with Charles and V.V. Hell, even a scene of Naoto getting executed on TV by Clovis or something like would have sufficed.
Old 2008-09-25, 21:37   Link #14015
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
You guys are not going to be satisfied unless she and lelouch have sex inside Damocles...

sigh. At best all you can hope for is some resolution to her issues, but at this point that's even highly unlikely. I don't know if the writers have butchered her character for the sake of having an Albion vs Seiten fight at the end but Kallen's gone from a likable character to just a rage driven killing machine. From my point of view the whole time she spent getting to know Lelouch via Nunnaly could've been used to develop more on her dead brother, and what his motivations for being a terrorist were, how he died, etc. I mean, that only makes sense if you're gonna have Kallen act this stupid and just blindly charge at Lelouch at any chance she gets. They might as well not have shown that "development" if we can call it that. Instead they should've focused on some background development like they did with Charles and V.V. Hell, even a scene of Naoto getting executed on TV by Clovis or something like would have sufficed.
It is precisely that they have focused most of her character development this season on her relationship with Lelouch that it is likely that we will see a resolution of her issues in the final episode. Otherwise, yes, it makes no sense that they wouldn't have developed other aspects of her character such as her relationship with her brother/father. The only reason her brother was even brought up in her talks with Nunnally was for her to make another connection to Lelouch.

She got very close to getting to know the real Lelouch before he told her that she was nothing but his pawn from the day he met her. He told her to 'live on' after that, expecting to die, but was then rescued (but Kallen couldn't have known that wasn't planned). He returns a month later as Emperor, and again distances himself from Kallen, this time probably intending to make her hate him forever so it would be easier for her to move on. However, it has been confirmed by the director that she loves him when she kisses him. The fact that she's trying to kill him shows that she believes that the Lelouch she loved never existed; the tears show that she still can't shake off her feelings, but can't afford to hesitate. Kallen's feelings are coming to a head at the series climax, so they will factor into it somehow.

We'll just have to wait and see (and see in what context the gum line is used).
Old 2008-09-25, 21:39   Link #14016
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
word? Gino is the player and funny go looking type of guy. he probably was flirting with Kallen. Kallen will probably ask why and then give her gum line since there was no real good reason for him to take the hit.

Gino is there and i dont believe he just wasnt allow to be there for no reason. he is going to do something.

besides, she already kissed lelouch, actions speaks louder than words and right now her goal is just like anybody else and that is to stop Lelouch. i dont believe that she has a valid reason for her to meet with him again for something important.
Old 2008-09-25, 21:47   Link #14017
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
word? Gino is the player and funny go looking type of guy. he probably was flirting with Kallen. Kallen will probably ask why and then give her gum line since there was no real good reason for him to take the hit.

Gino is there and i dont believe he just wasnt allow to be there for no reason. he is going to do something.

besides, she already kissed lelouch, actions speaks louder than words and right now her goal is just like anybody else and that is to stop him. i dont believe that she has a valid reason for her to meet with him again for something important.
Gino was there to help Kallen get in.

You know what I don't believe. That they would allow Kallen to NEVER understand Lelouch when that was her goal through the whole season.

Gino is not going to suddenly be a player when his Tristan is smacked up and his best friend has from his perception joined the dark side.

Gino has more important things to think about. Kallen either for love or for taking his life has only been thinking about Lelouch even after the kiss.

And its ridiculous to think that Gino would save Kallen from Suzaku somehow and she would just start chatting to him about "why do you love me?"

Why would she care what Gino thinks? When she wants answers from Lelouch
Old 2008-09-25, 21:48   Link #14018
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
"Aishiteru" is too strong a word for Kallen to say to Gino, whom she barely knows at all.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 21:49   Link #14019
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'll just say this: If there is a Kallen X Gino pairing at the end of this, I just might have to kill myself. I personally would rather see her single than with some mediocre secondary character.
Old 2008-09-25, 21:49   Link #14020
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:

besides, she already kissed lelouch, actions speaks louder than words and right now her goal is just like anybody else and that is to stop him. i dont believe that she has a valid reason for her to meet with him again for something important.
yes, word, and the word used is not flirting. He'd say "suki" if anything. Kallen would never jump to that conclusion, especially about someone she has zero interest in. Gino has served his purpose by getting Kallen inside the shield. He's not going to interfere in the battle when he only has half a Knightmare left. Pairing her with Gino is just a way to her away from Lelouch.

Kallen's goal may be to stop him, but that doesn't mean everything about them has been resolved. Lelouch has yet to answer her questions, so that still needs to be resolved.