Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-22, 08:46   Link #181
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah you can switch, I originally did have the Japanese audio on but I like being able to understand the combat taunts which aren't subtitled. I also rather like the quirkiness of Neptune's English voice acting and I don't think I'd get the same feeling from the Japanese because I won't pick up on all the nuances of it.
ALL the combat taunts are actually animanga culture references. The devs purposely made it so.

Quote:
I'll take your word for it on the character types. I was actually using Black Heart and Noire interchangeably because I didn't realize they had different personalities (maybe a product of the bad voice acting or just not far enough in the game?). I figured Noire was probably the most popular character just from looking at her and seeing her lines.
She is cute, tsundere and badass all rolled into one. Once you get to the cutscenes where she flashed her dere-dere side, your mind will explode.

Of course, there is this running joke amongst the 2ch-ers that she looks like Azu-nyan.....minus the boobs. Everything else, including looks, personality, character, etc, are the same.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 09:39   Link #182
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
ALL the combat taunts are actually animanga culture references. The devs purposely made it so.
Really? I wonder if that's mainly a Japanese version thing too. There are some obvious ones like Neptune trying to put in the Contra code when activating Neptune Break but most of them don't sound like particular references to anything ("I have friends to protect," "Our party rules!", etc. I guess that first one could technically be a reference but it's said in so many different anime and games it'd be hard to call it a specific one. Or maybe that's the point ). Or maybe I'm just out of the loop and missing the refernces, haha.

Quote:
She is cute, tsundere and badass all rolled into one. Once you get to the cutscenes where she flashed her dere-dere side, your mind will explode.

Of course, there is this running joke amongst the 2ch-ers that she looks like Azu-nyan.....minus the boobs. Everything else, including looks, personality, character, etc, are the same.
Possibly. The whole tsundere thing usually doesn't really do it for me but she's cuter than most and doesn't seem to be the screaming "baka inu" type that I really hate. The boobs probably help too. Her design in both human and cpu forms is also my favorite by far. Now that you mention it she does bear a pretty striking resemblance to Azu-nyan.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 11:53   Link #183
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Possibly. The whole tsundere thing usually doesn't really do it for me but she's cuter than most and doesn't seem to be the screaming "baka inu" type that I really hate. The boobs probably help too. Her design in both human and cpu forms is also my favorite by far. Now that you mention it she does bear a pretty striking resemblance to Azu-nyan.
I made a post about this a few pages back when their schoolgirl wallpapers got released :

Quote:
And for some INEXPLICABLE reason, Noire looks EXACTLY like one of my waifus in THAT PARTICULAR wallpaper......

Tsundere? Check.
Twintails? Check.
Red eyes? Check.
Red Collar Ribbon? Check.
Black School Jacket? Check.
Short Grey Skirt? Check.
Black Socks With Zettai Ryouiki? Check.
Consistent Victim Of An Airhead? Check.
Boobs? Let me feel for both of thei- *gets ventilated by Noire's flintlock*
She isn't the only one. Blanc is supposedly a white Vita (Nanoha), and If is supposedly a kuudere version of Taki Eri (the coke addict volleyballer from K-ON).

And I compiled a list of seiyuu jokes I have seen :

Spoiler for TONS OF SPOILER:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-22, 12:41   Link #184
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I guess I can see Blanc as Vita though her hair is pretty different. No idea on the second example though because I fail and have not gotten very far in the second season of K-On yet.

In regards to the list of Seiyuu jokes, the fact that none of those are going to be relevant in the English version is one of the many reasons I'm so surprised this game actually got an English release. I think a lot of companies would think too much would be lost in translation and not even bother. I guess NIS either thought differently or just assumed the otaku community would pick up on them regardless of what the English script or cast actually is. Either way I'm glad; my first thought upon seeing the original post almost a year ago was "Damn, I love these character designs, too bad I will never play this game" - glad that turned out to not be the case. Wish I'd ordered it from NIS's online store though, I want that deck of cards and didn't realize it existed until it was too late.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2011-02-22 at 12:56.
Old 2011-02-22, 19:15   Link #185
Silverwyrm

Hey, how has this game turned out for you guys? I decided to put my 70 into importing PSPo2i since I would get many more hours for my limited wallet but this is real close on my watch still.

Is the combat fun or does it boil into hitting the exact same sequence every fight like xedge and TU?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 19:41   Link #186
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I don't know if I'm playing "correctly" or if anything changes later on but I've managed to get to lv 30 basically hitting the same sequence for every fight like you mentioned. I enjoy the game for the characters and jokes a lot more than the gameplay.
Old 2011-02-22, 22:07   Link #187
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

The battles are too easy even on hard, you really play the game for the jokes and story.
Old 2011-02-22, 22:28   Link #188
daiphongdao
Fairy follower

Send a message via Yahoo to daiphongdao
It's a NIS game, NIS games are easy
Old 2011-02-23, 01:47   Link #189
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiphongdao View Post
It's a NIS game, NIS games are easy
NIS didn't make this game, Compile Heart did.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 07:33   Link #190
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Still waiting on the game to be released here on March 4th.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2011-02-23 at 07:45.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 07:48   Link #191
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

On the topic of the GG7 & GG10 / Zach Unfair = FFVII & FFX / Zack Fair reference:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-14, 12:05   Link #192
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Finally someone uploaded the TL-ed version of Vert's scenes.

Spoiler for Take note of the first part:

Spoiler for spoiler:

AND CHAPTER 5 IS OUT!

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-03-14 at 13:34. Reason: Dropped Noire's Part Into The K-ON Generic Discussion Thread - Should Be More Appropriate.
Old 2011-03-14, 14:46   Link #193
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I'm laughing pretty hard at some of the reviews this game is getting. One in particular goes on and on about how "boring and cliche-ridden" the story that obviously takes itself very seriously is. It's hilarious when people try to act intelligent while missing the point entirely.

I need to go back through the game again soon to get the platinum, and to actually get Green and White Heart because I missed them (would be nice if the share system was actually explained anywhere in the game or manual, lol).
Old 2011-03-14, 16:12   Link #194
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Finally someone uploaded the TL-ed version of Vert's scenes.

Spoiler for Take note of the first part:

Spoiler for spoiler:

AND CHAPTER 5 IS OUT!
Commander Shepard, run! She is into manly space marines humping each other! If you want to have a chance at a romantic route, you will need to take one for the team!
Old 2011-03-14, 16:26   Link #195
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I'm laughing pretty hard at some of the reviews this game is getting. One in particular goes on and on about how "boring and cliche-ridden" the story that obviously takes itself very seriously is. It's hilarious when people try to act intelligent while missing the point entirely.

I need to go back through the game again soon to get the platinum, and to actually get Green and White Heart because I missed them (would be nice if the share system was actually explained anywhere in the game or manual, lol).
This is a Japanese game with huge amounts of references to otaku culture. It is a large miscommunication because they got a non-otaku gamer to review an otaku game, so normal game reviewers wouldn't know much about it.

Not even Greenheart calling Whiteheart -pettanko- at the start of the game.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Spoiler for Noire Spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Commander Shepard, run! She is into manly space marines humping each other! If you want to have a chance at a romantic route, you will need to take one for the team!
The most humourous part is that she wants to keep these kind of stuff from Iffy (Ai-Chan in Japanese, or If). I wonder if she is actually bi......

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-03-14 at 16:37.
Old 2011-03-14, 16:34   Link #196
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
This is a Japanese game with huge amounts of references to otaku culture. It is a large miscommunication because they got a non-otaku gamer to review an otaku game, so normal game reviewers wouldn't know much about it.

Well I was actually referring to a fan review there but yeah, there's no way an official reviewer would "get" it. Even so though, it's pretty pathetic to apply serious standards to a story that starts with the main character asking where these text boxes are coming from and telling enemies their experience points probably suck. I don't think one would need to be an otaku to recognize those as humor, haha.
Old 2011-03-14, 16:45   Link #197
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:

Spoiler for spoilers:

Spoiler for Noire Spoilers:

The most humourous part is that she wants to keep these kind of stuff from Iffy (Ai-Chan in Japanese, or If). I wonder if she is actually bi......
Well the fact Vert is a fujoshi is just unsettling for Shepard, I mean Hawke will be able to accept that Vert may enjoy him being into other men but Shepard will not be gay for the sake of a relationship with Vert

Spoiler for Otakuism of the 3 goddesses:
Old 2011-03-14, 16:53   Link #198
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This is completely gold. Heck it is platinum.

Spoiler for spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for Otakuism of the 3 goddesses:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-03-14 at 17:04.
Old 2011-03-15, 12:03   Link #199
SidVicious
Anime addict

Hyperdimension Neptunia is just awesome.

I love all the references.
Old 2011-03-15, 22:06   Link #200
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Can you buy it in the niche corner of any shop or is it just online?

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg