AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 04:22   Link #81
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Cliffhangers...WWWHHHYYY!!!!

Spoiler for Autumn - 22:
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 20:27   Link #82
yuzen003

It was hinted that he had family issues but after chapter 23, it seems clear that those issues revolve around his dad. His father seems to be a really antagonistic person, it must be hard to have any self esteem dealing with a parent like that.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 22:33   Link #83
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

His dad is HUGE. Compared to hachiken anyway.

And I suspect it's not that his dad is antagonistic but he's more of a strict asian parent stereotype

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 01:12   Link #84
yuzen003

But his parenting caused one son to drop out of school and become a temporary laborer who can't keep a job and the other to feel compelled to go to a boarding school just to escape the pressure. He doesn't seem to be learning that his child rearing style is causing his kids to crack.
Old 2012-09-28, 01:18   Link #85
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hachiken pressured himself until he cracks. His father said it himself that the only reason he put Hachiken in good school is just because Hachiken seems to enjoy studying, and I don't think it's wrong for a parent to expecting his son to be the best in something that said son likes to do. I guess the only mistake of his dad is he's too stern in appearance and lack of good father-son communication skill.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 02:10   Link #86
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

His first child basically did everything right, got into the right schools and everything and then CHOSE to drop out himself. Basically nothing the dad can do about that, especially since he seems old enough to be legally considered an adult. It's not even like he needed to become a temp laborer since I think he was studying quite well to become a doctor? Just that he's like those kind of people who decide to run away and join the circus.

Hachiken did face a lot of additional pressure cause of how successful his brother was though

Old 2012-09-28, 02:47   Link #87
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hachiken cracking was partly his own fault to be honest. Although he doesn't look like it, Hachiken is too perfectionist and super-competitive, which leads him to add additional pressure to himself.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 09:25   Link #88
yuzen003

Shingo explicitly told their dad he dropped out of Tokyo U to make him mad and he only went there because he was pressured to make their dad look good.

Yugo probably has issues from an overbearing father and genius older brother. Growing up he was always going to be comparing himself to someone better in his brother and his dad doesn't seem to be a pillar of support (he seems more likely to demean him for his failures then to give him a helping hand). It is true he's too perfectionist and super-competitive, but at Yezo Yugo he is making strides towards correcting those problems (he had to accept there were people who were better then him in every subject even though he had the best overall test score) and has been expanding his limits (he is physically stronger, finds studying easier, finds new skills/interests he possesses, etc).

From what I understand high school in Japan is like college in the USA and is where you need to decide what your career path is going to be. Yugo is growing as a person and figuring out what he wants to do in life while his dad wants to shove him into the pigeon hole of going to the a good school and justifying it as that is what Yugo was like as a little kid. Shingo was pushed into going to all the right schools when he never found any fulfillment in doing so and he never had the chance to expand his horizons. That's probably why he is so dead set on becoming a ramen chef, he finds fulfillment in that dream even though he has absolutely no aptitude for it and was already pretty much fired from that job.

With the milk incident Yugo started to experience that people will still value him even when he makes a huge mistake, something he was unlikely to learn at home.

Last edited by yuzen003; 2012-09-28 at 09:36.
Old 2012-11-18, 11:34   Link #89
Miles Teg

It's official, Silver Spoon will be released in France starting the 02/14/2013 and the publisher is Kurokawa.

The French title is "Silver Spoon ~ La cuillière d'argent ~"
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 01:28   Link #90
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Man, an almost-confession. And from the girl no less.

Old 2013-03-20, 09:56   Link #91
mit7059

Chapter 69 available! Lots of progress for Aki and possibly the best panel of the manga, or maybe even the best I've seen in a long time
Spoiler for Frame from ch.69:

Bwahahhahahhaha
Awesome.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 11:39   Link #92
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Huahuahuahuahua

Love this new chapter! Can't wait to see it animated!
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 13:00   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That chapter really was a lot of fun .
Spoiler for Chapter 69:
Old 2013-03-29, 05:17   Link #94
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Chapter 70 is out.

You know, I think Hachiken could be a great teacher.
Old 2013-03-31, 08:02   Link #95
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Chapter 70 is out.

You know, I think Hachiken could be a great teacher.
That's a pretty good observation actually; could be a pretty feasible ending for the series.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 16:58   Link #96
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Hachiken didn't even give two thoughts to the idea of being a teacher yet. Still what would he teach?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 16:09   Link #97
amasposu

I spent the last two days reading the manga. I finally caught up. Watching the anime really motivated me to read the manga. :D
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 06:50   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wow, Tamako's brother is such a great senpai.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 11:25   Link #99
Krono

The thread is here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104473
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 12:10   Link #100
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

This is a wonderful story which deserves much more notice. It has two separate forums, neither of which receive any appreciable traffic. Why?

One uses the Japanese name "Gin no Saji" which I have never seen used anyplace else. The other is misspelled "Silvver Spoon" which makes it hard even to search for.

MODS: Can these situation be fixed? The anime forum uses both names "Gin no Saji/Silver Spoon". Can these forums perhaps be merged or at least "Silver Spoon" added to the names?
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen