Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-24, 04:04   Link #1061
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
"Friend, let us ally against the Anti-Futami-san League!"
Anti-Futami allies, let us sabotage further experiments!
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 06:34   Link #1062
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
True, but I sometimes eat chips with mayo.

Does that mean my taste is strange?
Well up north in England they eat chips with gravy so to me thats quite weird, and also my brother eats chips with marmalade, which is very weird .
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 06:50   Link #1063
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Well up north in England they eat chips with gravy so to me thats quite weird, and also my brother eats chips with marmalade, which is very weird .
well, it is damn food, considering some people lick and swallow some body fluids during sex, eating somefood shouldn't shock you. heck japanese eat raw fish and people eat almost raw meat. Eating mayo and chips even with honey didn't bother me at all.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:23   Link #1064
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I'm not disappointed about this series not getting a separate forum...it's probably not that popular because fewer people picked in up in the first place - seen as the drawing style is not of your usual moe series, like M;Y for example. Well this can be a gem for this season and sometimes I prefer the closeness of having just one thread :3
I actually agree with you. Seems like when i series gets its own forum thats when a lot of flamming starts. The discussions here in Kimikiss have been very good from the start. Although i wouldnt mind having a picture sub forum.
Old 2007-12-24, 08:40   Link #1065
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I actually agree with you. Seems like when i series gets its own forum thats when a lot of flamming starts. The discussions here in Kimikiss have been very good from the start. Although i wouldnt mind having a picture sub forum.
Flamming is actually a proven method to increase post numbers. If not overdone, it's fun a lot of times.

Anyway i think it's good to have one thread. For one, you don't need to observe so many so-called rules by posting one thing in a thread and something else in another. But a way to sort the pictures out is good, the forum software should support tagging so we can easily search for what we want.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:45   Link #1066
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Flamming is actually a proven method to increase post numbers. If not overdone, it's fun a lot of times.

Anyway i think it's good to have one thread. For one, you don't need to observe so many so-called rules by posting one thing in a thread and something else in another. But a way to sort the pictures out is good, the forum software should support tagging so we can easily search for what we want.
I agree like I said iv had an enjoyable expereince in here not like some other threads that are just plain annoying at this point ( *Cough*Gundam00) I have found a decent amont of pics maybe ill just load up right here some people can use them for whatever they fancy
Old 2007-12-24, 10:30   Link #1067
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I like how things are unfolding for Eriko. If Asuka ended with Kazuki, however, I wouldn't mind, because that would help Eriko mature more.

I'm still with Mao and Kouichi all the way. I don't want Yuumi to get her way without doing anything, that would suck.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 10:36   Link #1068
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I'm still with Mao and Kouichi all the way. I don't want Yuumi to get her way without doing anything, that would suck.
The more the producers drop us hints of Maoxkouichi the more I am readying myself for a MaoxKai ending. IT is too easy and when it is easy it doesn't happen. Now if the hints were like With ASa from shuffle who came from no where and always was in the friend zone (with the exeption of the bathroom incident she never was a contender) then I could think about it.

going a little offtopic here, all the girls after the boy in shuffle were pseudo Childhood friends with the exeption of Asa who he met in highschool! Mao has a big obstacle on her way, the childhood friend handicap!
Old 2007-12-24, 10:50   Link #1069
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Childhood friends with the exeption of Asa who he met in highschool! Mao has a big obstacle on her way, the childhood friend handicap!
Why do you consider the Childhood friend part an obstacle? I would think it would be more advantageous to her positon given how most romantic animes tend to lead towards childhood friends developing feelings later in life.

I do agree that the Asa event was an exception but i was a fan of her before she was a contender. My prediction is that it will hint at a MaoxKouichi paring for a while causing some drama to ensue, which causes Mao to run towards Kai and deny any such feelings for Kouichi till something else happens that finally forces her to make a choice between the two.

At this point both Kai and Kouichi have a pretty good chance with Mao. The key to watch for over the next 2 or 3 episode is what happens with Yuumi.
Old 2007-12-24, 11:12   Link #1070
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
IT is too easy and when it is easy it doesn't happen.
Not the truth imo. Sometimes it also depends on how lazy the writers are feeling

I say that given the current situations, it is not easy for mao to express her feelings towards kouichi because of her current relationship with him. He has always been her little brother and she has been the older sister. In cases like these it is actually harder to say "I love you" to each other than if it was a stranger. Because the defult feeling is still there neither sides will feel that much to push for a further relationship, fearing that the other person doesn't feel the same. eg while mao is developing feelings for kouichi she is restricted because 1) yumi is his girlfriend 2) she doesn't want to alienate him if he doesn't feel the same. It is hard to take back an event that has happened and a confession like this would just lead to awkwardness afterwards.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 12:04   Link #1071
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Why do you consider the Childhood friend part an obstacle? I would think it would be more advantageous to her positon given how most romantic animes tend to lead towards childhood friends developing feelings later in life.
Because the times a childhoodfriend end with the boy or girl is very rare. You can count the time it has happened on both hands. This is of course when there is more than one person aiming for the childhood friend. When both are childhood friends it is most of the time left open ended. If there is only a childhoood friend and another girl the chances of the childhoodfriend are very small.

check this website for some info about childhoodfriends!
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...hildhoodFriend
Old 2007-12-24, 13:02   Link #1072
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Well's heres my 2 cents on how I think this will happen with the Kouichi x Mao thing

Spoiler for My Speculation:
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 13:11   Link #1073
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox79 View Post
Well's heres my 2 cents on how I think this will happen with the Kouichi x Mao thing

Long distance relationships are impossible in anime!
besides kouichi doesn't know how he feels about yuumi yet, he kind of was forced into the relationship by Moa. guess who is now regreting it! Of course like I have said this is just the producers feeding us all this.
Old 2007-12-24, 13:50   Link #1074
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Because the times a childhoodfriend end with the boy or girl is very rare. You can count the time it has happened on both hands. This is of course when there is more than one person aiming for the childhood friend. When both are childhood friends it is most of the time left open ended. If there is only a childhoood friend and another girl the chances of the childhoodfriend are very small.

check this website for some info about childhoodfriends!
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...hildhoodFriend
That's just you. Childhoods friends have a considerably high success rate, actually

The only archetype that has reasonable success against childhood friends are childhood promise archetypes or out-of-the world girl archetypes

None of which apply to Yuumi. She is the token nice girl. (may or may not evolve into yandere)

And a lot of times, childhood friends double as childhood promise archetypes. Come to think of it, didn't the beginning of the first episode air something?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 14:06   Link #1075
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
That's just you. Childhoods friends have a considerably high success rate, actually

The only archetype that has reasonable success against childhood friends are childhood promise archetypes or out-of-the world girl archetypes

None of which apply to Yuumi. She is the token nice girl. (may or may not evolve into yandere)

And a lot of times, childhood friends double as childhood promise archetypes. Come to think of it, didn't the beginning of the first episode air something?
hmmm, care to mention a few? the rate of choosing someone else instead of the childhood friend is very high. I remind you again that this only apply when there is an opponent that is not a childhood friend. Shows like Myself:yourself don't apply because everyone is a childhood friend with the exeption 2 girls. there is a some shows where the childhood friend win, but they are very rare. one of the worst case of the childhoodfriend being shafted was Canvas2.

somecases i can mention myself where the childhood friend won against many opponents.
Gatekeepers(they didn't stay together after highschool)

Last exile(some people said that Claus and Lavie ended together including the trope website but there is not proof that they were more than friends)

Aoi yori aoshi(they also were promised to marry)

All these are very old show, I can't remember the last show were childhood friends ended together within the last year that had another girl also aiming for the boy.

shows this season where the childhoodfriend lost.

E-F memories
Decapo II( though it is not over but Koko is out)

Possibly open ended

Rental magical
Night wizards
Old 2007-12-24, 16:26   Link #1076
Shadowfox79

Quote:
Long distance relationships are impossible in anime!
besides kouichi doesn't know how he feels about yuumi yet, he kind of was forced into the relationship by Moa. guess who is now regreting it! Of course like I have said this is just the producers feeding us all this.
Ya i know who you're talking about. And I wouldn't go as far as saying "IMPOSSIBLE" for anime, as Card Captor Sakura is one great example at the end of the series, along with the above example with Ichigo 100%, so i wouldn't be so ready to throw out long distance relationships. If anything, they are hard to pull off, but they can still work out. And I would stress out the "kind of" part in the "kind of was forced into the relationship" as he already was at least infatuated or interested in Yumi in the first place, ever since they were freshman. All Mao did was give Kouichi a push in that direction and gave him a few opportunities because Kouichi was indecisive how to approach her. Thanks to Mao, he's now more confident in himself with Yumi. And also really, I dont think we have to question how both Yumi and Kouichi feel about each other, its pretty much apparant by everyone else in series. He's not being strangled with feelings for Mao and Yumi, its mainly Yumi at the moment. He might be after Mao confesses, but we'll see how that turns out.

Also just wondering what ever happend to Megumi (twin ponytailed tsundere)? I know in the game, she's one of the major girls to get together with, so I would have thought that she'd probably join the the group, and maybe get some character development from being the strict class president tsundere she is to a girl that Eriko is starting to become. Oh well...
Old 2007-12-24, 17:13   Link #1077
golthin

Quote:
Ya i know who you're talking about. And I wouldn't go as far as saying "IMPOSSIBLE" for anime, as Card Captor Sakura is one great example at the end of the series, along with the above example with Ichigo 100%, so i wouldn't be so ready to throw out long distance relationships. If anything, they are hard to pull off, but they can still work out. And I would stress out the "kind of" part in the "kind of was forced into the relationship" as he already was at least infatuated or interested in Yumi in the first place, ever since they were freshman. All Mao did was give Kouichi a push in that direction and gave him a few opportunities because Kouichi was indecisive how to approach her. Thanks to Mao, he's now more confident in himself with Yumi. And also really, I dont think we have to question how both Yumi and Kouichi feel about each other, its pretty much apparant by everyone else in series. He's not being strangled with feelings for Mao and Yumi, its mainly Yumi at the moment. He might be after Mao confesses, but we'll see how that turns out.

Also just wondering what ever happend to Megumi (twin ponytailed tsundere)? I know in the game, she's one of the major girls to get together with, so I would have thought that she'd probably join the the group, and maybe get some character development from being the strict class president tsundere she is to a girl that Eriko is starting to become. Oh well...
oh i don't argue that there is big chance that it will be KouichixYuumi at the end, the maoxkouichi has a bigger obstacle that the long distance relationship between Yuumi and kouichi. Remember that i said in anime because long distance relations work in real life. I am more inclined to believe that Mao will end with Kai. this show is a pain because it is so hard to predict.

My bet is
Kouichixyuumi
MaoxKai

My preferance is
KouichiXMao

I doubt i will get what I want. the producers are dropping to many hints of something between Mao and kouichi, but Mao and kouichi have the childhood friends handicap!

I get a thrill when the producers keep droping all those hints for a maoxkouichi pairing, it gives me hope even though I know it is just a damn trick to keep me interested in the show!
Old 2007-12-24, 17:30   Link #1078
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:

Spoiler for My Opinion Of This:
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 18:52   Link #1079
Shadowfox79

Quote:
oh i don't argue that there is big chance that it will be KouichixYuumi at the end, the maoxkouichi has a bigger obstacle that the long distance relationship between Yuumi and kouichi. Remember that i said in anime because long distance relations work in real life. I am more inclined to believe that Mao will end with Kai. this show is a pain because it is so hard to predict.

My bet is
Kouichixyuumi
MaoxKai

My preferance is
KouichiXMao

I doubt i will get what I want. the producers are dropping to many hints of something between Mao and kouichi, but Mao and kouichi have the childhood friends handicap!

I get a thrill when the producers keep droping all those hints for a maoxkouichi pairing, it gives me hope even though I know it is just a damn trick to keep me interested in the show!
Ya thats the problem with this show, it is kinda hard to predict, well at least with the Kouichi's and Kazuki's love issues, lol
Old 2007-12-24, 18:57   Link #1080
jzmagic
flargansbog

It seems like MaoxKai is set in stone. It's waaay to early in the season for the sudden realization that Mao has feelings for Kouiichi, which makes it obvious MaoxKai will hold in the end
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen