AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-19, 20:49   Link #1061
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In going through Okawari again, I've noticed (so far at episode nine) that Fuyuki really isn't prominate in most of the episodes. He's main focus episode so far is number 6, where he's honestly making me hate him. But other than that he's mainly in quick scenes are only a setup for an episode (the trash pickup one is his setup, but really the focus is on the Minamis and company going around...and Hosaka crushing both aluminium and steel cans). I'm going on ten now, but I seem to recall him only getting one more real treatment (when he leaves), other than that he's just basically there with these insane women (and a few men) around him. So for the most part he really only takes time away from other characters for one, maybe two episodes out of 13. Everyone got screentime (aside from the Minami Brothers), but the majority of the time seems to be spent around Chiaki's circle of friends. There is a lot of Uchida in this season. A lot of Mako-chan. But also a lot of just the sisters together...well mostly just Kana and Chiaki.
Old 2009-02-19, 21:40   Link #1062
reverse

that right I'm a troll, sure because I not watch the all Okawari that make me one

other show I give 4 or 5 episode before I decided to drop it
but because of minami-ke I watch 8 episode that season
and not one that I like (the further I watch the more I hated minami-ke so it time to drop it)

most character that show up in okawari just an advertisement

Okaeri is better than okawari in my book
it had it funny moment
character had a fair screen time
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 22:20   Link #1063
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post
that right I'm a troll, sure because I not watch the all Okawari that make me one

other show I give 4 or 5 episode before I decided to drop it
but because of minami-ke I watch 8 episode that season
and not one that I like (the further I watch the more I hated minami-ke so it time to drop it)

most character that show up in okawari just an advertisement

Okaeri is better than okawari in my book
it had it funny moment
character had a fair screen time
If this is some sort of response to me, I'd point out that I specifically mentioned people who watched it either not at all or barely. If you watched it a reasonable amount and didn't like it, well then of course you're free to have that opinion. Just to clarify.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 23:37   Link #1064
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

After finishing rewatching the Second Season I can honestly say it wasn't all that bad. While there were some episodes that were not as good as the First Season material or the Third Season material, there was only one episode I really didn't like (Six). Though I didn't care for the drama imposed on the last two episodes, each one of these had some good moments of humor as well. Only Six remains painful to me. While they tried to make it funny with all the playing in the snow...it just didn't quite work.

1 out of 13 isn't bad. The Osen episode (One) was a little too fanservicey, but the humor was still there. Most of the rest seemed fairly typical slice-of-life /comedy with some moments of brilliance (The full "Hime" sequence at the pool is funny). This season was just more slice-of-life than comedy sketch material. The jokes were not as over the top as before or after. The jokes are still funny, and some hints of over the topness remain...if just isn't as much due to the story structuring.

Since I was expecting them this time, the black faced people didn't bother me all that much. It was just weird to have a fully faced character "blacked out" and then speak. It would almost be funny if there was a joke attached to it.

Hosaka, even though he gets only short segments in a number of episodes, was glorious and still over the top when he would do something. Also FABULOUS at least once, if not twice....plus the series ended properly...with epic laughter.
Old 2009-02-20, 01:20   Link #1065
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

wow you guys are on a roll haha

i never read such intense reviews >_<

man you must be really used to this or very perceptive
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 01:30   Link #1066
maxpepper

Hosaka loves to strip, cook, and hug fish.

I see a bright future in him, rivaling Chuck Norris and Van Damme.

He's a hero in the making looking for his lost maiden of love.

(I hope we get to see him next ep)
maxpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 01:38   Link #1067
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This season just seems to be very mild... the sort of thing you'd have a nice hot cup of tea and watch while wrapped up in a blanket. Almost nothing has really had me laughing, just a kind of "scary to other people" smile....
Old 2009-02-20, 02:16   Link #1068
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

hmm you know

from what i stand

makoto does everything full heartedly and that is why he is soo good at being mako-chan that make me feel scared hehehehe
Old 2009-02-20, 02:53   Link #1069
SkoolRumble4Ya

It's kind of funny to see Chiaki getting along so well with Mako chan and not Makoto kun. I wonder what her reaction will be when he's exposed.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 03:23   Link #1070
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
It's kind of funny to see Chiaki getting along so well with Mako chan and not Makoto kun. I wonder what her reaction will be when he's exposed.
Well it has been established that Chiaki doesn't want stupidity.

Makoto/Mako-chan will be separate persons for her unless somebody reminds her she gave that nickname to Makoto or she sees his goods.

Seriously though Chiaki may be avoiding thinking of Makoto purposely. Kinda like Maki, it is not a matter of love or hate he's just gross.

In Chiaki's case he's just too bakayarou.

In the case of the Minami sisters they are the ones being chased not the chaser.

Though ever since that mis-confession (Season 1) Chiaki may find Makoto too manly for her own good.(If she only knew...)

Thus don't get near me blushes.

I'm afraid if Boss Kana ever gets wind of though. She already noticed Chiaki and Mako-chan getting well together.

Remember how she teased Chiaki about the Princess title. A few eps ago Kana implied that Haruka may like Natsuki because she was too passionate. She may draw the same conclusions if she finds out both her sisters has a blush-punch mechanism for boys getting too close.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 03:55   Link #1071
anyme

People hate
-Hosaka because his fantasy harass Haruka. (Some fantasy may be more than TV can broadcast)
-Mako-chan because she(I mean he) wears Haruka's dress & watches Haruka undress. (I always think that Haruka knew Mako's true ID but she loves to play her(him).)
-Fuyuki because he slept in the same blanket with Minamis' while his home is not that far (go & sleep at your home!!).
-Okawari because *read Fuyuki*.
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 06:31   Link #1072
puppygod

I just realized what was the problem with Fuyuki - his face wasn't blackened. Or rather, if other background character faces weren't blackened, Fuyuki wouldn't stand out like sore thumb but rather melted harmlessly into background. Unfortunately, with setup being like it was, people expected some gag, or drama, or anything that involved him - but nothing happened and it was pointless, oh so pointless. Pointless.
puppygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 06:45   Link #1073
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Fuyuki have no dysfunction or hidden perks that would allow it to be played out in comedy. He is just.. a bland doormat.

Makoto is forced to crossdress to be able to approach Haruka, and have troubles to live his double identity.

Fujioka was mislabelled as banchou, and have troubles to communicate his feelings to Kana.

Hosaka is so obsessed with the ideal of a perfect relationship with Haruka that he never took the little step that could help his desire to bear fruits. Not to mention that he daydream IN THE OPEN.

Fuyuki have NOTHING like that. He is like the cardboard shota that would have lolis flock to him because HE IS A NICE GUY (the most common excuse for a harem anime setup), but it didn't work, because the girls in minami-ke are NOTHING like swooning haremettes.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:11   Link #1074
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

all the hate now falls to fuyuki hahahahaha

i feel sorry for the person hahaha
Old 2009-02-20, 08:52   Link #1075
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Fuyuki have NOTHING like that. He is like the cardboard shota that would have lolis flock to him because HE IS A NICE GUY (the most common excuse for a harem anime setup), but it didn't work, because the girls in minami-ke are NOTHING like swooning haremettes.
As I said before Fuyuki is a prequel harem guy childhood set up.

Chiaki is just ticked off that this boy is too good for his own good.

The kid is a hikimori until the sisters can along.

Around them he starts to have a normal chilhood. His father dragging him all over the place because of his job.

Course ever vigilant Fujiola, with the absence of Akira, is guarded over the brat thinking he likes Kana.

When in actuality he likes Chiaki.

The idiot couldn't confess and just left. Probably hurting Chiaki when he did. He just sent a post card.

Now if this is comedy drama setting for a future Minami-ke.

Chiaki and gang is in highschool.

She'll be either known as the Princess or the Queen, the former banchou of middle school.

Every guy would be pinning for her. Enter nice guy Fuyuki who was pinning for her for several years.

But wait she already likes somebody, Makoto. The problem is Makoto is a bit dense. He doesn't think Chiaki likes him that way as she makes him carry buckets and punches him when he gets too close.

Her confidant in her love troubles is ironically Mako-chan who has no idea it was he she was crushing on. Thinking it is another guy probably Fuyuki.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 10:29   Link #1076
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If this was a harem comedy, that might make sense. The problem is that this is Minami-ke...a story of the everyday lifes of three sisters. Don't expect much.

By not expecting much, this show can be incredibly funny. When one starts to inject Shipping, that leads to an expectation, which could lead to disappointment. Chiaki-hime(sama) told you not to expect much. This is the Princess' order, Bakayaro. Stop expecting much.
Old 2009-02-20, 12:37   Link #1077
reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If this was a harem comedy, that might make sense. The problem is that this is Minami-ke...a story of the everyday lifes of three sisters. Don't expect much.

By not expecting much, this show can be incredibly funny. When one starts to inject Shipping, that leads to an expectation, which could lead to disappointment. Chiaki-hime(sama) told you not to expect much. This is the Princess' order, Bakayaro. Stop expecting much.
no matter what chiaki-sama say
I still expected hosaka in next episode ( and please make it a good/funny episode )
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 17:20   Link #1078
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well it has been established that Chiaki doesn't want stupidity.

Makoto/Mako-chan will be separate persons for her unless somebody reminds her she gave that nickname to Makoto or she sees his goods.

Seriously though Chiaki may be avoiding thinking of Makoto purposely. Kinda like Maki, it is not a matter of love or hate he's just gross.

In Chiaki's case he's just too bakayarou.

In the case of the Minami sisters they are the ones being chased not the chaser.

Though ever since that mis-confession (Season 1) Chiaki may find Makoto too manly for her own good.(If she only knew...)

Thus don't get near me blushes.

I'm afraid if Boss Kana ever gets wind of though. She already noticed Chiaki and Mako-chan getting well together.

Remember how she teased Chiaki about the Princess title. A few eps ago Kana implied that Haruka may like Natsuki because she was too passionate. She may draw the same conclusions if she finds out both her sisters has a blush-punch mechanism for boys getting too close.
Sadly I don't think we'll never see any romance in Minami-ke.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 20:00   Link #1079
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After three seasons, it should be obvious that we wouldn't see a sudden change into a romance series. The only way that would happen is if a fourth season was announced, and they said they're not going with the slice of life genre, and instead creating a romance one.

Sure i don't blame people for thinking about romance after the latest episode, though that's the most you'll see from this series.
Old 2009-02-20, 20:15   Link #1080
anyme

It's not romance, it's a trap!!
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life