AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-04, 17:22   Link #21
Shadow Kira01

Watching watching the trailer, the first thing I thought was that Uematsu Nobuo once again made a stunning OST. His Final Fantasy soundtracks are the best!!

Second thing is that Guin reminds me of Ose..

Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 05:23   Link #22
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Guin reminds of Tekken King too. However, one must remember that Guin was around since about 30 years. Therefore, King and Ose likely owed more to Guin. It's the same thing as Cloud and his Buster sword, Guts happened to be one of the oldest huge sword wielders in the book.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:43   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Wow! That's a lot of ink!
125 volumes JUST for the main story (and still ongoing)... that's not counting the gaiden (side stories) volumes.
There are 21 volumes of gaiden also, totalling 146 volumes of Guin Saga.

From a single novel author, I believe this is the longest largest novel series in existence... ever.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:44   Link #24
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Ose is actually a demon, so it's more likely that he came before Guin than the other way around.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:16   Link #25
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHH View Post
Ose is actually a demon, so it's more likely that he came before Guin than the other way around.
Oh right, I forgot about that demonology book.
Old 2009-03-05, 15:46   Link #26
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I've only read up to the first 5 volumes but shit am I pumped about this. This is going to be a really good anime, but is it true that it's only planned for 25/26 episodes?

That would be really dumb. I mean it would be fine if they were just doing 25/26 at first just to test the waters on the popularity of the show but, I really hope they don't try and change the story so it fits into 26 episodes.

Just make your 20 something episodes and if it's not popular enough drop it, but don't kill the chance of a long running series by going the claymore route and making a cheesy anime only ending.

This show could be as long as Detective Conan if they wanted to make it so, that's how much material there is.
Old 2009-03-06, 06:08   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

Why would they have to resort to making a cheesy anime only ending, surely their should be more than adequate stopping points throughout the novels.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 14:20   Link #28
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why would they have to resort to making a cheesy anime only ending, surely their should be more than adequate stopping points throughout the novels.
True enough. Then again the same could be said for claymore and berserk when they made those anime as well.

Someone had mentioned that it was scheduled as a 26 anime show, so I was just hoping that if that is true that it just means they only have 26 slotted for now and if the show is popular enough they can just keep on going.
Old 2009-03-06, 14:43   Link #29
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Guin reminds of Tekken King too. However, one must remember that Guin was around since about 30 years. Therefore, King and Ose likely owed more to Guin. It's the same thing as Cloud and his Buster sword, Guts happened to be one of the oldest huge sword wielders in the book.
Not sure about Tekken King, but Ose definitely don't owe Guin anything. Ose has been around since at least a hundred years ago..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ose_(demon)

Perhaps, I may be wrong but isn't Ose one of the 72 Goetia summons?

Edit: My bad.. I didn't even realized that AHH had corrected you before. This also means that I was right about Ose's origin. Thanks AHH!

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-03-06 at 16:22. Reason: updated
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 15:31   Link #30
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Not sure about Tekken King, but Ose definitely don't owe Guin anything. Ose has been around since at least a hundred years ago..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ose_(demon)

Perhaps, I may be wrong but isn't Ose one of the 72 Goetia summons?
I know that. I was corrected by AHH.
Old 2009-03-07, 01:19   Link #31
Xanithor

Well, just watched the trailer, which piqued my interest. Man with jaguar head punching people into trees hard enough to set the tree on fire is always fun to watch.
Xanithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 07:56   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanithor View Post
Man with jaguar head punching people into trees hard enough to set the tree on fire is always fun to watch.
Nicely said!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 10:30   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
True enough. Then again the same could be said for claymore and berserk when they made those anime as well.

Someone had mentioned that it was scheduled as a 26 anime show, so I was just hoping that if that is true that it just means they only have 26 slotted for now and if the show is popular enough they can just keep on going.
Well Berserk mainly animated that flashback saga and gave us a taste of what was to come, as for Claymore they only really had one stopping point which was the graveyard scene, sadly Madhouse must've thought it inadequate

As for Guin saga who knows, I would like to think there is parts that end a given storyline that would be fitting for a finale. And at the same time clearly, clearly leave it open for a continuation.. maybe something like Seirei no Moribito.. but without having read the source material I really can't say.
Old 2009-03-20, 03:13   Link #34
M.Marangio

Tokyo Anime Fair 2009

Article about Guin Saga from the TAF 2009: http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/ne...0318_guinsaga/
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:03   Link #35
Westlo
Lets be reality

They released the trailer for this in English so a license must be around the corner.

http://www.guinsaga.net/special/movie3.html
Old 2009-04-03, 17:16   Link #36
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
They released the trailer for this in English so a license must be around the corner.

And a nice dub trailer that was. Go Aniplex (Sony)!
Old 2009-04-04, 07:52   Link #37
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:

I think it means that they pulled a Haruhi, that the folks that expect a Japanese dub on the NHK BS2, are instead going to get the English dubbed version. ...Just as it says at the end of the clip. (Starting Sunday, April 5th at 23:29, On NHK BS2.)
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 09:04   Link #38
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
I think it means that they pulled a Haruhi, that the folks that expect a Japanese dub on the NHK BS2, are instead going to get the English dubbed version. ...Just as it says at the end of the clip. (Starting Sunday, April 5th at 23:29, On NHK BS2.)
That trailer was made using American actors from LA according to people who follow English language actors on ANN. Hopefully, that means someone has the R1 license.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:33   Link #39
Anonidas

I'm going to watch this because it's made by Satelight, has a Nobue Uematsu soundtrack and Juushin Liger...I mean Guin!!!

Hope this won't turn out as bad as Tytania though.
Anonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:43   Link #40
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanithor View Post
Man with jaguar head punching people into trees hard enough to set the tree on fire is always fun to watch.
Stop reading my mind!

But yeah... that trailer pretty much sold the series to me.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, satelight