AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 10:19   Link #5141
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Next thing you know, Shou will come back.
Well... Jihan never died on panel, and an avalanche isn't even a guaranteed death in real life.

Shou on the other head, was clearly shown dead, corpse and all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:25   Link #5142
Qilin
Romanticist

Nothing quite like a good deus ex machina to conclude this lengthy arc.
Old 2012-06-11, 14:29   Link #5143
DarkRaven
GOD

well after this we can finally go back to kenichi training, going to school and fighting YOMI oh but wait official members of yomi only 3 remain active Kajima, chikage and tanimoto natsu considering that rachel is under house arrest and the other 3 disciples of Ogata kensei are not official members of yomi yet ..
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 17:11   Link #5144
Excelion

We're definitely due for another disciple fight, in which case Ogata would be the angle to take. That or bring the other One Shadow, Nine Fists back and start the Eternal Setting Sun event that's been mentioned for a long time now. I imagine it'll just be a big war arc like Naruto and Reborn have sort of done lately with bringing everybody back. It's really just a matter of how much longer he wants to keep the manga going. It's had a good long run so far at 477 chapters.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 17:35   Link #5145
Awrya
U mad?

Bring a character back that has been 'dead' for ~300 chapters, while it was surprising I just asked myself, why? The next chapter will probably be about how he was rescued and how he turned from Satsujinken to Katsujinken
Old 2012-06-11, 20:52   Link #5146
Azure-Priest

Or worse, we find out that Jenazad is actually still alive too. If you look closely, on page 5, panel 3, there's a figure that looks mighty suspicious. Even has a form similar to Jenazad.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 00:47   Link #5147
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Or worse, we find out that Jenazad is actually still alive too. If you look closely, on page 5, panel 3, there's a figure that looks mighty suspicious. Even has a form similar to Jenazad.
Aren't you talking about Jenazad's corpse?

He died standing up from what I understand.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:11   Link #5148
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
We're definitely due for another disciple fight, in which case Ogata would be the angle to take. That or bring the other One Shadow, Nine Fists back and start the Eternal Setting Sun event that's been mentioned for a long time now. I imagine it'll just be a big war arc like Naruto and Reborn have sort of done lately with bringing everybody back. It's really just a matter of how much longer he wants to keep the manga going. It's had a good long run so far at 477 chapters.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Eternal Sunset was coming after this arc. OSNF is barely at half-strength now, they're losing the war against Ryozanpaku. If they don't strike back, they're gonna all be pwned within the next couple of years or so, especially with the current writing of the story. Geez, the manga needs help, badly. It's becoming far too cliché as of late. Hopefully it improves soon, it needs to.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 03:24   Link #5149
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

^mmm..i like your speculation..

but i think that Kenichi need training, before the Eternal Sunset start..

Kenichi just started to see Master movements, and like i mentioned, Kajima for me is like a Master...So we need to see the elder training..the final training..

I hope for this..i hope that the Elder teach Kenichi everything..
Old 2012-06-12, 09:01   Link #5150
JAGI_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
^mmm..i like your speculation..

but i think that Kenichi need training, before the Eternal Sunset start..

Kenichi just started to see Master movements, and like i mentioned, Kajima for me is like a Master...So we need to see the elder training..the final training..

I hope for this..i hope that the Elder teach Kenichi everything..
I agree with you Kenichi need's the Elder to teach him everything.
Old 2012-06-12, 15:49   Link #5151
Franckie

This is one of the worse chapters I've seen in quite a long time. Not suprirsed, however. This arc in general has been pretty bad as far as pacing and revelence to the main storyline. Nothing significant has happened besides Saiga being introduced. Afterwards everything will magically return to the status-quo.

Oh. Right. There is Mikumo's involvement that needs addressed too since she instigated this entire arc with her chit-chat with Jenazard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Well... Jihan never died on panel, and an avalanche isn't even a guaranteed death in real life.

Shou on the other head, was clearly shown dead, corpse and all.
The avalanche hit Jihan head-on after he had suffered some major damage from his fight with Kenichi. Jenazard expected the avalanche to kill his disciple, and it was stated repeatedly afterwards that Jihan died. He was dead until this chapter. Jihan coming back in the manner he did is bad writing and a blatant example of deus ex machina.

Regarding Shou, nothing says he can't receive the Jihan treatment. Yes, we saw him take his last breath (we haven't seen his corpse afterwards); yes, its been repeatedly stated he's dead. Nonetheless, that doesn't change the fact that if the author wants to bring him back, he will.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:52   Link #5152
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I must be one of the few people that actually liked this chapter. While not very interesting or informative, I liked seeing Jihan again, if only because I didn't expect it. I'm looking forward to next week.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 06:23   Link #5153
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler for 478

Spoiler:

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-06-15 at 06:41.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 13:05   Link #5154
DarkLordOfkichiku

The last page of 478:

Spoiler for 478:

Oh, and I sorta like this part from the Elder this chapter (not like the theme hasn't been brought up before though):

Spoiler for words:
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 13:35   Link #5155
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
The avalanche hit Jihan head-on after he had suffered some major damage from his fight with Kenichi. Jenazard expected the avalanche to kill his disciple, and it was stated repeatedly afterwards that Jihan died. He was dead until this chapter. Jihan coming back in the manner he did is bad writing and a blatant example of deus ex machina.

Regarding Shou, nothing says he can't receive the Jihan treatment. Yes, we saw him take his last breath (we haven't seen his corpse afterwards); yes, its been repeatedly stated he's dead. Nonetheless, that doesn't change the fact that if the author wants to bring him back, he will.
I'm not denying that it's an asspull, but it's a very common asspull in shonen that people can see coming. In a shonen manga, If you don't see the corpse on screen/panel, the person is not guaranteed to be dead.

It may just be sophistry and semantics, but Jihan's death is not on the same level as Shou's.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 13:45   Link #5156
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not denying that it's an asspull, but it's a very common asspull in shonen that people can see coming. In a shonen manga, If you don't see the corpse on screen/panel, the person is not guaranteed to be dead.

It may just be sophistry and semantics, but Jihan's death is not on the same level as Shou's.
Even then you'll probably only be sure if it's either a severed head or he's in the autopsy room being cut open xD
Shounen manga are so loose sometimes...

For example, it wouldn't surprise me if Shou suddenly showed up revealing that he actually survived for some stupid reason. Or taking a page out of The Breaker, that he's currently in a tank somewhere in a near death state and slowly healing up...

So unless a character has a giant hole filled with manga in his body...there's still the probability of coming back to life...magically...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 15:14   Link #5157
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler for 478

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
The last page of 478:

Spoiler for 478:

Oh, and I sorta like this part from the Elder this chapter (not like the theme hasn't been brought up before though):

Spoiler for words:
Spoiler:

Chapter 478 is out

Man, to think Jihan would learn humility, I guess being buried in an avalanche will do that to a man, even a king. And I wouldn't worry if I were Hongo, Jihan has no intention of avenging his warped master.

And man, Saiga, his last look at Kenichi, best part of the whole chapter. They will meet again, it's inevitable.

But poor Miu, looks like there'll be quite a few relapses before she's completely cured. Fine by me, much more realistic that way. And it'll probably be very comical, considering this manga. Until then...

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2012-06-15 at 21:11.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 06:21   Link #5158
ShiroiRyu

The last pages were really good.
But we are not even near the end ...
Old 2012-06-16, 08:51   Link #5159
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Wow..the chapter was really good..

The Elder..it was awesome when thanked Kenichi..with the tears on him eyes..i think was the first time we see the Elder like this..

And Jihan words for the Demon..

So, the Elder know...and want Kenichi keep it a secret from Miu..man..i want to know..i want to know what happened between Saiga and Miu mother...i still think that in the end, Saiga didn't kill her...i want to know damn!

i wonder how Miu would react about this..abot her father...

Interesting, i hope the elder is going to have a talk about Saiga with Kenichi..and i hope that the final training start soon...the training with the Elder would be awesome...

So in the end Saiga greeted Kenichi...for protecting Miu..

Is strange, is obvious that Saiga love Miu..and don't want her to become Satsujin Ken..the fact that Saiga don't take her with him is it..so, what the hell happened with Miu mother??i can't believe Saiga killed her...
Old 2012-06-16, 09:31   Link #5160
Qilin
Romanticist

I enjoyed this chapter a lot more than the last few ones, which really isn't saying a lot. But still, it had a good share of character interactions and development, though I'd say it was mostly Jihan's charisma that made the chapter work for me. Also, it was nice to see Jenazad getting a send off worthy of his status as a true master of martial arts. As unlikable as he was, his supreme strength was something to be looked up to.

Well, yeah. There's the whole Jihan surviving being an asspull, etc. etc. But I'm tired of ragging on that kind since it's pretty much a genre convention. I'm pretty sure that author was just waiting for an excuse to reintroduce his character given the ambiguous way he "died". I'll just focus on the better parts of this then.

Tags
shounen