AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 08:56   Link #3021
garbage

oh just remembered, it was really nice of them showing the night before preparation. All those different tonkatsu , so yummy. It made me nostalgic remembering my college varsity days, people really handle that night before differently, I can't even remember now what I used to do before an important match, all I remember is the Pressure and the One Track Thinking
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 09:35   Link #3022
whitecloud

Hey...if you in miho's shoe while playing wot what would you do? Give up while yelling at the admin...? Or die in the blaze of glory?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 09:53   Link #3023
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The oldest tank game I played is Battle City....
oh f-

ALL MY NOSTALGIA

Not only my first tank game, it's also my first experience with a map editor. Used to make maps made only of bricks and then we had to tunnel out with our guns

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 10:06   Link #3024
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ so where's the correction??? as I've stated FIELDED, if Arisa hadn't done that radio snooping thing, Kay would definitely have used all 10 tanks in the battle till the end. In fact she was using all of it, until she felt the need to compensate for the "dishonorable snooping" her subordinate did.
Well, I think if Saunders High didn't use radio interception, Ooarai will won anyway. Seems they use mass attack and gunnery concentration basis like real US tanks did, then they'll trapped by Miho's tactics anyway. In that game, Saunders' main unit forming phalanx of Sherman, awaiting its enemy by shield of mass firepower basically. We already saw how Ooarai team can move swift and sure under the command of Miho, what happens on Sounders' scout unit. Time by time, I think Saunders will get cut-off, ambush one by one, then reduce numbers and in panic, flag tank will be hunted at last.

Last edited by florallia; 2012-12-18 at 10:24. Reason: some collection
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 10:24   Link #3025
garbage

^ Nothing Saunder's do will make them win since they are up against the Show's Heroines

But i think you're overestimating Miho's ability at that match anyway, especially with the inexperienced crew she has under her command, not to mention being out numbered 2 to 1, oh and you did notice the discrepancy in tank quality right? After all they did in fact win only by a hairsbreadth, with Saunder's not using its remaining 4 tanks. More Luck and Plot armor than not.

By the way that post was a response for the one above it and not in anyway a commentary on that battle itself, nor Miho's tactical abilities...
Old 2012-12-18, 10:52   Link #3026
00Coyote

There were a bunch of neat moments in episode 10, from the pretty, yet ominous exploding tank flower arrangement, to Miho's nervous laughter as the supposed upgrades to her team failed in their own unique way.

It's going to be a long wait for the finish of this series ....

What were the Sodokos writing on their time off?
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 10:54   Link #3027
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

The oldest tank game I played was Combat on the Atari 2600. Then there were the old Panzer Commander pen/paper/board games. I still have my collection of game tanks from GHQ somewhere. Then there was the WWIIOnline game that I was involved with. However, that didn't have just tank, but also soldiering, air combat, and naval action all in one game. ~waxes nostalgic~

Anyhow, I enjoyed this episode as it had my favorite Kelly's Heroes scene "That's paint!" I also found the reaction of Team Ooarai interesting as Black Forest made their appearance on the field of battle. Pretty much mirroring the reactions in the Allies in the spring of 1940 and winter of 1944 as the Wehrmacht emerged from the Ardennes.

Endless "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?" Soul
Old 2012-12-18, 10:55   Link #3028
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
By the way
Oh, I didn't notice......sorry for mistake.
Old 2012-12-18, 11:02   Link #3029
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Anyone played this game yet? This remind me the old series Panzer Generals.
Old 2012-12-18, 11:05   Link #3030
tsunade666

Battle City is also my oldest tank game and I like it when i'm creating my own battle field.

And also has anyone here check girls und panzer little army? its a good read. Miho is good at making girl friends and she really adore her sister.
Old 2012-12-18, 11:06   Link #3031
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by florallia View Post
Oh, I didn't notice......sorry for mistake.
no problem at all just clarifying oh and welcome to AS forums

oh hey, Battle City! I came across that, pretty good game,just pure game no fluff ^^ , unlike modern games these days which seems to concentrate more on looks at the expense of game-play...
Old 2012-12-18, 11:12   Link #3032
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
What were the Sodokos writing on their time off?
Writing message for post. What she wrought is "Acknowledge for Supporters, No Booing, No Flash (by camera), No Silly Hat (or means large overall suit type cosplay in Japanese idiom「かぶりもの」、something like Human size black rat with suspended shorts and white glove)".
Old 2012-12-18, 11:51   Link #3033
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

This show is pretty merciless towards Japanese tanks, lol. Aside from consistently making fun of the Type 89, they rendered the Type 3 impotent in just one episode. Wow...

Sure, the Type 3 never saw action & was never tested... so I guess the show's answer to the Type 3 is to ensure that it never see (much) action and never tested...

That, and I am slightly disappointed Miho did not get to ride the Tiger. Ok ok... as a flag tank the Tiger is a bit slow, but that apparently doesn't stop Maho.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 13:32   Link #3034
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
The oldest tank game I played was Combat on the Atari 2600.
Want to play with tanks? No problem - welcome to Russia or Ukraine:

http://video.yandex.ru/#search?text=...50682884-03-12
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 13:58   Link #3035
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
Want to play with tanks? No problem - welcome to Russia or Ukraine:

http://video.yandex.ru/#search?text=...50682884-03-12
Oh yeah, seen that video before. It was painful to see how they demilitarized it by welding a hole in the barrel. The neat thing though, is how even though it's been sitting there for some time, it started up with a bit of tinkering and moved under its own power to the trailer.

Endless "Robust" Soul
Old 2012-12-18, 14:06   Link #3036
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Christmas
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
True Santa
Images
Lady Undressing
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 14:52   Link #3037
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

That, and I am slightly disappointed Miho did not get to ride the Tiger. Ok ok... as a flag tank the Tiger is a bit slow, but that apparently doesn't stop Maho.
Who needs speed when you have over whelming number and fire power...
Old 2012-12-18, 14:57   Link #3038
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Who needs speed when you have over whelming number and fire power...
Yeah, thats what I thought to. I didn't think it was a good idea to give the Tiger P to the mech. team. Miho would have more familiarity with it than them... but she chose to retain the IV. I guess we will have to see how this would play out. Unfortunately, it also means my expectation of an epic showdown between the two Tigers is utterly eradicated...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:00   Link #3039
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Unfortunately, it also means my expectation of an epic showdown between the two Tigers is utterly eradicated...
Just as expected
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:08   Link #3040
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The anime can't help to amazed me! Not only that the tough boss has bad aiming skills as well (why is that) they failed to destroy one tank during the ambush. (no! that tank was hit due to clumsiness of the driver, doesn't count).

They basically have the element of surprise but they failed for heavens's sake! Not only that the panzer team are moving at constant speed and in close formation why they missed a lot of hit?! Funny, this is hilarious!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks