AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 14:10   Link #101
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Still no sign if Milla, eh? Guess they're holding that bck for a surprise appearance. Or at least they'd better be.

Unfortunately, with the heroine of the game being 8 years old, I don't see any nice romance in this one unless Milla comes back. Or they do an epilogue 10 or so years later with Ludger unaged for whatever reason. It's happened before.
Old 2012-09-11, 09:24   Link #102
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Milla has made her appearance

Abyssalchronicles has noticed a few things to take notice as well.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn...ents&fn_id=960
Old 2012-09-11, 11:25   Link #103
Excorsism

So we'll finally get our Jude x Millia end? Haha!
Old 2012-09-11, 11:34   Link #104
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! And they didn't ruin it with a terrible new outfit and look!

JudexMillaJudexMillaJudexMillaJudexMillaJudexMilla JudexMilla.....................

Although it is curious about the small discrepancies, like the feminine form of speech in her quote and the difference in her appearance.

Though, the blurb in that blog link is a bit off; it's actually "the swordswoman who completed her mission as Maxwell at the age of six." Thus why she isn't Milla Maxwell anymore; she completed her duties as Maxwell's successor and is living her own life, which would also explain her change in form of speech. (trying a new makeover or something)

But then that translation sounds off too, because Milla was 20 in Xillia 1. (but it is the literal translation)

By the way, Gaius and Myuze are also both on the other scan in that blog link.
Old 2012-09-11, 11:42   Link #105
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! And they didn't ruin it with a terrible new outfit and look!

JudexMillaJudexMillaJudexMillaJudexMillaJudexMilla JudexMilla.....................

Although it is curious about the small discrepancies, like the feminine form of speech in her quote and the difference in her appearance.

Though, the blurb in that blog link is a bit off; it's actually "the swordswoman who completed her mission as Maxwell at the age of six." Thus why she isn't Milla Maxwell anymore; she completed her duties as Maxwell's successor and is living her own life, which would also explain her change in form of speech. (trying a new makeover or something)

But then that translation sounds off too, because Milla was 20 in Xillia 1. (but it is the literal translation)

By the way, Gaius and Myuze are also both on the other scan in that blog link.
Yeah that seems a bit weird. Either that means a reincarnation/avatar of the actual Milla with a more pragmatic personality/I don't even know and care because Milla is back! Which begs the question, how old is she now? It's about time Namco lets a certain ship sail with that ending they gave us last game .
Old 2012-09-11, 12:37   Link #106
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

..I really need to finish Xilia soon. I don't know what happens that make her return, but at least we're getting her back.

Oh I hope she stays as a playable characters too but now that when I think about it, there's no other new playable characters other than Ludger in this game..I hope Gaius will also be playable too just like what's written in that abyssal chronicle

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 09:42   Link #107
Mura
Now or Never

Looks like if you get Xillia 2 at launch you'll get these two costumes. Milla looks good in anything, doesn't she?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13...de-and-millia/

Also two videos, the first which showcases Elises abilites and the secoond which is a trailer for the DVD release or the 2012 Tales of Festival. The second one got me hyped seeing all the different tales seiyuus.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-19, 03:49   Link #108
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've just finished ToX a couple of minutes ago and while browsing ToX2 gamefaqs forum, this information came up:
Quote:
According to SummonerPascal from the Tales forums, the other Milla is from the alternate world, where she destroyed Ark Noah and prevented the creation of the Kresnik Spear/Lance, but lost her powers, all she was 6 years old. (really?!) Apparently has having no friends and was arrogant and prideful. She lives in Ni Akeria (alternate world version) with the two elder twin sisters of the two Great Spirits before meeting Ludger. Speaking of Ludger he apparently has a support skill to copy the support skill of anyone he's linked to.

Info also seems to come from here.
http://tokkurin.net/archives/50786889.html

and here.
http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com/

Can't read japanese, though.
...I dunno, it feels kinda stupid plot for me, especially after finishing the first game. It does make Milla appearing in this game more believable though

Old 2012-09-23, 09:31   Link #109
Mura
Now or Never

TGS trailer and ufotable impresses me once again.

Oh yes and Madoka Magica costumes will be available for the girls too.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...es-of-xillia-2

Edit: From talesunion.com

Quote:
And for those wondering why Ludger is unvoiced in this trailer, the official explanation is that they weren't finished with recording and finalizing his lines prior to the recording, but he'll be voiced come the game's final release.

Last edited by Mura; 2012-09-23 at 09:58.
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 10:36   Link #110
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Don't forget that all the DLCs from Xilia 1 could also be transferred to this game according to this : http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn...ents&fn_id=971

Maybe I'll buy some costumes next month to prepare for Xilia 2... that Dhaos outfit for Milla is kinda cool.

Old 2012-09-23, 10:38   Link #111
Mura
Now or Never

Yeah, thats a great move by namco to do. That Dhaos one is my favorite for Milla, still gotta see Milla fight in the Asbel costume to decide on that.
Old 2012-09-23, 10:49   Link #112
GDB

Instead of a Kyuubei accessory, they should've let you put the Kyuubei costume on Lulu.

Also, these Madoka costumes are really making me consider importing it. If they confirm Leia or Milla has Kyoko (leaning toward Kyoko if they base it off of weapon), it's going to be hard not to. Especially since I have the pre-order costumes for Milla and Jude from Xillia 1. Though I'm not sure if I'd have to get the Asian version since that's the Xillia version I got or if it'd just check for any DLC.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 14:44   Link #113
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I finally found this thread. I looked all over the game forum section and really weird to find it here, but, oh well.

Anyway, the Madoka series sure his making it way in any shape or form in any medium it could find. I really like this idea, considering that I've recently been following this game after finishing Graces. Ufotable and the animation for this game looks amazing, and I wonder what Madoka costumes and accessories will come later on.

It's still worrying that chances of this sequel will probably not be localized unless sales for North America or whatever localization are great.
Old 2012-09-23, 14:49   Link #114
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

consider how "well" graces sales. as long if you keep enthusiast high enough we may get this

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 14:53   Link #115
Mura
Now or Never

Well I continuously hear reports of Baba saying he wants to localize Tales games but it really depends if the western market is interested in this franchise anymore. Graces fell flat on its face so I was really shocked that Xillia got the OK. I thought Graces was great imo, but I guess other people just didn't see it that way.
Old 2012-09-23, 14:59   Link #116
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
It's still worrying that chances of this sequel will probably not be localized unless sales for North America or whatever localization are great.
They've already confirmed Xillia for 2013. As long as that doesn't bomb, which it shouldn't, there's no real reason not to get Xillia 2. Remember, it's not just North America. There's also Canada and Europe, and Europe has a HUGE Tales fanbase. They aren't going to localize it for Europe and then not release it in America given how low the costs are for just authorizing and printing compared to the returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Graces fell flat on its face so I was really shocked that Xillia got the OK.
It didn't really do that badly. It at least turned out a profit, and that was just based on US numbers. It doesn't take into account Europe or Canada.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 15:01   Link #117
Mura
Now or Never

I know Europe's version came out recently so I guess its too early to see how its selling right now? Their LE has a fantastic package so I can certainly see it doing well.
Old 2012-09-23, 15:05   Link #118
Shadow5YA

I really hope Millia and Jude don't end up usurping the spotlight in this one. If they're going to make a different character (Ludgar) the protagonist, then I would like him to stay the protagonist.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 15:29   Link #119
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Well I continuously hear reports of Baba saying he wants to localize Tales games but it really depends if the western market is interested in this franchise anymore. Graces fell flat on its face so I was really shocked that Xillia got the OK. I thought Graces was great imo, but I guess other people just didn't see it that way.
I don't know what to think of that, but I will say this: I loved and enjoyed Graces to absolutely no end. I personally thought the story, characters, and the gameplay was fun, but many people whom I talk to about this game said that everything about it was cheesy and overdone. I guess the whole "friendship" theme sort of turned people off, but isn't that a most common premise for JRPG's? Who know, great game still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They've already confirmed Xillia for 2013. As long as that doesn't bomb, which it shouldn't, there's no real reason not to get Xillia 2. Remember, it's not just North America. There's also Canada and Europe, and Europe has a HUGE Tales fanbase. They aren't going to localize it for Europe and then not release it in America given how low the costs are for just authorizing and printing compared to the returns.

It didn't really do that badly. It at least turned out a profit, and that was just based on US numbers. It doesn't take into account Europe or Canada.
I know that Xillia is getting localized worldwide next year, it's like I said, I'm still sort of new to the Tales series. Based on what I've read and heard about Japanese games getting the ok for localization, how can you not be skeptical. I mean we still haven't gotten the PS3 port for Vesperia, and other anime games I will not mention because I want to get this said series relevant to this thread. Anyway, I like the visuals and the direction of Xillia, and when it does come I have faith that it'll do well enough to convince Namco or whatever to localize the sequel for a release.

I admit I don't know how the localization process works, but it seems that fan demand isn't really enough to ensure that sales will be good. Could be wrong here, but it's like I said, I don't know how localization works, so yeah.
Old 2012-09-23, 15:35   Link #120
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Though I'm not sure if I'd have to get the Asian version since that's the Xillia version I got or if it'd just check for any DLC.
Asian DLC are known not to work with JP games and vice versa. You better have the DLC of the same region, otherwise you will have a nasty surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I know that Xillia is getting localized worldwide next year, it's like I said, I'm still sort of new to the Tales series. Based on what I've read and heard about Japanese games getting the ok for localization, how can you not be skeptical. I mean we still haven't gotten the PS3 port for Vesperia, and other anime game I will not mention because I want to get this said series relevant to this thread. I like the visuals and the directing of Xillia, and when it does come I have faith that it'll do well enough to convince Namco or whatever to localize the sequel for a release.

I admit I don't know how the localization process works, but it seems that fan demand isn't really enough to ensure that sales will be enough.
Vesperia is absolutely not a good example. The issue is probably the same as Tales of Symphonia PS2 version that never came out of Japan. The reason is simple: the publisher would obviously not allow their work to be "borrowed" by anyone else, so for Vesperia PS3 to be localized, it would require Sony as the publisher to start the localization from scratches, which is seen obviously as a waste of time and money, considering how old the game is, and how people who are interested probably played the Xbox version.
The demand for such thing is drastically different if you look how publishers work for localization (Abyss is a different case, since it is Nintendo that took the initiative, a bit why Symphonia managed to get on US/EU gamecube, despite the western market hardly interested Namco at that period).