AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 03:56   Link #21
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

*raises white banner*
I come here with good intentions. Hold your boxcutters. (lol)
I found the OP and ED for Kaede without the TV credits, thought I'd share 'em with you. You can view/download 'em here:
Kaede credit-less OP
Kaede credit-less ED (good quality)
I don't know if anyone posted them already but whatever ...
*runs away to avoid boxcutter injuries*
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 12:40   Link #22
yrael32
Kami ang... Maskman!

Well yes, all the opinions and facts stated above IMO are true. That Kaede's character brought the spice out of the traditionaly light Harem anime. It's true that throughout the series Rin paid less and less attention to Kaede than what he was already giving her. But...

Spoiler for IMO:

P.S. I strongly believe, so strong that its worth mentioning again that the Kaede arc was where Shuffle! truly became different from the rest.
yrael32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 20:11   Link #23
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
If I may, what was wrong with Rin taking the blame on her mom's death a fault?

Kaede was devastated when her mom died. She practically gave up living, the doctor even said that. Rin as a caring brother (I still think that's how he feels his relationship with her) knew something had to be done to help Kaede move on with her life. How do you tell a child like her about death? You really think that no one tried to explain it to her? Not even her own father?

Rin wanted her to live, no matter what the cost. And he paid it for a good 6 years? Why the hell is Rin being ostracized for wanting her to live?

Sorry sorry, I don't want to get fired up, I just can't see how Rin is the bad guy fr wanting to help Kaede live.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 05:15   Link #24
yrael32
Kami ang... Maskman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
If I may, what was wrong with Rin taking the blame on her mom's death a fault?

Kaede was devastated when her mom died. She practically gave up living, the doctor even said that. Rin as a caring brother (I still think that's how he feels his relationship with her) knew something had to be done to help Kaede move on with her life. How do you tell a child like her about death? You really think that no one tried to explain it to her? Not even her own father?

Rin wanted her to live, no matter what the cost. And he paid it for a good 6 years? Why the hell is Rin being ostracized for wanting her to live?

Sorry sorry, I don't want to get fired up, I just can't see how Rin is the bad guy fr wanting to help Kaede live.
No he shouldnt be ostacized for trying to help Kaede to live. In fact, its a very commendable effort. But what I'm saying is that it was cruel for Rin not to even spare a second glance at Kaede when she was trying his best for him (e.g. The food that Kaede prepared that he didn't eat)

Also look how at how Rin taking the blame for Kaede did to her. Kaede took it heavier because she felt guilty for Rin taking the blame for her and the sudden shock of it plus the thought that she was guilty (which she was not) for her mother's death.

And from my point of view, wouldn't it be intereting if for another retelling of the story that Rin didn't took the blame for the loss of Kaede's mom. I think it would make some space for their relationship to blossom
Old 2007-04-23, 06:59   Link #25
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Ok, I apologize if I came off rude.

I've already expressed my feelings towards Rin's treatment to Kaede earlier so I won't get into it again.

ANd I think the general feeling we were supposed to get from Rin taking the blame for her mom's death, if he hadn't done that she would have died. That's how I feel.
Old 2007-04-23, 07:36   Link #26
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Well it must be said that Kaede can never win from all what happened in the past.. And yeah if the past is change then maybe she got any chance... Oh well I just wish they'll animate Really Really and create an alternative story ..Memories is 11 episode of waste of time and one episode of pure non-sense.. oh well
Old 2007-04-23, 10:15   Link #27
yrael32
Kami ang... Maskman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Well it must be said that Kaede can never win from all what happened in the past.. And yeah if the past is change then maybe she got any chance... Oh well I just wish they'll animate Really Really and create an alternative story ..Memories is 11 episode of waste of time and one episode of pure non-sense.. oh well
Unfortunately, your correct and I too hope that they make another series 'cause memories was such a let-down
Old 2007-04-23, 10:43   Link #28
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

But that nonsense is pure gold!
Old 2007-04-28, 22:25   Link #29
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Hmm what I think about Kaede is for one she is pretty cool and pretty and how Rin was breaking her down like this was unbelieveable!

Spoiler:

So you see half the time it's Rin but he did be descent and saved Kaede once the rest he wasn't fairly nice :/
Old 2007-04-29, 12:16   Link #30
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

A lot of guys in that similar situation wouldn't have said no either.

But a lot of guys would have.

I praise the ones who would say no. Otherwise they are exploiting a dear friend's fragile (VERY fragile) mind and current state. She wasn't trying to sleep with him because she wanted to, she was trying to sleep with him because she wanted his attention. If he HAD, things would have gone from bad to worse. And I mean the worst possible kind of worse.

Besides, I'll reinstate my last arguemnt of Kaede, inRin's mind, is more of a little sister than she is anything else. Although he (arguably) understood her feelings for him and tried his best to handle the situation, she was probably still the little sister whom he looked out after all his years.
Old 2007-05-11, 23:20   Link #31
dahilig007
KKK Ninja Division

Send a message via Yahoo to dahilig007
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
Hmm what I think about Kaede is for one she is pretty cool and pretty and how Rin was breaking her down like this was unbelieveable!

Spoiler:

So you see half the time it's Rin but he did be descent and saved Kaede once the rest he wasn't fairly nice :/
Yeah you're right... But to be Honest.. I feel sorry for Kaede...
dahilig007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:26   Link #32
Oneiros
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Besides, I'll reinstate my last arguemnt of Kaede, inRin's mind, is more of a little sister than she is anything else. Although he (arguably) understood her feelings for him and tried his best to handle the situation, she was probably still the little sister whom he looked out after all his years.
I also think he felt some degree of guilt for depriving Kaede of her own life since he tolerated her obsessive kind of atonement for far too long (to the point of dependency). I was actually thinking, "Why didn't that bastard Rin try to wean Kaede off the guilt trip earlier and let her live her own life instead of tolerating (exploiting?) said guilt trip so that he'll have a de facto maid/servant?" He did do something along the lines of the former, but IMHO it was years too late.

God, with that kind of guilt on my head, I would also have said no. Remember kids, always say no to emotional-trauma-induced pity sex. You will feel dirty afterwards (and not in a good way "dirty").

But then we wouldn't have a semi-decent anime without all these "unresolved issues"™ or "emotional baggage"™.
Oneiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:49   Link #33
koreaneeyore
yandere lover~

i <3 kaede. to me she is just pure awesome. part reason is that she is almost perfect. another is, she trusted rin. and another (of many) is she is a total yandere. i dont know about you others, but to me, yandere is a total moe factor (but then, thats just me).
koreaneeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 08:13   Link #34
jethroboni
Kaede Admirer

Send a message via Yahoo to jethroboni
Kaede should have been Rin's GF!! I really think Rin has no thankful feelings for Kaede.... I also KNOW that Rin is abusing kaede too much, like ordering her around at anytime he likes....
jethroboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 01:59   Link #35
Garet Linegod

The anime staff had completly twisted the behaviour of both Rin and Kaede from their original self in the game. People who suggested that Kaede is a psycho or complained that Rin is abusive to Kaede, please okay the game, or read the newly-released "Really? Really!" manga vol.1
Garet Linegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 22:45   Link #36
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

I agree with that statement as we saw in the games Kaede was a sweet kind beautiful girl and only a tad bit pyshco lol. I have to say Shuffle! wouldnt be Shuffle if it didnt have Kaede in it she is the best girl there and if she was in my life i would treat her 10000Xs better than Rin ^^
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 03:11   Link #37
Incubusknight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X4uo7SE54

Youtube video dedicated to Kaede and what she went through.

I'm also a Kaede fan, and while I was watching the series I seriously thought Rin would end up with Kaede since to me she was like the underdog of the series, being the only human from the two princesses of the gods and demons.

It's a shame they didn't have at least one episode where Kaede and Rin went out on a date or did something together other then her just becoming sick from trying to win Rins favor with cleaning and taking care of the house hold chores.

::shrugs:: oh well, just something that bother me for a long while,
Spoiler for Scene:
Incubusknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 07:28   Link #38
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubusknight View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X4uo7SE54

Youtube video dedicated to Kaede and what she went through.

I'm also a Kaede fan, and while I was watching the series I seriously thought Rin would end up with Kaede since to me she was like the underdog of the series, being the only human from the two princesses of the gods and demons.

It's a shame they didn't have at least one episode where Kaede and Rin went out on a date or did something together other then her just becoming sick from trying to win Rins favor with cleaning and taking care of the house hold chores.

::shrugs:: oh well, just something that bother me for a long while,
Spoiler for Scene:
*cries* poor Kaede The KKK will always be there for you...Why did Rin do that to her grrr I hate him!!!!!!!!!! that selfish bastard!
Old 2007-12-10, 15:47   Link #39
Incubusknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
*cries* poor Kaede The KKK will always be there for you...Why did Rin do that to her grrr I hate him!!!!!!!!!! that selfish bastard!
Now, now...while he did wrong Kaede to the point that she almost went insane he at least did her a favor by moving out. Imagine how it would of been had he stayed after the last few events of Kaede's arc, so much uneasiness and darkness would of hung over the house hold, and with him still dating Asa it just would of been insult to injury and even over kill on Kaede's emotions.

Anyway what's also sad is she'll probably take a long time to recover from loosing Rin whom became her entire world from which was shattered. I get the feeling that if Shuffle continued there would be a few scenes with her crying herself to sleep, maybe even on Rins old bed. ::Is getting idea's for a fanfiction::

Another thought...

Spoiler for Episode:

That's just my thoughts in that scene.
Incubusknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 22:38   Link #40
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubusknight View Post
Now, now...while he did wrong Kaede to the point that she almost went insane he at least did her a favor by moving out. Imagine how it would of been had he stayed after the last few events of Kaede's arc, so much uneasiness and darkness would of hung over the house hold, and with him still dating Asa it just would of been insult to injury and even over kill on Kaede's emotions.

Anyway what's also sad is she'll probably take a long time to recover from loosing Rin whom became her entire world from which was shattered. I get the feeling that if Shuffle continued there would be a few scenes with her crying herself to sleep, maybe even on Rins old bed. ::Is getting idea's for a fanfiction::

Another thought...

Spoiler for Episode:

That's just my thoughts in that scene.
Jeez if you ask me i think Rin is to blame for what has happened to Kaede, All that time she cared for him, i mean she did everything for him and he didnt appreciate it!!! He was her entire life....and yeah she will take a very long time to recover, i can see her crying herself to sleep on Rins bed....... also on Your thoughts on Ep 21 i thought that aswell and i was so upset and mad.....but shes still alive so theres still hope for her hapiness