AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 22:58   Link #901
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Just wanna point out a minor error; I think Rick meant Tome of the Night Sky and not 7 Nights.
Ah, well, In the spanish subtitled version that I saw, they called the Tome "Tomo de las 7 noches" Wich is Tome of the 7 nights in English

Sorry >.<
Old 2008-09-26, 23:12   Link #902
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I think both Reins and Agito (and Hayate, for that matter) would at least be honorary Wolkenritter if you think of them as a group and not a label applied exclusively to the Guardian Knight system. The idea that the Wolks were human before they were programs is fairly prevalent in the fandom and Signum's connection to Agito seems to imply a past history between them, so logic dictates (going by the Wolks = humans assumption) that before the Wolkenritter were Guardian Knights they were Belkan Knights, perhaps in service to Belka itself (note Signum's title, 'The Flame General'), or perhaps even an extended group with dozens of members long since passed on.

But officially? Nope, it's just the original four.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-09-27, 02:18   Link #903
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You have to remember that Wolkenritter is only a title. It's not what they are. They are guardian programs, that's their biological heritage and that is something Rein and Agito can never be part of. Wolkenritter, however it a title, and everyone can join under a title. Since the Wolkenritter is not limited by heritage, I think we can consider both Rein and Agito to be part of the Wolkenritter. After all, do you really think Hayate would let them be outcasts in their own family?

The only exception is Reinforce I, but that's because she was more of an end-all leader (basically, prior to Hayate the knights were her knights) and died pretty fast after Hayate took over the reigns.

Oh, and Wolkenritter means Cloud Knights, not Cloud Riders.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-09-27 at 06:57.
Old 2008-09-27, 08:39   Link #904
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Has it ever been hinted what Regius' Einherjar project was?
Old 2008-09-27, 09:10   Link #905
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

That ginormically huge cannon in the middle of a desert that was actually a semi-buried immensely massive transformable Macross battle fortress that was unceremoniously destroyed by the Numbers before we even knew what the heck it was that made it a "the all end all" option. Kinda like MI3's "Rabbit Foot".
Old 2008-09-27, 10:14   Link #906
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I read somewhere that it was supposed to be a surface-to-air Arc en Ciel emplacement, presumably with a much lower area of effect so they don't nuke the surface every time they hit something in space.

Of course I might've read that on Outer Cadia, so take the idea with a few grains of salt. The fact that it's a really big gun and Jail wanted it destroyed before the Cradle lifted off seems to indicate that at the least it was probably some sort of surface-to-air defensive emplacement, if not an actual AeC.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-09-27, 11:56   Link #907
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I read somewhere that it was supposed to be a surface-to-air Arc en Ciel emplacement, presumably with a much lower area of effect so they don't nuke the surface every time they hit something in space.

Of course I might've read that on Outer Cadia, so take the idea with a few grains of salt. The fact that it's a really big gun and Jail wanted it destroyed before the Cradle lifted off seems to indicate that at the least it was probably some sort of surface-to-air defensive emplacement, if not an actual AeC.
I agree about the Surface-to-Air theory. Judging from the size and angle of the gun itself, it could be a smaller variant of Arc en Ciel (as you said unless I misunderstood, sorry), or a simple shooter variant, size LARGE.

I just had a thought that it might be a whole new kind of weapon too. Nothing similar exists and that might be a reason why we never find out (unless your information is correct, then this idea fails) what it is.

In any case, it doesn't seem to have a ground function and can only be fired at airborne or orbiting targets, judging from the size and angle.

Old 2008-09-30, 20:06   Link #908
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Has it ever been hinted what Regius' Einherjar project was?
I was just about to ask the same thing...
Old 2008-09-30, 22:04   Link #909
Once and Current Subber

Which makes no sense, if you think about it. Clearly Regius is thinking about it as a way to increase the power and the prestige of the ground forces, in contrast to the "rare skill" users that are his bureaucratic enemy.

But we're talking about, essentially, naval weapon emplacements. If Regius was out of the navy side of the equation, we could maybe understand that - he'd be trained to think of enemy threats as represented by incoming fleets and the like. But he's a general, not an admiral! And not a general in 1910, who might put his faith in the power of mighty fixed emplacements; he's got to deal with threats that can teleport and all of the other fun magical things you can do with an Intelligent Device and a bottle of whiskey. So, er... what's his deal?

The only thing I can think of is that he's banking on the cyborg project to have produced the ground forces that he's looking for; by assuming a larger portion of the "defense" role from the Navy through the Einherjar, that gives him a greater amount of prestige and budget to use for his own projects. But he seems to be banking on it a little too much for the amount of good that it could possibly do there. Maybe it was his anti-Jail ace in the hole, his insurance that Jail wouldn't take the Cradle and do what he ended up doing?
Old 2008-10-01, 03:09   Link #910
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

"Criminals, surrender, or I'll blow up the whole planet! I'm crazy enough to do it!"?
Old 2008-10-01, 03:27   Link #911
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Hey that's probably very valid. If all it took for Belka to rule Midchilda was the Cradle before (and almost again), a powerful anti-ship installment would be the answer.

But I'll keep to my pet theory about it being more than it seems, if only because nothing rules against it, it makes more sense than a cannon buried in the ground, and that it's more fun than a simple reason.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:50   Link #912
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Hi! Here again... so, anybody knows anything about how old Due is? Or when was she created or also how old Jail is? Or I could use also, when was the Saint's genetic data stolen? I'm rewatching StrikerS and I found it pretty weird to see Due present when that old man took the Saint's genetic data. So it was a very recent fact or Jail is older than everyone in the series... help?
Old 2008-10-01, 23:13   Link #913
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The Einhenjar Project was just a cover, basically the public story to feed his political position of strengthening the Ground Forces. But the core of the power will clearly be the Cyborgs which he was supposed to 'discover from a raid.'

It's quite clear that the Combat Cyborgs were what he wanted more so than Einhenjar (( but of course, he's not ignoring Einhenjar as well )), judging from his desire for stronger and more effective manpower, but at the same time, he can't risk openly and publicly supporting a weapons project that has no basis of proven efficiency since development and research are banned, along with human ethics problems. However, if he can utilize 'already existing cyborgs' that were not involved with him, and use the track record to prove the effectiveness of the Cyborgs, then he can move way to legalize it eventually without risking to destroy his political position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Hi! Here again... so, anybody knows anything about how old Due is? Or when was she created or also how old Jail is? Or I could use also, when was the Saint's genetic data stolen? I'm rewatching StrikerS and I found it pretty weird to see Due present when that old man took the Saint's genetic data. So it was a very recent fact or Jail is older than everyone in the series... help?
Due is made in MC 0052, so she is 'technically' 23 as of StrikerS. I say technically, because she doesn't grow up normally. She was '13' when she stole the genetic data. Jail on the other hand, is at least 50 years old... technically as well. He wasn't born normally, and 25 years before StrikerS, he looked exactly the same he does now when he first wrote the cyborg thesis.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2008-10-01 at 23:25.
Old 2008-10-02, 05:17   Link #914
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

So that giant thing in the desert was a fake structure? Then why did Jail go out of the way to smash it?
Old 2008-10-02, 05:19   Link #915
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I guess since it was a sort of "Monument of Power", destroying it would hit the morale of the troops under Regius. It didn't matter if it was fake, since the troops didn't know it was. (I think.)

Old 2008-10-02, 05:58   Link #916
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Einherjahr was a very real project (there were several of them, by the way) it's just that it was only a decoy.
Old 2008-10-02, 21:07   Link #917
Gladius_Lucix

Nanoha's Extended Family

Did any of the StrikerS sound stages mention whether Kyouya or Miyuki had any children?
Old 2008-10-03, 02:33   Link #918
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Nope. IIRC they only mentioned that Kyouya works in german.
Old 2008-10-03, 04:35   Link #919
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Which makes no sense, if you think about it. Clearly Regius is thinking about it as a way to increase the power and the prestige of the ground forces, in contrast to the "rare skill" users that are his bureaucratic enemy.

But we're talking about, essentially, naval weapon emplacements. If Regius was out of the navy side of the equation, we could maybe understand that - he'd be trained to think of enemy threats as represented by incoming fleets and the like. But he's a general, not an admiral! And not a general in 1910, who might put his faith in the power of mighty fixed emplacements; he's got to deal with threats that can teleport and all of the other fun magical things you can do with an Intelligent Device and a bottle of whiskey. So, er... what's his deal?

The only thing I can think of is that he's banking on the cyborg project to have produced the ground forces that he's looking for; by assuming a larger portion of the "defense" role from the Navy through the Einherjar, that gives him a greater amount of prestige and budget to use for his own projects. But he seems to be banking on it a little too much for the amount of good that it could possibly do there. Maybe it was his anti-Jail ace in the hole, his insurance that Jail wouldn't take the Cradle and do what he ended up doing?
Well, I'm not so sure it is only that. Sure, it can be used in an antiship function, but it probably does have a anti-ground ability.

Given its size and the potential available in a fixed installation, if Regius wished it, there seems little reason it can't produce AOE radiuses similar to the Arc, which is what, over 100km?

Given that, even with a LOS weapon, it is possible to engage ground targets out to over 1000km. At 100km altitude, distance to the horizon on an Earth-sized planet is 1133.84km. Near the range limits, it would only graze the surface and produce a relatively small radius on the ground, but it'll still beat even crack mages by a lightyear.

In fact, regardless of range, the engagement will probably be set to grazing (along with using the lowest feasible power) to reduce ground collateral damage.

And if you assume the weapon can exploit ballistics, the engagement possibilities become even wider. No, Einherjar is likely one of the smarter TSAB weapons ideas (which ain't saying much, admittedly)...
Old 2008-10-03, 08:02   Link #920
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

You must be joking. You want to use a weapon with a 100 kilometer area of effect against SURFACE TARGETS on your HOME PLANET? That would be like the US army setting up nuclear missile silos designed to nuke stuff on American soil; Regius may be a prick and a bureaucrat, but he's not stupid enough to try something like that, and I sincerely doubt the people of Mid-Childa would approve of having a weapon like that anywhere within range of them, much less just outside the planet's capital city; you'd be seeing NIMBY movements and riots all over the place as soon as word got out about it. And I sincerely doubt a weapon that destroys its' targets by warping time/space has a "stun setting" so to speak.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Closed Thread