AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 25 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 18.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-13, 04:48   Link #321
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, I know that her Wing-Road rip-off is Air Liner, but I'm not exactly sure what her IS, Break Liner ACTUALLY does.

So, Nove's overall ability (( Air Liner + Gun Knuckle + Jet Edge mastery aka Shooting Arts rip-off )) = Break Liner?
Isn't her IS's ability to break formations? Especially in the front lines

If the Numbers had managed to get to the Ground Force's line of defense, her IS would easily create opening for the other Numbers to attack...I think
Old 2007-09-13, 05:01   Link #322
arkhangelsk

Talking about breaking through...
Spoiler for Ep24:
Old 2007-09-13, 05:14   Link #323
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

maybe they're broken?
Spoiler for controller:

Is Vivio's ability a psychic ability?...looks like she's just tossing Nanoha anywhere around the throne room's walls...those cracks on the walls don't look like cracks that would be a result of energy blasts being fired.

EDIT: looks like Zest might not die in StrikerS anytime soon then...and it might be surprising if he takes over Regius' place as general of the ground forces.
And since Zest was a very strong fighter and Signum likes challenges in strong fighters, might there be some ZestXSignum??...hhmmm

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-09-13 at 15:05.
Old 2007-09-13, 19:37   Link #324
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

And Zest is now technically immortal thanks to the relic planted in him...but he and Signum wont have mini Belkan knights
Old 2007-09-13, 20:11   Link #325
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

No, it had been repeatedly reinforced that Zest's time in the world is coming to its end real soon. Let's not forget that he was a failure as an Artificial Mage/Experimental Relic Weapon.

Unless Jail can somehow restore or repair his failure through his newfound success, (( since Vivio is a complete success )) Zest is definitely going to die. Maybe not by the end of this battle, but I'll be damned if the way they're implying, (( cannot use Agito's fire anymore )) he'll last more than another month or 2.

At best, we'll most likely see his funeral or deathbed scenario at Episode 26. I mean, they've got to show him passing on (( or giving back to the original Lord if his speculation is true )) Agito to Signum AT LEAST through whatever method (( dying knight's last request most likely )) he'll convince both parties for a mutual agreement. (( I've pretty much got little hope on them showing Auris, Lutecia, Genya, and maybe the Nakajima daughters meeting him one last time... because it should happen, dammit! ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-13, 22:31   Link #326
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

man, thats sad for Zest and in the end, he was a pretty good knight, without much of revenge in his mind... although it would be cool for Zest to take over Regius' position.
Old 2007-09-14, 01:33   Link #327
Tormenk

On the topic of Zest, strange that he would hang around the same people that killed him for so long. Although Lutecia probably is the only reason why he does so.
Old 2007-09-14, 04:02   Link #328
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

so was it Regius' fault that Zest and Alpito got killed in that mission during the flashback?
I mean, I'm still trying to figure out what was Zest's reason to seeing Regius before his time runs out.
And since Zest is a failed Artificial Mage/Experimental Relic Weapon, Lutecia must be the result of a successful experiment then.
Old 2007-09-14, 04:48   Link #329
Tormenk

Well it's partially Regius' fault Zest's unit got killed. His order to reassign Zest's unit came too late. Zest decided to check out the lab before the order came and went in. The defending Numbers and stealth drones killed his unit and Regius came to know the news only when Jail showed him Zest's body.

As for wanting to see Regius, Zest wanted to know if Regius gave the order to exterminate his unit. As he said, he did not care for himself but to seek a reason why his subordinate were killed as well.

Him being a failed Artificial Mage/Experimental Relic Weapon is probably due to his health, since his powers in his weakened state is clearly a match for Vita and Signum.
Perhaps his body didn't accept the implanted relic entirely hence the 'failure' while Lutecia certainly didn't show signs of that.

That said, I don't think Zest or Lutecia displayed any powers of being a Relic Weapon.
Old 2007-09-14, 04:52   Link #330
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Well it's partially Regius' fault Zest's unit got killed. His order to reassign Zest's unit came too late. Zest decided to check out the lab before the order came and went in. The defending Numbers and stealth drones killed his unit and Regius came to know the news only when Jail showed him Zest's body.

As for wanting to see Regius, Zest wanted to know if Regius gave the order to exterminate his unit. As he said, he did not care for himself but to seek a reason why his subordinate were killed as well.

Him being a failed Artificial Mage/Experimental Relic Weapon is probably due to his health, since his powers in his weakened state is clearly a match for Vita and Signum.
Perhaps his body didn't accept the implanted relic entirely hence the 'failure' while Lutecia certainly didn't show signs of that.

That said, I don't think Zest or Lutecia displayed any powers of being a Relic Weapon.
oh ok now I understand what happened during that flashback and Zest's meeting with Regius, thanks for the info...as for signs of Relic weapon powers, I guess there's no sign...maybe the relics are one of the key essentials to making Artificial Mages.
And the reason why Zest was a S+ ranked mage...maybe because he was a relic weapon.
Anyways, I don't think we all have a clear idea on what exactly does a relic do.
Old 2007-09-14, 11:33   Link #331
hound297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
oh ok now I understand what happened during that flashback and Zest's meeting with Regius, thanks for the info...as for signs of Relic weapon powers, I guess there's no sign...maybe the relics are one of the key essentials to making Artificial Mages.
And the reason why Zest was a S+ ranked mage...maybe because he was a relic weapon.
Anyways, I don't think we all have a clear idea on what exactly does a relic do.
Maybe it is a kind of "source of life force" for artificial life forms? I mean, look at those numbers - each with an indivisual relic being implanted in them. It is also revealed that lutecia's mum need relic 11 to be revived... But hey! Does this means that if we take out their relics, we snuff out their life??
Old 2007-09-14, 11:36   Link #332
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Er... the Numbers are NOT powered by Relics.

Relics are linked to Relic Weapon/Artificial Mage Program, and has nothing to do whatsoever with Combat Cyborgs.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-14, 11:41   Link #333
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Also look at Vivio. Up until she was captured she didn't have a relic in her, yet she was able to live and weld dorment power (I believe sister Schlch, (forgot how to spell her name) said that the girl was no imediate threat but that she was powerful to some extent. It might mean that the relics unlock/amplify dorment magic in the user and that they can still live without them just powerless (or unable to weld the power they have...)
Old 2007-09-14, 22:04   Link #334
hound297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
Also look at Vivio. Up until she was captured she didn't have a relic in her, yet she was able to live and weld dorment power (I believe sister Schlch, (forgot how to spell her name) said that the girl was no imediate threat but that she was powerful to some extent. It might mean that the relics unlock/amplify dorment magic in the user and that they can still live without them just powerless (or unable to weld the power they have...)
So... it is safe to assume that the relics are actually a kind of key to unlock your full potential as long as your body does not rejects them?
Old 2007-09-14, 22:17   Link #335
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound297 View Post
So... it is safe to assume that the relics are actually a kind of key to unlock your full potential as long as your body does not rejects them?
The ancient Velkan kings use relics as a way to 'power-up' themselves. So rather than 'full-potential', they're going for 'super-human'.
Old 2007-09-14, 22:21   Link #336
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

At this point, we'll most likely have to accept that this will be the most in-depth on Relic explanation (( after so much hype went into its l33tness )) we'll ever get in-series unless Acous's going to do a "Once upon a time, Jail-" in Episode 25 or 26.

Else, looks like waiting for the last DVD's booklet translations is the only way to really know clearly what are Relics.

Old 2007-09-15, 02:29   Link #337
ShoShinjo
Nanoha fan... FROM HELL!!

Send a message via MSN to ShoShinjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Else, looks like waiting for the last DVD's booklet translations is the only way to really know clearly what are Relics.
That's a shame, I also wanted to know what a Relic is. As far as I have understood, a Relic is the crystalized form of a high concentration of energy that grants its wielder the power to make any of their wishes come true via the enormous raw power the gem has. Now, the detail is that we don't know approximately how many energy is stored on a single Relic (because forms of using it are in abundance, from boosting magical power to unlimited levels to having a "new" form of energy generation).
Old 2007-09-15, 02:43   Link #338
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoShinjo View Post
As far as I have understood, a Relic is the crystalized form of a high concentration of energy that grants its wielder the power to make any of their wishes come true via the enormous raw power the gem has.
I think you meant the Jewel Seeds since we haven't seen Relics grant anyone's wish in StrikerS so far.
Old 2007-09-15, 02:52   Link #339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoShinjo View Post
That's a shame, I also wanted to know what a Relic is. As far as I have understood, a Relic is the crystalized form of a high concentration of energy that grants its wielder the power to make any of their wishes come true via the enormous raw power the gem has. Now, the detail is that we don't know approximately how many energy is stored on a single Relic (because forms of using it are in abundance, from boosting magical power to unlimited levels to having a "new" form of energy generation).
*wave hand in a no-no motion*

No no, none of that was ever said, with the exception of "crystalized form of a high concentration of energy".

Hell, they don't even seem to be that powerful... Unless of course Vivio is the only one who could successfully use it...
Old 2007-09-15, 02:56   Link #340
ShoShinjo
Nanoha fan... FROM HELL!!

Send a message via MSN to ShoShinjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I think you meant the Jewel Seeds since we haven't seen Relics grant anyone's wish in StrikerS so far.
Now that you mention it, yeah, it sounded more like of a Jewel Seed XD But anyway, it's the impression I have from the Relics. Other than moving the Saint Cradle and powering up the Royal Belkan Family, the Relics haven't been used at all. And if the Relics are indeed a source of energy, they can be used to control everything. I don't remember where I heard it: "those who control great energy sources can control it all", just see those that have control over fossil combustible and such >>

Anyway, that's just speculation, I really hope that we can know exactly what is a Relic (or a Lost Logia in general...)

Last edited by ShoShinjo; 2007-09-15 at 02:58. Reason: a letter or two missing xP
Closed Thread