AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-05-13, 20:50   Link #1
Happy_Chip

Audio issues in Eden of the East, ep 5??

Hello
I've watched Eden of the East, episode 5 (both Desire's and GG's sub), and I think I have an issue...

At approx. 15:00 onwards, Saki is in the washroom stall, and she overhears the other two employees talking.

But from approx. 15:06 to 15:15, there are subtitles - the other two employees are still talking - but I hear no dialogue from them. There is sound, but I can't here the other two people talking even though there are subtitles on the screen.

Again, this is true for the two different groups' releases. I've tried this with Media Player classic, SMPlayer and VLC media player.

Is there spoken dialogue at that point? (Can anyone else here the two characters continue talking?) Do I have a codec issue or something like that?

Thanks for your help
Old 2009-05-14, 12:37   Link #2
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Works here, no idea why it wouldn't work for you. faad doesn't complain about the AAC in question either.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2009-05-14, 13:24   Link #3
Happy_Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Works here, no idea why it wouldn't work for you. faad doesn't complain about the AAC in question either.
Just so I'm 100% clear: from 15:06 to 15:15 , you hear spoken dialogue?

For instance one character mentions something about Saki thinking, she could get a job using connections. I read this on the subtitles but I hear nothing spoken.

EDIT: you're right, thank you. I went to Youtube and watched that part of episode 5. There is spoke dialogue for those lines. Now, I just have to figure out why I'm not hearing it.

I'll look at my cabling, maybe a speaker wire is disconnected or something ...

Last edited by Happy_Chip; 2009-05-14 at 13:34. Reason: new data
Old 2009-05-14, 13:35   Link #4
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Chip View Post
For instance one character mentions something about Saki thinking, she could get a job using connections. I read this on the subtitles but I hear nothing spoken.
There is dialogue there, so it must be a problem on your end.
Old 2009-05-14, 14:03   Link #5
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

If you are referring on the scene in the ladies toilet with the two females gossiping, the voices work for me through streams (Veoh streams more accurately). If you insist on hearing voices for some reason, I'm recommending watching that one minute-long scene through one of those sites.
Old 2009-05-14, 16:25   Link #6
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Chip View Post
Just so I'm 100% clear: from 15:06 to 15:15 , you hear spoken dialogue?

EDIT: you're right, thank you. I went to Youtube and watched that part of episode 5. There is spoke dialogue for those lines. Now, I just have to figure out why I'm not hearing it.

I'll look at my cabling, maybe a speaker wire is disconnected or something ...
It's probably your speaker isn't loud enough be cause there is spoken dialogue but it's quieter because it's coming from outside the bathroom. I can hear it just fine myself though. Don't know why you can hear it on youtube and not your other players though.
Old 2009-05-14, 18:59   Link #7
Happy_Chip

I'm a n00b:

- PC at home had the speaker wire for the left channel disconnected (my PC audio out goes to a stereo amp which powers 2 speakers). When the two OL's are gossiping they're off to the left and the sound comes through the left channel. When I reconnected the wire it was OK

-I was able to hear it on Youtube because I was at work and listening through my headphones.

Thanks anyway to all, because I was concerned I had some kind of audio codec issue with audio tracks dropping out...