AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-22, 15:13   Link #381
nicky.
animesuki

I'm surprised the redhead and MC haven't slept together yet.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 15:14   Link #382
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky. View Post
You do know Selesia already has a special someone, right? And it's not Souta...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 15:21   Link #383
nicky.
animesuki

Yes lol. It's the one next to her in the poster that appeared in the episode, right?
Old 2017-04-22, 15:24   Link #384
_Ninja_

Quote:
Have you been watching anime long? That is the least surprising thing. Entire seasons pass and maybe characters get to hold hands at the end.

The one in your avatar is a prime example of anime romance.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 15:26   Link #385
RDNexus

Quote:
Yes lol. It's the one next to her in the poster that appeared in the episode, right?
To what do you actually pay attention when watching a story?
Your questions suggest that you're not paying proper attention to what you're watching...

And yes, it's the guy next to her.
Old 2017-04-22, 15:27   Link #386
nicky.
animesuki

I just used that my avatar because it was cute. lol
I have watched the 3 episodes of re:creators so far, yes.
Old 2017-04-22, 16:35   Link #387
magnuskn

Well, this episode clearly was about establishing more ground rules for the setting. I wonder if they'll somehow be able to upgrade Selessia, even with their current failures to do so.

It's too bad that Selessia's injuries (which they made a point of early in the episode) then just disappeared. Then again, they said that she is built more sturdy than normal humans.

Also, a very interesting aspect is that the senses of taste, smell and probably most others are better in the "real" world of Sota for the imported characters. Shades of Log Horizon, only in reverse. It makes sense that the characters and their worlds are stunted by the limits of imagination of their creators.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2017-04-22 at 16:46.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 17:16   Link #388
ReddyRedWolf

This story is amazing!

Yuya may be a villain in his game but he is more of an anti-hero type. Oh yeah he can adjust better than the girls as his world is based on reality only having super powers. He recognizes Humans are his creators but recognizes well they are still ordinary humans not grandiose gods as MUP put it.

Can't help but think of Kamen Rider Decade where his purpose is to refresh the Kamen Riders stories in the minds of people but with revised characters. Creators aren't the only ones responsible for how a character is in reality but public perception. Damn that reminds me of the Never Ending Story where it depends on the reader's IMAGINATION! . There is also the element of belief by humanity hence popularity being a factor. In other stories like Merlin peoples belief in magic made magic real. In Dresden Files peoples perception of what wizards should be or what is popular at the time affects how their magic interacts with the world. In Nasuverse Fate Stay Night franchise legends of a heroic spirit affect their status.

On MUP she is either talking to or reminiscing memories of Setsuna who apparently knows Sota. Setsuna is likely the glasses girl that suicides. So there is the possibility that she is here some sort of Self Insert character or reincarnation of Setsuna.

Mamika she is confused. Reality doesn't work like her world. Never before has her beliefs been challenged. Now she is spying on MUP. Is she questioning the choices she made?

I find Celesia's daughter-father relationship with her author amusing.

Meteora on the other hand can only wish her creators gave her as much depth. Marine will help her meet her creator.

Marine I've seen her character design before. Are we sure she isn't Itami's ex-wife? She even offer her home for Celesia and Meteora to stay. But... Spoilers! She really needs to be mindful of that. She is nice enough to offer her home so the girls wont other Sota as much.

Sota feels is just bystander but he isn't as said he has a connection to MUP and Setsuna. Being around characters and their creators will probably shake him away from his ennui get his creative juices going.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2017-04-22 at 18:40.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 17:21   Link #389
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

This series is being streamed on Amazon in English markets, yes? How do the official subtitles spell Selesia's name?
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 17:30   Link #390
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
This story is amazing!
I haven't been as pumped for new episodes in quite a long time, at least in regards to anime. Game of Thrones is probably the only other series since Macross Frontier which elicited as much glee from me when another episode arrives.

And funny you should mention the Dresden Files, I've been musing how Harry would react to being transported to our world.
Old 2017-04-22, 17:38   Link #391
nicky.
animesuki

I'm not sure what is getting you guys pumped for new episodes at this point in time. Nothing cool has really happened yet.
Old 2017-04-22, 17:48   Link #392
RDNexus

Cool stuff will surely make it even better, but what has been shown of the plot, the characters and their interactions has been so enticing so far, it's totally become one of the series I'm always eagerly waiting for the following episode
Old 2017-04-22, 17:55   Link #393
Blueknight78

after watch the 3 episodes i gonna say which for now i'm love with this serie, it's really, really a "refreshing serie".

basically a "reverse isekai" in a smarth way to talk about anime/manga well the entertainment universe, how fans are importants the creator the characters, i really wish more series could be more like that and less "generic".

which again can be "sad" since due to this serie not being "enough generic" can means "low sales", which is bad since that "otakus most of the times creep tastes which lead to good shows/series gettind underplayed/axxed just because they where not "enought cliche/generic" for the otakus.

i have a theory about the plot, setsuna and the mc where friends and they where trying to "become mangakas" then probably they ended failing then setsuna could not burder the failure and ended finishing her own life, mup is a creation by them and from the universe they tried to sell, but it ended axxed then somehow she gained conscience and life and find about her being just a character and her creator ended dying due to "poor" reviews on the serie then mup using her power is bring the characters from the other world to get revenge over setsuna death and her "world" being discontinued, she want her world back at popularity and will use the others worlds characters to do that.

a really good and refreshing anime, i really, really hope it get enough "good sales" to at last not be a "bomb" and pay itself and maybe also hope for a big sale and maybe another season or more writers can look at this and try to be "really refresh" and not just another "almost clone" generic serie with just little changes here and there, serious the otaku market really need to stop to be "so strick when comes to "generic" and give us more good things which look really refresh and not just a "overuse of the same theme for the sake of "sales" and some "creep tastes".

looking foward for the others episodes.
Old 2017-04-22, 17:56   Link #394
magnuskn

Quote:
I'm not sure what is getting you guys pumped for new episodes at this point in time. Nothing cool has really happened yet.
The premise is very interesting and is something I have been musing about for years now. The plot so far addresses exactly the type of questions one would raise in regards to the premise and does so in an intelligent, thoughtful way. Also, it is totally unclear for now where the series is going, which makes it more interesting because you cannot predict things as easily as with more conventional series.

Aside from that, I like the characters, I really like the soundtrack and I think the action scenes were done quite well, too. I really liked Gunpuku's fighting style with her cavalry sabers. And that different fighting techniques and power levels are clashing in the way they are.

So, by combination of all those factors, this is a series which is really exciting to me.
Old 2017-04-22, 17:59   Link #395
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This episode was excellent.

I was impressed by how logical Yuya's conviction of the situation was.

And the whole bit about mass impression on consumers playing a strong factor into why certain characters were there, from which mediums they arrived from (anime vs. novel/manga), and what abilities and knowledge they did or did not have access to makes so much damned sense. I love that angle, as opposed to just going with "just a simple little revision and we're done".

The ending also surprised me. I did have a theory for a while that Souta and Suicide Girl specifically were somehow related (if that is indeed who Setsuna is).

I really continue to look forward to this every week!

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2017-04-22 at 18:32.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 18:26   Link #396
nicky.
animesuki

I swear, there must be something missing from the episodes I'm getting because I have seen no "suicide girl" at all yet.

Yes magnus, I do agree that it is a cool idea. I know if I'd call the whole 'the fans' minds shape who the characters are' thoughtful. Sounds like a plot convenience to cover your tracks.
Why do you think it would under perform in sales? It might not be a huge hit, sure, but it's looking fine to me
Old 2017-04-22, 18:31   Link #397
RDNexus

OK, it's official, you're really not paying attention to relevant details.
Dear goodness, Suicide Girl is the girl that jumped in front of a train right on the first minute of the first episode.
What the heck are you actually watching?
Old 2017-04-22, 18:38   Link #398
nicky.
animesuki

Ok I'll literally go rewatch them. Maybe some things were too subtle to pick up on.
Old 2017-04-22, 18:52   Link #399
nicky.
animesuki

I watched the opening and ending scenes of the first episode over again and saw what you mean now. The first time through that, I had no idea she off'd herself. There wasn't a visual or audio cue; it looked like she was getting on the train..
Old 2017-04-22, 19:11   Link #400
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
My guess is that the changes to a chracter won't work unless it's actually published.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning