Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-13, 19:35   Link #901
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Um, I think you misread that scene. Basically, they just saved Alisteria from being literally impaled on the spear of her own hubris.
Actually, you're right. I misundersood her powers. Very interesting power. But one that has a very simple counter: don't talk to her. I wonder if anyone will figure that out. Also, HELL YEAH MAMIKA!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 20:27   Link #902
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I'm pretty sure Alice was going to lose though...Honestly Alice seems like the worst person to fight against someone who literally uses lies and wordplay. Now it would have actually helped them out quite a bit to have Alice basically kill herself...but don't think they'd be interested in going that route with it either.
Yeah, Alice is too proud and stubborn. She think she's on the side of absolute justice and everyone else is wrong so she feels like anything a bad person says is garbage or full of lies. Alice is not naive like Mamika, but her zeal is her weakness. This is probably why both Alice and Mamika get along so well. Now that I think about, both Alice and Mamika's personalities are very easy to manipulate.

It is because of Alice's personality that she pretty much almost fell into Magane's trap twice, but Mamika and Celestia both intervered at both times when Magane was trying to use her powers on Alice.
Old 2017-05-13, 20:40   Link #903
Albel VII

This episode was fun. I like Megane a lot, but I don't like the way the show is presenting her power. Her magic seems to work based on the very simple principle that if one claims that a lie is not true, than one is saying the truth in a way. And if one accepts a lie as truth but lies about it then one is also saying the truth in a way. Actually, forget this, thinking about it more, I've realised I'm not sure how her power works. Anyway! Megane basically says before activating her powers that a lie about a lie is the truth. (Not exactly that, but that's the point.) That's cool, however, a lie requires intention thus the knowledge of the truth, or something believed as the truth. If one doesn't have the intention to lie, but still not providing the correct information then one is just simply wrong, So her opponents aren't exactly lying to her. Not to mention that it's debateble if Megane herself is actually lying or not as she kinda expects her "lie" to become truth.

Basically my problem is that Megane's chant thingie doesn't properly describe what's actually happening. Which is funny considering her power involves playing with language. Although she maybe says it that way bacause it sounds shorter and way cooler than a proper descripiton.

Megane's power can be formidable even if they stop talking to her, as she might be able to summon monsters or even granting herself powers in advance with it.

By the way, Altair kinda said in the first episode that her plan needs a lot of fighters to clash, right? I wonder why is Blitz trying to kill Meteora so soon?

Quote:
One thing I want to bring to you guys attention, it is pretty obvious by now that the side of Selesia and Meteora are not only getting their ass kicked a bit, but have been suffering from battle damage way more obviously than their opponents. Maybe by accepting the creators reality, you open yourself being damaged like you'd be in the real world, too?
To be fair, Selesia and Meteora hasn't landed a single clean hit yet. All of their attacks have been dodged or blocked so far if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Assuming she can create (or restore?) things, though - the MUP may only be able to destroy things?
I think she can also restore things, She said in the first episode that her power has something to do with the power of reincarnation and as such she can turn life to dust, and dust to life or something like that.

Last edited by Albel VII; 2017-05-13 at 22:40. Reason: added more information, crossing unsure stuff
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 20:51   Link #904
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

If that magical girl stays true to herself, that crazy girl who turns lies into reality will stand no chance against her... IMO.

After so many episodes, it's nice to have some action once again!

It's also nice to have our first "confirmed" death. Even if it's a random person, it "proves" that they are willing to kill people, which is good to keep the tension around.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 21:45   Link #905
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albel VII View Post

By the way, Altair kinda said in the first episode that her plan needs a lot of fighters to clash, right? I wonder why is Blitz trying to kill Meteora so soon?
I think it's more of his character, being ruthlessly pragmatic - "the only good opponent is a dead opponent" mentality.
We'll still need more background on his story though.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 23:00   Link #906
HtwoN

The similarity between Alice and Saber is so apparent.

Great episode. I love the new girl. Character interactions are on point.

The fact that the government sending agents to follow our characters is just icing on the cake.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 23:14   Link #907
Random14

Funny that Meteora tries to call for permission to use a more powerful skill in the middle of the battle, but guess she's taking the terms of their agreement with the government very seriously. Poor Selesia, being thrown around so much, but they're probably setting it up so that Selesia will get the first new Creator power-up (maybe rush an OVA episode with her getting new powers or something). Even if she could get her mech back, everyone would probably prefer she not use it (collateral damage and all), which is probably also why they're just keeping Rui under observation. Wonder if Mamika would be his type.

I'm curious if Mamika will permanently change sides here or if its just temporary. Before she was just naive, but sometimes things are just that simple- she can't simply stand by while someone is killed, even if that person is technically their enemy. Alice and Blitz will do whatever is necessary to change their worlds. Blitz seems somewhat aware of the potential consequences while Alice is just desperate, which makes her the perfect pawn for the MUP, a blunt instrument.

That new Creation is scary. If Yuya could be called chaotic neutral, she's chaotic evil. (No idea if I'm using those alignment terms properly, I'm just guessing.) They need to read up on her abilities fast. And I hope Sota doesn't sit on that secret too long. MUP did recognize him so there's something there. Nice to see almost all the major characters in one place fighting, now to see how the fight ends. They've tried negotiations but that failed, maybe if/when reality starts falling apart Alice will be more willing to listen.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 23:20   Link #908
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
If that magical girl stays true to herself, that crazy girl who turns lies into reality will stand no chance against her... IMO.

After so many episodes, it's nice to have some action once again!

It's also nice to have our first "confirmed" death. Even if it's a random person, it "proves" that they are willing to kill people, which is good to keep the tension around.
I don't think any main character will die in the first 12 episodes.

However, I expect shit will hit the fan in the second part of the show. Some main characters will die, sooner or later.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 23:21   Link #909
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Funny that Meteora tries to call for permission to use a more powerful skill in the middle of the battle, but guess she's taking the terms of their agreement with the government very seriously. Poor Selesia, being thrown around so much, but they're probably setting it up so that Selesia will get the first new Creator power-up (maybe rush an OVA episode with her getting new powers or something). Even if she could get her mech back, everyone would probably prefer she not use it (collateral damage and all), which is probably also why they're just keeping Rui under observation. Wonder if Mamika would be his type.

I'm curious if Mamika will permanently change sides here or if its just temporary. Before she was just naive, but sometimes things are just that simple- she can't simply stand by while someone is killed, even if that person is technically their enemy. Alice and Blitz will do whatever is necessary to change their worlds. Blitz seems somewhat aware of the potential consequences while Alice is just desperate, which makes her the perfect pawn for the MUP, a blunt instrument.

That new Creation is scary. If Yuya could be called chaotic neutral, she's chaotic evil. (No idea if I'm using those alignment terms properly, I'm just guessing.) They need to read up on her abilities fast. And I hope Sota doesn't sit on that secret too long. MUP did recognize him so there's something there. Nice to see almost all the major characters in one place fighting, now to see how the fight ends. They've tried negotiations but that failed, maybe if/when reality starts falling apart Alice will be more willing to listen.
honestly speaking i didn't buy yuya being the "final boss" comment he did, he look much more like the "mc rival" character or anti-hero, because remember how he was wanting to see mc face and all his "friends" of this new world, how could be fun??, i feel which he is really not even close to evil, just the "ikki" or vegitta (while he was still adapting to living in earth and being more annoying and pretending to be evil, while bulma was still working on his tame), he so far don't did a single evil thing or something you could call evil or even chaotic, so far he was being very like ruy, just having fun on this new world, ofcourse i can be wrong, but so far he really don't look like someone really want to do troubles or even to easy go doing crap things.
Old 2017-05-13, 23:46   Link #910
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
honestly speaking i didn't buy yuya being the "final boss" comment he did, he look much more like the "mc rival" character or anti-hero, because remember how he was wanting to see mc face and all his "friends" of this new world, how could be fun??, i feel which he is really not even close to evil, just the "ikki" or vegitta (while he was still adapting to living in earth and being more annoying and pretending to be evil, while bulma was still working on his tame), he so far don't did a single evil thing or something you could call evil or even chaotic, so far he was being very like ruy, just having fun on this new world, ofcourse i can be wrong, but so far he really don't look like someone really want to do troubles or even to easy go doing crap things.
Well the last fight in Naruto was between Naruto and Sasuke.... sooooo
Old 2017-05-14, 00:00   Link #911
Applehell

Jesus, while I could handle it in the last 2 episodes because of the context, but the dialogue this week was horribly long winded even for this show! Circular sophomoric arguments about "Justice" is last thing I wanted to hear about, at least not 15 minutes of it. The last 5 minutes should have happened a lot eariler, as it was definitely the best part of this episode. Aside from the over the top Fem!Orochimaru antics anyway.

I next week is not nearly as slow.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 01:05   Link #912
ReddyRedWolf

Hopefully in the aftermath the government create measures to ensure their agents safety as well as rules of engagement.

Smart phones are nice but they needed hands free communication so ear receivers are needed to be constantly in touch with agents. Also what are the rules of engagement in containing villains and those on MUP's side.

I believe besides the present Creators and Sota the government needs to form a taskforce of knowledgeable Otaku experts like that dude over at the Ministry of Agriculture who wrote about Gundam in wikipedia as consultants. So that agents won't go in blind like what happened here.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2017-05-14 at 01:17.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 01:05   Link #913
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Circular sophomoric arguments about "Justice" is last thing I wanted to hear about, at least not 15 minutes of it.
Except that said circular sophomoric statements aren't just put out as filler dialogue here: it's used to great effect to establish both Magane's pragmatism, as well as reinforcing the issue of Aliceteria's stubbornness, further solidifying their characters. It's not even a hard-to-follow conversation, thus it doesn't get too needlessly wordy.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 02:03   Link #914
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Funny that Meteora tries to call for permission to use a more powerful skill in the middle of the battle, but guess she's taking the terms of their agreement with the government very seriously.
IIRC it's not exactly a skill, but a machine/gattling gun that Meteora "borrowed" from the JSDF which she keeps for emergency situation (she hasn't used it before but its amongst the weapons that Kikuchihara listed). Since it's still a property of JSDF, she honored her word to Kikuchihara to ask permision first before using it. I swear the whole thing is a riff of Shin Godzilla scene where the pilot of Japan's Cobra-Copter squad still needed to ask permission to SecDef & Prime Minister to shoot his machine guns & missiles to Godzilla who was standing right in front of him . But the twist here is that Meteora's communication with the authority got cut off as she was blown by the enemy. Sometimes, bureaucracy can kill you, literally .
Old 2017-05-14, 02:10   Link #915
Wingsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I had a feeling this would happen. I'd say that plot-wise, it's still too early to reveal MUP's identity to the other characters.
However, character-wise, it makes sense that Souta didn't do it. The flashbacks are hints regarding how deep Souta was involved with MUP's creator.

Somehow I think he may have something to do with girl killing herself.
He's just too freaked out about it.
Wingsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 02:44   Link #916
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Except that said circular sophomoric statements aren't just put out as filler dialogue here: it's used to great effect to establish both Magane's pragmatism, as well as reinforcing the issue of Aliceteria's stubbornness, further solidifying their characters. It's not even a hard-to-follow conversation, thus it doesn't get too needlessly wordy.
It was pretty fillery to me. Better shows have done what your saying in half as much time. This also goes for this show itself i.e the Alice and Mamika scenes. Even partway through conversation the Alice had resolved herself to fight Magane because if the differences in ideology but letting her go on and on for some reason. It's not like they were having nuanced laden dialogue with layers here. Like I said before the earlier have rather long interactions themselves but I got more out of them then I did here and they didn't make the plot feel like it was getting dragged there. So I not like I had that big of an issue with this show being wordy until now. I do have limits when comes to this unless the series really well written to pull that off.
Old 2017-05-14, 03:04   Link #917
magnuskn

Quote:
It was pretty fillery to me. Better shows have done what your saying in half as much time. This also goes for this show itself i.e the Alice and Mamika scenes. Even partway through conversation the Alice had resolved herself to fight Magane because if the differences in ideology but letting her go on and on for some reason. It's not like they were having nuanced laden dialogue with layers here. Like I said before the earlier have rather long interactions themselves but I got more out of them then I did here and they didn't make the plot feel like it was getting dragged there. So I not like I had that big of an issue with this show being wordy until now. I do have limits when comes to this unless the series really well written to pull that off.
It's well written enough for me. If you have so much better shows, well, you can always watch them instead.
Old 2017-05-14, 03:14   Link #918
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Even partway through conversation the Alice had resolved herself to fight Magane because if the differences in ideology but letting her go on and on for some reason.
That's because Magane kept talking and baiting Alice to engage in roundabout arguments. I mean, watch the episode again. Alice was as annoyed with the back-and-forth with Magane as much as you .
Old 2017-05-14, 03:45   Link #919
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's because Magane kept talking and baiting Alice to engage in roundabout arguments. I mean, watch the episode again. Alice was as annoyed with the back-and-forth with Magane as much as you .
And that was the whole meaning behind the conversation, Magane was baiting her.
She fights with words, the topic didn't matter. Magane was simply guiding the conversation in such a way that it would lead to a fight, that way she can create a condition where her ability can be used.

I assume her weakness are surprise attacks and opponents that don't talk back/answer...

...kind of like Hero Academia's Hitoshi Shinso
Old 2017-05-14, 03:46   Link #920
Applehell

Quote:
It's well written enough for me. If you have so much better shows, well, you can always watch them instead.
Not sure how you got from my post citing what I felt was a flaw in the episode equal to me disliking the whole show but okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Of course she was annoyed, that was obivious, but Alice willingly engaged in that back and forth even after making up her mind without any self-awareness of the fact anyway. It did not felt like the tedium on the viewer was intentional. Because of it very little happened in this episode, and I can't even justify this being 2 cours as an excuse.

I just hope next week is better because of now this was the weakest episode so far.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning