AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-11, 12:05   Link #181
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Just think logically. Both WA VNs are popular but first anime bombed hard. Why would they make 30+ eps series to cover all the plot at once. Most clever would be to make 12-13 eps for IC and only if it would sale make more
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 13:07   Link #182
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
For Spoiler reason, I can't disclose that in here.
I see, still it might be nice if a kinetic novel detailing their 18+ love story was released one day, though I don't know if Io's voice actress has made (censored) noises for eroge before.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 14:42   Link #183
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Just think logically. Both WA VNs are popular but first anime bombed hard. Why would they make 30+ eps series to cover all the plot at once. Most clever would be to make 12-13 eps for IC and only if it would sale make more
Unless they plan to make it an omnibus, You can do it 24~26 episodes

you just have to skip a lot of closing chapter

and I'd say WA2 and WA1 have a different target audience
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 14:47   Link #184
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Do you really believe this? I don't. I really want the whole thing animated but I don't believe they'll make it. At least that they plan to make it from the start
Old 2013-08-11, 20:15   Link #185
Kirayuki

The PV has been uploaded to the official site
http://whitealbum2.jp/movie/index.html
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 22:41   Link #186
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And on youtube too
Old 2013-08-12, 18:02   Link #187
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The intro of that BGM kinda reminded me of 届かない気持ち by 天門, and what a coincidence on the name.
Old 2013-08-13, 23:28   Link #188
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Do you really believe this? I don't. I really want the whole thing animated but I don't believe they'll make it. At least that they plan to make it from the start
Ok I'm going to have to word this carefully. I don't mean to personally offend anyone

I think IC on its own, is not a complete story
It's like having Kimi ga Nozomu Eien end at episode 3 (or part 1 for the VN players)
You're just going to make people upset... which discourages them from buying the discs, and does the opposite in regards to producing a sequel.

I mean, this is the kind of show that will inevitably upset certain people, but going IC only will upset any potential new fans.

Unless this the intent, and the anime is just an advertisement for the game.

but is that necessary considering they already have a 40/40 endorsement from famitsu?

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-08-14 at 02:02.
Old 2013-08-14, 03:13   Link #189
hyl
reading #hikaributts

While i am not sure if it's the case for most people, but i see Famitsu scores as fairly unreliable. Seeing that people are suspecting Famitsu are getting paid for giving out good scores
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 03:21   Link #190
Yume no Hana

White Album 2 got 37/40 from Famitsu, not 40/40.
Well, it still outscored Big Nin's Super Mario Bros for Wii U anyway
Yume no Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 17:56   Link #191
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

erogamescape has WH2CC at 90 mean and 95 median (1300 votes).
Old 2013-08-21, 02:40   Link #192
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

looking at the staff of the WA2, still can't predict which route they will take.... oh well
well the story itself I thought will be long
so maybe at first they will make it 24 episodes, with second season for another 24 episodes...
if it s really 4 cour, the introductory chapter for the 1st cour is the most possible thing as maybe they will include the extras from the novel or the drama cd into a scene in the anime...

well even though the chara design may not be the best, but I still think the artwork still acceptable enough to be looked, especially if you're not looking at it too detailed when in anime
is there no news for others character design? their other friends...

todokanai koi... I thought its better to make it as the song for later on, not for the beginning as it will give more impact in the latter story
well ofc that song is a must in this series and regarding another version of todokanai koi.... well they want another money for it (?) , look at how a certain anime's opening song which use the same song as the game, tales of the "something"... I thought there're many people booing this lol
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 11:57   Link #193
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
looking at the staff of the WA2, still can't predict which route they will take.... oh well
do they want the happiest ending?
or do they want the biggest drama?
or will they let Maruto go wild unopposed?
or do they want something that is "white album"?

those are the factors

Quote:
so maybe at first they will make it 24 episodes, with second season for another 24 episodes...
and 12 episodes is enough for IC.
24 is overdoing it

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-08-21 at 12:08.
Old 2013-08-27, 14:04   Link #194
Key Board
Carbon

http://whitealbum2.jp/special/index.html

They are getting a real pianist to do Kazusa's piano parts

http://asukamatsumoto.com/

http://asukamatsumoto.com/profile_en.html

...man.. that background.
Old 2013-08-27, 17:31   Link #195
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
http://whitealbum2.jp/special/index.html

They are getting a real pianist to do Kazusa's piano parts

http://asukamatsumoto.com/

http://asukamatsumoto.com/profile_en.html

...man.. that background.
Why this pianist? Was the one who did the piano parts in the game not good enough anymore? Or is it because they need someone famous to play those parts out live to build hype?
Old 2013-08-27, 18:08   Link #196
Key Board
Carbon

I'm going to admit that I'm not the best expert of piano, but I know that what makes a pianist famous is not how accurate they follow the music sheet, but their personal interpretation of it.

the tracks in the game are machine synthesized. Not a live recording. It's harder to feel the "human emotion" behind it

and of course Satellite = music merchandising. Can't deny that this might have been a factor too.
Old 2013-08-27, 20:26   Link #197
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm going to admit that I'm not the best expert of piano, but I know that what makes a pianist famous is not how accurate they follow the music sheet, but their personal interpretation of it.

the tracks in the game are machine synthesized. Not a live recording. It's harder to feel the "human emotion" behind it

and of course Satellite = music merchandising. Can't deny that this might have been a factor too.
Of course, Satelight produced Macross Frontier, which launched Megumi Nakajima's musical career.

But there's only one real in-anime singer this time, unlike Macross F. Of course, Tsuda Akari and Rena Uehara sing the WA2 EDs and OPs, but Madoka Yonezawa (who plays Setsuna) is the only one who sings ingame. I hope the anime will give the other heroines' voice actresses the opportunity to sing. Hitomi Nabatame (who plays Kazusa) and Yuu Asakawa (who plays Mari Kazaoka in the Closing Chapter) are no slouches in singing themselves, so I don't know why they didn't sing for the game.

I'm banking on "they want a somebody, not a nobody, who can perform well in a concert while in a killer dress" (like Kazusa in CODA). Still, there is no lack of piano-focussed musical talent in Japan who would kill to get airtime on a majorly-anticipated TV show.

To keep it in the VN community, does anyone remember the company Innocent Grey, whose title Kara no Shoujo was released in English recently? Their composers are quite good, and they even went to the trouble of making a live complete jazz soundtrack for their second major title, Pianissimo. Why can't the corporate suits save their money and give an unknown an opportunity to shine in the WA2, by keeping it "within the community"?
Old 2013-08-29, 08:46   Link #198
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Of course, Satelight produced Macross Frontier, which launched Megumi Nakajima's musical career.

But there's only one real in-anime singer this time, unlike Macross F. Of course, Tsuda Akari and Rena Uehara sing the WA2 EDs and OPs, but Madoka Yonezawa (who plays Setsuna) is the only one who sings ingame. I hope the anime will give the other heroines' voice actresses the opportunity to sing. Hitomi Nabatame (who plays Kazusa) and Yuu Asakawa (who plays Mari Kazaoka in the Closing Chapter) are no slouches in singing themselves, so I don't know why they didn't sing for the game.

I'm banking on "they want a somebody, not a nobody, who can perform well in a concert while in a killer dress" (like Kazusa in CODA). Still, there is no lack of piano-focussed musical talent in Japan who would kill to get airtime on a majorly-anticipated TV show.

To keep it in the VN community, does anyone remember the company Innocent Grey, whose title Kara no Shoujo was released in English recently? Their composers are quite good, and they even went to the trouble of making a live complete jazz soundtrack for their second major title, Pianissimo. Why can't the corporate suits save their money and give an unknown an opportunity to shine in the WA2, by keeping it "within the community"?
They can sing, it's just that for the intents and purposes of the game, only the Setsuna character sings. If they do get to sing, it will either be something that is done privately, or it'll be character song CDs, etc.

Spoiler for Closing chapter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Why this pianist? Was the one who did the piano parts in the game not good enough anymore? Or is it because they need someone famous to play those parts out live to build hype?
Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the piano was done synthesized. Nothing about hype or anything, they just want to give it the human touch.

Also some bad news; at Fan Expo, Asakawa Yuu was doing her panel. She has not yet been approached to reprise her role in White Album 2 as Mari at this time. This either means that we're too early, or that Closing Chapter is not being scheduled for production anytime soon, etc. Either way, I'd say it's a safe bet that only Introductory Chapter will be animated until further notice.
Old 2013-08-29, 20:07   Link #199
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
They can sing, it's just that for the intents and purposes of the game, only the Setsuna character sings. If they do get to sing, it will either be something that is done privately, or it'll be character song CDs, etc.

Spoiler for Closing chapter:
I see, there's still no reason as to why they can't have the other seiyuus sing EDs for episodes that focus on their own characters. Hitomi Nabatame should definitely have her own for the IC season.

Sadly, not all the WA2 seiyuus are cut out for singing well. Here's a rendition of "Todokanai Koi" (WA2's OP theme) by Risato Habuki, the seiyuu for Chiaki Izumi, so you can judge for yourself:

Quote:
Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the piano was done synthesized. Nothing about hype or anything, they just want to give it the human touch.
I'm sure they could build a LOT of hype if they put this new female pianist in Kazusa's dress from CODA (a nice black, backless, and halterneck-style number with a space from the navel to the neck to display the wearer's cleavage), and had her play the stuff from WA2 live. They could build even MORE hype if this pianist held a joint concert with Madoka Yonezawa singing, with a guest appearance by Nana Mizuki singing "Powder Snow" and other related songs, possibly doing a piano duet with the new pianist.

Quote:
Also some bad news; at Fan Expo, Asakawa Yuu was doing her panel. She has not yet been approached to reprise her role in White Album 2 as Mari at this time. This either means that we're too early, or that Closing Chapter is not being scheduled for production anytime soon, etc. Either way, I'd say it's a safe bet that only Introductory Chapter will be animated until further notice.
More's the pity, sadly. I would have liked to have Mari make a cameo appearance in IC (maybe Haruki shows up at her office looking for a job after IC finishes).

And another poster on this thread said that Setsuna's and Kazusa's seiyuus showed up at promotions events wearing all-white and all-black, respectively, to "sort of cosplay." I wonder what Yuu Asakawa would look like if she cosplayed as Mari--it shouldn't be too difficult to get a business suit of the same style that Mari wears, and styling her hair like Mari's shouldn't be hard assuming her hair is long enough at that moment.

Also, what do they call Mari's hairstyle? The best way I can describe it is a "loop-the-loop" ponytail.
Old 2013-08-29, 23:31   Link #200
Key Board
Carbon

Chiaki's Todokenai Koi is clearly auto-tuned

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical