AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-26, 20:20   Link #121
Strike Mk.II

It was kinda interesting how Corin changed, although he was a bit of crazy guy till the end I didnt expect he would eventually turn out the way it did. Who would've thought he'd say what he said to the girls, Loran and Gym before he died. He went from hating Turn-A to the point he'd go insane to finally believing that Turn-A/Loran would bring a new future
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 05:59   Link #122
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

For that matter I'm amazed how well written every character is in Turn-A be it minor or main. You really do see how everyone changes because of the war and events. If this is the kind of thing Tomino can make when unpressured, I say give him all the free reign he needs, its a work of art period.

Though the ending was abit bittersweet with Sochie's ending.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 20:20   Link #123
artquest7@

I Just finished Turn-A not even an hour ago... DANG this series was amazing! You really lose yourself in the story and even manage to ignore the cheesy animation. Although the animation is really "simple" the battles were really well done.

I loved the ending though! Everything about this series was amazing. Truth is... at first I hated all the mobile suits in Turn-A but now I realize there is a reason that tomino pushed for these whacky and unconventional designs. It was to keep the show from becomming a 50 episode commercial for toys and plastic models and allowed the characters to reall shine through. After watching a 50 episode commerical like Seed Destiny this along with F91 was a welcomed change. Notice that the only designs ever to make it into model form are the Turn-A, Turn-X, kapool, flat and sumo(also note how they haven't been the biggest sellers).
Yet somehow Tomino and his team managed to make me LOVE the Turn-A, Turn-X and sumo by the time the show was over. Why? Im still unable to figure it out.
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 03:04   Link #124
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
It's because you, like me, and everyone else who like the series, have grown to like the Mobile Suits in Turn A not on first impressions at their external appearance or mecha design, but by the "deeds" that the characters have used these MS throughout the entire series.

That's the sign of a good series. The best gundam series, if I must say.

Who can forget the Turn-A washing machine....
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 05:22   Link #125
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Don't forget the Turn-A pig catcher.

The uses of Turn-A are infinite.

And actually what I liked about the MS wasn't so much what the characters did with them, but they looked alot more streamline and practical than any MS I've seen because they deviated from standard MS designs.
Old 2006-03-20, 00:07   Link #126
4Tran

It's rather a shame that Turn A was unpopular when it first came out. Hopefully, it can be granted the recognition it deserves. I would rather though that it doesn't get known because of the Gundam Unification theory (which is the weakest element of the show), but for all of the great characterizations and moods.
Old 2006-03-20, 02:51   Link #127
Strike Mk.II

Quote:
Originally Posted by artquest7@
I Just finished Turn-A not even an hour ago... DANG this series was amazing! You really lose yourself in the story and even manage to ignore the cheesy animation. Although the animation is really "simple" the battles were really well done.

I loved the ending though! Everything about this series was amazing. Truth is... at first I hated all the mobile suits in Turn-A but now I realize there is a reason that tomino pushed for these whacky and unconventional designs. It was to keep the show from becomming a 50 episode commercial for toys and plastic models and allowed the characters to reall shine through. After watching a 50 episode commerical like Seed Destiny this along with F91 was a welcomed change. Notice that the only designs ever to make it into model form are the Turn-A, Turn-X, kapool, flat and sumo(also note how they haven't been the biggest sellers).
Yet somehow Tomino and his team managed to make me LOVE the Turn-A, Turn-X and sumo by the time the show was over. Why? Im still unable to figure it out.
Man I always thought at least the Sumo would have sold really well. 1/100 Scale Gold Sumo looked really awsome.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 03:57   Link #128
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's only the first episode and I'm already smiling from ear to ear. This show rocks.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 04:38   Link #129
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
It's only the first episode and I'm already smiling from ear to ear. This show rocks.

Yeah. I think so too. This show is as underrated as Zeta is overrated.

The best about this Turn A is how the story and the characters is woven together. No one really just "pops out" like a jack-in-the-box. It´s well written and the pace is fluid.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 05:05   Link #130
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

You know just a thought but doesn't anyone think the whole Gundam Big Bang theory was really just nothing more than a cameo? I mean take the show out of the context of Gundam for a moment. Those records could've meant anything, been of any history. Turn-A is set so far into the future that we've got nothing to go on, the MS could've been from any series, not necessarily Gundam as most mention. Plus Tomino wanted this series to be the last, nothing wrong with stuffing in cameos out of nostalgia if your planning on the show to be an epic.
Old 2006-06-11, 05:18   Link #131
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I mean, at the start of Gundam Wing, the other Gundam series that I've seen, there are noticeable plot-holes ... and by the end, they still remain plot-holes. Here, the start is fluid and smooth.
Old 2006-06-11, 13:48   Link #132
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
You know just a thought but doesn't anyone think the whole Gundam Big Bang theory was really just nothing more than a cameo? I mean take the show out of the context of Gundam for a moment. Those records could've meant anything, been of any history. Turn-A is set so far into the future that we've got nothing to go on, the MS could've been from any series, not necessarily Gundam as most mention. Plus Tomino wanted this series to be the last, nothing wrong with stuffing in cameos out of nostalgia if your planning on the show to be an epic.
That was the general plan at first.

From what rumors I read, Tomino actually wanted to incorporate same (or at least similar) mecha/weapons/etc designs from a bunch of different giant robot series, not just Gundam, but got rejected and stuck with more original or older Gundam designs (hence, the Zaku I, Zaku II, Kapool, Zssa, Psyco Gundam, Gallop, Squid-class, etc) and other Gundam series.

Even though it's not too reliable, this is what was on Wiki..

Several of the mobile suits in the series are clearly from earlier series - the Luziana fiefdom'proudly maintained army of MS-06 Borjarnon units is, in fact, a collection of excavated MS-05 Zaku I and MS-06 Zaku II units. The AMX-109 Kapool appeared initially in Gundam Double Zeta, and the G-M2F (AMX-102) Zssan appears to be a heavily modified AMX-102 Zssa, also from the aforementioned show. <---true.

In the Turn-A novel and manga, Gwen pilots a machine called the Black Doll, which is described as a giant black Gundam with three beam cannons in its belly and the ability to transform into a box-like form. This description strongly implies that it is, in fact, the MRX-009 Psyco Gundam from Zeta Gundam. The Super Robot Wars and G Generation video games would borrow this concept, having Gwen pilot the Psyco Gundam and calling it "Black Doll".

The Turn A Gundam, and associated Earth Militia suits occasionally make use of a 'Hyper Hammer', a large, MS scale flail with mounted rocket verniers. The weapon iself bore a striking resemblance to a similar weapon from Mobile Suit Gundam of the same name.

Eventualy, the main character is assigned an excavated land-faring warship identical to Mobile Suit Gundam's Gallop land battleship. Coincidentaly, it is nicknamed "Gallop" to evoke horse-like swiftness, without prior knowledge of its true name.

Queen Diana's palace is, in fact, an erected Squid class battleship from Victory Gundam.

Both introductions, as well as Episode 43, present a montage of scenes from previous series as being part of the apocalyptic "Dark History" preceding the events in ∀.

In one manga adaptation, Sochie finds a Haro while on the Moon. Dianna panics, telling Sochie to get away from it, as the Haro sprouts sharp saw-like teeth. It turns out to be Bug, one of millions of automated killing machines from Gundam F91 disguised as Haro. <--this is true though, lol

Several characters explicitly mention periods of the Dark History based on the callendar system of their respective series. Most notably the Universal Century calendar system is frequently described as taking place several thousands years before the events in ∀ Gundam.

Panicing on the battlefield, Corin Nander, a pilot who supposedly served during the Dark History and was subsequently frozen cryogenicaly, briefly sees the XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 02:36   Link #133
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd like to clarify something. In episode two, has some years past? Because the sister of that yellow-haired girl and Loran are already doing the ceremony ... I'm quite confused in this matter.
Old 2006-06-12, 02:38   Link #134
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yes some time has past...watch a few more eps before asking a question like that....only a couple years have past IIRC...
Old 2006-06-12, 03:17   Link #135
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You know, that's what I said. I was just confirming it because it wasn't clarified in the story - just that it's been one or two years, I think, because Sochie and her sister have a small gap in age. Ah, I checked - you're right. It's two years ...
Old 2006-06-12, 04:07   Link #136
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Yeah its like 2 or 3 years........if you actually watch on, Loran and friends will actually say it when they meet up again and mention how long its been since they arrived on earth.
Old 2006-06-12, 04:38   Link #137
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's a great Gundam show ... now I'd have to download the rest ...

Seriously, Loran is much more dynamic than Heero. The guy is human, and his conflicts are really difficult to solve ... fight for the people that have come to love him and he has come to love, or fight for his own people ... I think that this has a much better story than SEED. But OHWELL.
Old 2006-06-12, 05:24   Link #138
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I think the nicest thing about Turn-A is the fact its like the same theme as Wing except actually fleshed out.
Old 2006-06-12, 06:09   Link #139
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

I watched a newer Tomino show, Overman King gainer and it seems that Tomino have taken a liking to using "weird" mechas.
I don't mind though, both Turn A and Overman are awesome when it comes to the mecha department.
That and we don't get the same kitbashes of the traditional mobile suits with some changes to armor plating or whatever.
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 06:19   Link #140
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah..One thing I really like about King Gainer is how much it reminds me of Turn-A with the crazy mech designs, some characters, and even some action sequences...The DOMINATOR was such a dope mecha with coola$$ unorthodox manuevers...Unlike Turn-A though Gainer is the first Tomino series I've seen where he puts more effort into the presentation of the mecha than the characters which is a cool divergence because he proves he can make that style work too...Gainer was one of those shows that wasn't particularily the greatest of all-time or anything but you missed it when it was gone...It was really fun...I even use to like the ep previews when the kid screams "OVER-HEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!"