AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-30, 03:58   Link #1
upncoming88

Question Still don't see how the 3rd got beat

What happened to his magical orb? I seem to recall in the early episodes/mangas, the 3rd kept watch on naruto with a magic orb/crystal ball. Since then it was never shown again..why is that? and if he had it, could he not have used it to root out the spies and enemies of Konoha? Just wondering.
Old 2004-06-30, 04:08   Link #2
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by upncoming88
What happened to his magical orb? I seem to recall in the early episodes/mangas, the 3rd kept watch on naruto with a magic orb/crystal ball. Since then it was never shown again..why is that? and if he had it, could he not have used it to root out the spies and enemies of Konoha? Just wondering.
Knowing Naruto, he probably replaced it with a fishbowl.
Seriously though, Kishimoto probably decided he didn't want to take the Naruto manga in that direction. It was just an idea that was tried, that kishimoto decided he didn't like.
Either that or the 3rd forgot to pay his cable bill and the orb got shut off.
Old 2004-06-30, 05:21   Link #3
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by upncoming88
What happened to his magical orb?

Prolly one of the tricks up his sleeves. He doesnt need a orb to know everything, maybe that's even his genjutsu

btw, whats up with the title? whats it to do with his magical orb
Old 2004-06-30, 05:31   Link #4
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Knowing Naruto, he probably replaced it with a fishbowl.
Seriously though, Kishimoto probably decided he didn't want to take the Naruto manga in that direction. It was just an idea that was tried, that kishimoto decided he didn't like.
Either that or the 3rd forgot to pay his cable bill and the orb got shut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
Prolly one of the tricks up his sleeves. He doesnt need a orb to know everything, maybe that's even his genjutsu

btw, whats up with the title? whats it to do with his magical orb
Hehehe, Upncoming88, this is exactly why I diden't start this thread myself.
Good luck.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-06-30, 05:31   Link #5
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Accidental double post, sorry.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-06-30, 05:48   Link #6
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Naruto went in a totally different direction than originally planned. If you read the pilot for the series you'll notice that naruto had originally planned to go with an occult theme. Some how it turned from mages and demons into shinobis. . .
. . .and demons

The orb is probably just left over from the occult origins of the series. Plus, either kashimoto forgot about it, or most likely he didn't want to give the 3rd any type of "all seeing" ability so he purposly "forgot" about it.
Old 2004-06-30, 12:36   Link #7
Zek
Eyebrows...

The 3rd lost because he was too old. As for the magic orb, I guess Kishimoto didn't feel like showing Sarutobi's reactions to everything Naruto did anymore, and it would have been stupid to the plot if he saw the entire Konoha invasion coming and didn't do anything about it.
Old 2004-06-30, 13:49   Link #8
Kayess
Guy From Canada

The third was beaten because he could not beat 2 previous hokages... as well as an individual who is part of the Sannin... who also killed the Kazakage... so it is 3 on one... each being extremely strong... and Sarutobi managed to defeat two of them, and disable another...
Old 2004-06-30, 14:18   Link #9
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The orb might be a special technique for the third like Gaara's third eye. And it seems, the orb was only aiming at observing Naruto (maybe it was somehow related to Naruto). Furthermore, there are already ninjas who watch the village. There is no need for him to check on every place every time even if he can do so.
Old 2004-06-30, 15:53   Link #10
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
Hehehe, Upncoming88, this is exactly why I diden't start this thread myself.
Good luck.
But I gave a serious answer, between my 2 jokes anyway. There's really no mystery about it, as I and someone else said, Kishimoto just decided not to use that idea as the story progressed. In a long running series like Naruto, there's going to be lots of things like this, unless the manga-ka had the entire thing planned out in advance, which isn't usually the case.
Old 2004-06-30, 16:30   Link #11
eLstar
(^_^)v

This could've been put in the Naruto Q&A thread. I don't really find this is much of a discussion. The answer is straightforward and Orochimaru says it himself anyway. Besides, the crystal orb question doesn't really match the thread title. I don't think the orb would make a difference whether he'd be able to find spies or not.

Remember, ninjas are professionals.
Closed Thread