Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-18, 11:53   Link #21
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Well whats the point of throwing some burning rocks while Ace can create a little sun? But I have faith.Maybe in the end we will learn that "eating 2 devil fruit will kill you/your powers" is actually a lie and that Akainu actually ate 2 devil fruits without any penalty lol.

This magma devil fruit can be interesting and unique if he can create volcanos and crack the ground at his will to vomit lava/heat at his target.Like a bit of Geyser Geyser Devil Fruit added to lava stuff and controlling the ground.Whitebeard moved the land by his quake vibrations but maybe Akainu can shape and control the land with his lava.

Or Im just dreaming.Just let him throw his burning stones and then kill him.If throwing burning stuff around is all he can do , then he deserves being first defeated admiral.
i see u dont share my awe in the potential devastation a comet can cause (though im meaning asteroids and meteors too), "burning rocks" seems like a gross understatement though im not trying to get in2 an ace vs akainu debate though imo the admiral df has plenty of potential to trump ace. My point was this DF does suit with akainus ruthlessness as the area/persons it affects seem to be more indiscriminate, thats not to say it couldnt hav been other dfs either.

As for countering whitebeard and the potential damage akainu can cause its purely your personal choice if you want to underplay it in your mind but i dont see a reason why he couldnt take out a large chunk of the cannon fodder in single rain of meteors, making hin dangerouse to enemies and bystanders alike like how wb is with his tsunami. regarding going up against the bigger fish ithe full extent of his powers are yet to be seen though i doubt hell beat wb single handedly, and btw WB is a shockwave df user imo a paramecia type so depending on how much control he has over it he could counter a lot of diff dfs, so far no logia type has been affective against him [or any othe df at that].
Old 2009-08-18, 12:00   Link #22
Prestige

In Oda We Trust.

If you do not believe given devil fruit then believe how Oda will make it work.
Old 2009-08-18, 12:59   Link #23
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

We definitely trust Oda, but clearly his fans' imagination cannot be trusted.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-18, 13:01   Link #24
marvelB

So, something rather interesting was pointed out at AP. In chapter 551, we actually may have seen Oz Jr's pirate ship. I provide an image from the raw:

Spoiler:

Notice how there's a jolly roger on the right that is shaped like Oz's head. But.... there's something MORE interesting. Notice that the name on the jolly roger is Oars III. So not only would this mean that this is the third generation of the rampaging giants, but it looks like just about everyone may have been wrong about how Oz's name was meant to be spelled all along (so it's not Odz or Odr either, heh). Interesting how Oda threw us a curveball like that.....

...But even so, I think I'll still refer to the original zombie as "Oz" for now, and "Oars" for the descendant, so as to avoid confusion between both the characters.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:14   Link #25
Prestige

I guess Oz is stil Oz or Odz, I think its silly to name ship for own name.

But nevertheless, an excellent find. Oda liks to hint for some of his suprises before hand and you need to have eye for detail to notice hints .

But I dont think Odz jr dont know Luffy that well, I can imagine him being pissed bit to Moria for robbying Odz corpse but I dont know does he know who Luffy actually is.

A big ship suits him well, Odz(s) appears to be largest breed of giants there is, Odz himself was pretty much twice as large as normal giants (Dorry,Broggy and Oizmo) so I expect that Odz jr is pretty sizable aswell.

Odz Jr vs Vice admiral John Giant!!

Please become true! John Giant reeks with badass attidute and he really need gigantic opponent for his mettle.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:23   Link #26
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Marco being a Mythical-Zoan Type, a Phoenix, only solidifies my Prediction on what Monkey D. Dragon's Devil Fruit and ability is. I don't think this would make Marco immortal though, as I see some people people say. Because he's still human. If that was the case, I think that would mean other Logia's we seen are (basically) Immortal too, especially since Logia's became part-human/part-element.

[Since Marco's ability is known to be a mythical zoan, I copied and pasted my post from the Zoan Thread a few weeks ago. I want to make my prediction known so I can call it when his ability is revealed (especially since I think its a good one.]
Spoiler for My Prediction on Dragon's Ability from the Zoan Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
My only hope is that Akainu will make some difference with a flashy move in future.For now he looks like a cheap copy of Ace+DonPachino.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-18, 13:27   Link #27
james0246

Damn Marco's ability is cool. He is a zoan with the properties of a logia. No wonder he is in the 1st commander position.

And Akainu, is he logia or paramecia? Because right now, his powers seem more similar to Mr. 3's and Magellan (though, was he ever confirmed to be a paramecia?), that Kizaru and Aokiji.

As for Oz Jr. (Oars III), while an interesting call back, I would only be interested in him if Moria accquired him, and then fought Luffy, only for Luffy to defeat the combination without the pseudo-haxx Nightmare ability (thus ending, once and for all, the Moria v. Luffy debates).
Old 2009-08-18, 13:31   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post

But nevertheless, an excellent find. Oda liks to hint for some of his suprises before hand and you need to have eye for detail to notice hints .

But I dont think Odz jr dont know Luffy that well, I can imagine him being pissed bit to Moria for robbying Odz corpse but I dont know does he know who Luffy actually is.

A big ship suits him well, Odz(s) appears to be largest breed of giants there is, Odz himself was pretty much twice as large as normal giants (Dorry,Broggy and Oizmo) so I expect that Odz jr is pretty sizable aswell.

Please become true! John Giant reeks with badass attidute and he really need gigantic opponent for his mettle.

I don't think a pirate captain putting his name on a jolly roger is so silly..... if anything, it would be a display of his might (either that or he's just plain egotistical). Besides, he wouldn't be the first captain in this series with his name put on his flag (Foxy's jolly roger had his name on it, too).

And yeah, Oars vs. John Giant would most definitely be an awesome match-up. A true clash of the titans, indeed!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-08-18 at 14:46.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:37   Link #29
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Damn Marco's ability is cool. He is a zoan with the properties of a logia. No wonder he is in the 1st commander position.
I really wait to see some good pics, or I could muster my resolve and wait for chapter release.

Quote:
And Akainu, is he logia or paramecia? Because right now, his powers seem more similar to Mr. 3's and Magellan (though, was he ever confirmed to be a paramecia?), that Kizaru and Aokiji.
Magellan was never confirmed was he logia or paramecia though generally he is considered as paramecia though he could be logia but his travel methods and combat scenes hint him being paramecia. But even as paramecia he is still nightmarishly strong.

Well if Sand can be logia power then I guess Magma can be aswell, both being diffrent forms of rocks/earth.

Quote:
As for Oz Jr. (Oars III), while an interesting call back, I would only be interested in him if Moria accquired him, and then fought Luffy, only for Luffy to defeat the combination without the pseudo-haxx Nightmare ability (thus ending, once and for all, the Moria v. Luffy debates).
Spoilers say that Oz Jr is siding with pirates going as far as rescuing ace (attempting?), I dont think he will fight against Luffy unless Don Flamingo notices how large he is and decide to control his body to cause some havoc.

Don Flamingo is bit nerving me, I wonder how his body control powers work and how long range he has, every time he has shown his power he has been within 50 meters of victim, he seems to be only able to control body not mind and probly he cant use victims devil fruit powers either.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:47   Link #30
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:

Dooode, we must be on the same wave-length because i thought the exact same thing about 2 hours ago. It would be the perfect match-up because someone has to fight the Giant, it might as well be another Giant.

Also, good spot marvel.
Old 2009-08-18, 13:48   Link #31
marvelB

Boy, I wonder how Marco will look in his birdman hybrid form? I can't help but think that he might look slightly goofy in that form, heh. It would also be great to see exactly what fighting style he possesses (like if he uses any unique forms of martial arts, or whatever).....

Speaking of martial arts, I'm guessing that we may see some VAs who are masters of Rokushiki. The fact that Coby was able to use Soru proves that Rokushiki isn't a form of martial arts that unique to CP9 only (though I actually wonder how many other people aside from Lucci are able to use Rokuougan). I also hope we get to see some other wacky styles of martial arts (styles crazier than Wanze's Ramen Kenpo, even)!
Old 2009-08-18, 14:31   Link #32
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Mr. 3 and Magellan would be considered Paramecia's for the simple fact that they're bodies remain solid. Though I could be wrong if it wasn't stated in the manga, but they just dont possess the characteristics we see with other Logia.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:51   Link #33
Vree

Ugh...I kinda feel like when HP: Deathly Hallows came out and some parts read like a bad fanfic...I mean yes it's his comic and he decides but...I still kinda feel that Akainu's magma and mythical Zoans were fun speculations but I expected something more from Oda.

Well, let's wait for the full chapter.
Old 2009-08-18, 14:52   Link #34
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Marco and Yellow monkeys fight might be a bit boring and funny seeing how they are at a stand still, and joking about not hurting each other. Would be nice to see some Doflamingo action, instead of Oda having him reuse the same line over and over, but I don't think he will make a move unless its against the king of the Sea himself, so get prepared to see Doflaimgo continue to elaborate on how "excited" he is. Lol lil Oars III, Oda WTF LMAO!

Still no Luffy in sight.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-18 at 15:05. Reason: Did I mention there no Luffy?
Old 2009-08-18, 16:14   Link #35
james0246

Quote:

Spoilers say that Oz Jr is siding with pirates going as far as rescuing ace (attempting?), I dont think he will fight against Luffy unless Don Flamingo notices how large he is and decide to control his body to cause some havoc.
I meant that Moria would take control of Oars III body, turning him into a zombie, and then fight against Luffy (without Nightmare mode) in the future, thus provinf once and for all that Luffy can defeat a Moria/Odz combination without a power up.
Old 2009-08-18, 16:59   Link #36
AceD
See You En' Tee

Macro suddenly just gained heaps of awesomeness. I hope he isn't stuck with Kizaru for to long...

Kuma, Doflamingo and Hancock...still no idea what there intentions are in this war?

Spoiler for also:
Old 2009-08-18, 17:09   Link #37
Master Mold
Banned

Wjhat?! Marco always been gangster, ever since he told shanks to shut the hell up.
Old 2009-08-18, 18:11   Link #38
SMASHERJACKSON

and i quote;

Third division captain (Jozu) picks up an iceburg and throws it.
Akainu feeling danger from it, finally gets up and shoots a beam of magma, called "Eruption", and destroys the iceburg. A volcanic boulder is thrown at Whitebeard, but he casually stabs it with his polearm.

Why don't you go light a candle on a cake, boy. says Whitebeard

so much win
Old 2009-08-18, 18:11   Link #39
andy

Poor Akainu he was attacking WB but everyone compare to WB is just a kid. I don't think WB is going to take any one serious other than garp and marines leader.

I don't think were going to see luffy and co. for a while and next few chapters are just going to be people attacking each other while name chars look for who there going to fight .
Old 2009-08-18, 18:14   Link #40
SMASHERJACKSON

right now im wondering exactly how will WB fall in this arc if at all? will the great change be the defeat of the marines? well know soon enough.

cant wait till this arc gets animated, hope they do it right though.
Closed Thread