AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 10:35   Link #281
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Alcohol is not good for the body.

Well yeah, but we've seen old guys like Rayleigh and Whitebeard who drink and they don't look so bad (let's put aside the fact that ol' Edward was already a sick old man when he was introduced, shall we?).....

Anyways, no full summary of the SBS questions yet, but our favorite OP insider Greg picked up the volume and pointed out the more notable info. Here's what he said in his Facebook page:

Quote:
Greg: So obviously I snatched up vol.66 a little early yesterday and while there is not anything groundbreaking we do have some fresh profile data for the cres with respect to blood types.

Luffy F
Zoro XF
Nami X
Usopp S
Sanji S〔RH-〕
Chopper X
Robin S
Franky XF
Brook X

And if you are worried that this creates a plothole for Crocus, fear not for Oda says some countries also use A, B and C.

Quote:
Oh, and it is now officially official, he labelled Chopper's most powerful transformation Monster Point AND Arm Point is now without question, Kung Fu Point as he also labelled it as such. Regarding that SUPPOSEDLY erroneous Rumble Ball Chopper ate before doing Guard Point? That was evidently a Rumble Ball candy. So, TOTALLY not an error wink wink.

So Chopper's monster form is officially Monster Point now. And rumble ball candy? Well, guess it looks like another one of Oda's blunders will end up becoming canon now (like the floating wood)! Of course, I'll post more info once it gets translated.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:37   Link #282
ellifeedn
Thinker

Wait a minute, how the hell does Brook have a blood type? And how can Chopper have the same blood type as a human (e.g. Nami)?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 12:06   Link #283
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Wait a minute, how the hell does Brook have a blood type? And how can Chopper have the same blood type as a human (e.g. Nami)?
well pretty sure that reference when brook lives. while chopper probably because he eat human-human fruit

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 14:47   Link #284
Rainbowman

Quote:
^ Don't forget the Fishman Island arc isn't even half done yet.
Not in the anime anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, no full summary of the SBS questions yet, but our favorite OP insider Greg picked up the volume and pointed out the more notable info. Here's what he said in his Facebook page:

Spoiler for :
I'd have thought Sanji and Robin's blood type were the same if Sanji's didn't have (RH-) at the end of his. I hope Boa Hancock's blood type isn't the same as Luffy's.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:08   Link #285
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Not in the anime anyway.
I was talking about the manga...
Old 2012-05-02, 20:43   Link #286
Rainbowman

Quote:
I was talking about the manga...
If you're talking about the tankoban volumes that has yet to be published in the U.S., then we do have a long ways to go.
Old 2012-05-02, 21:56   Link #287
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Such as those three islands Smoker talked about, the Wano country, Mariejoie, Whole Cake Island, and who knows what other islands there are in the New World. Besides the new recruits for the Strawhat crew (which would add up to 10, 12, or even 16 members total) I'm still waiting on who the new Shichibukai would be, what happened to the other Supernovas (which would technically have to include Caribou and Coribou), the full appearances of Big Mom, Kaidou, and Vegapunk, and especially Blackbeard's plans involving hunting down Devil Fruit users.
16 characters is ridiculous, Hell i'd say 12 is too many. Oda has enough problems as it is balancing each of the strawhats screen time. Robin, Franky and to a lesser extent Brooke have been passengers in the series.
Old 2012-05-02, 23:59   Link #288
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
If you're talking about the tankoban volumes that has yet to be published in the U.S., then we do have a long ways to go.
I am talking about how there are too many loose ends for Oda not to revisit Fishman Island.. it is almost a certainty that Luffy & co will return there.

The whole tenryubitto plot line has not been concluded, racism has not been stamped out and Fishman Island still have not yet been accepted into the world community, not to mention Shirahoshi still has not yet joined the Strawhats. Of course the whole Big Mom arc will have profound consequences on Fishman Island as well.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:44   Link #289
marvelB

^One particular loose end you forgot to mention is Shirley's prophecy about Luffy destroying the island. And of course there's the whole story behind Joy Boy and his connection to Noah/the sea kings.....

Oh, and I'm not sure what you mean by Shira joining the Straw-Hats "yet"? I kind of already pointed out a few months back that, ancient weapon or not, she'd be better off staying home than going on any big adventures....
Old 2012-05-03, 10:55   Link #290
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
^One particular loose end you forgot to mention is Shirley's prophecy about Luffy destroying the island. And of course there's the whole story behind Joy Boy and his connection to Noah/the sea kings.....
Oh yeah, that too.

I knew I was missing something.
Old 2012-05-03, 12:56   Link #291
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
16 characters is ridiculous, Hell i'd say 12 is too many. Oda has enough problems as it is balancing each of the strawhats screen time. Robin, Franky and to a lesser extent Brooke have been passengers in the series.
Having 16 characters is what I need for a story based on Shadow of the Colossus with each member of the entire Strawhat crew as a colossus as well as Luffy and Nami as the King and Queen colossus which should be as epic as Malus the 16th colossus.
Old 2012-05-08, 11:55   Link #292
marvelB

So I'm bumping to let everyone know that the other SBS questions were translated. I'm feeling a bit lazy now though, so I'll quote the questions again. Credit goes to IgorGB from AP for the translation:

Quote:
1st page

2) Is Akainu's penis magumagu?
- Hey!
Is Aokiji's penis hiehie?
- Whoa!
Is Kizaru's penis pikapika?
- THAT'S ENOUGH! What's with these questions? Yes, they are.

3) Odacchi, when is the New World Nami "hug pillow" (is this right?) being released?
- I DON'T KNOW! I don't know about the merchandise, etc etc, I would like to have Franky's arm so I could hit people's heads and it would make noise.

4) Why is Oda-sensei's self-portrait a fish? Since it's Oda-sensei, I'm sure there's a deep and beautiful meaning behind it.
- THERE ISN'T!

5) If you make takoyaki out of the Kraken, how many people does it serve?
- You can make 10 million takoyaki balls, so packing 8 together, you can make 1,25 million packs! Then it serves 1,25 million people! No, wait, don't eat your friend!

2nd page

1) Hi, Oda-sensei. When Hody uses kirisame, his fin becomes a blade, but... do fishmen's fins come out? They can exchange them? Does it pierce like a fin (didn't get this part myself either, sorry)? Please tell me!
- That's a weapon that's attached to the fin.
Hody's: speech: You human! -> Die, you human!
arrows: There's a hole in it. || He's angry at a human.

2) The guy says he looked for the situational T-shirts of the fishmen. Oda says they are clothes that lose meaning if the situation changes.

3rd page

1) Oda-sensei, Chopper said the he only needs the rumble ball for one form, and can change to the other six at will. Guard Point is included in that, right? Because in Volume 62, Chopper ate a rumble ball and turned into Guard Point. Why is that? Please tell me.
- Right. In Volume 65 we learned that using a rumble ball, Chopper can fight in his monster form. This means he doesn't need a rumble ball for the other forms!

2) In Volume 62, before turning into Guard Point, Chopper ate something that looks like a rumble ball, which the evolved Chopper shouldn't need. Of course I know that's a rumble ball candy, which is very popular right now, but the average reader wouldn't know that, and might mistake it for an actual rumble ball. Stop confusing us, Chopper!
- Damn you, Chopper! Because of you there were a lot of comments from readers about that panel. Do you think you should be eating candy at the bottom of the sea? But speaking of which, here are the current seven forms of Chopper:

Brain Point, Walk Point, Heavy Point, Guard Point, Kung Fu Point, Horn Point (transforms at will anytime - sometimes craves rumble ball candy)
Monster Point (using rumble ball - lasts 3 minutes)

4th page

1) Nami's breast size, pointless.

2) About the kuigosu block that appeared in chapter 653. If you spell it backwards (in kana), "Kuigosu" becomes "Sugoiuku" (floats a lot), right? So I was thinking, during the Alabasta arc, chapter 175, the "Monossugoiuku block" (block that floats very very much), could it be the same thing?
- So you noticed? That's right! I explained in Volume 25 SBS how the fruit-user Mr.3 was able to float, that's right. What I said back then was EXACTLY THAT! Do you think I'm conveniently making this up now? You're wrong! I'd already thought of this setup back then! I mean it!

3) All the females in One Piece have big breasts, I wanna have a muscular abdomen, etc etc.

5th page

1) (I'm getting lazy) Chopper said Sanji's blood type is S, that is weird, what blood types are there? Please tell me the Strawhats blood types.
- Here you go. The names change from place to place. Some countries use A, B, C.

2) Oda-sensei, is this guy this guy?
Yes, etc etc etc.

As you can see, some of the questions were the ones I already posted about before (blood types, rumble balls). However, it is cool to see that we've got confirmation of Oda using that floating wood (which was, amusingly enough, also birthed from a blunder of his), and I also love how he confirms that the admirals' dicks also transform into their respective elements (hey James, remember that thing you said a while back about the dirty, silly questions? Looks like that applies here, too! ). It's also nice that he explains Hody's weapon too, but I had pretty much already figured that the blade attaches to the fin.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Personally, I'm hoping that Oda will draw either Baroque Works or the Whitebeard commanders as kids for volume 67's SBS....
Old 2012-05-08, 18:03   Link #293
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Must be awful for Oda trying to shift through all these terrible questions.
Old 2012-05-09, 13:18   Link #294
marvelB

^I dunno..... those same "terrible questions" are pretty much what make up the vast majority of the SBS corner. So I guess even Oda has a hoot every time he confirms whatever material/element X character's wang is made of.
Old 2012-05-10, 00:09   Link #295
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
^ Hey, people need to know if everyone's Devil Fruit powers work on their dicks and/or breasts.... which most of the time they do~
Old 2012-05-15, 18:34   Link #296
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oda-sensei doesn't make mistakes...EVER!!!!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 02:21   Link #297
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

I think the ending of one piece involves something more destructive than the war at MF. maybe it would involve Ancient Weapons, Sea Kings, WG battle.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 13:56   Link #298
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
I think the ending of one piece involves something more destructive than the war at MF. maybe it would involve Ancient Weapons, Sea Kings, WG battle.
Another thing we agree on. Plus it would involve The 5 Elder Stars, Monkey D. Dragon, and Blackbeard.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:31   Link #299
Krookodile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
This makes me wonder just how many chapters the final battle will take if it'll be that awesome?
Krookodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:19   Link #300
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookodile View Post
This makes me wonder just how many chapters the final battle will take if it'll be that awesome?
I would estimate over 50 chapters (7 for the beginning, 5 for each member of the Strawhat crew fighting an opponent along with additional chapters for the allies, and as many chapters after the victory for Luffy and his crew.