AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 08:18   Link #821
firestalker5

Myanimelist lists Suguha, NOT Lyfa, as a character in the anime...

If you couple the Suguha from myanimelist with the interview about showing what happens in the RL while their in the game then you'll understand that there will not be ALO arc this season. They'll be showing Suguha in RL not in the ALO arc.

I get disappointed when I think about that. I just doubt the production company can do a good job on this great series... I've been burned a few times before. I seriously doubt that they'll be able to fill the 24 episode quota WITHOUT adding a lot of crap and fillers to the story that has no business being there.

I'll die if they add a triangle between Kirito, Asuna, and Heathcliff... I wouldn't put it past them to think that'll up the drama in the series and go for it.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 08:34   Link #822
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
Myanimelist lists Suguha, NOT Lyfa, as a character in the anime...

If you couple the Suguha from myanimelist with the interview about showing what happens in the RL while their in the game then you'll understand that there will not be ALO arc this season. They'll be showing Suguha in RL not in the ALO arc.

I get disappointed when I think about that. I just doubt the production company can do a good job on this great series... I've been burned a few times before. I seriously doubt that they'll be able to fill the 24 episode quota WITHOUT adding a lot of crap and fillers to the story that has no business being there.

I'll die if they add a triangle between Kirito, Asuna, and Heathcliff... I wouldn't put it past them to think that'll up the drama in the series and go for it.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/en...e.php?id=13858

Lyfa is also listed.

This studio has a good track record; I doubt we'll see them ruin the series.

A love triangle between Kirito, Asuna, and.. Heathcliff..? Isn't Heathcliff like 10 years older than both of them..?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 10:15   Link #823
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/en...e.php?id=13858

Lyfa is also listed.

This studio has a good track record; I doubt we'll see them ruin the series.

A love triangle between Kirito, Asuna, and.. Heathcliff..? Isn't Heathcliff like 10 years older than both of them..?
Lyfa is listed but there but it doesn't say her RL name either... I bet they got confused between the characters. Nothing more... Though we'll really have to wait to find out for sure. Just for the record I hope your right about the ALO arc... It would make the series that much better, IMO.

Doesn't matter in the game and they had no idea he was the bad guy... But when I was reading the volume I did think there might be something there. Though it was slight not really mentioned the thought did cross my mind briefly during a number of the exchanges she had with Heathcliff. Also when she found out he was the bad guy... She was distraught, though that was most likely because he was respected, but a part of me thought it might be more [ruined my bad love anime/manga I tell ya].
Old 2012-06-29, 10:22   Link #824
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Doesn't matter in the game and they had no idea he was the bad guy... But when I was reading the volume I did think there might be something there. Though it was slight not really mentioned the thought did cross my mind briefly during a number of the exchanges she had with Heathcliff. Also when she found out he was the bad guy... She was distraught, though that was most likely because he was respected, but a part of me thought it might be more [ruined my bad love anime/manga I tell ya].
.. I'd say it was because she had respected him immensely, and maybe even saw him as some sort of fatherly figure? Nah. Probably not.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:53   Link #825
firestalker5

I'm happy that it wasn't expanded to more than that in the novel. He kept it at respect level so that was good, but...

I'm reminded of Emma - A Victorian Romance - The manga hinted [and I mean that in the loosest form of the word] at possible triangle between the two leads and the butler of her new place of employ. Nothing ever happened nor did it even come close. But when the anime came out, it was all about triangle... They expanded that into a major thing for almost an entire season.

The hint of a triangle in the manga Emma was on the same level as a hint of romance between Asuna and Heathcliff in the novel.

Like I said... burned!
Old 2012-06-29, 11:26   Link #826
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I'm happy that it wasn't expanded to more than that in the novel. He kept it at respect level so that was good, but...

I'm reminded of Emma - A Victorian Romance - The manga hinted [and I mean that in the loosest form of the word] at possible triangle between the two leads and the butler of her new place of employ. Nothing ever happened nor did it even come close. But when the anime came out, it was all about triangle... They expanded that into a major thing for almost an entire season.

The hint of a triangle in the manga Emma was on the same level as a hint of romance between Asuna and Heathcliff in the novel.

Like I said... burned!
I think you're just being paranoid at this stage.

But this is show is about so much more. I'd go as far as to say it's pointless to make comparisons because of how different the two series are. Anyway, I seriously doubt the studio will do something like this.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:34   Link #827
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I think you're just being paranoid at this stage.

But this is show is about so much more. I'd go as far as to say it's pointless to make comparisons because of how different the two series are. Anyway, I seriously doubt the studio will do something like this.
I hope I am being paranoid.... I seriously hope.
Old 2012-06-29, 21:35   Link #828
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I hope I am being paranoid.... I seriously hope.
Lemme see...

Quote:
But when I was reading the volume I did think there might be something there. Though it was slight not really mentioned the thought did cross my mind briefly during a number of the exchanges she had with Heathcliff. Also when she found out he was the bad guy... She was distraught, though that was most likely because he was respected, but a part of me thought it might be more [ruined my bad love anime/manga I tell ya].
Yup, you are paranoid

Otherwise, not only was Asuna romantically inclined towards Heathcliff (despite what just happened recently with her and Kirito), so was everyone else in that boss fight, since they were all shocked and distraught with the revelations Oh Heathcliff you playboy you!
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 22:39   Link #829
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Lemme see...

Yup, you are paranoid

Otherwise, not only was Asuna romantically inclined towards Heathcliff (despite what just happened recently with her and Kirito), so was everyone else in that boss fight, since they were all shocked and distraught with the revelations Oh Heathcliff you playboy you!
Ok.... for one.... I said briefly as in a thought that was barely a thought. Two: That doesn't make me paranoid... Just because I had that thought for a brief moment doesn't mean it was true, it was a thought.

I also mentioned that in EMMA there was something similar. The butler showed a VERY SMALL interest in the lead, but that was it... There was no where for it to go and it didn't. But the anime added a massive amount to it. And I mean they took some that was hinted at and never spoken of and turned it into a freaking plot device. It was sad and depressing.

So, yeah, because of that I'm a little on the paranoid.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:11   Link #830
M.A.D

Quote:
Ok.... for one.... I said briefly as in a thought that was barely a thought. Two: That doesn't make me paranoid... Just because I had that thought for a brief moment doesn't mean it was true, it was a thought.

I also mentioned that in EMMA there was something similar. The butler showed a VERY SMALL interest in the lead, but that was it... There was no where for it to go and it didn't. But the anime added a massive amount to it. And I mean they took some that was hinted at and never spoken of and turned it into a freaking plot device. It was sad and depressing.

So, yeah, because of that I'm a little on the paranoid.
Actually, the fact that you have arrived at that thought at all is a suggestion of paranoia.

It wasn't even hinted in the novel that Asuna had even the slightest inclination of romance towards Heathcliff. Before falling in love with Kirito, she was a clearing monster who oversees her guild with strictness and cold, hard efficiency, with the only focus being clearing the game as soon as possible. There's no room for romance for her before Kirito came along, and after he did, well, you've seen how that turn out.

Heathcliff, on the other hand, might have crush on her. That, I'd like to see :P

And really, there's no need to worry about fillers for the 24 episodes at all. The novel itself is full of fillers. We have the whole Volume 1 and 2, in which volume 1 is already very long and eventful. There's also another side-story from volume 8, and then there's other unpublished side-stories as well. Including the one that was published recently, I can count at least 7.

To be honest, I'm more worried that they would actually try to cramp both SAO arc and ALO arc into 24 episodes. The ALO arc itself spanned 2 books, so it will take 10 to 12 episodes to air it all. That's already half of the total 24, but there are many details from the books that I don't want them to omit just for the sake of keeping it to 2 seasons.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 12:00   Link #831
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Actually, the fact that you have arrived at that thought at all is a suggestion of paranoia.

It wasn't even hinted in the novel that Asuna had even the slightest inclination of romance towards Heathcliff. Before falling in love with Kirito, she was a clearing monster who oversees her guild with strictness and cold, hard efficiency, with the only focus being clearing the game as soon as possible. There's no room for romance for her before Kirito came along, and after he did, well, you've seen how that turn out.

Heathcliff, on the other hand, might have crush on her. That, I'd like to see :P

And really, there's no need to worry about fillers for the 24 episodes at all. The novel itself is full of fillers. We have the whole Volume 1 and 2, in which volume 1 is already very long and eventful. There's also another side-story from volume 8, and then there's other unpublished side-stories as well. Including the one that was published recently, I can count at least 7.

To be honest, I'm more worried that they would actually try to cramp both SAO arc and ALO arc into 24 episodes. The ALO arc itself spanned 2 books, so it will take 10 to 12 episodes to air it all. That's already half of the total 24, but there are many details from the books that I don't want them to omit just for the sake of keeping it to 2 seasons.
You call me paranoid because I said that there was a hint of something, but you aren't for thinking that Heathcliff might have had something for Asuna?

Eitherway, it's mute... we'll figure it out later when they air the series.

Also, if it'll take 10 -12 episodes for the 2 volume ALO arc, then it should only take about that much to tell the 2 volume SAO arc as well... It's not pushing it to condense the series like that. There is a ton of stuff in both arcs that don't have to be there at all. They can get rid of more than a few places and scenes and still have the series be awesome... I just believe that the ending of volume 4 [ALO arc end] was a 1000 times better ending than the ending of the SAO arc. It felt and read more complete...
Old 2012-07-02, 12:24   Link #832
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I just believe that the ending of volume 4 [ALO arc end] was a 1000 times better ending than the ending of the SAO arc. It felt and read more complete...
that's because both SAO and ALO really belongs to a singular "story arc", which doesn't come to a conclusion 'til the end of ALO. Consider them part 1 and 2 if you will.

This is the reason I hope they will cover both SAO and ALO in the anime, as the story is nowhere near complete solely with the end of SAO.

also, Heathcliff is not romantically inclined towards anyone, Asuna included. Hell even if you really want to stretch things, you'd get a bromance with Heathcliff and Kirito before you'd get to Asuna :P
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 12:45   Link #833
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
also, Heathcliff is not romantically inclined towards anyone, Asuna included. Hell even if you really want to stretch things, you'd get a bromance with Heathcliff and Kirito before you'd get to Asuna :P
HAHAHa..... I can totally see that!!!!
Old 2012-07-02, 19:09   Link #834
sky black swordman

Look I never saw any hints that Heathcliff and Asuna may have I thing for one another . They only they was a respect for each others skills and combat abilities.

Season 1 of the not only include vol 1 but also a lot of SS that happend in between the chapters .
Season 2 while be about vol 3 and 4 and may also have at least 1 SS.
Well this just is my opinion.
Old 2012-07-02, 19:30   Link #835
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Look I never saw any hints that Heathcliff and Asuna may have I thing for one another . They only they was a respect for each others skills and combat abilities.

Season 1 of the not only include vol 1 but also a lot of SS that happend in between the chapters .
Season 2 while be about vol 3 and 4 and may also have at least 1 SS.
Well this just is my opinion.
I didn't say there was either... I just said that I thought that briefly as I was reading.

In Japan... a season is only 12-13 episodes long. That's why when they talk about 24-26 episodes series they call them "two season series" or "2 cour".

But really they can cut at least two of the SS down an episode each. Scilica and Lizbet SS can be only be one episode each. Their useless characters that add nothing to the storyline. They aren't even in the first and third volumes... They have a big role in the 2nd volume only because it's about them. The fourth volume has them at the end and only for a little bit as a way of closing their story-lines down and giving the fans a little explanation about what they have been doing since they were freed. Literally they add nothing to the story at all except to maybe add to the one-sided harem.

Actually you don't have to add them in, just show them briefly at the end like in the novels and then make a couple of OVAs about them.

Hell Shino has more scenes in the series and she doesn't even show up until the 5th volume. You can actually do without them, but since they already put them in then you can condense their story-lines to one episode and forget about them.

Yui is a little more important since she's in practically every volume after the second.

So, that leaves just the main storyline. That can be condensed rather nicely into a 10-12 episode season.

ALO is a two volume arc, but really you can get rid of a lot of the garbage in it. there is whole section in the 6th volume that has no real importance other than to set up for a SS later on [Elephant faced Jelly-fish?]. You can drop that whole section and have Lyfa and Kirito get to the main city without it... You would drop almost half that volume and not even miss a thing story-wise.

Bam! ALO 10-12 episodes.... DONE! No problem.

Seriously, people lack imagination if they think that putting the SAO and ALO arcs together will be crappy... And best of all, no crappy fillers that distract from the main story and break up the momentum.
Old 2012-07-02, 23:51   Link #836
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

some 4-koma from this month sword art online

Spoiler for 4-koma:
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 23:54   Link #837
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post

Spoiler for 4-koma:
Lol good job yui. Kirito's a guy anyway
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 00:42   Link #838
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:

Spoiler for 4-koma:
Haha, I love the SAO 4Komas. Although aside from the ones already on reader sites, they're kind of hard to track down.

Poor Kirito. Are white lies not forgivable?
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 04:34   Link #839
sky black swordman

Quote:

Spoiler for 4-koma:
LOL Nice one brother.

@Fallen3dge He said something like that in vol 3
Quote:
"I-... I am a man, so it can't be helped!!"
Old 2012-07-03, 23:57   Link #840
Nihgthawk

So I was reading some info about SAO and someone mentioned Moonlight Sculptor, I have no clue what this is can some one elaborate?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality