AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 14:57   Link #461
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
They figured it was safe, since he usually doesn't care about the ladies anyway.
He trusts his guitar more than women, at least the former doesn't cheat on him

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-05, 22:54   Link #462
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

In regards to the pics, let me speak a bit about the animation from the pics I've seen to date.

The artwork:
Zero is nicely redone with slight touch-ups barely noticeable since it's the closest to Frontier's art scheme now. M7 follows suit due to its release date being extremely close to when animation itself started to change (late 90s and in comparison with SDF) but also has fairly easy art to remaster. Even DYRL is redone beautifully given its original artwork from the 80s.
However; why is Plus coming up short then?
Every pic I've found with characters from Plus has the remastered footage looking blotchy or half-done. For instance, Myung above looks off by her facial features in comparison with the others.
For all the artwork they remastered, I find this to be very disturbing. Was Plus not worth their time to remaster the footage? I'm waiting on a Blu-Ray release of Plus too.
Old 2013-02-12, 11:02   Link #463
darkplataform

Old 2013-02-12, 11:27   Link #464
magnuskn

That mouth animation on the deformed Sheryl was pretty painful.

BTW, this Macross 30 project was for the new computer game or what exactly? I still haven't exactly got that right. The new characters ( from the first video ) look pretty okay.
Old 2013-02-12, 12:19   Link #465
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

PS3 game coming out soon, along with a novel to go with it. I think Ukyo Kodachi (MF novels) is in charge of the scenario of the game and will be writing the novel too.
Old 2013-02-12, 12:29   Link #466
magnuskn

Guess it was too much to hope for a new series so soon. <sigh> ^^

Thanks for the info, nonetheless! I hope someone summarizes the storyline of the game when it comes out.
Old 2013-02-13, 09:59   Link #467
maximilianjenus
[E]

Frontier is still a cash cow, so makinga new series might effectively kill it, so I guess they are going to wait until frontier dies more before makinga new series. I personally want a visual k macross.
Old 2013-02-13, 12:09   Link #468
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Then let's pray Frontier starts to die down so we can get a new series. We need a new Macross.
Old 2013-02-13, 12:24   Link #469
magnuskn

I'd personally hope for some more animated material based on Frontier and on the TV series to be exact. Two or three OVAs would be what the series needs for a proper ending.
Old 2013-02-13, 13:25   Link #470
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Going by the track record of how much time it took for a new animated Macross to come out, I don't think it has much if anything to do with Frontier's popularity 'dying off'. I think Kawamori's more of a person who likes to work on new ideas and projects that are interesting and inspiring to him. Whenever he gets a spark or finds a new field to explore in Macross, he'll probably go for that. This is pretty much why I like the franchise itself, it has some basics that it works with, but the overall feel I get from each new addition is something completely different and refreshing. I can also see why projects like this need time to make. And since I've waited so long for every one of them, I can wait some more. Maybe we'll get something tomorrow. Maybe in 10 years.

The game will have an original story along with pandering to fans of the other stories, it's just that those who don't speak Japanese or don't play games won't be getting anything from it. Well, I'll be getting the novel if it gets a paperback release, but that's still not the same.

As for Frontier, doubt anything new will be coming out for that, from Megane Kikuya's twitter, it looks like even FF is wrapping up next month. But again, who knows. Maybe we'll get that Magical Zentran Klan series someday.
Old 2013-02-13, 15:17   Link #471
magnuskn

I'd take that, with the other characters doing cameos. ^^
Old 2013-02-13, 16:56   Link #472
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

@Magnus: I agree with you on wanting more Frontier-related works (although I'll never admit defeat in the love triangle ever as you know). I'd love to see more of the characters, especially the side characters because I've found a love for Michael over his character arc and hate that he was killed off (also how little time they allowed Klan to transition). I want to see more things come to a close.
Now, they could do a three-set OVA: the first a recap of the entire series, the second with new footage continuing where the first OVA ended, and the last one with the finale to wrap up everything.
Wouldn't that be wonderful?

@Matts: I don't believe the delay was on purpose. Kawamori showed he'd gained back inspiration and ideas for the Macross universe that he'd lost after Zero. Frontier gave him many new ideas of how the series could go, especially with the fold quartz (adding a new means of communication and travel). There are many things he can do with the franchise from now on. So I really doubt we'll be waiting another five to ten years for another Macross.
Old 2013-02-14, 02:34   Link #473
magnuskn

Not seeing much sense in making a recap OVA, LMK. I'd rather have The Trial of Ranka Lee ( just kidding ).

Okay, seriously this time, the first OVA should clear up the loose ends of the finale, both in regards to plot and romance. The second should be a self-contained adventure, maybe regarding an old protoculture temple found on the new Frontier homeworld. And the third should be a slice-of-life episode which shows our how our protagonists deal with their new status as colonists on a new planet. Of course all three OVA's should come with at least two concerts and new Sheryl and Ranka songs.
Old 2013-02-14, 02:54   Link #474
Thess

Nice! Thank you for the videos. So it seems they are going for DYRL and the Frontier TV series continuities for this project?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-02-22, 13:25   Link #475
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I wanted to ask a question in regards to the timeline, since Yot-chan is around.

Do we know a timeline for Frontier? At first people talked about the movies, now I've seen some claim for a fact it's the TV series, but Michael seems to be alive and well, so even if it is the TV series, this would mean a timeslip for the cast before the events of episode 15, since Sheryl is all well and fine. I'm kind of confused, do we have to wait until the game comes out, or has this been clarified?
Old 2013-02-22, 15:17   Link #476
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I personally bet its an alternative timeline like the movies were. It would be easier to accept too given that the other franchises are also entering the Frontier universe.
Old 2013-02-23, 14:11   Link #477
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Old 2013-02-23, 15:46   Link #478
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
I think I'm most interested about the part where Sheryl meats Sara Nome. :<

And they realllly have to tease about whos going to take over singing for the future (or w.e) dont they.

Seems like they pass of off to either Sheryl or Ranka, and are being such teasers about it.
Old 2013-02-23, 15:58   Link #479
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Um, Minmay is passing the "torch" to Mina Forte, the blue haired new girl, not Sheryl or Ranka. They are old now, time for new blood. If I misunderstood your post, sorry.
Old 2013-02-23, 16:04   Link #480
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

There alot character interactions that i want to see ...... i think the hilarious ones are Sheryl meet Basara ..... then Ozuma charges in .... Then Basara is already sortied to where Nekki Basara does best ... wooing galactic whale and 50ft fangirls
Closed Thread