AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-02, 04:40   Link #681
Fwarlord

It's amazed me to no end how some people could be in such denial even though the truth is so obvious... When someone's gone after serving their purpose, we should learn to let them go, it's for the best.
Old 2014-11-02, 05:01   Link #682
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
It's amazed me to no end how some people could be in such denial even though the truth is so obvious... When someone's gone after serving their purpose, we should learn to let them go, it's for the best.
It's because we've grown to love them

Out of all of Seo Kouji's manga's, that i've read, Fuuka is probably the most loveable one... Also, we're talking about Seo Kouji... A pair he introduced at first is almost always bound to end up together (like Suzuka and Yamato, Yuzuki and Haruto, and i now hoped for Fuuka and Yuu)... I know that people were saying how he's predictable, but he shouldn't have done this... Of course, this doesn't mean that i plan on dropping this manga, since this made for one hell of a chance to make a great manga, we'll just see if Seo can use it...

Now i'm off to start reading Skip Beat, but if i don't do that, then i'm going to be re-reading interesting parts of Kimi no Iru Machi...
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 07:03   Link #683
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
It's because we've grown to love them

Out of all of Seo Kouji's manga's, that i've read, Fuuka is probably the most loveable one... Also, we're talking about Seo Kouji... A pair he introduced at first is almost always bound to end up together (like Suzuka and Yamato, Yuzuki and Haruto, and i now hoped for Fuuka and Yuu)... I know that people were saying how he's predictable, but he shouldn't have done this... Of course, this doesn't mean that i plan on dropping this manga, since this made for one hell of a chance to make a great manga, we'll just see if Seo can use it...

Now i'm off to start reading Skip Beat, but if i don't do that, then i'm going to be re-reading interesting parts of Kimi no Iru Machi...
A bit part of the denial has to do with the simple fact that Fuuka is the daughter of Suzuka. We've known about her for years. Her being born was the happy ending of Suzuka. She cameo'd in Kimi No Iru Machi. She's not a heroine that just hung around for a few months then died, she's a big part of Seo Kouji's general slice of life lore. That's why it's so hard to accept.

By comparison, The main heroine of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is sort of similar to Fuuka with the whole free spirited/musical thing and breaking the main character out of his shell, and she's probably going to die. It's depressing, but it's not quite as bad as Fuuka because of the attachment that goes in with that. The attachment to Fuuka goes beyond her as an individual character. If the lead in "Fuuka" wasn't the daughter of Yamato and Suzuka a lot of people would probably have an easier time accepting it. If it was just a new creation, who also died, there would probably be just as much rage, but less denial.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 09:17   Link #684
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The whole denial thing went from being "meh" and is beginning to be a bit annoying guys...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 10:10   Link #685
havensgate
skull one

its like "romeo and juliet" story, but both romeo and juliet died (very) early
i wonder why shakespeare didnt pull this stunt
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 10:14   Link #686
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
A bit part of the denial has to do with the simple fact that Fuuka is the daughter of Suzuka. We've known about her for years. Her being born was the happy ending of Suzuka. She cameo'd in Kimi No Iru Machi. She's not a heroine that just hung around for a few months then died, she's a big part of Seo Kouji's general slice of life lore. That's why it's so hard to accept.

By comparison, The main heroine of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is sort of similar to Fuuka with the whole free spirited/musical thing and breaking the main character out of his shell, and she's probably going to die. It's depressing, but it's not quite as bad as Fuuka because of the attachment that goes in with that. The attachment to Fuuka goes beyond her as an individual character. If the lead in "Fuuka" wasn't the daughter of Yamato and Suzuka a lot of people would probably have an easier time accepting it. If it was just a new creation, who also died, there would probably be just as much rage, but less denial.
I understand you... If Seo had killed Sara or Koyuki off, i wouldn't really care, but Fuuka is the daughter of Seo's first manga i read... It especially hit me hard since 2-3 days ago i re-read Suzuka 2... Oh the feels at that time...

He could've made it so that a bus hit the whole band, and everyone died, except Yuu who's critical, and i would've taken it more lightly...
Old 2014-11-02, 10:19   Link #687
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The whole denial thing went from being "meh" and is beginning to be a bit annoying guys...
Don't be mistaken, i'm not in denial that she died, i'm just very sad... I'm still hoping that Seo brings her back, but by thinking about it logically:

1. At the first page of chapter 37, it's said that she, Fuuka, went earlier, which can mean that she died (and it probably means that).
2. We had her funeral, which is in 97,5% a confirmation of death...
3. Looking at chapter 38 raws, and Fuuka isn't back.

So, she's most likely dead...

So, at the end, wishing Fuuka is alive is not me being in denial, but my wishful thinking.... While i rationally know that there's almost no chance of her coming back (unless Yuu goes bonkers and starts imagining her at his every step...)

And let's be honest, Seo could've made a better chapter 38 (unless it leads to something big (i'm hoping it's not gonna lead into Yaoi...))...
Old 2014-11-02, 12:08   Link #688
Legendzerox

Well I saw the raws and that chapter is so laughable. Through that chapter and Seo's twitter, I can feel satisfied knowing I came to a decision to drop this after the english translations come out and chapter 38 will be my last. Shes dead guys, get over it and move on, drop it or keep reading.
Legendzerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 13:21   Link #689
konokon
Banned

Hey All

I still Think Seo Kouji Like or Love Happy Things .

So I am still Optimistic to some extent even though I know The Truth The Reality

Seo Kouji Is Average Writer Author and better Artist and still Virtual identities were and many still are Interested and even Claim It's is Fresh Approach . Really ?

Maybe These Virtual Identities never much read manga because Whole Manga World
is full of Accidents and then Life changing Moments and Especially MANGA based on MUSIC Have these kind of Upsetting Moments .

Seo Kouji is good at DRAMA And Romance and this is where Seo Kouji is paying attention.
Seo Kouji can not do Music Properly and This is clear If you seen and Read Earlier Chapters

So Those Expecting some good development from future chapters from Seo Kouji will come to check the Reality and Truth too .

Everyone is becoming ADVOCATE of Seo Kouji and try to Justify Seo Kouji Action and their Wish Fulfillment but all in all truth is

Seo Kouji added FORCED DRAMA which everyone was expecting and this Drama is as usual Seo Kouji Style Illogical to some extent

Seo Kouji Can do Good Things Show Good Moments but Seo Kouji Cannot Continue it Long and there Seo Kouji Start to do What Seo Kouji Know Best to do .
konokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 13:38   Link #690
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by konokon View Post
Hey All

So I am still Optimistic to some extent even though I know The Truth The Reality

Seo Kouji Is Average Writer Author and better Artist and still Virtual identities were and many still are Interested and even Claim It's is Fresh Approach . Really ?

is full of Accidents and then Life changing Moments and Especially MANGA based on MUSIC Have these kind of Upsetting Moments .

Seo Kouji is good at DRAMA And Romance and this is where Seo Kouji is paying attention.
Seo Kouji can not do Music Properly and This is clear If you seen and Read Earlier Chapters

So Those Expecting some good development from future chapters from Seo Kouji will come to check the Reality and Truth too .

Everyone is becoming ADVOCATE of Seo Kouji and try to Justify Seo Kouji Action and their Wish Fulfillment but all in all truth is

Seo Kouji added FORCED DRAMA which everyone was expecting and this Drama is as usual Seo Kouji Style Illogical to some extent

Seo Kouji Can do Good Things Show Good Moments but Seo Kouji Cannot Continue it Long and there Seo Kouji Start to do What Seo Kouji Know Best to do .
Ok we get it (despite not understanding half of what you write), you didn't like what Seo did, you didn't like that he killed Fuuka, you're pissed at Seo for doing that he did. If you're that upset just drop the manga already and stop coming around this forum because it'll only serve to annoy you and in turn your complaining will annoy others.

You may not like what Seo did, that's fine, that's totally your right...but just because you didn't like what an author did, doesn't make it bad writing. Just because Seo's plot went a certain why that is not pleasing to you, it does not make Seo a bad writer. You don't call people that write manga you don't like "bad writers"...hell, I hate mecha manga but I would never call mangaka that make mecha manga bad authors...

And for the love of god stop with the "Virtual Identities this and Virtual Identities that" it's an annoying term...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 15:28   Link #691
Bombo
TSF Fans

I will wait two or three chapters to confirm her death...Because i'm believe seo making this a dream for yuu ��
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 16:06   Link #692
Legendzerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I will wait two or three chapters to confirm her death...Because i'm believe seo making this a dream for yuu ��
Well the dream theory is out the window, and the hospital one is unlikely. At this point, if anything, Fuuka will get a rez similar to Clannad. If she is to live. Otherwise its gonna go like everyone else thinks its gonna happen. Seriously, quit fucking hoping and move on. Shes dead. If it affects you too much, drop it like I am going to most likely do. I do want to see what was written in this chapter though since I saw chinese raws and I cant read it.
Old 2014-11-02, 17:13   Link #693
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by konokon View Post
Hey All

Seo Kouji is not a bad author... Every author has something he's bad at and something he's good at. Seo is good at romance and drama. Just because they made a band doesn't make this a music manga, it makes it a romance manga with a sub-genre of music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Ok we get it (despite not understanding half of what you write), you didn't like what Seo did, you didn't like that he killed Fuuka, you're pissed at Seo for doing that he did. If you're that upset just drop the manga already and stop coming around this forum because it'll only serve to annoy you and in turn your complaining will annoy others.

You may not like what Seo did, that's fine, that's totally your right...but just because you didn't like what an author did, doesn't make it bad writing. Just because Seo's plot went a certain why that is not pleasing to you, it does not make Seo a bad writer. You don't call people that write manga you don't like "bad writers"...hell, I hate mecha manga but I would never call mangaka that make mecha manga bad authors...

And for the love of god stop with the "Virtual Identities this and Virtual Identities that" it's an annoying term...
I agree with you on that we shouldn't label authors that we don't like as bad (but i'm quite sure i do it from time to time...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I'm also hoping for that, but i'm 97,5% sure that ain't happening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
Well the dream theory is out the window, and the hospital one is unlikely. At this point, if anything, Fuuka will get a rez similar to Clannad. If she is to live. Otherwise its gonna go like everyone else thinks its gonna happen. Seriously, quit fucking hoping and move on. Shes dead. If it affects you too much, drop it like I am going to most likely do. I do want to see what was written in this chapter though since I saw chinese raws and I cant read it.
I agree that at this point, almost every theory is out of the window (unless he kills Yuu off and makes it about their life in afterlife...). I won't be disillusioned by my emotions (atleast i'm trying not to be), and won't go saying she's alive, she got to be... She's most likely dead... But one thing that also made me somewhat mad is, from looking at the raws, so don't take it at face value, is that Seo could've used her death so, so much better....

I also won't be dropping this... Whatever some might say, i like Seo's way of writing, and i'll keep reading, but with every chapter i'll remember Fuuka, and it'll make me sad... Oh well, if Seo is smart, he'll be able to turn this into a masterpiece
Old 2014-11-02, 17:44   Link #694
Legendzerox

Quote:
Seo Kouji is not a bad author... Every author has something he's bad at and something he's good at. Seo is good at romance and drama. Just because they made a band doesn't make this a music manga, it makes it a romance manga with a sub-genre of music!

I agree with you on that we shouldn't label authors that we don't like as bad (but i'm quite sure i do it from time to time...)

I'm also hoping for that, but i'm 97,5% sure that ain't happening...

I agree that at this point, almost every theory is out of the window (unless he kills Yuu off and makes it about their life in afterlife...). I won't be disillusioned by my emotions (atleast i'm trying not to be), and won't go saying she's alive, she got to be... She's most likely dead... But one thing that also made me somewhat mad is, from looking at the raws, so don't take it at face value, is that Seo could've used her death so, so much better....

I also won't be dropping this... Whatever some might say, i like Seo's way of writing, and i'll keep reading, but with every chapter i'll remember Fuuka, and it'll make me sad... Oh well, if Seo is smart, he'll be able to turn this into a masterpiece
You will have to tell me how it is and where it goes, this manga died for me when Fuuka died.
Old 2014-11-02, 19:38   Link #695
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well read chapter 38 and that'll be it i dont need to read a manga like that it was pathetic honestly

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 19:57   Link #696
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Seo is good at romance and drama.
If he was good at drama, you wouldn't see so many people outraged at Fuuka getting run over by a bus
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 20:47   Link #697
Mitcher
Ultimate Ojou

Welp, chapter 38 pretty much makes clear that Fuuka's dead for sure, and I suppose Seo's tweet too. It's over now.

That being said, I'll keep reading this. I want to see how the story continues without Fuuka.
Mitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 21:32   Link #698
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitcher View Post
Welp, chapter 38 pretty much makes clear that Fuuka's dead for sure, and I suppose Seo's tweet too. It's over now.

That being said, I'll keep reading this. I want to see how the story continues without Fuuka.
which tweet are you talking about?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 21:33   Link #699
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I think the key words of this thread sums it up nicely, lol. "why seo why", indeed...

What's important is that Fuuka doesn't 'fade'. Sure she's dead, but the memory ought to live on. Some people might not like the mopey remembrance carp, or the drama sadness, but that's definitely going to be the driving factor for our protagonist here on out.

I'd find it nice that at the last concert he catches a glimpse of her on stage or something supernatural/symbolic. Not necessary, this is a turn for the better, it's emotionally jarring and deep even for a casual guy who never really connected to Seo's work.

I don't think anyone could bring themselves to dislike that girl when they saw that picture of her on the pavement... Argh... So peaceful, so picturesque, so so sad....

Last edited by Mach56gs; 2014-11-02 at 22:01.
Mach56gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 21:38   Link #700
Mitcher
Ultimate Ojou

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
which tweet are you talking about?
This one:

https://twitter.com/seokouji/status/...781824/photo/1
Mitcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, music, romance, seo being seo, seo kouji, shounen, tragedy