AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-07, 12:51   Link #1781
Mirable
ミラベル

Too bad for Karina but at least she still not give up on him. When Satou first met her, she gave him a bad impressions so he views her annoying most of time.

I think Karina will get better chance with Satou in LN version. In LN Satou met Karina early then WN. She joins Satou's group and travel with them to the Muno castle.

During that time she happening show a lot of side we didn't see in WN which give Satou have a good impressions about her.
Spoiler for Event in vol 4:
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 15:20   Link #1782
InMyOwnMind

What's the deal with the shitty prince of Shiga?
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 15:28   Link #1783
Sablecaballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyOwnMind View Post
What's the deal with the shitty prince of Shiga?
As usual in royalty... they are snobs who deserve a kick in the ass. Satou has had too much good luck about that, almost all the nobles he has found were pretty nice people.

Plus Satou seems to think he's planning something bad involving demons and the visit of the king... we'll see in the next chapters
Sablecaballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 15:43   Link #1784
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sablecaballero View Post
As usual in royalty... they are snobs who deserve a kick in the ass. Satou has had too much good luck about that, almost all the nobles he has found were pretty nice people.

Plus Satou seems to think he's planning something bad involving demons and the visit of the king... we'll see in the next chapters
I thought it was weird a person like that didn't appear sooner...

I hoped that Satou would get angry, take either Durandal, Excalibur or Longinus out, and make him shit his pants... I always wish that happens to characters like that...
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 15:57   Link #1785
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
I thought it was weird a person like that didn't appear sooner...

I hoped that Satou would get angry, take either Durandal, Excalibur or Longinus out, and make him shit his pants... I always wish that happens to characters like that...
Truth be told, I thought that the head nobles of Muno (Karina's family) would've been like that before meeting; that label was completely broken once Satou was able to meet them.

If Satou was ever to do something like that, then he attract more people towards himself than usual (since there were witnesses to see them, especially Karina who was stated to have knowledge of Holy Swords). While I do agree that the prince would've probably do the action you've stated, there's also the possibility that prince would also do something stupid (in which I wouldn't put behind him). Since he's the prince of a kingdom, doing a stunt like that (for some reason) reeks of politics happening soon (especially with the Ringlande and the Hero being close by).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 17:41   Link #1786
moridin84
Custom User Title

I always see complaints about Satou acting weak and hiding his power in the comments of the translated chapters. However, for me him being doing that is one of a big draws. Seeing him resolve problems with minimal conflict and cleverly deceiving people about his ability is something I find really entertaining.

There are already a lot of light novels which have an OP main character stomping all over people, I think Satou's attitude is what makes this web novel stand out.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 17:45   Link #1787
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I always see complaints about Satou acting weak and hiding his power in the comments of the translated chapters. However, for me him being doing that is one of a big draws. Seeing him resolve problems with minimal conflict and cleverly deceiving people about his ability is something I find really entertaining.

There are already a lot of light novels which have an OP main character stomping all over people, I think Satou's attitude is what makes this web novel stand out.
I absolutely agree with you. Satou handling things maturely is something I like. So many people seem to want him to just casually kill people that offend him which completely doesn't go with his character.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 17:56   Link #1788
Sablecaballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I absolutely agree with you. Satou handling things maturely is something I like. So many people seem to want him to just casually kill people that offend him which completely doesn't go with his character.
Yup, it's much more satisfactory when they recive a visit from Nanashi or Kuro
Sablecaballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 18:19   Link #1789
serbian otaku #1

Quote:

I agree, but i hate snobish people... It takes a real good guy to hold back on stomping someone that's hundreds, if not thousands, of times weaker than him.

Stuff like these is what makes this novel stand out
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 18:22   Link #1790
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:

I also agree with your post. While it's true that Satou is definitely strong, I find it great how he resolves things with minimal conflict/issues (which is why I like the WN a lot). I find it better than just making a situation more worse than it needs to be (or at least letting the future consequences being small to none, unlike other stories where the future consequences (like gaining attention) might be something they can't handle).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 21:31   Link #1791
handoi1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Too bad for Karina but at least she still not give up on him. When Satou first met her, she gave him a bad impressions so he views her annoying most of time.

I think Karina will get better chance with Satou in LN version. In LN Satou met Karina early then WN. She joins Satou's group and travel with them to the Muno castle.

During that time she happening show a lot of side we didn't see in WN which give Satou have a good impressions about her.
Spoiler for Event in vol 4:
Is there any group translating the LN ? I really want to try LN ^^
Old 2015-08-07, 22:49   Link #1792
SineMora
Wait for it...

I heard something happens to the brat... but what it is?

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 00:11   Link #1793
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Satou is, for the better or worse, a reasonable, mature, adult protagonist.

People who like edgy cocky teen LN/WN heroes tends to find him "boring".
Old 2015-08-08, 06:06   Link #1794
Namorax

I've read stories about mature and reasonable protagonists... maybe it was because they were western novels, but those protagonists weren't as boring as Satou.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 07:20   Link #1795
medassin

Quote:

i agree with u. the ways satou resolve problem how fun of it. well, if he need baddass, there a lot chance he will deal it with hero-transform
medassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 07:57   Link #1796
iambill10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
I've read stories about mature and reasonable protagonists... maybe it was because they were western novels, but those protagonists weren't as boring as Satou.
Are they as overpowered as MC? Because that's one way to look at it. If Satou is not that overpowered, then he would have took a different action and mindset.
iambill10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 08:34   Link #1797
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
One needs to remember that Satou is a protagonist, but not a hero.
And Death March is, for now, mostly a slice of life story, not action one.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 01:31   Link #1798
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Calm down there Zena, you're lookin' mighty heroine-ish.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-08-09, 01:44   Link #1799
Xacual

Zena looks pretty big there, wasn't it mentioned that she was pretty flat/small?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 02:38   Link #1800
Breimn

I dont think it was ever mentioned. She is small by MC standards since he likes hot babes but she is pretty normal.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring