Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-01-24, 01:16   Link #1101
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintrips View Post
first of all... i am chilean and i have a bad english... but this is the best place to find information about FMP(i think)...so i have questions...

1.- Exist a final for FMP now??
2.- (if the first answer is "NO") has sousuke rescue chidori??
3.- When we will have the translations(To English) of TMMD and the next novel(i forgot the name LOL xD)...[An estimated time...so when you think...]
4.- Someone can speak english and spanish?... because all the latin fans of FMP we have to wait a lot of time To read the novels... to translate the novels...A person with great heart jejejeje

Spoiler:

Thanks to all and good luck :
Hey I couldnt figure out everything your asking but I'll try to answer your question.

1. I'm assuming your asking has the story concluded. thats a big negative, the main plot is still being written. The current Novel "Get Together and Make my Day" is still being released in the Dragon Magazine in Japan. I beleive the nxt release is the last chapter from what I've heard. There is still one more book following the current book to wrap up the main plot which isnt even in production yet (from what I've heard atleast).

2. No Sousuke has not rescued Kaname yet. He is trying his best and in the previous chapter came within meters of her only to see her whisked away in a helicopter. Were all crossing our fingers hoping the next chapter will be the rescue/reunion.

3. A release date on translated novels? I kid you not when I say atleast another year if not more. The woman (Brandi) who does the translations is married and works so she translates them in her spare time. additionally she doesnt only translate Full Metal Panic so it will get done when she gets time for it.

Additionally there is no word as to if she has even started "Buring one man force" which takes place before the current novel "Get Together and Make my Day". Keep in mind when she did the translation for "Dancing Very Merry Christmas" it look over a year from beginning to end.

Far as the Next novel which hasnt even been given a title yet(atleast not that im aware of), well thats a ways off. We'll just have to wait for summaries for now and see how it goes from there.

If more people decide to take up translating the novels it could arrive much quicker but at this point only Brandi is known to be translating the novels.

Were very lucky we have HunterSeeker to inform us on the latest happening in the world of Full Metal Panic, which we all appreciate greatly.

4. Ehh sorry I cant speak spanish, but maybe theres someone out there. Brandi is only translating the novels to english.

Try this, not sure it will help much but maybe it will make reading out posts easier.
http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

Additionally you can buy a translator to translate the PDFs Brandi releases to spanish (Not sure how well it will work)
heres a site I found with a quick google search
http://www.translationsoftware4u.com...nversion.shtml

If you search more you may be able to find free versions.

5. Far as time thats passed, no ones really sure how much time has passed between COMO and the current novel, I would say more then a month but not more then a year. I know thats a big time gap but I'm jsut not sure, sorry.

Well I hope that answers your questions. Additionally you can go to previous pages of this thread and most of the informaiton I've listed can be found, perhaps more in depth.

Last edited by Jehuty77; 2007-01-24 at 01:37.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 03:37   Link #1102
MeggieMay

I have a question (if its been asked before in the thread, I didn't see the answer). When is Dragon Magazine published? I believe the magazine comes out monthly, going by this thread, but what time of the month does it usually come out during (I can't quite figure that out from the posts in the thread)?
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 04:13   Link #1103
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
5. Far as time thats passed, no ones really sure how much time has passed between COMO and the current novel, I would say more then a month but not more then a year. I know thats a big time gap but I'm jsut not sure, sorry.

Well I hope that answers your questions. Additionally you can go to previous pages of this thread and most of the informaiton I've listed can be found, perhaps more in depth.
I have read somewhere that Al in the last chapter has said that "he" has starting working with Sousuke more than a year ago and that "he" was separated from Sousuke for more or less 6 month.

If someone (HunterSeeker ) could say if this info are true that would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay
When is Dragon Magazine published? I believe the magazine comes out monthly, going by this thread, but what time of the month does it usually come out during (I can't quite figure that out from the posts in the thread)?
The Dragon Magazine is published the last week (last tuesday :??: ) of each month so this month it's the 30.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 05:06   Link #1104
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Actually DM releases around 28th of every month, but I can only get info a few days later at the very least. And yeah, MMD11 (coming up next week) will be the last of MMD, while rumours/Mr Gatou's words mention the next Chapter is probably the final chapter of FMP Main Plot.

Spoiler:
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 09:13   Link #1105
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Actually DM releases around 28th of every month, but I can only get info a few days later at the very least. And yeah, MMD11 (coming up next week) will be the last of MMD, while rumours/Mr Gatou's words mention the next Chapter is probably the final chapter of FMP Main Plot.

Spoiler:

Hmmm last chap in the main plot. That would leave ALOT unanswered and I don't think they can resolve everything in one chapter. That gives Sousuke one chapter to play with his new ARX-8? I'm pretty sure thats what it is, a rumor. Sure hope Gatou doesn't do that. >_< I mean I know we are all eager for the finale, but I seriously think it is WAY too soon.

Last edited by Generalgm; 2007-01-24 at 09:26.
Generalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 09:29   Link #1106
Miles Teg

The rumor i have heard was that the next novel will finish the main plot, not the next chapter.

But the next chapter could end the main story of MMD and after that we could have an epilogue who will conclude the book.

To have info about the Dragon magazine -> http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/magazine/doramaga/

The next one will be released the 01/30/2007
Old 2007-01-24, 09:42   Link #1107
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The rumor i have heard was that the next novel will finish the main plot, not the next chapter.

But the next chapter could end the main story of MMD and after that we could have an epilogue who will conclude the book.

To have info about the Dragon magazine -> http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/magazine/doramaga/

The next one will be released the 01/30/2007
Seriously, if that is true, I am not going to like it. Its ends everything so abruptly. ya know?
That Sousuke on the cover?
He looks kinda cool there lol
Old 2007-01-24, 10:20   Link #1108
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Wha? Nooo! I want a Belial-Laevatein showdown and i don't think a single chapter can cover it all. Plus Leo is injured. I don't want FMP to end that way T_T

Oh well, it's sill a rumor.
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 10:33   Link #1109
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Wha? Nooo! I want a Belial-Laevatein showdown and i don't think a single chapter can cover it all. Plus Leo is injured. I don't want FMP to end that way T_T

Oh well, it's sill a rumor.
I'm thinking thats all it is, a rumor, but if Gatou said it...esh. Lets just hope they don't end it abruptly like that. I mean if it is regarding to MMD ending, then I could see that, but the main series ending? very anticlimactic. Then again if it ends with Sousuke and Kaname kissing n whatnot, that should remedy us for a bit lol

Last edited by Generalgm; 2007-01-24 at 10:36. Reason: lol, gammar
Generalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 11:23   Link #1110
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post

Spoiler:
So from this info :

MMD start at the end of may (20/05) and right now it's probably the end of June.
BOMF has ended at the end of March (25/03 = 56 day before MMD) and has started at the beginning of the same month (Two weeks in Namsak).
COMO has taken place at the beginning of February (one month before BOMF and more or less one month before the end of the school year).

So if we use that we have a little less than Four month between COMO and MMD and a little more than one month since the beginning of MMD.
Old 2007-01-24, 12:16   Link #1111
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
wha... If the next chapter is the last, I'm just praying they dont end it with Kaname or Sousuke dieing and a sad ending.

But then agian the author could pull off a miracle and pull everything together with a happy ending. For the time being I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but if the ending isnt very good He'll have alot of angry fans to deal with.

My guess is that when he says it will bring the main plot to an end they mean the plot revolving aroudn the kidnapping of Kaname, not the entier series since theres alot to accomplish including the downfall of Amalgam in one chapter.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 23:15   Link #1112
MeggieMay

Thank you to everyone who answered my quesiton on when the magazine is published each month and for the link . As to the rumor on FMP main plotline ending - I thought I read earlier in this thread that Gatou said he planned on ending the story around the time of FMP's 11th Anniversary. It stuck in my mind because I did the math and that would make the story end in 2009 (if it started in 1998, that would be the 11th Anniversary). That would give Gatou time to write one or two more books if he wanted to (with one book possibly being a collection of any remaining short stories). As to MMD, I do think it might be coming to a conclusion but I agree with those who say that would a very abrupt place to end the entire story.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 00:00   Link #1113
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm View Post
Seriously, if that is true, I am not going to like it. Its ends everything so abruptly. ya know?
That Sousuke on the cover?
He looks kinda cool there lol
Nah, no scar on the left cheek. Not Sousuke, though he does look pretty similar. At least it doesn't look like he has the scar...
Old 2007-01-25, 01:37   Link #1114
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Nah, no scar on the left cheek. Not Sousuke, though he does look pretty similar. At least it doesn't look like he has the scar...
I just resized the pic on photoshop, It seems there is a scar, but it is very faint.
Old 2007-01-25, 16:53   Link #1115
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Well, if it is him, it looks like his clothes were picked out by the artist of Yu-Gi-Oh...
Old 2007-01-25, 17:57   Link #1116
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

nooo!!!! must have closure in this "book"!!!!!!
a full book of epilogue/denemount/fumoffu!?2 would be great

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 00:01   Link #1117
Dragon_Ninja

Its been awhile since I was on here, but I had a lack of time to go on forums and stuff. Anyways, I've missed quite a few spoilers, so I'm not totally sure on what everyone is talking about. However, it looks as though FMP is almost over. Although, I hope that it doesn't end in just one more chapter, and that there is a final novel which will close the whole story (and not leave a bunch of questions unanswered). Plus, if I recall correctly, didn't someone mention on this thread that there was supposed to be one more novel to come out before the series ended?

On a side note, Its been awhile since I've read the novels, and I wanted to reread them, however, I can't find the link to the site where I found them on. If its not too much trouble, could someone give me a link to the translated novels ?
Dragon_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 00:05   Link #1118
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Ninja View Post
Its been awhile since I was on here, but I had a lack of time to go on forums and stuff. Anyways, I've missed quite a few spoilers, so I'm not totally sure on what everyone is talking about. However, it looks as though FMP is almost over. Although, I hope that it doesn't end in just one more chapter, and that there is a final novel which will close the whole story (and not leave a bunch of questions unanswered). Plus, if I recall correctly, didn't someone mention on this thread that there was supposed to be one more novel to come out before the series ended?

On a side note, Its been awhile since I've read the novels, and I wanted to reread them, however, I can't find the link to the site where I found them on. If its not too much trouble, could someone give me a link to the translated novels ?
Well, I kinda assumed that there would be another novel after this, because it only feels right that they would dedicate one more novel between the final showdown with Amalgam.
Yea I sure hope this next chapter is not the last. : \
Old 2007-01-28, 01:49   Link #1119
FlawlessAccident

Hi. I am new to this forum. I stumbled on it while looking for a site that contains Full Metal Panic mangas. Can someone tell me a site where I can view Full Metal Panic mangas? I'm sorry this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but I have been looking for a Full Metal Panic site for a long time, apparently its not as popular as other mangas such as Naruto, Bleach, and Deathnote so I'm having a hard time finding one. I would really appreciate it if someone were to inform of a site ASAP. Thank you and good day.

Last edited by FlawlessAccident; 2007-01-28 at 02:26.
FlawlessAccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 11:58   Link #1120
Dragon_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm View Post
Well, I kinda assumed that there would be another novel after this, because it only feels right that they would dedicate one more novel between the final showdown with Amalgam.
Yea I sure hope this next chapter is not the last. : \
Well, I'm sure that there will at least be one more novel. Because, I honestly don't think that its possible to end the story in just one more chapter. Even if it were to be seriously rushed. And its really dissapointing when they end a series in a rushed manner (Yu Yu Hakusho would be a perfect example of that; although the actual ending of it was great, because it answered a good amoung of questions, and left the show with a good sense of closure ). Anyways, I'm sure that the author wouldn't try ending it in just one more chapter, however I'm sure its possible to end the whole Amalgam thing in one chapter, if it was an extremely long chapter (like 70 pages or something).
Dragon_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen