AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

View Poll Results: Asatte no Houkou Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 2 8.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-10, 22:51   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think it's easy to forget that Tetsu is only a sixth-grader, given his physical appearance - as sensei said, he and Karada look like a couple. He's a pretty tragic character in all this, as I see it - a social outcast who has lost his only friend, and I just don't see any way he'll be able to cope with the reality if and when its presented to him.

Very strong episode, IMO - almost a 10. When this series goes for angst, it doesn't pull any punches.
Old 2007-01-10, 23:45   Link #22
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinaea View Post
i wish that JC staff would have eased off on the random fan service here and there, tho.
Ya, what the heck!? Honestly this anime has nothing to do with fanservice at all! I was going through the first episode and they randomly show Houkou's boobs from Hiro's perspective and I'm like O.o? As if having Karada in a bikini wasn't bad enough, they have to go and do that too? This is such a nice series too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinaea View Post
or will their actual insight change their relationships (this seems likely, but shoko is drifting away from hiro).
Hiro just needs to realize what he really wants and go search for Karada. I think that should be enough to get back on Shoukou's good side...hopefully

Last edited by Ziv; 2007-01-11 at 04:12.
Old 2007-01-16, 23:34   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I miss Shouko (and her terrific seiyuu as well). She's gotten so much less screen time than Karada these past few episodes....
The small amount of voice time for Itou Shizuka (and Shouko) through too much of the series is about the only thing about this excellent show that disappointed me. She made me a fan of hers in the first few eps, then she faded from prominence.

To make up for it, here is some info about her, and here is a pic:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-01-21, 11:11   Link #24
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I miss Shouko (and her terrific seiyuu as well). She's gotten so much less screen time than Karada these past few episodes.
So very true. I can't say I am interested in Tetsu's at all, so I wasn't exactly thrilled by this episode, especially since nothing much happened in it.

Old 2007-01-28, 16:30   Link #25
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Real Name

I'm dissapproving of the direction the plot is heading to.

While I have never been a reader to the manga myself I can tell that since the previous episode to this one the storyline has shifted and is mostly focusing on the adult Karada.
At the start of the anime I thought the plot would focus between the three- Shouko, Karada, and Hiro to find out about the causes of each other's tribulations and unhappiness in the past so as to learn something new from themselves to overcome them. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Quite an irony that chibi-Shouko decides to pack and leave Ryo definitely much the same he did to her in the past.
Old 2007-02-26, 23:29   Link #26
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I'm probably in the acute minority here, but Karada is killing the show for me. I know, I know... small kid, so some level of immaturity is to be expected, but urgh... The lack of Shouko was a letdown too.

Probably the best part of the episode was the interaction between Shiyozaki and her sensei.

06/10 for this episode.

Natch.