AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 22:28   Link #861
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sentinel's Song

I would say that this episode was evenly pace due that all subplots were fairly developed with more or less the enough amount of time neither overlapping with nor overshadowing each other.

The strongest ones involved Tsubasa realizing at the end of the date what Kanade saw. The precious world both strive to protect, and the world where their song can be reached by millions of people out there. This second statement becomes an ideal that Tsubasa chose to make more people happy and be happy with herself, understanding that there's more to the world to live for than just living in service of it as a weapon.

As for Chris, everyone of us are nailing right that for the moment she doesn't want to be tamed or put in a situation where she has to trust or depend upon an adult, expecting the worst of every possible scenario involving an adult: betrayal or something worse (thanks for the latter, Fénie).
The good thing is that whatever sins that Genjuuro might have made in the past he never intends to run from them but accepting the responsibilities. He's what in the anime world they call one of the nice adults that contrasts against the rotten adults, whom only lust for greed, power, desires, and pleasure and think of themselves above everyone else with no moral regard for other peoples' well-being and feelings, particularly where children are concerned.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 00:19   Link #862
ReddyRedWolf

I LOLed at Tsubasa's choice for a karaoke song. Bad End for cheating. Poor Lucky Ogawa, better not play around while she's gone. (Yes I know no shipping indications on those two but he does take care of her.)

As for Chris even if Genjuro saved her she clearly doesn't trust adults. Particularly adult men. Given her past it is understandable. But she'll trust girls her age.

I find it refreshing they avoided the indirect kiss trope. Chris doesn't mind eating and drinking stuff Genjuro bit and drank as she is starving and probably dehydrated.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 00:28   Link #863
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I find it refreshing they avoided the indirect kiss trope. Chris doesn't mind eating and drinking stuff Genjuro bit and drank as she is starving and probably dehydrated.
Genjuuro should fall in love with Chris with all purity and honesty and begin to pursue her earnestly. If I'm lucky, he'll propose marriage to her and even buy for her the engagement ring and try to put it on her ring finger while she's blushed and caught off-guard. Stealing a kiss from her would be too risky but worthwhile.

And, he'll die protecting her through getting shot by a wild barrage of Noise's gun blasts while she looks in horror, confusion, and lividness.

And, Chris should get herself a fairy partner that would perform some nasty styles on her hair just to piss her off, and the fairy would probably enjoy reading shojo manga and fantasizing scenarios where Chris and Genjuuro fulfill their romance for each other while sorting out all kinds of Noises' dangers.

Although, there could be the improbability clause taking effect in such fantasy scenarios where Chris would betray and backstab Genjuuro just because he's an adult and cannot be trusted, her declaring that she doesn't need love or anything like that.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 02:48   Link #864
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Tsubasa singing enka is pure win....and we all love Nana Mizuki, Tsubasa going international, I'm sure Nana Mizuki is pretty damned popular globally too...

I love how Tsubasa is enjoying herself for once.

Chris x Genjuuro? The pairing is cute I'll admit. If it really goes that way I hope he doesn't end up dying to save her though...gods that will be too cruel...

I dunno why but I love this show so much....just keeps hitting all the right buttons I suppose....
Old 2012-03-04, 05:26   Link #865
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 9:
It's lighthearted and sort of funny, when all three of them cry at the movie. Also the lyrics of Tsubasa's karaoke song is "if you ever betray me, I'll cut you to pieces"

The "date" had a nice end, but I still wish Hibiki could have gotten the cat stuff toy for her.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 11:49   Link #866
klare

Hibiki has levelled up so much that now she can wipe out the Noise without going berserk, but she forgot to talk to poor Chris

the concert is nice, the date is cute too
Old 2012-03-04, 12:17   Link #867
ookamigirl

Tsubasa has finally fully recovered.
Those three sure had a nice time hanging out like regular girls do.
It was nice.
So Tsubasa got to redo her concert from before, while Hibiki fought off the monsters.
Chris is actually not so bad since she's having mixed feeling about helping Hibiki.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 21:30   Link #868
Scarletknive
Meister

Aphrah can you post the SS for me? The part where Chris uses Full weapon attack. Please~.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 05:58   Link #869
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Seconded. I keep forgetting what the one before Mega Deth Party was.

Actually, can we have both?
Old 2012-03-05, 06:44   Link #870
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Chris x Genjuuro? The pairing is cute I'll admit. If it really goes that way I hope he doesn't end up dying to save her though...gods that will be too cruel...
Yes, but this trope is very common in order to give even more drama to the story. Anyways, I like pairing the teenage girl with a manly adult man, especially with this pairing.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 09:55   Link #871
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Genjuuro should fall in love with Chris with all purity and honesty and begin to pursue her earnestly. If I'm lucky, he'll propose marriage to her and even buy for her the engagement ring and try to put it on her ring finger while she's blushed and caught off-guard. Stealing a kiss from her would be too risky but worthwhile.
wow ummm...aren't we getting a little a head of ourselves here?...He just wants to make sure she's taken care of not have her babies...
Old 2012-03-05, 11:35   Link #872
Yume Hanabi

Hahahaha that karaoke song. She's always wanted to try that!
Old 2012-03-05, 13:16   Link #873
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

That karaoke scene is probably going to be one of my favourite scenes just because I could hear Nana singing enka again.

Also, the return of Tsubasa's bike, yay! I want to see her driving on it while kicking ass at least once.
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 20:03   Link #874
Scarletknive
Meister

Is Aphrah doing the SS now? Or should i wait? Because i go to MyAnimelist and cant find the SS...The guy must be feeling bored or tired...
Old 2012-03-06, 12:05   Link #875
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Is Aphrah doing the SS now? Or should i wait? Because i go to MyAnimelist and cant find the SS...The guy must be feeling bored or tired...
Sorry, I've been busy. I haven't even watched episode 09 yet, but I plan on doing so later tonight. Let me know if you still want those screenshots.

Edit: There weren't a lot of good frames to choose from during the part when Chris used both her rockets and gatling guns. If you wanted to see a different moment altogether, let me know.

Spoiler for Chris w/ weapons:

Tsubasa's concert was awesome, as was her outfit on stage. The colours were great and the animation was rather fluidic. She also made lots of adorable expressions, which will look nice as avatars.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-03-06 at 18:29.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 21:04   Link #876
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Related

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-03-06, 21:09   Link #877
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Sorry, I've been busy. I haven't even watched episode 09 yet, but I plan on doing so later tonight. Let me know if you still want those screenshots.

Edit: There weren't a lot of good frames to choose from during the part when Chris used both her rockets and gatling guns. If you wanted to see a different moment altogether, let me know.

Spoiler for Chris w/ weapons:

Tsubasa's concert was awesome, as was her outfit on stage. The colours were great and the animation was rather fluidic. She also made lots of adorable expressions, which will look nice as avatars.
Let me see that "a different moment altogether" part.

And Hibiki does a ground wave attack O_O"? It looks so familiar but i can't remember the name...

And lol at the karaoke part..."If you betray me, I will cut you into pieces." Please cut all your fans as they are possible traitors. (Oh wait I am one of them. *IS CUT*)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-03-06 at 21:45.
Old 2012-03-09, 12:40   Link #878
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 10:
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-09, 12:42   Link #879
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Suite Symphogear 10 - RATATATATATATA! Any Relation to the Neuroi is Strictly Coincidental:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 12:51   Link #880
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Suite Symphogear 10 - RATATATATATATA! Any Relation to the Neuroi is Strictly Coincidental:
Actually, the series has 13 episodes, so it remains three episodes.
MyAnimeList

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy