AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 21:17   Link #1781
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Your point being? That she does have the skills to back up her (old) attitude?
She has skills to back up her talk, but that is only when she faces opponents that humans has a chance of winning. When she goes to talk like she can face Gods and Mythical Creatures, well I say it is a stretch there. She already found out first hand in vol 3. She now knows her limitations. So in short she can back up her talks against most things but not all of them.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 22:01   Link #1782
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Guys if you're curious about Erica's character when met Godou the first time. Lets just say she is as arrogant as Acqua of the Back from Index series but without the power level to back up her words and actions.
Basically, she was goddamn annoying.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:06   Link #1783
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

In a way she is, though I find her character very interesting. The only time I felt really annoyed of her is when she called Hannibal a loser, though everything else is grand. Erica does really care about Godou no doubt and will go great length for him even if it means going against her Magic organization and the person she looks up to.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:16   Link #1784
ImperialFlameGod8190

the sad thing about erica is she's a pretty girl whose only a pain in the ass cause she doesnt realize godou's significance she thinks he's some random kid with a freaky artifact also it doesnt help that it seems as though he tried to protect erica despite being scared out of his freaking mind.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 22:25   Link #1785
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the sad thing about erica is she's a pretty girl whose only a pain in the ass cause she doesnt realize godou's significance she thinks he's some random kid with a freaky artifact also it doesnt help that it seems as though he tried to protect erica despite being scared out of his freaking mind.
That was then of course when she first met him, she changed greatly when spending time with him. I read a lot of spoilers of vol 11 on Jcafe and I will say the things she did for him totally outweigh the behavior in vol 3. She is like a different person in vol 11, Kadi's summaries was very detailed you should go read them. Although it will spoil you, it might make you excited to read it. I am and I am eagerly waiting for the translation.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:47   Link #1786
Miraluka
Banned

Her attitude was product of being talented, that led her into overconfidence and arrogance towards any other being, her uncle warned her before she chose that mision.
Ignoring the wise man was another of her biggest failures add to that her lack of experience...
Well, we know what happens later, Brorethragna (and others) slapped her back to her place when her confidence crumbled down like castle made of cards.
If Godou wasn't there at the time she would remain the same or would be dead already. The guy changed her for real.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 23:14   Link #1787
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Her attitude was product of being talented, that led her into overconfidence and arrogance towards any other being, her uncle warned her before she chose that mision.
Ignoring the wise man was another of her biggest failures add to that her lack of experience...
Well, we know what happens later, Brorethragna (and others) slapped her back to her place when her confidence crumbled down like castle made of cards.
If Godou wasn't there at the time she would remain the same or would be dead already. The guy changed her for real.
It was for the better, she was overconfident and now knows where she stands. She is human, not a Campione so she will choose her fights more wisely. Erica overconfident may be due because she achieve the rank Great Knight at a young age as well socially she reigns Supreme. Wilfriback I feel dizzy watching your avatar......
Old 2012-07-17, 00:23   Link #1788
shadow1296

does anyone know if gudou has any other authorities that arent vatheragna's( i believe thats how u spell his name) and kusanagi sword(aka Susano'os sword)
Old 2012-07-17, 05:52   Link #1789
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
does anyone know if gudou has any other authorities that arent vatheragna's( i believe thats how u spell his name) and kusanagi sword(aka Susano'os sword)
No. The fights mostly ended in draws(as he always get careless and gets inflicted a severe injury when he mistakenly believed that he has vanquished his opponent) .In the case he won, either he either won against other campiones, killed a god with the support of other campiones or against gods who have not fully transformed into heretic gods.

Guys, I've just read volume 12. It was confusing initially, it was almost if the author had forgotten the stuff he had written in the past volumes or have retconned his work. As you further read it, however, you soon realize what a great piece of writing it is.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-07-17 at 06:06.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:13   Link #1790
Spica

Quote:
V3core is set during spring break.
V11 covers the end of spring break and some events from Godou's first month in high school.
V1 starts one week after the end of V11, I think (V1C1or2 should have the exact time)
Forgot the details of V2.
V3wraparound is set in the beginning of summer holidays.
V4 starts right after V3wraparound, covers the middle of summer holidays.
Forgot the details of V5.
V6+7 take place at the end of September.
V8 is all over the place, one short story happens before V6+7, one afterwards, one is set three years prior and two are about preparing the cultural festival in October, I think.
V9 contains that cultural festival in October, plus a few more days.
V10... from what I remember it covers a week or two in October and/or November.
V12 covers most of December.
I think V1 happen 2week after v11
V2 is 1month after V1, since Godou say its been a month after he share the same class room as Erica.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:24   Link #1791
veritatis cupitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Basically, she was goddamn annoying.
totally agree with you.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:46   Link #1792
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Speaking of the sword, even though he defeated it, it didn't count as a heretic god, hence Godou didn't gain any authorities like the time with Verethragna.
From what I could understand in Vol. 5, Godou is now capable of wielding the sword, but since he isn't a swordman, Ena uses it.
Is the ability to wield the sword the 'authority' he gained by defeating it?
Old 2012-07-17, 09:06   Link #1793
Kadi
知識の探求者

(From what I understood) It's no authority.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 10:25   Link #1794
shadow1296

@awrya yes even though it wasn't techically a god it became a heritic god when it possessed ena, so the sword itself was its authority, if you recall the story went back to gods in the underworld with Susanoo saying he only meant to give godou ena not the sword, but he obtained both (from what i understood)
Old 2012-07-17, 10:33   Link #1795
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Despite Ame-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi it not being an authority it still has it uses. It is shown later in vol 7, its ability is like a booster to Godou 10's abilities. Godou despite only have one authority, he has 10 abilities. Other Campiones has shown thus far, has few or a couple of abilities matching to their authories. The only one I think that may have more abilities than Godou is of course the Oldest Campione the "The Eternal Beauty".
Old 2012-07-17, 10:49   Link #1796
Kadi
知識の探求者

Didn't Bobby have a dozen+ authorities?
Old 2012-07-17, 10:57   Link #1797
zzhk
Summary Machine

I think what they mean is that compared to Verethragna's ten forms, individual authorities of other Campiones don't seem to carry as many powers.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 10:59   Link #1798
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Whats luo hua's role in v12? I cant really seem to make it out. Also, hoping for another erica-centric vol next time. But it'll probably be Yuri or ena
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:22   Link #1799
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Whats luo hua's role in v12? I cant really seem to make it out. Also, hoping for another erica-centric vol next time. But it'll probably be Yuri or ena
Erica had V11 for herself, Ena had most of V9. I'm quite sure V13 will put focus on Yuri, she's been out of the loop for a while. She had a few scenes in V7, but that put more focus on the harem altogether. By now I wonder why I actually liked her the most... the other three girls' presence is that much bigger right now.

As for Luo Hao...
Spoiler for Luo Hao in V12:
Old 2012-07-17, 11:27   Link #1800
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Erica had V11 for herself, Ena had most of V9. I'm quite sure V13 will put focus on Yuri, she's been out of the loop for a while. She had a few scenes in V7, but that put more focus on the harem altogether. By now I wonder why I actually liked her the most... the other three girls' presence is that much bigger right now.

As for Luo Hao...
Spoiler for Luo Hao in V12:
Hmm, I though you said she was shelted Kadi and had no idea of normal life is like. Does the harem know he went to Luo and why was she there anyway? Jiangnan is quite the distance away even if she get there to Japan in a day if she wanted.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem