AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 3 8.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 30.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-14, 00:23   Link #41
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Those ubiquitous black rose petals had me thinking of Suigintou the Ever-molting. Some villains just have to leave their calling card everywhere...

Negi's Pactio Fever feels a bit out of character, but at the same time it beats putting him into contrived situations that force him to Pactio everything in sight.
Old 2006-12-14, 09:10   Link #42
Seiryuu

I just realized something. Does this mean the next time he battles, we're going to hear those TWINS gasping and moaning too? Chibi/loli comedy is fine, but I really don't want to hear such childish voices trying to sound like THAT.
Old 2006-12-14, 10:15   Link #43
Skane
Anime Snark

Was originally going to rate this episode a 7, but since they were so nice so as to include so many cutesy Nodoka moments, I gave them a bonus point and rated it an 8.

"Nodoka kawaii!"
Old 2006-12-14, 11:08   Link #44
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The twins have a funny way of thinking of how to become an adult. It's quite amusing to watch them doing stuffs that aren't going to help them at all. That father business with Makie is kinda random. Btw, does the whole school knows that those two (the green one and the fluffy one) can talk? I thought only Negi and his partners and also Evangeline knew that they can talk?

"Taste like an adult" --> This quote is putting a smile on my face. Could have double meanings you know
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-14, 12:06   Link #45
DrakeNavarone
Fairy Tale Transparently

Send a message via AIM to DrakeNavarone
I thought it was a good episode. Lots of really funny parts ("IT'S A PLOT TWIST!" just about killed me for a moment). Visuals amazing as usual, especially the pactio scene. And despite the randomness of his appearance, I'm actually hoping to see Yamada again.

I'll admit that the twins' pactio did seem a little rushed, but I think everyone's bashing on it without looking at all the possibilities. Everyone seems to be looking for either a desperate situation or vasts amount of character development before a character earns their pactio, but I think that'd get old fast. I think that sometimes, and this applies very well with the twins' case, that the pactio could and should be the catalyst for development. Consider this: Now that they have their pactio, the twins now have both power and responsibilites, very adult things to possess. Faced with this, the twins will probably learn soon that they may or may not have the stuff it takes to be adults. If that's indeed how Shaft decides to do it, I think the "pactio then development" route would be a refreshing change and it would turn out for the better than the generic "development then pactio" route every other character is taking.
Old 2006-12-14, 13:13   Link #46
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
That father business with Makie is kinda random. Btw, does the whole school knows that those two (the green one and the fluffy one) can talk? I thought only Negi and his partners and also Evangeline knew that they can talk?
Oh yeah, the whole school does know that the frog and cat mascots can talk, as they did introduce themselves to the Chupacabra Club in episode 4.
Old 2006-12-14, 13:59   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its pretty shocking how Shichimi & Mouya have grown on me.. they were pretty annoying to start of with. The business between Mouya & Makie in the supermarket turned out to be pretty genius.

ITS A PLOT TWIST!

& as for Yamada, i hope we see more of him.
Old 2006-12-14, 14:49   Link #48
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I want more Maki-chan, seriously. She's in my top 3 I think (she's voiced by Horie Yui for starters, can't get enough of her voice). And she's darned cute of course Here's to hoping for more Maki-chan
Old 2006-12-14, 15:00   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Its pretty shocking how Shichimi & Mouya have grown on me.. they were pretty annoying to start of with. The business between Mouya & Makie in the supermarket turned out to be pretty genius.

ITS A PLOT TWIST!
LOL well to me mouya seems pretty annoying still but shichimi on the other hand is dam cute! ~ nya! big ball of floss ^_^

the "PLOT TWIST" part was soo random i nearly choked on my spit the first time round XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-14, 15:05   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
I want more Maki-chan, seriously. She's in my top 3 I think (she's voiced by Horie Yui for starters, can't get enough of her voice). And she's darned cute of course Here's to hoping for more Maki-chan
She'll probably get her episode soon. :3

The fact that she's been placed in the same room as Ayaka for this series seems a lil' puzzling, though they're a perfect match to share a dorm room.
Old 2006-12-14, 15:31   Link #51
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
She'll probably get her episode soon. :3
No doubt she will, I just can't wait for it to happen I'm happy that Sayo got her episode early though, so it's not all bad
Old 2006-12-15, 13:17   Link #52
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

ITS A PLOT TWIST!
While those two still have moments where they can be annoying (especially Motsu/Mouya), I do agree that it they have become two characters that have grown on me, thanks to them finding a student to help them become likeable (for Shichimi, it's Nodoka, whose uber-kawaiiness definitely helps bring out Shichimi's cute side; for Motsu, it's Makie, thanks to the "plot twist").
Old 2006-12-17, 12:28   Link #53
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Well this episode confirms my guess,every girl will get a Pactio by the end of the serie.

One thing strike me as odd.The 2 plushies follow Negi to make sure no one learns he is a mage,and yet no one seems to mind the talking animals.

By the way,is it just me or different girls sing the ending theme each episode?
Old 2006-12-17, 13:54   Link #54
Seiryuu

It's like the old Negima! series. Every now and then, they change the instrumental background, the beat, and the vocals.
Old 2006-12-18, 13:13   Link #55
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
One thing strike me as odd.The 2 plushies follow Negi to make sure no one learns he is a mage,and yet no one seems to mind the talking animals.
That's because some of the girls are already aware of Shichimi and Motsu's existence thanks to those two introducing themselves to the Chupacabra Club in episode 4.

Quote:
By the way,is it just me or different girls sing the ending theme each episode?
You are very much correct, as NINE versions of the ED have been recorded. So far, only four versions have been used in the series:

Version 1 (Ep. 4-6, 10): Negi, Asuna, Setsuna, and Konoka
Version 2 (Ep. 7): Ayaka, Makie, and Ku Fei
Version 3 (Ep. 8 and 11): Nodoka, Yue, and Haruna
Version 4 (Ep. 9): Kaede, Fuuka, and Fumika