AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-05, 20:25   Link #1081
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrelol View Post
Nice story but very poor animation quality.
I noticed that, too. It just looked weird compared to previous ep's.

Spoiler for Episode 18:
Old 2010-11-05, 21:07   Link #1082
giorno

no, Sion didn't suffer any injury, he was just emotionally wrecked by Ryner deciding to leave with Tiia...

also, lol @ Ryner's parents. Especially what his father said made me lol for the next 10 minutes....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 23:12   Link #1083
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Animation aside, I'm really enjoying the story. Wish I could read Japanese to spoil myself with the novels.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 23:15   Link #1084
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Why doesn't Onii-Chan stop her. I mean she's going to leave Roland no and be tainted by that monster!~! :O I want to see Ferris commit to her new feeling and fight his bro.

BTW

This episode's animation reminds me of Naruto. Lame and stupid. Why can't they fund animators like the ones who did Gundam 00 fights - they are ORRGASSSMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 00:02   Link #1085
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Why doesn't Onii-Chan stop her. I mean she's going to leave Roland no and be tainted by that monster!~! :O I want to see Ferris commit to her new feeling and fight his bro.

BTW

This episode's animation reminds me of Naruto. Lame and stupid. Why can't they fund animators like the ones who did Gundam 00 fights - they are ORRGASSSMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The animators who worked on EP18 also does the key animation for Naruto.
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 01:06   Link #1086
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& i personally loved the animation in this episode. Glad they went with a style that suited such an episode.
not sure what you love about the animation, but look closely at how the characters move. they look awkward and unnatural.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 01:13   Link #1087
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrelol View Post
Nice story but very poor animation quality.

Spoiler for Ep 18:
ROFL

I'm really enjoying the story..I feel sorry when they look each other ryner and sion from eye to eye..So sad = \.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 02:03   Link #1088
Johnny
Working the bags...

Looks like a more somber episode coming up next for Ryner. Guess he'll have to find someone else to give him beatings for being a lecher of all living things as Ferris might say...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 02:35   Link #1089
ninja_pintu

I wonder who is going to direct the next episodes. I will be happy if it's the same guy who did this episode.
Old 2010-11-06, 03:53   Link #1090
karuroso

haha this ep reminded me one that Utawarerumono had when the animation changed for only one ep and was also at the middle, plus the fact that the Ryner's father has the same voice of Hakuoro (or so i think =X)
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 06:30   Link #1091
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
not sure what you love about the animation, but look closely at how the characters move. they look awkward and unnatural.
May look awkward and unnatural, though the whole episode had quality animation. It's just different opinions on the matter.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:47   Link #1092
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Maybe sometimes the character's design was poor but the quality animation increased. Like some Naruto's episodes (Naruto vs Sasuke S1 , Naruto vs Pain )and other anime . This make the whole scene more dynamic than previous quality . (It affects the frames etc...)

Anyway , i like Ferris's new clothes , she's looking for Ryner. I wonder who are Tiir's friends , i guess that they are Alpha stigma's bearer too .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 07:46   Link #1093
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Which novel did this episode end on?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 08:41   Link #1094
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Woah woah... What just happen to the animation?

That aside there's a huge sign on top of this episode that says "TURNING POINT!" in the story But more than anything conflicted-emotions Ferris was high on my favorite list
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 08:55   Link #1095
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
May look awkward and unnatural, though the whole episode had quality animation. It's just different opinions on the matter.
Yeah, I couldn't decide if it was poor animation or just an art shift. Some things did look rather unnatural, but I also saw some really good camera angles (is that the right term?) that gave it lot more atmosphere and emotion.

This is by far the best episode in my opinion.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 09:06   Link #1096
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This kind of animation feels better when it has people punching each other in the face, since it maximizes dynamic movement with free-form contortion. Or when there are effects that are directly animated, and not applied on with extra graphical layers. It's not as good, but it feels similar to the raw animation style that Norio Matsumoto loves to use in his Naruto/Birdy the Mighty episodes.

It's definitely great animation, undoubtedly. It's just not too common, since simplistic 'stick-to-the-line-art' animation that favours visual consistency and balance are more common. It's really up to individual preference on which is nicer to look at, but it definitely utilizes the animation frames more effectively without falling back to cost-cutting measures like speed lines/etc.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 09:12   Link #1097
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

That sort of action animation is too ARTSY!!!

It supposed to convey fluidity. Flow-like-water kung fu.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 10:22   Link #1098
Used Can

Personally, I've always despised this sort of animation... not to call it outright QUALITY. But, either way, no matter how shit the animation and designs may have been in my opinion, the episode itself (plot-wise) was really good. I wish they would have kept the whole scene with Ryner and Ferris in the shop as it was in the LN, though, but I guess that's too much too ask.
Old 2010-11-06, 10:37   Link #1099
klare

they must be rushing or took a cut of budget for eps 18 to produce this kind of artwork...

anyway the twist at the end of the eps is unexpected, the good news is Ferris with new dress
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 11:19   Link #1100
Andrelol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post

BTW

The animation really is not about the animators, but about money.

Pretty much every anime studio can do high quality animation: they just need money. An episode animated by 50 professionals will be always better (in terms of animation quality) than an episode animated by 20 people.

When you don't have enough animators, this is what happens:

Spoiler for lol:

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen