AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-12, 01:35   Link #1
corp20
Internet God

Question What the deal with Naruto?

Since the series is like 70 episodes in I have never seen a single episode because I like to start at the beginning but I keep hearing about Naruto. So whats the deal? Is it that good? Why do people call it the next "dbz"? Mind you I didn't quite like DBZ because it was so @#%! slow but the fights were pretty cool.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 01:40   Link #2
Umbrae
Generic Human

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...px,naruto.html

or watch the show
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 01:44   Link #3
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Since the series is like 70 episodes in I have never seen a single episode because I like to start at the beginning but I keep hearing about Naruto. So whats the deal? Is it that good? Why do people call it the next "dbz"? Mind you I didn't quite like DBZ because it was so @#%! slow but the fights were pretty cool.
Um, this is probably just going to get locked so...whatever. I didn't like DBZ either, and for those people telling you that Naruto is the next DBZ, they're on crack...they're probably also the people shitting their pants over every episode.

Naruto's good. It starts slow...VERY slow. In fact, I hated the main character for a long time...in fact, at the point the anime's currently at I STILL hate his character. Once you get to around episode 30 or so it starts to get good, really good. It's one of the two anime I currently follow, and the other is Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex.

The fighting is interesting, and the fact that the youngsters are faced with the ever present specter of actual, not-getting-resurrected death make the series better, IMHO than DBZ ever was. There's a greater level of realism in Naruto than there is in DBZ (i.e. nobody's flying, or blowing up the moon.) but it's still at a level of badass higher than humans.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, and most of the people here respect that, although you may get flamed for posting something that's in violation of the rules.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 01:48   Link #4
Umbrae
Generic Human

I thought it realy picked up arround 15-20ish when they first get thier A ranked mission and meet the demon brothers. just my opinion though. But your right it has a slow start. Although that allows you to get to know the characters and the world they live in.
Old 2004-02-12, 02:13   Link #5
corp20
Internet God

I don't see why it would get locked. I'm just asking a question.
So since I can't actually get the first episodes where would I start?
I've been kind of interested but that has really put me off.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 02:24   Link #6
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Um, why can't you get the first episodes? Your computer broken or something? The bittorrent links for all the Naruto episodes (AT THIS VERY SITE!) still have tons of seeds.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 02:31   Link #7
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
and for those people telling you that Naruto is the next DBZ, they're on crack...
Baka Naruto IS the next DBZ. It dosent mean Naruto and DBZ is the same show it means they are almost as popular. Lots of fan something BIG .. Not too soon enough you'l hear Naruto with a stupid little american brat's voice and all
Old 2004-02-12, 02:40   Link #8
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Just download the first four episodes. Give them a test run. If you like them then continue, if you don't then stop. It's that simple.
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 02:50   Link #9
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Although this isnt a dbz forum, i'd just like to say that dbz was popular because of widespread appeal. It appealed to all ages 4 to well... 12. But thats the target audience for those types of shows. I believe that Naruto has the capability to become as big as say, Yu-Gi-Oh in the United States, not as big as DBZ.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 05:16   Link #10
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:

Eh? taking from list of torents on animesuki as I type this

Active 2002-10-05 Naruto 1-10 ANBU & AonE 1725.2 Mb. UL 41 DL 416
Active 2002-12-22 Naruto 11-20 ANBU & AonE 1754.3 Mb. UL 21 DL 275
Active 2003-02-28 Naruto 21-30 ANBU & AonE 1720.3 Mb. UL 16 DL 249
Active 2003-05-01 Naruto 31-40 ANBU & AonE 1756.7 Mb. UL 19 DL 278
Active 2003-07-19 Naruto 41-50 ANBU & AonE 1749.6 Mb. UL 22 DL 291
Active 2003-09-28 Naruto 51-60 ANBU & AonE 1740.5 Mb. UL 46 DL 419

There is 90% of the series up to it's current point, the least ammount of seeds for any one batch download beeing 16. also thier are alot of the TW subs active as well (smaller batch files for quicker dowloads, but harder to list )

Both TW and ANBU & AonE seem to be good choices for quality subs of this show.

Go to http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/3.html
and start dowloading. you will thank yourself later (it is honestly a good show IMO)

oo and I missed the end of my shift at work, you made me put in 2 min of over time typing this!!
Old 2004-02-12, 14:43   Link #11
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
I thought it realy picked up arround 15-20ish when they first get thier A ranked mission and meet the demon brothers. just my opinion though. But your right it has a slow start. Although that allows you to get to know the characters and the world they live in.
Naruto has a slow start?!?!?
Ok, so the first...3 episodes MIGHT feel a little slow (especially episode 2- it paves the way for comedy later in the series)- but after that, I have no idea what you are talking about...

And the demon brothers show up in episode 6 or 7....15-20 is the end of the first arc
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 14:51   Link #12
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Baka Naruto IS the next DBZ. It dosent mean Naruto and DBZ is the same show it means they are almost as popular. Lots of fan something BIG .. Not too soon enough you'l hear Naruto with a stupid little american brat's voice and all
Only if you're strictly referring to it as "the next DBZ" in terms of being a super popular anime...and in that scenario TONS of things have stepped up into that "next" spot already. Evangelion was really big. So was Ruroni Kenshin. Initial D, too. In fact, I think Naruto acutally has more in common with the technique driven fighting styles of Kenshin, and the maturity level of Kenshin than it has in common with DBZ.

Saying it's "the next DBZ" only inspires those crimnally stupid Naruto vs. DBZ threads, and that's basically why I take issue with it.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 15:12   Link #13
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Naruto is a series with a lot of potential, there're so many possibilities that even i can't predict everything (except: such and such bad guy will die eventually)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 15:58   Link #14
Peare

Eva and Kenshin weren't big American mainstream like DBZ was.
Peare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 16:08   Link #15
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Naruto is the new DBZ. Anyone who tells you OTHERWISE is on crack. It has the best fight scenes since DBZ, it takes all kinds of old stuff from DBZ and mixes it with a bunch of new ideas.

Simply put Naruto is DBZ with a FAR better cast and storyline. The only superior quality about DBZ is the fight scenes, there will probably never be another anime that has better fighting than DBZ, but Naruto is the closest thing there is as far as that goes. The main difference between the two is that DBZ focused on characters just improving speed and power and whoever had the highest BP was going to win the fight. In Naruto you don't win simply because you have the most chakra, there are many unique and interesting skills that are only available to certain people. It makes things more interesting because you never know what kind of crazy skill someone might bust out next.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 18:17   Link #16
subbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
Although this isnt a dbz forum, i'd just like to say that dbz was popular because of widespread appeal. It appealed to all ages 4 to well... 12. But thats the target audience for those types of shows. I believe that Naruto has the capability to become as big as say, Yu-Gi-Oh in the United States, not as big as DBZ.
I think Naruto could be as big as Pokemon was back in 1999 in the US, without a doubt. And Pokemon was huge in 1999.
subbeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 21:47   Link #17
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
My got hooked from the first episode, it got me especially at the end. If you like shows with lots of heart and badass fight scene, then I would recommend it. I also recommend you Spliff-no-jutsu before hand.
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 22:36   Link #18
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
Personally, I think Naruto has far better fight scenes than DBZ ever had. At least it was diffrent and had no long dramatic pauses and had more strategy instead of depending solely on how much power you generate all the time but lets not get into that discussion..I was just sayin.

I didn't dl naruto at first cause I had no idea what it was: it was actually force feed to me by a friend and eventually by episode 2 I was hooked cause --

1- it was funny
2-NINJAS!!
3-Kick ass character design
4-Long, complex story that always leaves you curious and wanting more
5-I've never seen kewler fights that are as original and suprising as those in Naruto

nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 23:37   Link #19
Stickels
Just passing by

you can't really compare fighting between DBZ and Naruto, its to different, both are top of the line though.

otherwise, naks reasons are pretty much the same things that hooked me. With emphasis on the fact that they are ninja's, and ninja's are just badass by default
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 23:52   Link #20
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Probably considered the next DBZ because of popularity and similar intended length. I'd say it's worth watching.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote