AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-02-16, 16:32   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the One Piece FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for One Piece fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 16:51   Link #2
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
A thousand thank-you's xris for setting this up. Now I can shoot off some ideas...

I've noticed as of late that most of the best One Piece fics are OC oriented. It's a bit odd to say that concerning a fanfic, but I think I know the reason why: it's hard for someone who is not Eiichiro Oda to really capture the "essence" of his characters.

I don't know what it is about One Piece as a fandom, but random high-school AU's and ship-fics just seem out of place, more so than they would in say the Naruto fandom.

Maybe it's because One Piece is more of a "sleeper-hit" here in America?

Oddly enough, I'm fine reading most One Piece material concerning OC's, even when they don't make the slightest mention of the Strawhats. Something about Oda's world has a habit of bringing out the best in writers' creativity and results in a plethora of wacky, interesting characters.

Or maybe I'm just getting lucky in my choice of fanfiction...

Regardless, One Piece is my most "OC tolerant" fandom.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2009-03-12 at 14:39.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 18:59   Link #3
Rainbowman

Okay, here's a story to show how I feel about the current situation involving the Strawhat crew being seperated:

My character Million D. Nickel and his crew along with the original crew would be trying to escape from Kizaru. Kizaru hits Nickel with his light attack resulting the following: Nickel and the original crew being split into 12 colored copies- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Cyan, Brown, Pink, Gray, White, and Black.
Kuma (who is upgraded to send characters to different planets) then arrives and sends the following away: Kitsu with the green copies, Brooke Spears with the gray copies, Leslie with the blue copies, Tink-top with the yellow copies, Francine with the cyan copies, Nickel and his assist characters with the orange copies (at which point the orange copy of Nickel realises that this event had happened to the original crew and gets angry by attacking Kuma), Streaker with the pink copies, Nico Robert with the purple copies and finally Monkey D. Cookie with the red, brown, white and black copies. Cookie's group lands on a planet that mostly resembles africa and are then captured by it's natives and sent to the male descendants of Boa Hancock and her sisters. The red, brown, white and black copies of Nickel then get angry and turn into their elemental monster forms: Balrog (red), Metaterror (brown), Evangelion (white), Gravidemon (black). They brutally beat their opponents and were about to finish them off only to have the red, brown, white, and black copies of Luffy and Nami calm them for now. The 4 groups of 12 colors then combine back into normal but Nickel is still angry from knowing Kuma had seperated the original strawhat crew. And until Nickel reunites with his other copies and his other crewmates, those copies of Nickel will not rest from their anger. What made things worse is that instead of looking for the others, Ace has to be rescued from execution. This made Nickel roar in fury so loud that ears would bleed. Nickel then went with Cookie and the 4 colored Luffy and Nami while the rest of the 4 colored copies of the original crew stayed behind. Nickel was supressing his anger until they get to Impel Down. Somewhere in other places, the following were dealing with the horrors of elemental monsters:

Orange copies on Master Rainbowman's home station fighting elemental monster Behemoth.
Cyan copies on an arctic version of cybertron fighting elemental monster Yetigo.
Blue copies on a planet of homosexuals (half like Amazon Lily and half like Kamabakka Kingdom) fighting elemental monster Leviathan.
Yellow copies on an insectoid planet fighting elemental monster Killerwatt.
Gray copies on a planet similar to Iraq and Iran fighting elemental monster Cosmohorror.
Pink copies on a planet similar to springfield fighting elemental monster Oroboros.
Purple copies on a mining planet fighting elemental monster Ziz
Green copies on a planet of ruin fighting elemental monster Covenent.

This story shows how angry I am with the current story of One Piece.

To learn more about my characters, visit: http://onepiecefanon.wikia.com/wiki/OnePiece_Fanon_Wiki

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-05-23 at 18:34.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 21:31   Link #4
ashez2ashes

Send a message via AIM to ashez2ashes
I wrote one a long time ago...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2343867/...dhood_Memories
ashez2ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 22:36   Link #5
denice25

Thank you for the infos. Proud to be a member of this site.
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 14:35   Link #6
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Found this a few days ago and will now shamelessly advertise it here.

Fanfiction.net: Existence

It's a Zoro-centric fic and, while not the most well-written, it does have a nice idea behind it and the overall plot and mechanics are exceptional among most fanfics (or maybe I just read too much trash).

Best of all, there are no pesky pairings (as of yet, hopefully never) to get in the way of my experience. I don't know why, but they tend to utterly ruin my experience...

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-03-12, 14:50   Link #7
holyalexander
holy alexander

hehehe... its about time.. and thanks for the link..
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:38   Link #8
falloutboy013
Banned

thanks for the link....i just love one piece
falloutboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:02   Link #9
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post

It's a Zoro-centric fic and, while not the most well-written, it does have a nice idea behind it and the overall plot and mechanics are exceptional among most fanfics (or maybe I just read too much trash).

Best of all, there are no pesky pairings (as of yet, hopefully never) to get in the way of my experience. I don't know why, but they tend to utterly ruin my experience...
No pairings huh? Typical for Zoro not being paired with anyone. I for one hope Oda can have Zoro realize that Tashigi is really his long lost friend Kuina at some point.

In the meantime, what are anyone's thoughts on a fanfiction that anyone could make, perhaps having One Piece characters in thier version of, say, "WATCHMEN"?
Old 2009-04-01, 17:36   Link #10
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
No pairings huh? Typical for Zoro not being paired with anyone. I for one hope Oda can have Zoro realize that Tashigi is really his long lost friend Kuina at some point.
Meh, to each his own...

Quote:
In the meantime, what are anyone's thoughts on a fanfiction that anyone could make, perhaps having One Piece characters in thier version of, say, "WATCHMEN"?
Number One: None of the Strawhats could be main characters (by main of course I mean Rorschach, Night Owl, Doctor Manhattan, Spectre, and of course Ozymandias.
Not that they wouldn't make great main cast, but with this setting it's just too good an opportunity to use our underappreciated marine and Shichibukai characters.
Hmm... DoFlamingo/Rorschach... I'm getting hot already!

Old 2009-04-02, 15:06   Link #11
Rainbowman

Quote:
Number One: None of the Strawhats could be main characters (by main of course I mean Rorschach, Night Owl, Doctor Manhattan, Spectre, and of course Ozymandias.
Not that they wouldn't make great main cast, but with this setting it's just too good an opportunity to use our underappreciated marine and Shichibukai characters.
Hmm... DoFlamingo/Rorschach... I'm getting hot already!
You may have a point. Perhaps the Strawhat crew could cross over into the world of "WATCHMEN" and there could be team-ups:

Luffy, Nami, Usopp, and Chopper with Nite Owl and Silk Spectre
Sanji, Robin, Franky, and Brook with Doctor Manhattan
Zoro with Rorschach

The only One Piece character that I can think of to team up with Ozymandias is Monkey D. Dragon.
Old 2009-04-06, 08:14   Link #12
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Sanji, Robin, Franky, and Brook with Doctor Manhattan.
You know the good Doctor has to meet Eneru at some point...

"You dare build your glass monlith on MY Fairy Verth!? I shall take it as tribute to me!"

Old 2009-04-06, 14:21   Link #13
Rainbowman

Now that I think of it, I wonder how Rorschach would deal with the Tenryuubito? Probably the same like he did to Big Figure and his henchmen ending with blood.
Old 2009-04-20, 18:36   Link #14
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
This story shows how angry I am with the current story of One Piece.

To learn more about my characters, visit: http://onepiecefanon.wikia.com/wiki/OnePiece_Fanon_Wiki
Lol your angry because Luffy went to save Ace before the crew? Just imagine this: Your mom/dad/brother/sister/best friend/girlfriend/boyfriend was on the verge of execution, about to die the next couple of days. However, your crew is separated too. However, they are all alive and each of them can hold their own in a fight. Also, all of them have a way of meeting back together (biblicard). So the choice is between saving someone precious to you on the verge of death or saving someone that is healthy and can take care of themselves.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 00:30   Link #15
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Lol your angry because Luffy went to save Ace before the crew? Just imagine this: Your mom/dad/brother/sister/best friend/girlfriend/boyfriend was on the verge of execution, about to die the next couple of days. However, your crew is separated too. However, they are all alive and each of them can hold their own in a fight. Also, all of them have a way of meeting back together (biblicard). So the choice is between saving someone precious to you on the verge of death or saving someone that is healthy and can take care of themselves.
You could be right, however it was the separation itself that was horrifying enough to make me angry enough to become the hulking monster who would brutally kill the one responsible for the separation.

On another subject I had come up with a teaser trailer that's mostly in text based on the 10th One Piece Movie: Strong World; with the orchastration of the first/teaser trailer of WATCHMEN. The following characters appear:

1st half of trailer:
The 3 Admirals
The 8 Shichibukai
The Impel Down staff
The 4 Yonkou
The Tenryuubito

Someone quotes: "God help us all"

2nd half of trailer:
Arlong
Miss Doublefinger
Baron Omattsuri with Lily Carnation
CP9 members Kalifa and Spandam
Absolom and Zombie Lola
Kinjishi
Silhouette of Million D. Nickel in Tiger Hulk form

Then we get to a scene with the Original Strawhat crew in government uniforms, then a different scene with the Future version of the Strawhat crew, then a scene with Nami, then a scene with Monkey D. Cookie crying. During those scenes Million D. Nickel makes his voice as rough as Rorshach's in quoting: "My crew will be wanting me back including the members I love..."

We then go to a scene with Million D. Nickel who is brooding then shows his "eyes of the sith". During that scene he would quote: "...I will have to tell them...'No'."

Final trailer scene:
We view panning away a monster (possibly Nickel's corrupted Ultimate form) with symbols repesenting a zodiac in a circle who is as large as Oz from Thriller Bark.

Title: One Piece Galaxy: Wrath of the Zodiac
turns into release date transformers style then turns into Strawhat Pirate insignia

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-04-24 at 16:56.
Old 2009-04-25, 13:51   Link #16
Rainbowman

Quote:
You could be right, however it was the separation itself that was horrifying enough to make me angry enough to become the hulking monster who would brutally kill the one responsible for the separation.

On another subject I had come up with a teaser trailer that's mostly in text based on the 10th One Piece Movie: Strong World; with the orchastration of the first/teaser trailer of WATCHMEN. The following characters appear:

1st half of trailer:
The 3 Admirals
The 8 Shichibukai
The Impel Down staff
The 4 Yonkou
The Tenryuubito

Someone quotes: "God help us all"

2nd half of trailer:
Arlong
Miss Doublefinger
Baron Omattsuri with Lily Carnation
CP9 members Kalifa and Spandam
Absolom and Zombie Lola
Kinjishi
Silhouette of Million D. Nickel in Tiger Hulk form

Then we get to a scene with the Original Strawhat crew in government uniforms, then a different scene with the Future version of the Strawhat crew, then a scene with Nami, then a scene with Monkey D. Cookie crying. During those scenes Million D. Nickel makes his voice as rough as Rorshach's in quoting: "My crew will be wanting me back including the members I love..."

We then go to a scene with Million D. Nickel who is brooding then shows his "eyes of the sith". During that scene he would quote: "...I will have to tell them...'No'."

Final trailer scene:
We view panning away a monster (possibly Nickel's corrupted Ultimate form) with symbols repesenting a zodiac in a circle who is as large as Oz from Thriller Bark.

Title: One Piece Galaxy: Wrath of the Zodiac
turns into release date transformers style then turns into Strawhat Pirate insignia
I never wanted to double post this, but I updated this in case anyone hasn't noticed and I'm waiting for an answer.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-04-25 at 14:05.
Old 2009-04-26, 17:47   Link #17
Perona

^ I just want to say, Rainbowman you got too much time on your hands to think of that lol

But I think it's kind of cool even though, some of those names I don't recognize. Maybe it's those characters you made xD

I need to see that movie Watchmen and Can't wait for Movie 10
Perona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 11:51   Link #18
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perona View Post
^ I just want to say, Rainbowman you got too much time on your hands to think of that lol
Mostly because I don't get much info on what is being made.

Quote:
But I think it's kind of cool even though, some of those names I don't recognize. Maybe it's those characters you made xD
You can look at the info on the characters I made at http://onepiecefanon.wikia.com/wiki/OnePiece_Fanon_Wiki
and maybe make color pictures to help visualize them.

Quote:
I need to see that movie Watchmen and Can't wait for Movie 10
Speaking of Movie 10, have you seen it's new teaser trailer on youtube.com? The 10th movie is supposed to be titled "Strong World", however no one has translated that particular teaser trailer yet.
Old 2009-04-30, 13:13   Link #19
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:

seconded. This is well-written.
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 16:18   Link #20
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
seconded. This is well-written.
Woof, woof! (wags tail)

A dog is always happy to be praised for his finds!