AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-25, 21:02   Link #841
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I wish they would stop doing this. if its for the PSP i might get it, but if it turns out to be sexist as I think, I wont get it (Dont ask)
Old 2008-09-25, 21:05   Link #842
whiteghost

it is cool

[QUOTE=Hazelshock;1077132]Blizzard has finally released information on there next up coming in the future expansion. So what do you guys think with all the new features will this be an improvement to the overall of WoW or a let down?[/QUOTE i think it is cool
whiteghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 23:33   Link #843
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

DK's certianly got some nice buffs this patch, Scourge Strike finally hitting harder again. Was able to pull 2000 (2600 with ghoul and garg) DPS self buffed on the training dummies single target. 3700 AE, across 3-4 targets. While that seems a lot, the other classes are doing similar damage as well. Maybe its closer to being balanced now. Other classes are still lacking though and need some serious love. That's all at level 80 btw, with the pre-made pvp characters.

Annnyway, Australian's get watch BlizzCon on TV, and get a mount. If you have PayTV (Austar, Foxtel, etc) that is.link

For the guy back a page curious about stuff to keep you interested, one of the things to do is this, for Heroic Instances. You get a mount at the end of it. There's similar for raiding as well, both 10 and 25 man. Theres other stuff as well, which includes titles and whatnot.
Old 2008-09-26, 00:10   Link #844
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If the Dk is putting out that much firepower, you have to wonder what the dedicated DPS classes are (or should) be putting out. Like the warlocks, mages, and hunters.
Old 2008-09-26, 02:30   Link #845
Mr Hat and Clogs

They are all in a similar ballpark, Bliz is more or less giving every class some form of utility in return for DPS buffs or nerfs. The idea being you play a class you like because you like the way they play not because its required for certain buffs (Shaman with Heroism) or they bring the highest DPS (Rogues/Hunters). Fear the rise of the Moonkin, thats all I can say.

Blizzard is claiming that DPS will be within a few % of each other, and that % will only matter to the top few % of progression guilds, for everyone else it will wash out through player skill, ping, and other external circumstances.

Have seen reports of Patchwerk (and other instances) kills with DPS like Ret, Rogue, DK, Mage, etc all within the range of 100-200 dps appart. I cant remember if it was like ~2600 or ~3600 raid buffed for those classes. Have seen a Chamber of the Aspects run where all the DPS did around ~7.5% dps each, with the warlock being the lowest outlier along with the Enh shaman with non-working weapon buffs down with the tanks in damage and a rogue at the top with broken poisons, and a mage who was AE'n like crazy a few % ahead of the rest of the DPS. There are still a few outliers, with either damage too low or damage too high. But they might just pull it off.
Old 2008-09-26, 17:05   Link #846
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Is it true that Shaman's Totems will be raid wide and not just party wide? And since I heard they actually stack on top of each other thats going to be quite interesting for raids.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 19:21   Link #847
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah totems are raid wide, well most are I think, some are group only still I think but I forget which. Probably Grounding, MTT, maybe one or two others. Heroism has a 5 minute debuff to. So pretty much the days of stacking 6 Shaman are out the door, unless all you have are Shaman in which case you should still be able to do stuff.

I could see raids having 1 or 2 enhance, 1 or 2 elemental, and probably 2-3 resto still. But it isn't required, you could get away with one of each spec. Or if you lacked an ele shaman, bring a boomkin, or if you lacked an enhance shaman bring a blood or frost DK (you'd need both spec's to cover enhance shaman buffs), or bring druids or priests for AE healing if no resto's are around. Anyway, changes are gona take some getting used to I think for many raids, as long as the players you know are douche's and you know how to play there is no need to deny you a slot.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:24   Link #848
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be interesting to see a AQ event on a new post-WTLK server. All those fresh out of the starting area Death Knights added into the fray.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:25   Link #849
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

I have a elem sham just for kicks and I'm thinking about playing him again just for the expansion. I didn't find elem as fun as enhance seeing as I couldn't go up into the face and just smack them to death. But in enhance its quite boring as all I wait for is Fury and shocks and laying down totems, but I guess thats shamans in general.

I'm just waiting on more info on shadow priests seeing as they buffed them quite a bit from what I read.
Old 2008-09-26, 20:21   Link #850
Mr Hat and Clogs

Enhance play style changes a LOT in WOTLK, they play much more like Rogues now. Or more like... some form of.. spell rogue, a battle mage perhaps. basic rotation Storm Strike, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, chances are you might have Maelstrom to 5 stacks after that, fire off Lava Burst right after. Lava Burst hits hard, like 6K hard, at 70 my Lightning Bolts are hitting for like 2500 without the 100% crit talent.. Then you have Spirit Wolves into the mix, its a very very different play style then it is now. Its also a huge jump over Live DPS. Only problem is mana, but in a raid I guess that wouldn't be an issue, but my gear on Live has a piddly mana pool.
Old 2008-09-26, 21:11   Link #851
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

I want to see how the enhance shammy will work out on WoTLK, I pre-ordered the game so I can come back to WoW when it comes out. I saw a few video's on how the DK starts and it looks pretty awesome. Besides that I've only actually seen the new druids and thats about it. Mainly because I don't go to much sites looking at the newest skills and all that. I would really like to see how much harder its going to get at healing, from what I hear its going to be quite harder in WoTLK
Old 2008-09-26, 23:32   Link #852
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rerolling Death Knight continues to look more appealing. This news of recent changes is very heartening. I'm still leaning towards Blood spec, although I get the feeling Unholy might finally have been fixed.
Old 2008-09-27, 09:33   Link #853
Ending

Quote:
Rerolling Death Knight continues to look more appealing. This news of recent changes is very heartening.
PvP survivability-wise, yes. Blizz is almost insulting all healing priests with the new Divine Hymn that works like reverse pain suppression. Instead of buffing your allies with 40% reduced damage, it buffs your enemies. That's so bad it's funny. Sure hope it doesn't make it to live, because I would much rather put myself to sleep for 40% damage reduction than give it to my enemies.

Ignoring the long-standing PvP issues, PvE looks pretty okay. Not much new beside the guardian spirit and bigger numbers, so it's probably the same for another 10 levels. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since healing priests in PvE are doing fine. The reason why there haven't been many changes, I guess.

Oh, and is anyone interested of a little bit of trading? I can accept a Scroll of Resurrection if you can accept a Recruit-a-Friend invitation. Free game-time for you, zhevra mount for me. We can time it just a bit before WOTKL for a good start.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 09:52   Link #854
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I saw screenshots of the updated version of the Death Knight flying mount. Damn...that is cool. Thing that bugs me is...if they get a specific mount to their class only, how do they get hold of it? Is there a quest chain for it like Druids, or is it simply a purchase?

Now the real question I need to answer is whether to use a Gnome, Night Elf or Human as the original avatar to build my Death Knight from.
Old 2008-09-27, 12:56   Link #855
Maes
その目だれの目?

As of right now, the DK flying mount just costs 1000 gold(modified by rep) from a vendor in Ebon Hold.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 15:38   Link #856
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
PvP survivability-wise, yes. Blizz is almost insulting all healing priests with the new Divine Hymn that works like reverse pain suppression. Instead of buffing your allies with 40% reduced damage, it buffs your enemies. That's so bad it's funny. Sure hope it doesn't make it to live, because I would much rather put myself to sleep for 40% damage reduction than give it to my enemies.

Ignoring the long-standing PvP issues, PvE looks pretty okay. Not much new beside the guardian spirit and bigger numbers, so it's probably the same for another 10 levels. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since healing priests in PvE are doing fine. The reason why there haven't been many changes, I guess.

Oh, and is anyone interested of a little bit of trading? I can accept a Scroll of Resurrection if you can accept a Recruit-a-Friend invitation. Free game-time for you, zhevra mount for me. We can time it just a bit before WOTKL for a good start.
How about you get the free game time and i get the zhevra mount ^^ That sounds like a better deal for the up coming wotlk haha

Anyways I don't really care about DK and all that, I'm just waiting on more updates of the characters I actually have. A rogue/sham/spriest. I want to see how they all end up
Old 2008-09-27, 21:27   Link #857
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rogues and Shamans look decent. Shamans are getting Hex, Rogues get Tricks of the Trade at 75. Subtlety spec looks ridiculous but Combat needs fixing.

@Maes - Hmm, interesting. Is that going to be for the flight training as well or is that still going to be the mega cash sinks in Shadowmoon?
Old 2008-09-27, 23:59   Link #858
Maes
その目だれの目?

The mount itself is 1k(odds are you'll be able to get it for at least 950 by the time you can fly), flight training is still what it is right now(800 expert, 5k artisan). The thing with the mount is that its speed scales with your skill, so if you've only got expert riding it's a 60% flying mount but if you've got artisan then it's 280%. Still more expensive than the normal gryphons available, but worth the gold I think because it really is very nice looking.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 00:02   Link #859
Mr Hat and Clogs

The DK flier is 1000g on top of the flying mount costs (although when I purchased it the price was 900 or 950, but rep was only friendly). But unlike other mounts the DK flier scales with riding skill, so if you have the cheap flying skill you can still use the mount but its speed is limited, if you have the 300 riding skill the mount runs at full speed.

DK's don't need to pay for land speed training so they save about 500g over other classes, but still need to pay the 900g, and 5000g riding skills. All up its probably about 6400g to get a DK its epic flier.
Old 2008-09-28, 01:09   Link #860
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ah, I see. Well, with what I have saved up (2.6k) and what I could get between 55 and 77, shouldn't be a problem.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows