AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-28, 02:16   Link #81
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I was looking for some tsundere's animes after ending SnS and ZnT, some friend told me about this serie and at the begining i was unsure due that i never watched a no-action serie, thought it was boring... Here I am, episode 20 and I can now say, I love this anime
Old 2011-01-28, 15:05   Link #82
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I came very late but at least i make it before the next episode review.

Episode 3: Your Song.

While episodes 1 serves as and introduction of the characters and episode 2 showed more of her antics i think is episode three the one that can eb considered Minorin's true introduction into the plot as near all of the episode is about her(we now how hammy she is after all xD). This episode also follows the motion of things started by Ep. 2 and here we finally get to see the normal life of our characters, going to school, eating at home and having club activities which i find amusing because it's funny to see Taiga bored as a crab as time passes with things like girls talking about cellphones or Ryuuji preparing food xD(more evidence that she don't react vilently all the time). Other thing that this chapter shows is that Taiga in fact have friends and life aside of Ryuuji(unlike Shana, for example, who starts with Yuuji as her only contact with humanity).

But let's talk more about Minorin this time. To me she's some sort of a more syphatetic Haruhi-like character. She's full of energy, fairly good at various things(from jobs to sports, to manualities, to school) and is also a veryweird girla, and of course, ends being up the best friend of the other weird girl fo the class xD, and in spite of all of those things she's a pretty sociable and joyfull girl who get along well with anybody. Takasu's crush on her is quite obvious as he's both impressed and enchanted with Minori's qualities, specially considering his own traits, you know, a humble but tough looking guy who tries to be nice with people but end up being feared by everyone instead and end involved in troubles from time to time as a result(Taiga anyone?), being approached by a cheerful girl like Minorin who can get alone with anyone and isn't afraid of his look is a very good way for him to end up infautuated with her. this chapter also open Minorin's inside insecurities a little more to Takasu and the audience as we learn tha she, under all that weriness and genkiness, is a normal girl trying to fight her insecurities ...and Takasu admires her for that(i think that is, in fact, something worth of admiration), Minorin's strenght lies in her spirit of always keep trying.

This review falls short because things are sterted to get more solid for this first half of the series and we need to wait until Ami-chan shows up to scramble up thing a little xD. abot my favourite scenes of this chapter i can only say that Minrin at this point of the story is the weirdest thing this series have, she alwas manage to say somewthing that lefts me thinking for a moment and i like her for that(i can warn all of you from this point, that i didn't dislike ANY character from Toradora. To me, ALL of them have something good, important or funny to aport to the overall series). and then there are my favourite scenes:

- "Bored Taiga" scenes xD(walking in the morning, Recess with cellphones, waiting for food, Taiga is funny even when bored xD).
- "Taiga VS Bike" scenes are both cute and hilarious xD.
- "The Pitcher is scarred" song(i just can't take that song out of my head ...hey,hey,hey!).
- The "I found you" scene(i can't help myself but burst of laughing at Taiga's "Evil Doll" face when she hears Minorin and Ryuuji's voices xD).
- "Minorin's hammyness", all of it(moruseee, moruseeeee....)

Good chapter, a little rest from the tearjerking but without forgiving the heartwarm. Well, see ya! on Chapter 4: "That look you had".

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-01-28, 15:30   Link #83
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Minori's strength is definitely her cheerfulness. The anime makes her quite silly sometimes, but it works and she is a really silly girl anyway. You've got to hand it to her for being optimistic like that.
Old 2011-01-28, 17:21   Link #84
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I was looking for some tsundere's animes after ending SnS and ZnT, some friend told me about this serie and at the begining i was unsure due that i never watched a no-action serie, thought it was boring... Here I am, episode 20 and I can now say, I love this anime
Welcome to the Eye-Opening world of Toradora! xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-01-29, 07:23   Link #85
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That bird is really starting to creep me out.
Old 2011-01-29, 10:27   Link #86
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode 4 - That Look You Had

Armpit carnival, hahaha... Kitamura carnival, hahaha.

Well, there was a mix of anime original material and novel material this time around. Specifics are available upon special request.

I do like how they made the last episode about Minori and this about Kitamura. Okay, so taking pictures like that is really creepy. And even with the original stuff, they still kept the feel of the series and you wouldn't even know it was original. Really great adaptation here. And taiga, really is cuter the second time around, lol.

Ami neeext week!! Yeeaaahh!! <33
Old 2011-01-29, 10:40   Link #87
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
For me Yui Horie characters are either really annoying, rather adorable or downright creepy. In all honestly a lot of people like Kushieda's character, but I'm not someone who seems to hang on to her unbridled optimism I guess. Episode 3's depiction of her character help set her apart from the typical stupid optimist, but it doesn't really change the fact that she's my least favorite character out of the main 5.
to me Yui Horie is the Yuko Goto of JC Staff. I mean, pretty much any of her seiyuu work outside Toradora is basically a character with a serious strict voice.

I really don't know how a strict-sounding seiyuu can voice something so hyperactive and cute like Minori.
Old 2011-01-29, 14:34   Link #88
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
to me Yui Horie is the Yuko Goto of JC Staff. I mean, pretty much any of her seiyuu work outside Toradora is basically a character with a serious strict voice.

I really don't know how a strict-sounding seiyuu can voice something so hyperactive and cute like Minori.
Or Amamiya Manabi...
Old 2011-01-31, 00:57   Link #89
Bacun

I totally forgot about this. Good thing the weekly thread email reminded me. I will be catching up and joining you guys in the discussions!
Old 2011-01-31, 21:53   Link #90
Deus pater

Hi everyone.

Well do you know?
toradora will get blu-ray in Japan.

A n d

We'll be able to see OVA
Old 2011-02-01, 00:13   Link #91
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus pater View Post
Hi everyone.

Well do you know?
toradora will get blu-ray in Japan.

A n d

We'll be able to see OVA
Do you have a source?
Old 2011-02-01, 02:10   Link #92
Deus pater

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
Do you have a source?
source(Japanese)

http://ruce.blog5.fc2.com/blog-entry-3216.html
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51659647.html
Old 2011-02-01, 07:57   Link #93
D-Gold
Aurum

Thanks and YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Can't wait to see it
Old 2011-02-01, 18:09   Link #94
Crackabad

neone know release dates for the OVA by chance?
Old 2011-02-01, 19:51   Link #95
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

That ova... Is like a real OVA or just like the parody's one?
Old 2011-02-01, 23:11   Link #96
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think there is any concrete info yet. Best to save it for when they make the thread for it as we'd just be wasting our breath.

Did you guys watch this week's episode??
Old 2011-02-02, 11:01   Link #97
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

So, can anyone translate the info for those of us who do not understand japanese?

Old 2011-02-02, 16:51   Link #98
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I think that the part I loved the most was when Taiga finds the Ruiji's picture. Is that the moment when she starts falling in love with him?
Old 2011-02-02, 19:11   Link #99
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I think that the part I loved the most was when Taiga finds the Ruiji's picture. Is that the moment when she starts falling in love with him?
I don't think so. I think the love part comes later on.
Old 2011-02-02, 22:55   Link #100
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

But still, her expression and reactions after it seems like more agressive towards Ryuuji, something like when you try to hide your feeling (like Louise/Shana),

Tags
re-watch, toradora