AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 23:05   Link #321
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
You mean, fiance-stealer
Bah, technicalities. Bridejacker sounds better!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 02:23   Link #322
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I view the very moment Lacus handed Kira the Freedom as their first test. It was a major gamble, and Lacus was probably betting everything she had on Kira.

Oh, but he loved Lacus.

He once mentioned to Cagali how stupid he was for alienating his relationship with Lacus by doing what he did... that is, to follow his father's orders to the latter.

Then again, he had an excuse. His rival in love was the famed Bridejacker Kira...

- Tak
oh yeah, now that you mentioned it... Lacus did bet everything she had on Kira.. at least it was a good gamble that had positive results even earning her a new lover

I'm pretty sure Athrun was heartbroken... poor thing. And yes, I also believed Athrun did have feelings for Lacus but he was too preoccupied with the war and everything that he took her for granted.. but you know, Lacus did find Kira interesting at first because he reminded her of how Athrun used to be before the war..

ASUCAGA in Seed was something sort of rushed and forced for me.. since both of them had no one to confide to (since Cagalli learned she was Kira's twin and Athrun learned that his fiance loves his bestfriend) .. seriously, when I found out Kira and Cagalli were siblings, i was sort of SURPRISED and SHOCKED
Spoiler for :D:
because there were numerous hints before the revelation that Cagalli sort of liked Kira.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 12:40   Link #323
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
even earning her a new lover
That depends if you consider Athrun as Lacus' old lover

The one time Lacus and Athrun were together, alone, in Lacus' mansion, it seemed they were playing house, and both were failing pretty hard. Their acts were pretty forced, and I highly doubt Lacus even consider Athrun a lover at the time.

Quote:
Lacus did find Kira interesting at first because he reminded her of how Athrun used to be before the war..
Well, we don't know what Athrun used to be before the war, so I can't say. But based on later comparison, Kira is nowhere near as clumsy as Athrun, and nowhere as wishy washy.

Quote:
ASUCAGA in Seed was something sort of rushed and forced for me.. since both of them had no one to confide to (since Cagalli learned she was Kira's twin and Athrun learned that his fiance loves his bestfriend) ..
ASUCAGA was much better developed, imo. It actually took time for them to be together and to be connected with each other. It is much better than the case for say, Shinn & crazypsychosupersoldier and later Lunamaria. The latter is especially bad, its like the writers were too desperate throwing someone to pair with Shinn, and Lunamaria is it, because they had no one else.

Quote:
seriously, when I found out Kira and Cagalli were siblings, i was sort of SURPRISED and SHOCKED
Spoiler for :D:
because there were numerous hints before the revelation that Cagalli sort of liked Kira.
Yeah. When Cagali found out Kira was ok, she rushed to see him and pushed him down with herself on top in public. It kinda seemed she had a boner for him. I shudder to imagine if the same situation occurred in an enclosed space. I can so see Kira getting raped here.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-07-01, 13:17   Link #324
rakusukira

Quote:
That depends if you consider Athrun as Lacus' old lover

The one time Lacus and Athrun were together, alone, in Lacus' mansion, it seemed they were playing house, and both were failing pretty hard. Their acts were pretty forced, and I highly doubt Lacus even consider Athrun a lover at the time.
okay, this episode was funny! and the facade became more obvious when Lacus confessed she was fond of Kira.
Old 2011-07-01, 13:21   Link #325
Tak

Quote:
okay, this episode was funny! and the facade became more obvious when Lacus confessed she was fond of Kira.
Did you notice how Athrun semi-forced himself to kiss Lacus' cheek?

At that point, I was like, alright bro, new deck, new deck!

- Tak

Old 2011-07-01, 21:07   Link #326
rakusukira

Quote:
Did you notice how Athrun semi-forced himself to kiss Lacus' cheek?

At that point, I was like, alright bro, new deck, new deck!

- Tak
and she wasn't even expecting a kiss on the cheek.. Athrun decided for himself to kiss her there instead of where she wanted him to
Old 2011-12-01, 14:47   Link #327
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
What exactly was the original point of pairing Athrun with Cagalli anyways other than the fact that she was Kira's biological sister?

Meyrin and Athrun seems to make more sense giving that the rest of the pairings in GSD between Kira and Lacus and Shinn and Lunamaria were between coordiantors.
im sorry but that relationship made no sense. meyrin really didnt say a word to athrun for almost the entire series. and out of the blue she helps him go on the run. it made no logically sense. it would have made more sense if lunamaria was the one to help athrun. she had spend the most time with him. and when she went on the mission to follow him. she got a inside look at athrun feelings, thus she knows the real him. i could never understand that meyrin athrun pairing at the end of gsd. from a writing angle luna and athrun would have made much more sense i think.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 19:40   Link #328
rakusukira

Of all of Athrun's women .. Cagalli is number 1.. if there should be a sequel to Destiny, Athrun and Cagalli should get together. Meyrin should just find someone else, haha!
Old 2011-12-22, 11:13   Link #329
Fan96

I would say, there IS hope!! even though im not really into animes but rather korean dramas (sorry for going out of topic hahas ><). Even though its not 100% garantee that it would be asucaga, asucaga fans can still hope cant they? :P And that's what asumey fans can't take away from us!! HOPE that the third season or sequel or whatever that there would be asucaga

Anyways, I've noticed somethings in the other forums for topics relating to 'asumey or asucaga?'. It is that, asumey fans can prove about how much meyrin loves/adores/cares about athrun. Like staying by his side in the sick bay, helping him walk when his injured, betraying zaft with him and etc. HOWEVER, there is one thing that they cant prove. And that is that athrun loves meyrin back in a romantic way like how she loves him. After all, it takes TWO to make a relationship work.

As for asucaga fans, they can prove that cagalli loves athrun and that athrun DOES loves cagalli. Example, he gives her a ring, he kisses her, he promises to protect her, he engulfs her in a passionate hug, he says that there isnt a need to rush their relationship, he thinks of her and so on. For cagalli, she thinks of him, cries when his injured, hugs him back and so on.

That was what convinced me that asucaga was more erm.. convincing? (hahas sorry, i have really bad english ><). What meyrin did with athrun was a very sweet thing, and im not saying athrun felt ABSOLUTELY nothing, he felt grateful of cause but gratefulness is not love, and love is not gratefulness. Meyrin is a sweet and understanding girl, im not bashing her (if a guy does the same thing as what she did to athrun to me, i would probably go 'awwwwww' and faint xD), but perhaps she just isnt suited for athrun in my opinion.

Therefore, last message (i bet your thinking 'finally! this person is sooo long winded hahas') to asucaga fans, (coz i'm also one hehehehe xD) some may think your losing in this debate but i think your winning!! Your doing a great job!! HWAITING!!! (thats erm, good luck in korean.. or something like that hahas, sorry, i had too much korean dramas ><)
Fan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 19:21   Link #330
XFreedom

Well there is always chance and hope for them. But i wouldn't enjoy that much to see them come together. Why? Cuz Athrun is a cool swagg guy, more suitable for a cute girly Meyrin. Cagalli is a bit too political, and well, with no care of her outlook, it would be awkward for her to be with Athrun. That's my opinion only !

Talking about Meyrin, she DID try to get closer to Athrun, but her sister Lunamaria always took the chance, she did win once when they were at the fake Lacus concert. But more than ever, she helped Athrun to escape!
XFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 08:44   Link #331
rakusukira

I've always looked at Athrun and Cagalli as polar opposites... the former being so cool and collected but very doubtful.. the latter, however, is reckless, impulsive, acts on her own feelings, but is confident and believes in what she wants to believe in (without even thinking of the consequences)..

their similarities? well, the desire to protect the ones they love brought them to fight together in SEED, right? and eventually, they learned a thing or two from each other and somehow fell in love..

In Destiny, Athrun turned to be the impulsive one by going back to ZAFT because he was itching to do something about the war.. Cagalli wanted to handle her politics with coolness and calm but was eventually taken advantage off by her subordinates.. their relationship was put on hold after that because they needed some self-exploring.. but nevertheless, these two are meant for each other.

As for Meyrin and Athrun..........
man, i got nothing to say
Old 2011-12-28, 05:36   Link #332
wm4

Off the stage I wished that some improvement between Bandai and Cagalli's/her CV.
In every products GS was related (and including the upcoming game
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4058457.html) all Cagalli's occurrence were replaced by Mu.
Maybe it is a good thing for SEED series being the first Gundam without a Char.

Don't know how much power Fukuda has on the game. Just that in this trend, the chance
that Athrun x Mu would be much and much greater than with Cagalli.

On the other hand, Suzuru Fujino is still hot and will be featured as a mid-boss
in the PSP game Hero Fantasia (http://tinyurl.com/7m9n9dl) So became only a problem of time,
and I bet that the worst case the character will be DLC and the players have to pay some
extra bucks.
It seems that Naomi Shindo was not getting so bad with our big boss, so what is the problem....
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 07:14   Link #333
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
Off the stage I wished that some improvement between Bandai and Cagalli's/her CV.
In every products GS was related (and including the upcoming game
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4058457.html) all Cagalli's occurrence were replaced by Mu.
Maybe it is a good thing for SEED series being the first Gundam without a Char.

Don't know how much power Fukuda has on the game. Just that in this trend, the chance
that Athrun x Mu would be much and much greater than with Cagalli.

On the other hand, Suzuru Fujino is still hot and will be featured as a mid-boss
in the PSP game Hero Fantasia (http://tinyurl.com/7m9n9dl) So became only a problem of time,
and I bet that the worst case the character will be DLC and the players have to pay some
extra bucks.
It seems that Naomi Shindo was not getting so bad with our big boss, so what is the problem....
Char was divided into 3 in SEED. the rival being Athrun, the mentor being Mu and the evil side of char being present in Rau
Old 2011-12-28, 12:22   Link #334
Washu-Chan