AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 02:27   Link #141
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Back on topic, are you guys watching the Japanese version of the movie or has it been released in your local areas? I'm still waiting for news on a U.S. release here.
It's been unofficially subbed.

And, I enjoyed the last third of the tv series a lot.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 07:14   Link #142
DemonOfWrath

Hmm, it was an... interesting movie. Liked the characters although it took a little while to warm up to them (Saya being a bit of a bitch at the start was fun to watch admittedly). Found the plot interesting right up until the last 5-10 minutes where it just went full on derp.

Spoiler for Ending spoilers:

It did look gorgeous though, but I was kind of expecting that. Say what you will about Blood-C, it had some really nice animation and choreography and this wasn't any different.
Oh, and absurd amounts of blood. That was expected too.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 12:01   Link #143
Bern-san

It was a very entertaining movie until the last battle... Did he really need to do all that for Saya?
He made her more miserable and I think there's more ways to get what he wanted.

I don't know how to feel about the woman who became a politician being the only one who got a happy ending from the anime.

Without a doubt the best scene was Watanuki's cameo.
Old 2013-03-06, 04:22   Link #144
FateAnomaly

Ok i watched this but i can't say i actually understand Fumito's objectives. Did he fall for Saya and simply wanted to be able to create old ones for her to feed on? Are all the crazy thing he thrust on her necessary?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 12:04   Link #145
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Hey it was a pretty darn good movie - at least this actually something watchable rather than that stupid TV series. Overall, Blood C is still an utter failure but at least we saw Saya kicking people's butt in the end.

Maybe the entire thing would've worked if the Movie was the TV series and the TV series was an interesting prequel movie.
Old 2013-03-12, 13:07   Link #146
Tiberium Wolf

The final battle sucked really. I don't get it why Fumito had to die like that. It was lame.
Old 2013-03-12, 14:45   Link #147
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I liked the animation for obvious reasons, but when there isn't a David in the mix it just feels empty. The Blood series always had this international feel to it and it's not supposed to be limited to just one culture.

Not one European or American in sight.

Saya's mindset and her overall character doesn't mesh with the supporting cast it just feels like they're catering too much for the otaku fan base and not for a wider one. They're also annoying and awkward.

What makes it worst is there was 1 Chiropteran. One. Uno. Ichi. Out of the whole movie. The rest were monsters.

When you look at the original or Plus, there's an actual story instead of some "sacrificial" melodrama.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-03-12 at 15:07.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 10:28   Link #148
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
What makes it worst is there was 1 Chiropteran. One. Uno. Ichi. Out of the whole movie. The rest were monsters.
That wasn't even a chiropteran. The monster killed at the beginning of the movie was an Old One (furukimono, also known as Elder Bairn by some fans; personally, I prefer "Old Ones", because of the allusion to Lovecraft mythology). To quibble about this is to kind of miss the point about Blood-C. Clamp's version of Saya isn't a vampire (as in the original Blood movie), or some special breed of chiropteran (Blood+). She's an Old One herself, and the last of her kind by the end of the movie. Hence, The Last Dark.

As for the lack of story, well, substance was never really a strong point of the Blood franchise.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 12:09   Link #149
Forsaken_Infinity

The show was a masterpiece - stop badmouthing it u.u

I mean, no other show ever had the audacity to do anything remotely like that. It was freaking amazing. From how its setting was so obviously fake and yet how it dared drag it out to how bloody cheesy it got and just how gory it got. No limits whatsoever. Best part was that it wasn't slapstick self-parody like almost every other show that dared to push the audience's patience ever. Oh and how can you hate moe moe slice of life with meganekko badass in sailor uniform???? She was even trying her best to protect everyone even if they got scared of her and all. Those shots of her smiling without any malice or care when completely coated in blood are the best thing to ever have come out of anime

Still haven't watched the movie yet though. Hopefully it won't disappoint even though the plot can't be anything other than Boy A loved Girl B so much that he does all this totally messed up shit that confuses the heck out of himself more than anybody else for her ;_; ( ;_; ). Sorry Clamp, your older stories were much better than these convoluted crap. Get back to something simple and yet riveting like Angelic Layer and work back up from there or something.
Old 2013-03-13, 13:46   Link #150
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

As for the lack of story, well, substance was never really a strong point of the Blood franchise.
That's where we don't agree.

The original and + had style to it, Blood C dark just copied and past the intro of the original, except the real Saya would have chop that monster before it even left the train and not break her sword like a fool.

It's not a Blood series without a David.

In Blood Plus, there is a basic story that places Saya in the normal atmosphere only to have it crash down when reality finally hits her without going overboard and chopping twins in half. The irony and forced shocked factor.

Not only that, but the cast was diverse. You had a sense of familiarity with them and the reason why they do things made sense even the villains.

The characters had motives and weren't dead weight like when Clamp took over. I'm actually surprised there wasn't any Yaoi elements added into this movie.

Fumito was just a sacrificial idiot who died in vain for a stupid reason just to TRY and force out "Clannad Tears" for the viewers that even cared about that lame.

Haji was superior in every way and had more depth and reason to his existence. Fumito is a waste of digital ink.

Forsaken,

Masterpiece has been used a lot, but I don't think you should use it so lightly.
This won't even have any legs or reverence in the world market of anime like GiTS.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-03-13 at 13:57.
Old 2013-03-13, 14:09   Link #151
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The original and + had style to it, Blood C dark just copied and past the intro of the original, except the real Saya would have chop that monster before it even left the train and not break her sword like a fool.
I don't know. The original movie has an awfully simple plot. It might have had style, but it had no depth whatsoever. I still liked a it lot for what it was though.

Blood+ on the other hand was a shounen/shoujo pastiche I could never get into. I know many people liked it, and I can't deny the characters were properly developed (they had 50+ episodes to work with after all) but it was a bit too melodramatic at times and that always seemed out of place to me.

Quote:
It's not a Blood series without a David.
He's useless in the first movie so I don't know what you care about him so much. The David in the series might as well be called Jon because he wasn't like movie David at all. Needless to say, the story doesn't need a David.

Quote:
In Blood Plus, there is an actual story that places Saya in the normal atmosphere only to have it crash down when reality finally hits her without going overboard and chopping twins in half. The irony and forced shocked factor.

Not only that, but the cast was diverse. You had a sense of familiarity with them and the reason why they do made sense even the villains.
This much I agree. The characterization was better in the Blood+, but to be fair, the Clamp weren't even trying. After all, the characters in Blood C were supposed to seem fake, and the Clamps succeeded in that if nothing else.

Quote:
Fumito was just a sacrificial idiot who died in vain for a stupid reason just to TRY and give out Clannad tears for the viewers that even cared about that lame.

Haji was superior in every way and had more depth and reason.
Are you comparing Fumito to Haji? That's pretty nonsensical. These two characters had totally different roles so you can't compare.

If we're talking about depth in general though, Haji was pretty much a doll for most of the series. And at the end of the run, when he begins to show some semblance of actual characterization, it's too little too late.

As for Fumito, he was just a crazy dude in love. No much more to say about him, to be honest. His tragedy is so retarded you can't even feel pity for the guy. For me Saya's actual "love interest" in the movie was Mana. I mean, that girl eve got Saya to drink coffee again. That's fucking huge, all things considering. Too bad they couldn't stay together at the end...

Quote:
Masterpiece has been used a lot, but I don't think you should use it for this.
Wasn't Forsaken_Infinity being sarcastic there?

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-03-13 at 14:42.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 14:38   Link #152
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
debating if i want to watch this or not. I didn't even finish the series because i just couldn't get into it. But maybe a full length movie will keep my attention.
Old 2013-03-13, 17:58   Link #153
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If you couldn't finish the series, I don't think there's any point in watching this movie. The only reason I watched it is because I wanted to see the resolution of Saya and Fumito's conflict initiated at the end of the series. Can't say the movie delivered on that front...
Old 2013-03-13, 18:11   Link #154
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If you couldn't finish the series, I don't think there's any point in watching this movie.

I disagree. There are quite a lot of reasons to watch the movie even if you didn't watch/like the series. For example: the animation, the music, the creepy atmosphere, the yuri subtext between Saya and Mana...

If you can put your brain on stand by and not ask yourself questions like "why does Fumito like to screw with Saya's life so much", then you're set.
Old 2013-03-13, 19:17   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

None of these are good enough to warrant a watch if you have no interest in Blood-C or the Blood franchise in general imo. It was a mediocre movie even as a stand alone. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, except maybe hardcore Clamp fans for the Watanuki cameo. As far as recent movies go, watching Wolf Children is a far better idea.
Old 2013-03-13, 19:56   Link #156
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
None of these are good enough to warrant a watch if you have no interest in Blood-C or the Blood franchise in general imo.
That's more like it.

And of course, I disagree.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:04   Link #157
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

The blood series has always had an international feel. That's what I'm getting at. This thing won't even warrant a second viewing to most people.

David is quite important since he gives out the missions and gives Saya advice and a purpose to do what she needs to do.

The shounen stuff that you don't like doesn't really matter to me since I'm only talking about what the series is about. Not your preference.

By the way, the Blood Plus "melodrama" as you put it has a reason behind it unlike this garbage villain with his pathetic sense of love along with that weak sauce golem monster that didn't even last 2 minutes to take down.

Anyways, I'm done here. This isn't going anywhere.

Adios, Blood C and good riddance.
Old 2013-03-17, 21:33   Link #158
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sweet movie Saya got all cool and getting her revenge but it did seem kind of long in some parts but really well done cant wait tell Funi puts it out
Old 2013-03-19, 03:38   Link #159
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I just watched this movie a moment ago, as I was one of the people who painfully stuck with the series from beginning to end and... I don't really understand what I just saw, to be honest. I am confused by Fumito's motivations. He just wanted to keep her alive (as well as give her the ability to kill/devour humans) and went about it in an extremely roundabout and unnecessarily complex way?

I'm fine with no elaborate explanation was to what Saya really is in the Blood-C universe. I'm fine with them never saying who Saya made the contract with that prevents her from harming humans. But I'm not fine with the unbelievably lame way everything got "wrapped up", if you can even call it that. Too many of the wrong things were left unexplained, too many things seemed nonsensical or bullshitty... It's oddly appropriate, I guess. The series was exactly the same way. I guess I got what I came for.

How dissatisfying. At least it gave me some good unintentional laughs. Dat final monster CG...
Old 2013-03-19, 03:42   Link #160
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I don't like gore.. is this safe? I mean from beheading etc....Put spoilers just for safe...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood-c, clamp, production_ig