AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-05, 20:50   Link #1
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

How would you improve GSD without totally revamping it and staying true to the plot

Yes, I know it's somewhat hypocritical that I'm creating this, since I'm one of those few who sincerely enjoyed GSD. I've seen a lot of ideas thrown around these board for the past year or so on how GSD can be improved, blah blah blah, but I've never actually seen how anyone posted their improvement method, and improving without total alteration. Meaning I don't want to see people saying improving by cutting away recap episodes, no recycled animation, and totally rechanging the whole ending to their desired form, etc. Here's my own take.

Spoiler:

There's probably more, but I really need to remarathon SEED and GSD. Remember, no major alterations to the show's presentation method like removing the clip shows, etc or we might as well call it GSD TOTAL AU.

I want to see how would all of you improve GSD with the limitations Fukuda went through from time constraint to animation constraint.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 21:44   Link #2
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

You really don't like Shin do you.

Quite simply, keep more of the focus on the new characters where we at least get the sense that Phantom Pain shows the level of ability and importance they had in the early eps. More focus and consistency when it comes to Shin's development in combat ability(at least where it doesn't seem like he has an unexplained dropped in ability while having it that the Windams actually come off as somewhat challenging to fight with). Athrun being allowed to do more than sulk and be stuck in reused animation for so long while getting the chance to be more a mentor to Shinn where he at least is allowed to somehow gain some respect from Shinn more often in terms of how starstruck he was when he saw how good the Jachin Due veteran ZAFT were during the Junius 7 drop. Cagalli doing more than simply made mute by Shinn where she and him actually have some meaningful conversation, or arguments, where both sides can make some reasonable points. Keeping Orb more out of the war where it remains more of a neutral ground type of place that doesn't see the point in having an aircraft carrier. Juna staying as the scheming type he came off as early on, rather than the goofy acting douche he strangely becomes, where he benefits from doing the odd favor for both the EA and ZAFT for benefitting Orb without actually leaning strictly to one side of the conflict.

Try to balance out the war a bit with the EA seeming to have a competent military force that has its own bit of skill pilots rather than relying so heavily with this "WMDish" stuff where we at least get to see not only Phantom Pain more in the spotlight and given recognition but to see some Natural pilots also to show that this isn't simply a show about coordinators and "druggies." Stop degrading war to something that is only a result of wanting to committ genocide or vengeance cycle with getting rid of this annoying concept that things in a war have to actually be all that black and white where both sides of the EA and ZAFT have their movements being humane and inhumane as it comes with war. Keeping most of the GS cast out of this conflict where their focus is more upon aiding survivors of the Junius 7 drop and such rather than heading out to some fight with them being the moral superiors. Also, giving Rey and Luna the amount of prescence and involvement with combat that they also had in the early eps rather than simply being "backup singers" that stay on Minerva and shoot.

I'll contine on a bit more when I think of more or when I actually care enough to do so.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 22:24   Link #3
vblaze101

Hmm......you know, if there was any battle I thought the EA should have won in Destiny, it's the Battle of Berlin. Sure, we could've had Stelllar still die and Destroy get Freedomed, blah blah blah, yackity smhackity.............but it would've been more interesting if there had been more EA troops coming onto the battlefield so both Zaft and AA crew would be forced to retreat.......but meh, I guess Kira would have to retreat would he.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 23:41   Link #4
4Tran

Ah... this looks interesting. I've got two different ideas for changing Destiny. I actually liked Destiny, so the first one just involves some minor changes here and there; mostly character tweaks, dialogue rewrites, a slight change of pacing, and the elimination of a few battles. The second idea is to keep all of the events and plots the same as in the original, but to radically change the way the story is told. This second idea will be based upon the following principles/ideas:

1. Change the name from "Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny" to "Seed Destiny: Cosmic Era 73", or something like that.

2. Excise all mentions of Gundam from the show. Change the GUNDAM operating system to something else. Change the look and names of the ZAKUs, DOMs, and GOUFs.

3. Durandal is the protagonist of Destiny, so the entire story should be told from
his point of view. He first becomes important due to his relationship with Talia and Rau, so the story should have a prologue that shows these events. The main show should start in earnest right after the end of the Cosmic Era 71 war. Since Durandal doesn't have many confidants, there will have to be lots of internal dialogue.

4. Surround Durandal with people so that we can see more of how he ticks, and so that we can see the vastly different ways them. Either create an assistant for Durandal, or elevate Rey to this position.

5. Lacus is Durandal's antagonist, but her role should be much more in the background. She rarely does things that can be directly attributed to her, but we should see more details about Terminal and how it affects Durandal's plans.

6. Greatly expand Meer's role, and explain why and how important she is to Durandal's plans.

7. ZAFT is split in two; many veteran units are loyal to Sigel Clyne's ideals, and are far more receptive to Lacus than Durandal. The only units that Durandal can fully trust are newly formed units like Minerva, and the green units that protected Messiah. Often, even units that are loyal to Durandal have Lacus sympathizers - this is one of the main reasons Durandal needs Meer. The fear of assassination, sabotage, defection and disruption by these elements drive Durandal to paranoia - he's a lot more worried by Terminal than he is by the EA.

8. The Destiny plan is actually formed from ideas that Durandal built up over many years. Parts of it can be found in his scientific writings, speeches, and letters. The debate over whether it's a good idea can take place over the course of the entire show.

9. The Earth Alliance has been infiltrated by Durandal's agents, and he effectively knew what they were up to the whole time. In fact, he knew that they were going to gamble on a bunch of high-powered mobile armors rather than build up their mobile suit formations. Accordingly, Durandal had Legend and Destiny designed as specific counters for those units.

10. Durandal manipulated the EA into starting a war. They were not ready for a war yet, and Durandal knew this. He also knew that the timing was perfect for a relatively easy victory.

11. Mecha action is to be severely deemphasized. It should be shown for the key battles, but the emphasis should be on strategy. Plans and alliances are far more important than the battles themselves. Incidentally, this means that the creators will have far more resources with which to work on what battles remain. Hopefully, this means that the choreography can be greatly improved.

12. Orb, Minerva, Archangel, and Phantom Pain are far less important in this version, and we only have to see a little of them until the battle of Orb.

Now, the question is whether this counts as a complete revamping or not, and whether I've totally alienated the traditional Gundam fans...

Last edited by 4Tran; 2006-08-06 at 07:53.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 23:55   Link #5
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

By not doing it in the first place.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 23:58   Link #6
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
Ah... this looks interesting. I've got two different ideas for changing Destiny. I actually liked Destiny, so the first one just involves some minor changes here and there; mostly character tweaks, dialogue rewrites, a slight change of pacing, and the elimination of a few battles. The second idea is to keep all of the events and plots the same as in the original, but to radically change the way the story is told. This second idea will be based upon the following principles/ideas:

1. Change the name from "Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny" to "Seed Destiny: Cosmic Era 73", or something like that.

2. Excise all mentions of Gundam from the show. Change the GUNDAM operating system to something else. Change the look and names of the ZAKUs, DOMs, and GOUFs.

3. Durandal is the protagonist of Destiny, so the entire story should be told from
his point of view. He first becomes important due to his relationship with Talia and Rau, so the story should have a prologue that shows these events. The main show should start in earnest right after the end of the Cosmic Era 71 war. Since Durandal doesn't have many confidants, there will have to be lots of internal dialogue.

4. Surround Durandal with people so that we can see more of how he ticks, and so that we can see the vastly different ways them. Either create an assistant for Durandal, or elevate Rey to this position.

5. Lacus is Durandal's antagonist, but her role should be much more in the background. She rarely does things that can be directly attributed to her, but we should see more details about Terminal and how it affects Durandal's plans.

6. Greatly expand Meer's role, and explain why and how important she is to Durandal's plans.

7. ZAFT is greatly split; many veteran units have lots of personnel loyal to Sigel Clyne's ideals, and are far more receptive to Lacus than Durandal. The only units that Durandal can fully trust are newly formed units like Minerva, and the green units that protected Messiah. Loyalty the issues surrounding it drive Durandal almost to paranoia, so show it.

8. The Destiny plan is actually formed from ideas that Durandal built up over many years. Parts of it can be found in his scientific writings, speeches, and letters. The debate over whether it's a good idea can take place over the course of the entire show.

9. The Earth Alliance has been infiltrated by Durandal's agents, and he effectively knew what they were up to the whole time. In fact, he knew that they were going to gamble on a bunch of high-powered mobile armors rather than build up their mobile suit formations. Accordingly, Durandal had Legend and Destiny designed as specific counters for those units.

10. Durandal manipulated the EA into starting a war. They were not ready for a war yet, and Durandal knew this. He also knew that the timing was perfect for a relatively easy victory.

11. Mecha action is to be severely deemphasized. It should be shown for the key battles, but the emphasis should be on strategy. Plans and alliances are far more important than the battles themselves. Incidentally, this means that the creators will have far more resources with which to work on what battles remain. Hopefully, this means that the choreography can be greatly improved.

12. Orb, Minerva, Archangel, and Phantom Pain are far less important in this version, and we only have to see a little of them until the battle of Orb.

Now, the question is whether this counts as a complete revamping or not, and whether I've totally alienated the traditional Gundam fans...
Surprisingly sounds good to me. Especially number 9 and 11.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 00:04   Link #7
lt_shiro

Biggest problem with GSD was lack of someone to really hate. Which Rau was that in GS and the new druggies, other support characters were a joke. If Ray became Rau from the start and try con't his plan. GSD would have been whole lot better...
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 00:23   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
GSD Retold Idea

*Rep*

20 Phases of FATES, 10 Phases of the Hidden Truth, 10 Phases of ....(( I don't think I've seen a particular episode that emphasises on Lacus, and yet stays in the background... except FATES of course, when Dullindal was whoring the intertwining fate that binds the destiny of Kira and Lacus. )), 5 Phases of Meer and 5 Phases of A New Flag.

I like it, but this is a total alienation of traditional mecha fans, much less Gundam fans. Not everyone can appreciate a slow moving politically narrative anime.

Though I still want to know why the heck does Gilbert want Kira dead back in SEED, or more precisely X Astray.
Old 2006-08-06, 00:47   Link #9
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I made a fanfic-ish thing about this back a while ago and made a thread about it back before the hack, here. (let me know if this link doesn't work, I had some problems with it back then too)

For all of those who read it way back then, you remember the speech (I would assume ). For all those who weren't here back then or don't remember:

This is by no means a complete and flawless remedy for GSD. This is a fixing of some of what I thought were the bigger problems of GSD. Neither is this a full from beginning to end fanfic, I make a few notes of the earlier episodes, and then really pick up from episode 35 and on. Nor is this a word-for-word script. I really thought there was no real problems with the first 28 episodes of the series (aside from Shinn's lack of focus in certain episodes like 15), and I especially don't see any problems with the first 12-14 episodes.

Now, this was made back during my college quarter way back in 2005. This is not a masterpiece, but I like it, and there were many people who also liked it, so don't have my head because I didn't make the uber GSD revision of mankind.

And I fully intended the ending to be the way it is to present a conclusion to CE. A bit of a corny conlcusion yes, but a conclusion.
Old 2006-08-07, 00:08   Link #10
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Surprisingly sounds good to me. Especially number 9 and 11.
Thanks. Number 9 (and all of the other relevant points) are my interpretations of how the events unfolded. I think that they are the most logical explanations for rationalizing what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I like it, but this is a total alienation of traditional mecha fans, much less Gundam fans. Not everyone can appreciate a slow moving politically narrative anime.
Perhaps, but there's no need to make this version of Destiny slow-moving. However, I don't deny that it is very likely to tick off action fans, and lead to low model/toy sales. Then again, that might not be bad in and of itself. At the very least, it would let the Gundam franchise be a little more adventurous.

Quote:
Though I still want to know why the heck does Gilbert want Kira dead back in SEED, or more precisely X Astray.
He did? Sigh... I haven't read the mangas, but they seem to do this all the time. They seem to answer questions that didn't really addressing, and bring up weird inconsistencies or outright ridiculous ideas.

By the way, I finally read your proposal, and I like it. I especially like the idea of making Stellar and Auel into kids. I think that the idea of redemption could use a little bit of tweaking, but there's only one thing I don't agree with. There should be no need to make it obvious that Gilbert tried to have Lacus assassinated – anyone who can't handle a little subtlety deserve to be deceived.
Old 2006-08-07, 01:13   Link #11
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Then again, that might not be bad in and of itself. At the very least, it would let the Gundam franchise be a little more adventurous.
True, but sadly, even Gundam has yet to reach the level of Miyazaki/Ghibli where the very name of Ghibli stires crowds. Sure, Gundam is famous, but it has yet to reach a point where they can truly be adventurous in their overall presentation and still win in fans. Turn-A made an impression, and it didn't bode well with public despite major advertising and hype.

Quote:
I think that the idea of redemption could use a little bit of tweaking, but there's only one thing I don't agree with. There should be no need to make it obvious that Gilbert tried to have Lacus assassinated – anyone who can't handle a little subtlety deserve to be deceived.
I'm interested in knowing what you think needs tweaking and whose? Rey? Shinn?

Don't make it obvious? I don't mind exactly (( I love subtlety in every series )) but almost everyone bitches on how it was left open other than some vague hints from Lacus and Gilbert. SE made it obvious with Gilbert's whole kill Kira talk. The only place where Gilbert was officially deemed guilty of EVERYTHING was in the staff interviews.
Old 2006-08-07, 02:33   Link #12
4Tran

Quote:
True, but sadly, even Gundam has yet to reach the level of Miyazaki/Ghibli where the very name of Ghibli stires crowds. Sure, Gundam is famous, but it has yet to reach a point where they can truly be adventurous in their overall presentation and still win in fans. Turn-A made an impression, and it didn't bode well with public despite major advertising and hype.
I'll answer this in the "[http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=639465#post639465"]What is Gundam?[/URL]" thread.

Quote:
I'm interested in knowing what you think needs tweaking and whose? Rey? Shinn?
Not anyone's in particular. It's just that I think it's kind of unbalanced to essentially have Rey, Shinn, Jona, and Durandal have similar character themes of redemption. It might be better for one of them to absolutely insist that he was right all along, despite all the evidence to the contrary, or something like that.

Quote:
Don't make it obvious? I don't mind exactly (( I love subtlety in every series )) but almost everyone bitches on how it was left open other than some vague hints from Lacus and Gilbert. SE made it obvious with Gilbert's whole kill Kira talk. The only place where Gilbert was officially deemed guilty of EVERYTHING was in the staff interviews.
Perhaps I should have written "Don't state it outright" instead. I think that the Destiny staff did a poor job of showing Durandal as the mastermind of all the early incidents, but I don't think that the assassination attempt was one of these. Essentially, he was by far the most likely suspect to begin with, and no other viable suspects were ever presented. I can't think of any way to be more obvious without outright stating that Durandal was the culprit. The audience should be respected enough to assume that just about everyone watching is intelligent enough to figure this out.

If people want to whine about the point being left open-ended despite all evidence to the contrary, then let them. At the least, it gets the show talked about.
Old 2006-08-07, 07:16   Link #13
jonli
JONLIの憂'

HMMMMmmm... what a good topic!

At first i wanted to type a bunch of crap because I hated Destiny...but now that I think about it....its quite hard.

I actually wanted to say "first shift the main character to Athrun"....but The Edge and Destiny Special already did that....

Argh........hmmm....i'll get back to you guys later.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 19:51   Link #14
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Well i have tossed around a few things. I'll start with characters that i felt need to be changed.

Gilbert- I think i would make it perfectly clear that He was behind beak the world, and ultimately in cahoots with Djibril, who would be his boss. He fills Djibril with lies and feeds his ego to start another war all the while sowing the seeds of distrust between the AF and EF, which would lead up to the Destroy incident. As for his "death", i'd leave it intact. He would see that his way of thinking was wrong, maybe even repent for his sins.

Talia- it was no secret she didn't ageee with Gilbert, but i think it would be better if she question him about his plans in private, while openly keeping her distance. But it think she would still be loyal to Zaft, and murrue's rival until the end of the series. Of course she would rather be allies with the AA instead of enemies.

Rey- i think he should be almost the same, but with his own agenda. Even killing Gilbert as apart of that plan. Maybe even finding a messagefrom raww, which told him of who he was and who he would become, and undermining Gilbert is the only way. Rey gives Djibril the plans for requium to gain a temporary ally.In the final battle, i think the messiah incident thing should happen first, but he escapes to face kira. He falls to kira, but kills himself to spite kira.

Shin- not to sure, but i'll comeback to him.

Athrun- There would be no wasted luna scenes, but more subtle hints of him with meryin. He would stay almost the same, but more apt to think for himself. Form a rivalry with sting, until his defection.

Luna- There would be more of a fawning over shin, especially after the events of episode 13. she would form a rivalry with stellar up until stellar's death.

Djibril- He would be associated with Gilbert in Logos as his superior, but listens heavily to gilberts advice, Gilbert plans to betray him and is decieving him with lies. Rey gives him the plans for reqiuem and tells him that gilbert was planning to betray him. Rey wouldn't kill him sin ep 45, he would escpae and survie to lead another nuclear attack against messiah, but he is killed by his former servant, a reluctant neo still submissive to him.

Neo- He would take a more active role first of all. Infact he would be leading the EA fleet in episode 13. There would be a rivalry with rey until the destroy incident. extremly loyal to Djibril who saved. Memories of mwu would be intact as well. He just thinks that he could use the ea to change the world. Upon his first encouter with Kira, He would tell kira everything. After berlin,a nd his killin gof Djbril, he would take over the EA. there would be a rivalry between he and shinn about stellar, with shinn being the ultimate victor, but is spared by shin becuase shinn knows how special neo was to stellar.

Extendeds- they would fight in more battles thats for sure. sting would have a block word, and would be Djbril's son, who gives him friends in the shape of the other extendeds. After the destroy incident, EA forces recover his body which was some how ejected from the cockpit. Dibril tells him that he cares about his son an that he is the only family has left. Family being his block word, this would lead him to defending the new heavens base.

Hiene- He would be a Logos member answering to Djibril, but Gilbert put him with minerva hoping he will die. Hiene befreinds Shin leading to his true stand against the EA in which he dies at the hands of stellar.

episode 13- Phantom paine would be present at the battle to give the minerva crew more of a challenge, until shin goes seed.

episode 32- phantom paine loses, but a large batch of EA reinfocements cuase the minerva and AA to flee giving them the vitctory. Infact EA reinforcments would be a major problem for kira who fought with neo and sting. He murasumes would have to fight more of an even battle.

episode 38- ZAFT would retreat after thier forces are exhasuted. The destroy gundams are defeated though. Djibril has all the other Logos members killed before he leaves.

44- Requium would fire, but Rey smiles playing his piano considering the destruction.

45- Djbril would escpae with Reys help, girty would face off against the minerva until EA reienforcemnts from Azrachel show up to force them to retreat.

46- would stay the same.

47- Gilbert begins to induct the Destiny plan, The EA launch as nuclear attack against Messiah leading to the final conflict with orb supporting them, but not knowing of Djibrils plan to launch nukes. Neo genisis fires but is cancelled out after meeting the nuclear missles head on. Neo kills Djibril.

48- talking ep leading up to the final confilct with messiah. Neo takes over EA. Shinn begins ot think for himself.

49- the final battle begins. Shin meets neo in battle. rey fight athrun breifly but leaves for messiah where kira is causing trouble. yzak abd dearka defect after a hasty fire from neo genesis which hits a large portion of Zaft forces.

50- kira confronts gilbert, but rey shoots gilbert. Gilbert repents in tlaias arms as the two are caught in the ensuing explosion. Rey esacpes to fight kira in thier final battle. Shin joins the fray to join kira against rey who he confronts about thier freindship. Shin wins, but kira pleads with rey, who self destructs to cuase kira as much pain. I'll keep the final plus ending for now.
Old 2006-08-07, 21:04   Link #15
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I would have Gilbert fight Kira in a red MS in the final episode, escape to Messiah in critical condition and attempt to fire Neo Genesis only to have Talia blow his head off with a bazooka. All this purely for nostalgic purposes.

Other than that I would have less of Shinn being a headstrong retard and maybe figure it all out a little while before Final Plus.

That's all. I don't wish to go off on some tanget about resetting the entire show or changing the outcome and buildup altogether.
Old 2006-08-07, 23:27   Link #16
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I would have focused on the Kira Shinn rivalry more. I would of had both of them as protagonist but rivals Ryuhou Kazuma style. If the show would have went like this the final plus would have been more real and wouldn't seem so fake.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 00:02   Link #17
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ugh, no. The Fate of the World(tm) should not rest on a dick measuring contest.

I'd have added Dully pawns, because Rey and Shinn were looking a bit lonely at the end.

And I'd have made Athrun kick more ass in Savior, made him more of a wise veteran for the Minerva, rather than some guy whom everyone (Athrun included) wonders what he's doing there.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 01:21   Link #18
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I will make it a Tomino Kill them All Fest, it always makes a Gundam series better!
Old 2006-08-08, 01:23   Link #19
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

How would you improve GSD without totally revamping it and staying true to the plot

- I would have made Kira and Shinn have an actual realistic dynamic...Have Kira question who that guy was who keeps attacking him and PWNING DESTROYs on Galaxy-wide TV...Devote more than a second of contemplation on who you're fighting so when they do fight it would be less of Shinn's symbolic obsession and more of 2 fighters with different ideals who have no clue they each met the other...

- More Athrun and Kira debating and discussions...Hey it's what made SEED good...Nothing I like more than those two fighting each other over misconstrued intentions...Make that battle in ep 28 even grander...All things considered Athrun fought with better focus in that battle than his entire time with ZAFT's MINERVA...Even after Athrun returns as a bloody mess after his fight with Shinn we get gay cheesyiness instead of serious discussions...

-Make TERMINAL exist...Everyone knows TERMINAL doesn't exist, so make them exist in some fashion so we'll stop believing all Clyne-Faction Gundams come from ZEUS's toychest..I'm talking a full episode showing what it really is...

-Have Kira kill Dullindal...You wanna take over this series be a man and take it over...Everybody has bloody hands...Not all this ambigious did he kill the Taunhauser crew? Wasn't it the shrapnel that killed Steller? I was about to shoot that Lady that killed Mia-chan...You wanna fight for the future?? You're ready for what comes next? Take the shot!!!

-Introduce another level to SEED...2 series and we still have almost zero clue what the characters believe SEED is....It is never discussed in any fashion whatsoever...Totally kill the Lacus SEED B$ and go a step further with Shinn's version...I always thought that it would have been cool if in the final fight Shinn would have snapped so far that his SEED would just go dark or become unstable turning his eyes black (Like really black unlike Lacus)...You know like instead of the SEED cracking it just would be unstable dark SEED with like this electric shock just surrounding it...Obviously Shinn would be on the brink of mental breakdown while this is happening...Giving him just enuff power to pwn a little bit but it would run out of stamina..So he would still lose in the end...

That's about it for now...I got more, but I'd write so much a spoiler tab couldn't fit it...Basically I would have tried to make it good...Even matches, intensity during fights via actual good dialouge (like Rau-Kira, Yzak-Athrun, Kira-Athrun, etc in SEED), tactics on the battefield and stress direction more on individual fights than full scaled eye-candy B$....Make characters like Jona and Djbril actual good ruthless characters an less cartoons of their former selves...Ugh so much...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-08-08 at 01:54.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 02:01   Link #20
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
- I would have made Kira and Shinn have an actual realistic dynamic...Have Kira question who that guy was who keeps attacking him and PWNING DESTROYs on Galaxy-wide TV...Devote more than a second of contemplation on who you're fighting so when they do fight it would be less of Shinn's symbolic obsession and more of 2 fighters with different ideals who have no clue they each met the other...
Pretty cool...I like it.

Quote:
- More Athrun and Kira debating and discussions...Hey it's what made SEED good...Nothing I like more than those two fighting each other over misconstrued intentions...Make that battle in ep 28 even grander...All things considered Athrun fought with better focus in that battle than his entire time with ZAFT's MINERVA...Even after Athrun returns as a bloody mess after his fight with Shinn we get gay cheesyiness instead of serious discussions...
I would rather have Athrun as a side character but that would be ok.

Quote:
-Introduce another level to SEED...2 series and we still have almost zero clue what the characters believe SEED is....It is never discussed in any fashion whatsoever...Totally kill the Lacus SEED B$ and go a step further with Shinn's version...I always thought that it would have been cool if in the final fight Shinn would have snapped so far that his SEED would just go dark or become unstable turning his eyes black (Like really black unlike Lacus)...You know like instead of the SEED cracking it just would be unstable dark SEED with like this electric shock just surrounding it...Obviously Shinn would be on the brink of mental breakdown while this is happening...Giving him just enuff power to pwn a little bit but it would run out of stamina..So he would still lose in the end...
You know......that dark seed thing is cool.....I think he should get as soon as he gets the Destiny though.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote