AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-02, 15:48   Link #61
Reclun
Lithium Flower

T_T.....I despair. Nothing holds my attention for very long. So many disappointing anime endings...T^T Someone fix me please. ToT
Old 2011-02-02, 19:17   Link #62
matrixdutch

Bakemonogatari
Old 2011-02-03, 00:26   Link #63
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixdutch View Post
Bakemonogatari

This one has been suggested a few times to me...I never thought I'd like it, but maybe it's worth checking out?
Old 2011-02-03, 02:14   Link #64
Seishin
私は、和のかがみのココロ

Send a message via MSN to Seishin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
To be honest, I haven't seen it yet but you could try Hell Girl.
Yes, you could try Hell Girl/ Jigoku Shoujo. It's about a girl who ferries people to Hell by having them place the name of the person they seek revenge against on a webpage call Jigoku Tsuushin that pops up at midnight. The target is then given a glimpse of their worst nightmare before the Jigoku Shoujo carries them away to Hell.
And if you look into it and decide you like it, there's always Vampire Princess Miyu as well, as the theme is almost identical. Miyu is a Shinma(demon) who has been tasked with ridding Japan of other Shinma, but often fails, leaving most people in a state of despair over the damage that had inflicted to them by the Shinma.
Old 2011-02-03, 06:51   Link #65
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeishinSakuran View Post
Yes, you could try Hell Girl/ Jigoku Shoujo. It's about a girl who ferries people to Hell by having them place the name of the person they seek revenge against on a webpage call Jigoku Tsuushin that pops up at midnight. The target is then given a glimpse of their worst nightmare before the Jigoku Shoujo carries them away to Hell.
And if you look into it and decide you like it, there's always Vampire Princess Miyu as well, as the theme is almost identical. Miyu is a Shinma(demon) who has been tasked with ridding Japan of other Shinma, but often fails, leaving most people in a state of despair over the damage that had inflicted to them by the Shinma.
I did try Hell Girl. Its episodic nature put me off checking out seasons 2 and 3. >_<; I might try Miyu, but I'm a bit anti-vampires at present. u_u;;;
Old 2011-02-04, 13:53   Link #66
matrixdutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclun View Post
This one has been suggested a few times to me...I never thought I'd like it, but maybe it's worth checking out?
It was outstanding to me:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100208
Old 2011-02-04, 19:29   Link #67
Niji

Kekkaishi has been recommended, not sure whether you tried it. It is set in modern times, but is quite strongly supernatural. It is quite nice, and often mentioned with Shounen Onmiyouji, though not the same historical time, of course. SO is deeper, and Kekkaishi is funnier

For classical music I recommend Piano no Mori, though it is a movie. Very beautiful.

Last edited by Niji; 2011-02-04 at 19:39.
Old 2011-02-04, 22:55   Link #68
Reclun
Lithium Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixdutch View Post
It's going on my list then. ^^ I was worried it might be too ero-ish or something, but I'll take my chances now. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niji View Post
Kekkaishi has been recommended, not sure whether you tried it. It is set in modern times, but is quite strongly supernatural. It is quite nice, and often mentioned with Shounen Onmiyouji, though not the same historical time, of course. SO is deeper, and Kekkaishi is funnier

For classical music I recommend Piano no Mori, though it is a movie. Very beautiful.
Ah, Kekkaishi...my little brother watches it, and tells me it's rather good, but I was never really interested. XD I might have to give it a chance. And Piano no Mori! I love Kai! Is it really only a movie?
Old 2011-02-07, 18:53   Link #69
Practical joke
...completely lost it...

you might want to check out Wolf's Rain.
Old 2011-02-07, 21:00   Link #70
kitten320

I'm also in need for something supernatural and suspensful... really enjoyed Shiki, took me just 2 days. Is there anything else like that which has suspence, drama and keeps you guessing? Because shows I started now aren'r that exciting =/

Ghost Hunt also was very enjoyable!

Just make sure it has an actual story, not just episodes. Mysteries are actually interesting and take time to be discovered, this is where Gosick loses it's potential so far. Characters that make you feel for them, in Shiki I sometimes had no idea whose side to take. And obviously some drama/tragedy, even better if it is supported with nice music.
Old 2011-02-12, 09:36   Link #71
Reclun
Lithium Flower

An update on what flavor of supernatural I've been craving! :D

Hm...I usually like anything with supernatural elements, but lately, I've been really into the ones that feel...er...'deep'? I guess? And maybe just a bit light and heartwarming? (But not a LOT! A teeny bit.) Spooky is good, as well as slightly creepy or mind-bendy, but too much mind-bending puts me off the whole thing. >_< As was the case with Ghost Hound. >_<; And not too much blood and gore, either. Moderation, moderation.

Bombard me with lovely suggestions. :D
Old 2011-02-12, 11:46   Link #72
matrixdutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclun View Post
An update on what flavor of supernatural I've been craving!

Hm...I usually like anything with supernatural elements, but lately, I've been really into the ones that feel...er...'deep'? I guess? And maybe just a bit light and heartwarming? (But not a LOT! A teeny bit.) Spooky is good, as well as slightly creepy or mind-bendy, but too much mind-bending puts me off the whole thing. >_< As was the case with Ghost Hound. >_<; And not too much blood and gore, either. Moderation, moderation.

Bombard me with lovely suggestions.
Haibane Renmei
Windy Tales

Old 2011-02-12, 12:01   Link #73
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

To Aru Majutsu No Index it science vs magic so lots of supernatural elements on it
Closed Thread

Tags
supernatural