AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 02:03   Link #31701
Eratas123

How fast can normal people be able to use guns effectively?
Old 2012-06-01, 02:06   Link #31702
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Very quickly, especially with crash course, of course, you might as well hurt/kill yourself in process. The longest part of conquering a gun is to remember the safety precautions
Old 2012-06-01, 02:14   Link #31703
Eratas123

When do children begin to look too smart?

Side note - How many shifts are there to an IS?
Old 2012-06-01, 02:18   Link #31704
demino_hellsin
That one guy

when you introduce something into a story... do you make it sound awesome or something that comes with a huge drawback right from the get go?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 02:20   Link #31705
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
I was recently taught maternity care and there are 'steps' in child development from baby to adolescent, forgot the details (?!) but I remember that under that step is rather slow and over that step is considered fast.

For example, this quote

Quote:
By about 4 to 6 months, your baby will be cooing and gurgling, wiggling and kicking,
rolling over and trying to sit up by herself.
So far there's two shift, likely there will be three if the story EVER continue

@ Demi
The first option of course. As TvTropes put it "There's too few people that read a fic saying I suck at summaries", the drawback will be more dramatic when it's important for the plot, but was hinted way before to prevent asspull.

For example, Boost Link System was hinted way before in chapter 9 and 11, will be explained in Chapter 13, and kick the door to insanity in later chapters (Overshift and all). It's the system used to boost Ichika's average sync rate so he can use RB even during first shift at the cost of Bus slots. Akatsubaki will use it too, since there's no need for Equalizer to begin with (HAAAAAXX!!!!)
Old 2012-06-01, 02:30   Link #31706
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Akatsubaki has been confirmed to use the same device used by Byakushiki so she can use OOA... y'know, in case you forgot.

last concept machine is hard to finish >.>
Old 2012-06-01, 02:30   Link #31707
Eratas123

Depends. Recently, I prefer to make things subtle so it's not a complete asspull when it happens.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:36   Link #31708
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Akatsubaki has been confirmed to use the same device used by Byakushiki so she can use OOA... y'know, in case you forgot.
Isn't that what I said? Because, you know, Akatsubaki didn't exist at this point yet

In that case I made it ascended WMG or something, the 'Gameshark' was purely a guess by Charl, what used in AkaTsubaki as far as Tabane stated is Fold-Out Armor, true multirole design capable of any task by changing it's structural configuration and creating any tools given enough time.

Quote:
last concept machine is hard to finish >.>
Of course, considering your concept of them... no surprise
Old 2012-06-01, 02:40   Link #31709
Eratas123

If an IS pilot put herself up for hire as a mercenary, how much would she get per job?
Old 2012-06-01, 02:42   Link #31710
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

More than normal mercenary, she will get more as a spy or a bodyguard during 'peacetime', if Canon really is not bullshitting (and seems like it's not) each of them would be equal entire tactical squad.

During a wartime however, she might be guaranteed a good sum of wealth.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:51   Link #31711
Eratas123

I'm playing Far Cry 2 and the fact that one merc (the PC) can tip the scales so much despite being a foreigner (Sticks out like a sore thumb) with Malaria (Makes fighting a bitch) is pretty damn funny.

Now I wonder how a merc with an IS would affect a scale.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:54   Link #31712
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wait, are you considering ACTUAL, OPERATIONAL I.S. in mercenary job?

I think world government will be out for your blood, yes, you are not, by any means, a heroic figure, protagonist or no.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:57   Link #31713
Eratas123

Who said anything about heroic? The character in FC2 destroys medicine, water supplies, and crops in order to complete his mission. Mercs by standards are normally amoral since they usually don't care who they work for.

Anyway, there's always partial summoning:/
Old 2012-06-01, 03:04   Link #31714
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
I have a question, between Recoiless Rifle and Rocket Launcher, which is 'better' to mount in an I.S.?
Old 2012-06-01, 03:12   Link #31715
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The rifle, when you're expecting a single target type of mission. Since most IS can outrun missiles. It's more cost efficient to run the rifle.

Missiles are much helpful when it comes to a large scale mission when you need area suppression. Advised to make it purgable once it finishes its work.
Old 2012-06-01, 03:27   Link #31716
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
The rifle, when you're expecting a single target type of mission. Since most IS can outrun missiles. It's more cost efficient to run the rifle.
Well, It was supposed to be 'surprise weapon'. Not as in summon it it out of your ass but hidden well under some (loose) armor plating and shield.

I checked the videos, recoiless rifle gave much better initial acceleration. Indeed, it's better for the roles.

Quote:
Missiles are much helpful when it comes to a large scale mission when you need area suppression.
Maybe you mean rockets, missile can still do it's job at lower altitude, where I.S. are hard pressed to go supersonic thanks to air resistance.

Quote:
Advised to make it purgable once it finishes its work.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 2012-06-01, 08:55   Link #31717
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...! I suddenly have an idea for a male OC, absolutely nothing original though
Old 2012-06-01, 08:56   Link #31718
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Do tell
Old 2012-06-01, 09:03   Link #31719
Eratas123

Just woke up, what's going on?
Old 2012-06-01, 09:04   Link #31720
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically it's about a kid who is found by Tabane half-dead during the aftermath of a terrorist attack. We all know she's working on personal IS research and thus far she feels it would probably be a hoot and a half if she stirred up the world by giving them another male IS pilot. Only she hasn't really figured out why the IS only picks females... so instead she takes this half-dead kid and implants him with an IS core in exchange of his failing heart and tries to fix the compatibility issues, at least on the machine side(Tabane: " Don't look at me, I'm no doctor.")

She then basically mails him to the Orimura's doorstep, where he's luckily found in less than a day. Chifuyu decides to keep quiet about him after reading a note that told her about what's inside him and that he was a "gift"

The guy would be your average everyday teen. self-centered, hates idiots AKA everyone but himself, does stupid stuff on a daily basis and denies it. And for reasons known only to Chifuyu, he is registered to study in ISA. Absolutely everyone is perplexed and Chifuyu has to deal with why he should be allowed in. As much as the guy likes chicks, he learns fairly quickly that most of the girls in the school are just a liiiiittle bit too loopy for his liking.

The core inside him eventually starts to get rejected by his body, which Tabane can't fix because she already did whatever she could so the IS would not reject the body. Eventually he stabilizes and gains an IS with it for all his troubles and pains.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest