AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 10:29   Link #1901
Zuul

I'm probabely the only one who doesn't want Mix to melt down and I want her to continue to play in team Yuri.
She's awesome the way she is.

Even if Andy is the coolest guy in Saint Ange Gakuen.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:29   Link #1902
ReddyRedWolf

Given they have two sets of Vectors I'm predicting we'll see eventually an all male and all female Aquarion gattai.

For now the current generation of Elements believe Amata + some female + one more pilot produces a Aquarion. He merely unlocks Aquarion Evol. Which is the equivalent of Sol Aquarion.

Granted these are not the original Vectors as they somewhat successors to the Assault Vectors produced by the New UN 12,000 years before.

I'm going to guess Amata would be the head of one while Mikono the head of another.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:34   Link #1903
miketyson

Vena: as long as it stays sufficiently fabulous I don't need much plot. It might be the case that it'll be too hard to be fabulous without more plot, but at least for me the fabulousness is the key.

But, about next episode: I've been thinking "anagram" might turn out to be another cross-linguistic pun, specifically meaning "holegram" (like telegram), and not actually a proper anagram. So a love letter delivered through a hole, perhaps? That could be very bad, depending on who's sending what to whom.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:41   Link #1904
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: as long as it stays sufficiently fabulous I don't need much plot. It might be the case that it'll be too hard to be fabulous without more plot, but at least for me the fabulousness is the key.

But, about next episode: I've been thinking "anagram" might turn out to be another cross-linguistic pun, specifically meaning "holegram" (like telegram), and not actually a proper anagram. So a love letter delivered through a hole, perhaps? That could be very bad, depending on who's sending what to whom.
Don't be so mysterious. XD What do you mean ? Who to whom ?
Old 2012-02-24, 10:42   Link #1905
ReddyRedWolf

Thinking about it Andy and Mix's powers could very well be handy. Our dear hole digger and hole filler could be very useful when the time comes to raid Altair.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 11:39   Link #1906
kuromitsu

Quote:
Same here, actually - I can't say I look forward to the DARK AND DRAMATIC turn of events. The "plot" (if it can be called that xD) of Sousei didn't really leave a huge impression on me, I enjoyed the silly hijinks much more. (Which is why I'm no fan of the OAVs and the movie either, they took themselves way too seriously.) Thank god the series managed to merge drama and "wtf lol" pretty well most of the time, but frankly if it weren't for Touma I wouldn't have cared for the drama part at all. (Oh Touma, why so beautiful?)

It might work better in Evol simply because the writer and the characters are different... (Then again, I'm not into love triangles so yeah. orz) And actually I'd love it if they spent more time fleshing out the main cast, because while it's been insanely entertaining so far, the more I think about it the less solid I find the writing. (Moral of the story: don't think, feel!)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 11:48   Link #1907
mayumi

samples of the ending. i think this pretty much confirms mikono is silvia(she has the moon in the background). her hands connect to amata and kagura with dotted lines. the most ineteresting one is zessica's and yunoha's. zessica's because i have no idea what it means and yunoha's because she too has a star/sun that is bright and she is mix of amata and kagura's hair with mikono's eyes.

http://aquarionevol.com/goods/images...n_main_003.jpg
http://aquarionevol.com/goods/images...n_main_006.jpg
http://aquarionevol.com/goods/images...n_main_010.jpg
http://aquarionevol.com/goods/images...n_main_013.jpg
http://aquarionevol.com/goods/images...n_main_018.jpg
http://aquarionevol.com/goods/images...n_main_023.jpg
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 12:04   Link #1908
miketyson

mayumi: those're including interesting visual elements not in the actual ED. Looking bad for Amata, actually (where's the sun in his shot)? And on that note: what on earth is that white thing that's bleeding in his picture? Going by anatomy I don't think it's an arm or a leg ...anyone?

Edit: actually it is his leg. He's jumping downwards from the upper right I guess, not charging forwards like I thought.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:25   Link #1909
Zuul

Looks like Zessica is buttnaked on the pic. Kinky.XD
Old 2012-02-24, 12:29   Link #1910
kuromitsu

IMO people are looking too much into the sun/moon/etc. symbolism. Yes, Apollonius is associated with the Sun, I suppose, but I don't remember any particular moon associations for Celiane. (As far as I'm aware the whole "based on Artemis" thing is just a fan theory, or is it actually confirmed by the creators anywhere?) If anything, Touma had a more pronounced Moon thing going on, what with his white and blue-ish hues being the complete opposite of Apollonius' red and gold.

In the end, Sousei had what, a wolf, a frog and an eagle coming together to create... something... based on whatever good stuff Kawamori was on. Yep.

Btw, looking at that (very pretty) pic of Amata... I've been wondering for a long while, and I still don't get it - what's going on with his arms? o_o)
Also, Zessica doesn't wear pants. XD Oh yeah.

Quote:
Looking bad for Amata, actually (where's the sun in his shot)?
The same place as in Kagura's shot. XD (Actually, they have the exact same disc-like thing.) As I said - IMO this is reading too deeply into something that is not necessarily there at all.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-24 at 12:51.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 12:40   Link #1911
Zuul

Now I have to fit Yunoha in the reincarnation mess. My head hurts. I think I'm going to give up on reincarnation theories for the moment.

Im' just going to stick with the Alicia is Amata's mom theory. Not too daring.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-24 at 12:55.
Old 2012-02-24, 13:18   Link #1912
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The same place as in Kagura's shot. XD (Actually, they have the exact same disc-like thing.) As I said - IMO this is reading too deeply into something that is not necessarily there at all.
On the one hand you're right. On the other hand these are some amazingly detailed works of concept art, and it's a lot of fun to take a close look. Especially since to my eyes it looks like these will probably all fit together into a single large image (which I hope will be available as a poster).

In any case, when I saw these versions I thought Kagura's fingers were flames coming off of that solar disk; I'm not 100% convinced that that wan't some special cleverness, but it's not clear-cut enough to merit reading more into.

Amata's arms seem to be an anatomy fail. His pose is jumping down from above-right (like ran and jumped off a building) and reaching down with his right hand; his left arm is angled up behind him at a bizarre angle (like it'd be if he'd angled his torso to reach further with his right arm, but his torso's not angled that way).
Old 2012-02-24, 13:38   Link #1913
mayumi

well they could just be works of art but aquarion is based on mythology of sun, moon, stars etc.

the sun which is at the center with kagura on one side and amata on the other. the thorns that hold kagura's hands surround amata's legs. it could mean wanting to take amata's wings. also, the background difference between amata and kagura. kagura is all white while amata is all black and mikono's is also black background with the full moon shining. zessica has rays coming from the bottom of her picture.

as fr yunoha's and mikono's. the moon has 2 sides. the bright side and the dark side.

who knows the ending could be a puzzle to put the pictures together in some sort of artistic way?
Old 2012-02-24, 14:18   Link #1914
Vena
Carpe Diem

They may be artistic representations of something but why are we digging into areas of almost wholly baseless guessing games? Let's take a step back and look at two pictures in context of the show, take Yunoha and Zessica's pictures: They are similar in that they both show two characters or faces of a character, let's call them reflections. Reflections, you say? What motifs do reflections usually carry? Showing something hidden: truth in the mirror, moon on the water, the reflections on the water, etc, a very common device for symbolizing something hidden. Here we have Zessica in front of a mirror and her reflection, and Yunoha atop water and her frog sinking into the depths.

What do these two characters have in common?
Yunoha hid herself, but she wears her heart on her sleeve.
Zessica hid her heart, but she doesn't even have sleeves. (I'm being punny.)

Simple enough, fits to what we've seen in the story so far, and no need to just start guessing at some possible hidden meaning that we might not realize until the last episode. (Take a step further: Zessica's reflection is embracing her perhaps to show that Zessica will embrace her feelings, and Yunoha's frog is sinking away perhaps to symbolize that she'll grow to no longer need her facade. Both of these interpretations make sense in the context of the show and how our characters have been developing.)

You can do this for Kagura - Mikono - Amata too without needing to worry about reincarnations. The thorns can (now) be seen as the machinations of Mykage, ensnaring Kagura and wrapping around Amata's leg. The lines that connect Amata, Kagura, and Mikono are self explanatory and form a triangle. Any more than this, looking at colors and shapes for hints, is going beyond what we have at our disposal as resources.

Similarly for our troubled MIX, just compare the image of her in the ED to the images of her in the preview.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:36   Link #1915
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Looks like Zessica has more rays of sun background than the boys.

Eta: oh and flowers... now I remember she also has flowers, flowers everywhere in the OP.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 14:49   Link #1916
miketyson

Vena: now I think you're reading much too much into it for now, lol. The lines behind Amata, Kagura, and Mikono don't actually work as a triangle (the angles are wrong, regardless of which set you use (Kagura and Amata each have 2 sets to go with)).

That said, the way the colors across these images work suggests there're all part of a single large image; same for the shared angles on a lot of the background imagery. I think it's clear *roughly* which images go near which others (with a lot of gaps, of course), but the actual arrangement is t.b.d. (if it even exists).
Old 2012-02-24, 15:07   Link #1917
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Vena: now I think you're reading much too much into it for now, lol. The lines behind Amata, Kagura, and Mikono don't actually work as a triangle (the angles are wrong, regardless of which set you use (Kagura and Amata each have 2 sets to go with)).
Well, I did pull the second one out of the air, and now that I look you're right that there are a bunch more lines. That said, I still like my first paragraph or so, it fits nicely to the show and the themes of said characters.

And its true, Zessica sure is a very flowery character in the OP and now some flowery frills on the mirror, but we've not seen her with a flower at all in the show.
Old 2012-02-24, 15:48   Link #1918
TurquoiseThyme

Having just watched the old series to get information for making reincarnation theories, I had a really crazy idea.

Amata is Toma's light side reincarnation. Whereas, Mykage is the reincarnation of his dark side. Amata has magenta eyes, Mykage dark purple, if you mixed these two colors together you get a color similar to Toma's eyes.

Amata's element sprouts feathers, indicative of a shadow angel connection. Toma knew how to operate Aquarion too. Amata has a calm tranquility reminding me of Toma.

Amata has huge abandonment issues like Toma. Apollo and Apollonius were the one's that left their loved ones, so they would be sad about leaving, granted Amata had something happen in his current childhood.

Finally, the show has tried to hint that Amata is Apollonius so much that I wonder if it is misdirection.

Usually I'm wrong about these sort of things, but I just thought this theory was too interesting to not share.
TurquoiseThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 15:57   Link #1919
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Well, I did pull the second one out of the air, and now that I look you're right that there are a bunch more lines. That said, I still like my first paragraph or so, it fits nicely to the show and the themes of said characters.

And its true, Zessica sure is a very flowery character in the OP and now some flowery frills on the mirror, but we've not seen her with a flower at all in the show.
Yeah, I'm guessing when we get pics like these for Sazanka she'll have a similarly flower-heavy backdrop like Zessica and MIX just got.

From looking at these pics I think Mikono's falling down (so the "vertical" orientation as per mayumi's pic here is correct). Make of that -- and of Amata + Kagura's pictures in light of that -- what you will.

TurqoiseThyme: that's an interesting theory and I haven't seen anyone come up with it yet. In a similar vein, if we go by "tufts of fur on clothes == wing-hints" then the art for Yunoha's fairly suggestive.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-02-24 at 15:58. Reason: Response to TurqoiseThyme
Old 2012-02-24, 17:37   Link #1920
mayumi

well maybe mikono and yunoha actually represent vega the planet. one in the morning time(yunoha) and one at night(mikono) because they both have the small dark circle with stars and then a circle with concentric rings. zessica could be the moon cause of the rays shining from the bottom. i believe the moon does appear along with flowers when she shoots the missile.

yunoha was the only character who got the same gattai scene as silvia, sirius and apollo from season 1 and she is golden aura.

Tags
comedy, science fiction