AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 07:42   Link #821
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I need to get my computer fixed. Since I have a job, and steady income, the thought of playing WoW again is returning. But as now I'd be a waste since my computer shuts down from SOMETHING whenever I run games...
Better not, it's either WoW or a steady income.

I stopped my sub a few months back after being not able to raid regularly (damn time differences). Probably go back again to mess around ... if i dont get hooked onto Warhammer Online.
Old 2008-09-16, 12:14   Link #822
Ending

I'll probably come back to WoW for WOTKL, but the latest beta patch really shafted all priests alike: damage, healing, and survivability were basically returned to the level of TBC. And that's bad.

So I have been eyeing Warhammer and LOTR Online. Warhammer looks okay, but anyone tested LOTR? It's been around for a while, I hear, so it should have most of the kinks ironed out by now. It also has a new expansion coming out... exactly one day after WOTKL.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 19:51   Link #823
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I have LOTRO, I liked it, but I just don't have enough time to dedicate to two MMO's so I only played it fairly casually with a friend. What I really liked about it was how immersive it was, I liked (most of) the quests, and the world is just gorgeous. It was good to be able to see things and visit places you could only visualise in your head from the books or seen in the movies. It actually feels pretty big to. Character movements and actions are different to WoW which can throw you for a loop for a little if you've been playing WoW for a long time but once you get over it its all good.

Haven't tried Warhammer yet, a friend is in the beta and he likes it, but I've heard both side of that story, so will probably see for myself. Either way its definitely WOTLK hoooo, then either LOTRO or WAR for a side dish.
Old 2008-09-17, 16:00   Link #824
Kuroda

WOTLK Offical release date is November 13th 2008 pre order your copys now while its safe to do so =P on topic point I've played wow for awhile don't see any reason to stray away yet.
Old 2008-09-18, 09:20   Link #825
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I pre-ordered months ago. I had to in order to guarantee getting a copy on Day 1. However, whether I was early enough to get a Limited Edition copy, that is uncertain. -_-
Old 2008-09-18, 14:57   Link #826
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hopefully the game will still be interesting for those of us that just don't raid. The solo types that sometimes get into groups, sometimes run instances with a few friends, or world pvp from time to time. With such a vast expanse of territory, it shouldn't get boring...hopefully.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:30   Link #827
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I haven't really been playing WoW as much recently because I was forced by my gf to take a break, seeing as I would play too much of it and then raid ( which meant completely ignoring all aspect of reality ). So I decided just to wait it out until wotlk comes out and then see how much better it'll be and see how much more time it'll take away from my life.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 04:56   Link #828
Sheep

Is it true that scribes get an additional Major Glyph? I read some rumors about it, but can't find any confirmation.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 07:00   Link #829
Jaden

It's true. That and the ability to use some special scrolls are what an inscriber gets. But to me alchemy is looking much better at the moment, with new alchemist's stones and inifinite use potions that'll work in arena.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 08:34   Link #830
Sheep

Hmm, I was rather disappointed when I saw the new Mad Alchemist's Potion, but I like the endless potions. It may not be a lot, and I don't play arena, but the fact alone that they're endless is good enough for me.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:00   Link #831
Mr Hat and Clogs

Whats this endless potion thing? I've never heard of that.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:13   Link #832
Sheep

They're two potions only usable by alchemists, and aren't "consumed" when you use them. The downside is that they're on a 3 min cooldown, and the amount of HP/Mana restored isn't much.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?search=endless+potion#items
Old 2008-09-19, 14:32   Link #833
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Wow Alch is getting better and better in my eyes. Now a potion that you can actually use in arena, but hey atleast if you have a lock you can use both potion and ss
Old 2008-09-19, 19:58   Link #834
Mr Hat and Clogs

Mmm those potions aren't to bad, they rely on the Alchy stones to be truly useful though, thankfully though the stones don't look too bad, for blues. Pitty Mixology doesn't work on potions. The health one heals for a shitload more then the mana one. Mmm, they need Endless Flask's too. >.>
Old 2008-09-21, 04:36   Link #835
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

How do they compare to Mad Alchemist's Potion? Damn, I loved them in PvP. So easy to make.

The list of Glyphs for all classes look very formidable, though. And if a bunch of them are bind on pickup, in combination with the exclusive 7th Glyph, as well as making scrolls to make BoP enchant recipes BoE, surely that makes Inscripting worth picking up.

Endless Flasks? That's asking a bit much, mate. That would remove the effort for farming them or for getting the reps to get them from the higher-up vendors. Yes, Alchemy has needed buffing and has received it of late, but Flasks are supposed to be harder to get and should remain that way. I've never seen a problem with a 2 hour duration.
Old 2008-09-21, 04:47   Link #836
Sheep

Potion comparison:

Mad Alch: Restores 1650 to 2750 mana and health.
Endless Healing: Restores 1680 to 2160 health.
Endless Mana: Restores 400 to 600 mana.

And just now I discover they added a new one.

Endless Rejunevation: Restores 1680 to 2160 health and 400 to 600 mana.

Edit: It seems that there are a lot of recipies being added lately, especially in the case of Inscription.
Old 2008-09-21, 05:22   Link #837
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

There's so much broken stuff on beta right now...but I think they'll get it all ironed out by the time the launch comes. They can keep working right up until then anyway, since they can just force a patch to update the client after install. /shrug

But so far, it's pretty fun. The classes are wildly out of balance and constantly getting buffs and nerfs, but class balance aside the content is amazing and well thought out. Some of the quests and most of the world design completely blow the older content out of the water...they put a lot of effort into making Northrend feel like old WoW but with updated technology. The phasing system is genius, for instance. No pun intended there.

I have no doubt there will be some winners and losers as far as classes though, there always is. But I do commend the effort put into to trying to balance it out. It's extremely hard to make 10 classes and 30 specializations unique, fun to play, and balanced all at once for every aspect of the game.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:21   Link #838
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Its basically trial and error on blizzards part. They'll make somethings very OP and then nerf it and repeat the process for god knows how long. Thats basically how its always going to be. But I want to try out this endless potion thing in pvp, mainly in arena though. Seeing as arena as a shadow priest i get targetted first like a mad man
Old 2008-09-22, 09:46   Link #839
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
wait...

WTF? It's a fake or it is real?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 19:39   Link #840
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't that be basically the Diablo series of games? Of course maybe its an effort to get World of Warcraft to Japan (I didn't notice a release date there for the game)

I doubt it is real at this time.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows